New in version 20141027
November 4th, 2014
- New release with support for Java 8, background work for filtering by compliance type, some UI fixes and fixing the different artist rules so they can work together.
- More improvements:
- Some background work for supporting filtering by compliant type.
- Allow albums to be tagged without an album name in the Untagged page, but don't attempt to show them in the Albums list.
- Fixed "back to list" when viewing album detail via the Artists page.
- Allow the canonical artist and consistent track artist rules to work together.
- Clear and rescan should clear the tag cache so files are completely re-read under all circumstances.
New in version 20140917 (September 23rd, 2014)
- This is another bug fix release, with an important fix for the canonical artist rule.
- More improvements:
- The untagged tables are now ordered by filename.
- "Back to list" behaves correctly after fixing something on the album detail page
- Fixed the layout of the "run out of fixes" page
New in version 20140813 (August 20th, 2014)
- This new build contains a lot of fine tuning: performance improvements, bug fixes, and adoption of the new 500 fix licence.
- A major change is the adoption of the 500 fix licence. From now on, the 1000 fix licence will be replaced with the 500 fix licence on the Buy fixes page. Existing 1000 fix licences continue to work as before and are still "worth" 1000 fixes.
New in version 20140702 (July 8th, 2014)
- Changed the show tags option to display the tags using the same component as is used for the Tags page. Hopefully this familiarity in look and keyboard navigation will be beneficial. As before, the tags can be edited before being tagged into the music files.
- We also now show that same tagging component when no tags were found for an album. This means if bliss doesn't find metadata for a given album or folder it is still shown in the Untagged page with an option to fill the tags in yourself.
- Still on the Untagged page, we now make sure albums that are tagged show immediately in the Albums page, and we also support tagging files without an artist name (this caused an error before).
- There are some smaller fixes and improvements in this release::
- Fixed one more capitalization rule false positive.
- Some work to improve rule execution concurrency and performance.
- Fixed a bug with album size dependent track number padding.
New in version 20140622 (June 18th, 2014)
- Fix some startup errors for VortexBox users
- De-duplicate genre results from MusicBrainz
- Make sure the genre consolidation rule works when case rules are enabled
- When the disc number has a disc total value, don't use this to query OneMusicAPI
- Improve the Tags page UI when a tag cannot be changed
- Show progress when providing a URL to change the cover art to
New in version 20140522 (May 23rd, 2014)
- Turns out Tuesday's release has a problem: it only works for existing users installing it over the top of an existing release. This emergency fix solves that problem so totally new users can also "get blissed".
- As luck would have it, some other improvements have made their way into this release:
- When many albums in separate folders are tagged "Unknown" and just one is tagged, avoid forcing through the untagged files into the Albums page
- Show simpler errors on the Tags page
- Fix some more Title case (excluding closed class words) false positives
- Move to the latest version of OneMusicAPI
New in version 20140513 (May 21st, 2014)
- Performance improvements, fixes for the new case rules and fixes for year and genre look-up:
- No new features in this build, but a mass of fixes and small improvements.
- In the area of performance, memory use has been reduced in bliss's internal database, and when audio fingerprinting a lot of files in one directory. In the same kind-of area we also make sure that if bliss runs out of memory on OS X then we store the memory dump where it can be retrieved later for analysis.
- There's also some performance improvements when changing libraries and/or rules.
- Finally, under performance, we changed bliss's in-memory cache of tags so that it scales in size with the amount of memory assigned to bliss. This means more memory assigned allows bliss to store more in memory and so leads to less reason to read from files. This speeds bliss up, especially when reading/writing to files is slow (e.g. across a wireless network).
- Some fixes for the new case rules feature: we fixed some false positives which meant album, artist or track titles with certain punctuation (e.g. apostrophes) were erroneously marked as non-compliant.
- Finally a couple of improvements when filling in years and genres. Duplicate suggestions are now removed, as are blank "Set to" suggestions.
New in version 20140423 (April 30th, 2014)
- This new release includes case rules - the ability to ensure album, artist and track names comply with a pre-defined case style.
- More stuff:
- Optimised queries to OneMusicAPI a little, making queries faster, more likely to match and also more accurate
- Fixed album 'tiling' in the album overview page to avoid 'snagging' where tiles are different heights
- Show progress when clicking a fix in a fix dropdown
- Allow the maximum image size bliss will process to increase in line with assigned memory
- Ignore #recycle folders (these are created on Synology when accessed via a Windows CIFS share)
- Fixed a bug to allow setting track number to a plain or padded integer in an MP3 when there's an existing track number total field
New in version 20140318 (March 26th, 2014)
- Speeds up cover art alternatives (the change art and cover art alternatives pages) which has slowed since the work to fix Discogs artwork download.
- Before, two queries were made for cover art, one with the tag information and one with the audio fingerprints. Despite the fact that the former always returned much faster, the results were not displayed until the fingerprint results had also been returned. So I've changed this such that all results are immediately displayed as they are streamed back to bliss.
- This means you get cover art alternatives much faster!
- Further improvements to the "Browse" button.
- All mapped drives are listed, such as those drives mapped to network locations.
- In addition the Music library fields, populated with your music folders that contain your music files, were being converted from backslash-separated to slash-separated folder paths. This was confusing for Windows users, so I've fixed it so that it obeys the platform conventions.
- Other improvements:
- The automated cover art 'probability' requirement has been relaxed, meaning more matches (it was overly strict since the Discogs change)
- Some prep work for case rules in tags
- Upped the size limit on uploaded cover art to 8MB
- bliss no longer indexes large (>16kb) tag fields
- Fixed a problem saving data to the bliss internal database
- The Inbox page loads faster by ensuring a query for cover art alternatives is not made