New in version 20150109
January 10th, 2015
- An important fix to bliss's rule assessment/fix procedure. In the last release we included a fix to ensure that multiple reasons for non-compliance get fixed when those multiple reasons were both found by the same rule. Before it would be a two step process, with you, the user, having to click a manual response or invoke a rescan on the album in question.
- Further improvements:
- Further refinements to the Stripe checkout process for EU VAT data gathering
- Fix the "missing tags" non-compliant filter (it wasn't showing albums that were missing tags before)
New in version 20141224 (December 29th, 2014)
- Search/filter tags page:
- A new search field and button allows you to search for any value in any tag in all of your music files.
- The way it works is that your search term is compared to all tags and if a file has a tag that contains the text you enter, that file is shown on the Tags page. Files without any tags that contain the search term are not shown.
- It is not possible to constrain the search to certain tags, nor is it possible to perform any placed wildcard ('*' et al) searches. I thought we should see if a simple 'contains' search would be good enough for now.
- Further improvements:
- When missing art from a separate cover art file and the embedded artwork is non-compliant, fix both in two steps automatically (the latter first obviously).
- Added some exceptions for common acronyms in the case rules.
- Fixed page navigation when switching between compliance filters.
- Be more restrictive about assigning tracks to the same album when one set of tracks has a compilation flag set.
- Don't send disc number 'total' number when querying for cover art and tags, if it is in the DISCNUMBER field.
- The whole file path is now shown in the untagged page.
New in version 20141119 (November 25th, 2014)
- Support for the latest version of Mac OS X, 10.10, codenamed "Yosemite".
- OneMusicAPI is now used exclusively for fingerprinting and canonical artist lookup.
- Fixed the "in progress" icon which wasn't showing in some browsers.
New in version 20141027 (November 4th, 2014)
- New release with support for Java 8, background work for filtering by compliance type, some UI fixes and fixing the different artist rules so they can work together.
- More improvements:
- Some background work for supporting filtering by compliant type.
- Allow albums to be tagged without an album name in the Untagged page, but don't attempt to show them in the Albums list.
- Fixed "back to list" when viewing album detail via the Artists page.
- Allow the canonical artist and consistent track artist rules to work together.
- Clear and rescan should clear the tag cache so files are completely re-read under all circumstances.
New in version 20140917 (September 23rd, 2014)
- This is another bug fix release, with an important fix for the canonical artist rule.
- More improvements:
- The untagged tables are now ordered by filename.
- "Back to list" behaves correctly after fixing something on the album detail page
- Fixed the layout of the "run out of fixes" page
New in version 20140813 (August 20th, 2014)
- This new build contains a lot of fine tuning: performance improvements, bug fixes, and adoption of the new 500 fix licence.
- A major change is the adoption of the 500 fix licence. From now on, the 1000 fix licence will be replaced with the 500 fix licence on the Buy fixes page. Existing 1000 fix licences continue to work as before and are still "worth" 1000 fixes.
New in version 20140702 (July 8th, 2014)
- Changed the show tags option to display the tags using the same component as is used for the Tags page. Hopefully this familiarity in look and keyboard navigation will be beneficial. As before, the tags can be edited before being tagged into the music files.
- We also now show that same tagging component when no tags were found for an album. This means if bliss doesn't find metadata for a given album or folder it is still shown in the Untagged page with an option to fill the tags in yourself.
- Still on the Untagged page, we now make sure albums that are tagged show immediately in the Albums page, and we also support tagging files without an artist name (this caused an error before).
- There are some smaller fixes and improvements in this release::
- Fixed one more capitalization rule false positive.
- Some work to improve rule execution concurrency and performance.
- Fixed a bug with album size dependent track number padding.
New in version 20140622 (June 18th, 2014)
- Fix some startup errors for VortexBox users
- De-duplicate genre results from MusicBrainz
- Make sure the genre consolidation rule works when case rules are enabled
- When the disc number has a disc total value, don't use this to query OneMusicAPI
- Improve the Tags page UI when a tag cannot be changed
- Show progress when providing a URL to change the cover art to
New in version 20140522 (May 23rd, 2014)
- Turns out Tuesday's release has a problem: it only works for existing users installing it over the top of an existing release. This emergency fix solves that problem so totally new users can also "get blissed".
- As luck would have it, some other improvements have made their way into this release:
- When many albums in separate folders are tagged "Unknown" and just one is tagged, avoid forcing through the untagged files into the Albums page
- Show simpler errors on the Tags page
- Fix some more Title case (excluding closed class words) false positives
- Move to the latest version of OneMusicAPI