A free and open source 3D persistent fantasy RPG
PlaneShift enables you to create your own characters and explore an interesting environment that changes in real time.
PlaneShift allows you to start as a peasant in a virtual world and then use your skills to become an appraised hero. PlaneShift will also take elements from the real world such as economy and politics.
- Comes with 10 different races, each with its own characteristics
- Uses a skill system and you can choose any profession you like
- Uses a magic system that includes a wide collection of spells
- Explore amazing worlds and finish quests that will test your skills and wit
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Main highlights:
- Windows startup crash:One very nasty bug we had was just at client startup on Windows. An immediate crash which required you to launch the game multiple times before it was working. Finally this bug is fixed! Thanks to the Crystal Space team for the support.
- Skill advancement: we're releasing one of the biggest changes in the gameplay of the last years: training a skill will now only happen through practice and there is no more the need for you to learn the theory from trainers. This means you'll be no longer required to go back and forth to the trainer to advance and you won't be required to spend Progression Points and money on it. Please note this is valid for Skills only (Blacksmithing, Sword, ...), but Stats (Agility, Intelligence, ...) continue to work as previously.
- UI enhancements: Under Options>Interface>Shortcut Bar and Active Magic Window, you can find many new options to customize these two windows, in particular you can change the button size, text size, type of display and many other options. Check them all.