New in version 12.3.0
May 20th, 2015
- New Features and Improvements:
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk v12.3.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Parent/Child Ticket Relationships - SolarWinds Web Help Desk can now link multiple service requests to one parent ticket to address a repeated issue or task (such as on-boarding a new employee or tracking your IT projects). Additionally, you can pass user data, attachments, and custom fields between parent and child tickets to share data to relevant tasks.
- See Creating Parent/Child Service Relationships in the SolarWinds Web Help Desk Admin Guide for more information.
- Automated Ticketing Processes - SolarWinds Web Help Desk now includes improved task capabilities. Using tasks, you can now link a new ticket automatically to an existing ticket that triggers an action rule.
- See Creating Tasks in the SolarWinds Web Help Desk Admin Guide for information about creating tasks.
- See Creating Action Rules for Ticket Processing in the SolarWinds Web Help Desk Admin Guide for information about creating action rules.
- See Automating Parent/Child Tickets in the SolarWinds Web Help Desk Admin Guide for information about configuring tasks that initiate by action rules.
- Fixed Issues:
- A ticket number is now included in a client email when a tech creates a quick ticket.
- An issue with cache was resolved.
- Custom fields now appear when you create a task.
- A Java error no longer appears when you create an asset report.
- An inactive technician can now perform a ticket search.
- A Java error no longer appears when you generate a PDF ticket report.
- The targeted FAQ now appears when you click ""Link FAQ"" in the Ticket Details tab.
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk now redirects to the HTTPS port when configured properly in the whd.conf configuration file.
- The custom CSS templates now operate as designed.
- You can now customize the Upload button text in the Ticket Details tab.
- You no longer receive an error when changing the asset type and model of an existing asset under certain conditions after upgrading to version 12.2.
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk now supports Apache Tomcat 220.127.116.11, which provides enhanced security.
- The Attachments icon in a new or existing ticket now displays correctly.
- The client now receives an email when a user or third-party tool sends an API Post request containing specific e-mail recipients.
- You can now apply a license on a second cluster node.
- A Java error no longer appears when you create a new ticket and click "Save & Email" under certain conditions.
- A log in issue using SAML 2.0 is resolved, which appeared under certain conditions after a v12.3.0 upgrade.
- Fixed Issues Addressed in Hot Fixes
- FAQs with unexpected characters are now returned in search results.
- Search queries that include AND/OR operators now provide search results.
- Editing a note and clicking "Link FAQ" in the Search window no longer results in duplicate search inputs.
- Entering data in the Search window and pressing "Enter" now generates search results.
- The "Link FAQ" pop-up now sets the category automatically.
- The "Export All" option now operates as designed for large data sets and no longer exports items in random order.
- The FAQ option in the user interface is now available when you switch from Client to Tech in Demo Mode.
- You can now sort client requests by location.
- You no longer receive an error when adding and moving ticket request types under certain conditions.
- Chinese characters no longer appear as hash marks (#) in the generated reports.
- The FAQ Category setting is now set correctly when linking a ticket with a multi-level request type to an FAQ.
- Latvia currency now appears in Euro units when you select this country as a business zone.
- The calendar now appears when you click the Date Selector and schedule a date in a Quick Note.
- All technician names now appear in alphabetical order after you modify a ticket setting.
- Incorrect statements no longer appear in ticket history when you include a comma in the Display Name Template field in the Client Options screen.
- A Java error no longer appears when you save a ticket containing new custom fields.
- The "Force HTTPS" setting logic in the General Options screen now operates as designed.
- FAQ links are no longer broken when you add quotation marks to FAQ text.
- FAQ external links are now correct when you modify the DEFAULT_PORT setting in the whd.conf configuration file.
New in version 12.2.0 (January 30th, 2015)
- New features and improvements in this release include:
- DameWare integration: Provides seamless, out-of-the-box integration between WHD and DameWare, with the ability to open DameWare sessions using direct links in WHD. This new capability enables DameWare agents to open Web Help Desk tickets for items in DameWare, create ticket notes, and post screenshots directly from the DameWare client.
- Asset reporting: Builds real-time reports on multiple assets, based on the features you choose. These reports provide statistics on topics such as the number and type of assets in the database, where assets reside, and asset status, such as in storage or deployed.
