DocHaven is a tool that works as a 'Finder-like' Document Management System (DMS) that can expand easily from one roaming MacBook to hundreds of users.
Clicking simple icons, DocHaven users can create standard document templates, keep multiple versions, 'Take Out', 'Copy Out' and 'Put Away'. Documents are stored in Projects that can hold any number of files from any program. Users can log in over the internet and take out only those documents they have access to, with all access logged.
DocHaven can be run in one of three ways: single-user on one Macintosh, multiple-user on a MySQL server or by connecting to Holy Mackerel Software's central DocHaven server.
DocHaven has most of the capabilities of high-end Document Management Systems costing thousands of dollars, and boasts some features they do not, at a fraction of their cost. Yet the two main goals of remaining simple to use and Macintosh-like have not been compromised.
If you currently share files via Personal AppleShare, email or FTP, then read the FAQ to discover why DocHaven might be exactly what you need.
· DocHaven account
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [New] Compatible with MacOS X Mountain Lion.
· [New] You can now display a list of all Projects you have access to, not just those that are out on your desktop. Projects show blue if they are out on your computer, red if they are out on another computer and yellow if they are available on the server. Even if the Project is not out on your computer you can see a list of the document names, but you cannot open the documents until you take the project out.
· [New] You can now create a new Blank or Template Project from the Options menu.
· [New] The Documents window now only shows the Projects you have access to and no longer shows other Projects in the DocHaven folder belonging to others.
· [New] Most menu functions have now been placed inside the Actions and Options buttons. Actions work on only the highlighted documents.
· [Fix] When exporting each transfer is now treated as a separate job allowing accidental exports to be removed before they begin and the total files progress bar is a truer re...