| Add your review |
|Version: Mozilla Firefox 3.5.1 / 3.0.12 / 184.108.40.206|
|Reviewer: T Dean|
Date: 23 Jul 2009, 18:45 UTC
|GUI: Features: Ease of use: Value: |
Sidebar is the best feature, but has some shortfalls
* Has a sidebar from which a long list of Bookmarks or History can be displayed. This feature alone, IMO, makes all the Cons below worthwhile by allowing the viewing of a series of bookmarks or finding a site in History much easier than with Safari’s pulldown/snap-back menus.
* No forms Autofill, at least not that I’ve been able to figure out. Safari does this well.
* When I command+click on a Bookmark the browser window switches to it immediately. It should operate like Safari: allow me to open the link in a tab and switch to it when I want (like after it has finished loading), or at least offer a preference for this.
* No page-loading progress bar (like Safari 3 and even IE has), just a tiny grey spinning wheel hidden on the tab – v. hard to see at a glance.
* In Preferences I can’t select multiple cookies to delete from the list like Safari does. It seems to only way to delete cookies is to select one at a time and move the mouse down to click on Remove Cookie for each one. Very time consuming since there are usually more cookies I want to remove than I want to keep.
* Can’t change the name of a Bookmark by 2x clicking on it like Safari does. This would be faster and consistent with Mac file/folder/label renaming.
* Lacks a searchable Help function providing specific instructions on how to do things in Firefox. Rather, I am directed to a sort of forum to search miscellaneous user suggestions. Also, requires a “humanness” check (you know those annoying, illegible characters that must be entered) before I can submit feedback. I’d like to help Mozilla, but why not just use a "Bug" button on the browser to allow users to submit feedback.
* It’s difficult to tell, but with my DSL connection Firefox may be a little slower to load pages than Safari.
I’m using Firefox 3.5.1 on a new iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. OS 10.5.7