- Extended API functionality: Now use the API to upload attachments to WHD tickets.
- Licensing: Applies new licensing consistent with other SolarWinds products.
New in version 12.0.1 (July 24th, 2013)
- The WHD installation program now recognize multiple WHD installations and allows only one WHD installation. This new improvement means that customers can run a WHD installation as many times as needed to fix installations having issues like broken libraries and bad buddy drops. Upgrading to WHD SR1 does not change existing WHD data or the embedded PostgreSQL database.
- The new installation fixes a previous a IPv6 issue that disabled database startup on Windows 2003 and Windows XP. The installation now automatically detects whether your server supports IPv6 or not, and if it does not, applies a new configuration to the whd.conf file with the IPv6 connector commented out.
- All users can install WHD with administrator privileges. WHD installations now check if the user running the installation process has WHD administrator privileges. If they do not, the WHD installation program escalates the user’s privileges to administrator privileges so they can successfully install and configure WHD.
- Fixed Issues:
- Need to make Error message more clear, when JDBC Driver is needed
- Installer blocks on maintenance expired
- PostgreSQL service does not start on Windows 2003
- WHD-vSphere-18.104.22.1685 contains DEMO changes and it says 22.214.171.124 after installation
- db_name is not consistent in .whd.properties file
- Change copyright link on login page
- Administrator must accept EULA twice
- WHD Discovery Engine (WMI) ignores XP machines
- Escalate Privileges to Administrator when Running WHD Installer
- Escalate Privileges to Administrator when Running WHD scripts in Windows
- Default descriptor of WO (postgres) causing problems
- Upgrade Fails When IP Address is bound in WHD.conf
- Performance issues with Save
- WHD – Windows installer shortcuts are not created for the 12.0.0 version branch > RC3
- Exception on deleting attachment
- whd.properties change when existing old DB configured from GSW
- Unable to create ticket notes using API
- Connection to http://localhost:8081 refused error is shown during database migration
- Incoming email Exchange Server SSL Certificate Issues
- Apple Push Notification Certificate needs to be updated
- WMI discovery serial number &emdash; None should be the same as null
New in version 12.0.0 (May 22nd, 2013)
- NEW FEATURES:
- Asset database integration with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM), and Server & Application Monitor (SAM)
- Native integration to receive alerts directly from SolarWinds NPM, NCM, and SAM, and record them as tickets in Web Help Desk
- Improved auto-discovery for automated LDAP and Active Directory configuration
- Support for Windows 2012 and Microsoft SQL 2012
- New Getting Started Wizard, with automatic WHD database setup
- Support for embedded PostgreSQL database
- Migration utility automating Frontbase to PostgreSQL
- Support for Windows 8 (only for evaluation version of WHD)
- New Virtual Appliance support
- Automatic asset discovery with a built-in scanning engine to discover assets based on subnet or IP range using WMI:
- Discover hardware and software information like hostname, manufacturer, model, OS, software installed, memory, and logged-in users
- Use scheduling feature to automatically add/remove assets at predefined intervals
- FIXED ISSUES:
- PCI compliance failure
- Absolute Manage discovery connections not getting OS names
- Special character in the mail causes NullPointerException
- Wrong path given in tool tip
- Tag doesn’t work
- Action Rule is not applied when a ticket is approved via UI
- FogBugz – database problem
- Ticket creating via e-mail
- HTML emails not rendering customer logo
- Custom Field and Bulk Actions
- Logo is missing
- Error when using the web interface to add a job
- Button placement in Chrome and OSX
- Memory leak
- Search query broken
- Search query not showing results
- Recommended server requirements
- Mobile App – My Tickets page is empty
- Doc Task – Security issue w/ iOS app
- Reporting error – unbound To date
- Cannot connect to WHD installed on CentOS
- Support for SCCM 2012
- Installation for Windows Server 2012 with with SQL Server 2012
- Login field length is limited to 50 characters
- Lansweeper 5 integration
New in version 11.2.1 (February 20th, 2013)
- Bugs Fixed in this version:
- The Admin Guide link on the welcome page now links to the correct documentation.
