April 12th, 2013
· Compatible with Firefox 20 and Seamonkey 2.17 per-window private browsing. Per-window private browsing will force browser to have two sets of cookies - normal cookies and private browsing cookies. So, this add-on will adapt by use only one set of cookies depend on how Firefox or Seamonkey start. If Forefox or Seamonkey start in normal mode, it will check email by using normal cookies. If Firefox or Seamonkey start in private browsing mode, it will use private browsing cookies.
· Update Russian translation.
January 23rd, 2013
· Good news. Yahoo Mail had upgraded it code to use https (SSL). So Yahoo Mail Watcher will now use secure channel (https) first to get data.
· For more security, everybody should turn on the SSL option in yahoo mail option. Please see http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&page=content&id=SLN8558
October 15th, 2012
· Some user report audio glitch after update to version 1.54 or above. This causes by mulfunction of HTML5 audio which may be the problem of hardware, software conflict, multiple software using audio for playing or recording at the same time, or improper setting of control panel. This version fix this problem by turn back to use non-HTML5 method for two specific audio setting ("build-in sound with 100% volume" and "custom sound (only wav file) with 100% volume). If you have problem of audio glitch, please set the audio to these setting. For the user who don't have the problem, nothing need to be changed.
· Update Russian translation
September 7th, 2012
· Fix Firefox sound crash (incidence unknown)
August 28th, 2012
· Add locale it.
· More external links are add to help file for better explanation. (Thank to Underpass)
· Decrease limitation. There is no need to enable "accept third party cookie" if you use Firefox 3.6 or later.
· Change to use HTML5 audio to manipulate sound. This make this version do not support Firefox 3.0 and Seamonkey 2.0 anymore.
· Custom sound can now use Wavform audio file (.wav) or Ogg/Vorbis audio file (.ogg).
· If you use Firefox 4 or later (Seamonkey 2.1 or later), you can use WebM/Vorbis audio file (.webm) as an custom sound file.
· If you use Firefox 15 or later (Seamonkey 2.12 or later), you can use Opus audio file (.opus) as a custom sound file. Opus is free and it claim to be better than mp3 and Vorbis. For more information, please see
· Mp3 file is not support due to it is covered by patents (not freely licensed). This is Mozilla policy, not mine. For more information, please see
· You can adjust volume of "build-in sound" and "custom sound". "System sound" volume normally can be adjusted by control panel setting.
August 1st, 2012
· Added Ru locale
· Added SeaMonkey support
June 26th, 2012
· Email checking will do every time last email tab is closed (or changed to other URL). This will make email counter update after you finish with your email work. (Thank to this brilliant idea from Matthew Parker).
June 12th, 2012
· Fix incompatibility to Firefox 13 (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED of nsIXMLHttpRequest)
May 3rd, 2012
· Change some code for easier debug
· Fix system sound problem in Mac
· New alert system "Attention Alert". This alert is an attempt to get the user's attention. How this happens varies based on OS and window manager.
· On Mac, the icon in the upper right corner of the desktop flashes.
January 3rd, 2012
· No code change.
· Add zh-TW locale
December 17th, 2011
· No code change.
· Add sv-SE locale
· Add fr locale
· Add de locale
· Locale zh-TW change back to use default language (until someone volunteer to translate it).
November 19th, 2011
· No code change.
· Add zh-CN locale
November 11th, 2011
· Added bg locale.
October 27th, 2011
· Add tr locale (Thank to Cerem Beyazıt)
· Help has new style (Thank to Cerem Beyazıt)
· Reset stage will show (0) instead of blank ()
September 24th, 2011
· Help file change to xhtml for localization support.
· add locale pl (Thank to Paweł Kościelny).
· Minor bug fix context menu check box not work properly.
· Change back from dynamic CSS to static CSS to improve speed in firefox 3.6 (Thank to Leo Pernes).
· Major improvement User interface now mainly use CSS. Many informations are avaliable for CSS as attributes, so the user can tweak by userChrome.css more easily and effectively. (Thank to Chris ng).
· Improve loading icon (Thank to Paweł Kościelny).
· If you think that this extension should be translated into your language. If you think that you know what this extension does, you know about UTF-8 and you want to volunteer to translate. Please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 8th, 2011
· Fix minor bug - Reuse existing mail tab first option not work properly.
August 3rd, 2011
· Another "check now" for context menu is added to the top. This is for user who has no middle click.
· You can select to open email in new background tab
· New two toolbar icon fonts are added
· Decrease options dialog height by split into two tabs
· Minor bug fix: Snippet is crop at the right
July 9th, 2011
· Can customized left click and middle click. (Thank to David Stelpstra)
· Special thank to Primož Dominko
April 18th, 2011
· In some unknown situation, email loading is not complete. Disable option "reuse existing email tab first" can solve this problem (Thank to Chris Moore). So, this version will disable this option by default.
· Correct miss spell (Thank to P.D. and John R).
January 23rd, 2011
· Support Yahoo Mail Beta
November 23rd, 2010
· New help system
· New option to delay first checking for making Firefox start faster (Thank to Media Gearhead)
· New option to hide status bar icon (Thank to Denis Evteev)
· New option to disable loading icon (Thank to Denis Evteev)
· Double click will open only one tab (Thank to Wojtek Swiatek)
· Fix bug in some firefox language version that make timer selection not correct (Thank to purgerman)
· Firefox 4 compatible - Using xpi compression only, JAR compression is not use anymore.
· Firefox 4 compatible - Default for first run - Toolabar icon is shown and Add-on (status) bar icon is hide.
August 25th, 2010
· Change from version 1.20
· Bug fix - Close button not show on Mac.
· Show warning that Mac OS X need Growl notification system for display alert
July 3rd, 2010
· Alert sound can be changed.
· Have a new option to "Not only inbox check", but non system folders can also be checked too.
· Can alert newly arrived email by "increasing unread email count" method.
April 6th, 2010
· Improvement - Very rare type of server response for "Log out" status was now detected.
March 8th, 2010
· Big change in version number, from 0.05 to 1.00, due to this extension is going to change from experimental mode to public mode.
February 18th, 2010
· Fix sound problem due to previously using sound system for new email notification. This can cause a problem if no sound was set for this event (control panel setting). So the developer changed the plan to play on his own sound forevery new e-mail. Unlike using system sound, this new sound can not be selected and changed.
· Add icon to right click menu at feedback item to differentiate this menu from Gmail Watcher.