April 10th, 2013
· Fixed a bug where the application would crash if the beam model was unstable (i.e. insufficient supports and/or too many hinged joints).
· Fixed an issue when joints are moved between beam segments.
· Minor changes to online help documentation.
November 15th, 2012
· Fixed a bug where some users were unable to modify numeric values in the Preferences dialog.
· This only affects users running this application on Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6); users running Lion (OS X 10.7) and later are not affected.
October 15th, 2012New Load Types:
· Concentrated Moments
· Trapezoidal Span Load
· Wedge Span Load
Improvements to the Beam Canvas:
· Load values are no longer obscured by stacked span loads
· An I-Beam cursor now appears over editable text
· Material and Section properties are now drawn in the beam rather than under it
· Other minor bug fixes.
August 8th, 2012
· Minor fix: control-click now displays contextual menus
February 10th, 2012
· Joints and Moment Releases
· You can now insert joints into the beam model. This will break the main beam up into segments allowing you to assign different material and section properties to each segment. You can also release the moment at a joint thus modelling a hinge (or pin).
· Display Section and Material Properties
· These properties can now be displayed on the main beam canvas.
November 30th, 2011Fixed some issues with deflection calculations - these did not impact force and moment calculations:
· value displayed for the deflection at the tip of a cantilever was slightly off.
· default section and material properties were not being converted into the correct units when a document is first created thus causing incorrect results if the "base units" didn't match those of the beam model.
· Also fixed an issue with Point Loads not being drawn in the correct location for Imperial models.