- Fixed a significant memory leak that could affect Web Help Desk performance.
- Fixed an issue that could create blank ticket notes in email update notifications.
New in version 11.2.0 (December 6th, 2012)
- Bugs Fixed:
- LDAP created deleted account.
- Duplicate accounts were being created for some LDAP connection clients.
- LDAP password cache not respecting time limit parameter.
- PCI test would show a failure. Failure was actually an incorrect test result report. Modified WHD to return 404 error on password hack attempt.
- Web Help Desk does not support FirstClass LDAP directories.
- WHD deletes or deactivates client accounts if an LDAP authentication error occurs other than a password failure, and the LDAP Connection setting “When Clients are removed:”is set to “Delete client” or “Deactivate client.”
- WHD Absolute Manage discovery connection fails to convert operating system identifiers into names (e.g., the operating system “Windows XP Professional” shows in WHD as “5″).
- WHD generates invalid SAML request IDs, resulting in a SAXParseException when processing the SAML response, resulting in the user being taken to the WHD login page even though they were authorized by SAML.
- When clients are being synced with LDAP, the daemon can fail to match an e-mail ticket with an existing client if the subject contains a ticket number not in the database.
New in version 11.0.8 (November 8th, 2012)
- New Features in this release:
- Product now displays the full version number in General > System Information.
- Bugs Fixed in this version:
- FrontBase service doesn’t run after fresh installation WHD in Mac OS.
- IE: Ticket buttons are disabled when the ticket is saved.
- Safari cannot display start screen after fresh installation.
- WHDPrivilegedNetworks not working correctly.
- Saving tech notes occasionally results in an error that states that there was a problem with rowdiffs.
- WHD for Exchange EWS connections is sometimes unable to make SSL connections to Exchange servers.
- Bug in saving tickets with validation errors.
- Multiple users creating a new ticket within 0.5 seconds of each other.
- Vulnerability in createTicket URL.
- Vulnerability in tickets view.
- Duplicate status change history for a single tech note.
- Send buttons are truncated on Ticket-Notes.
- Error saving tech note: java.lang.NullPointerException.
- Send a note button emails full ticket instead of single note.
- Error saving tech note: java.lang.NullPointerException.
- User gets logged off after login.
New in version 11.0.6 (July 14th, 2012)
- Fixed report custom field category to deal gracefully when custom field gets deleted
- Fixed Lansweeper tool link
- Fixed issue in the asset PDF generator that could sometimes cause the columns to be ordered incorrectly
- Fixed issue in ticket importer that could sometimes make it import dates incorrectly if the spreadsheet dates were missing a time part
- Fixed issue where the Exchange connector would sometimes have trouble connecting to 2 different Exchange servers, if such were configured in the incoming mail settings
- Fixed issue where the ticket Basic Search was filtering out RTs that were tied to locations/departments
- Fixed Ticket REST update to not require sendEmail as a parameter
- Fixed ou from dn to work correctly when the ou in the Base DN is in lowercase and the ou from the RDN is uppercase
- Fixed error that came up when the cleanup daemon attempted to delete a one-time-only ClientBulkAction that was linked to a list of “secondary rooms”
- Added daemon to ping Tomcat every 15 minutes in an attempt to avoid the issue where Tomcat will kill new sessions in the morning after a scheduled nightly restart
New in version 11.0.4 (June 16th, 2012)
- Fixed bug causing Tech passwords to be hidden when using local “Web Help Desk” authentication.
New in version 11.0.3 (June 14th, 2012)
- Fixed date formatter in PDF invoice.
- Added database primary key repair for missing PKs .
- Added automatic Client LDAP sync whenever a client is selected for editing or added to a ticket.
- Fixed issue that could cause an integrity constraint error when deleting a Tech Group Level.
- Fixed “To” Scheduled Date field — previously the “To” date would silently reset to match the “From” date on any subsequent ticket save.
- Survey display fixes when viewing surveys with long labels.
- Bug fixes to solve “editingContext disposed” errors on Tech and Asset when editing tickets.
- Fixed an Asset import regression bug.
- Removed code that could trigger a java.util.zip.ZipException in some Mac OS X 10.7.4 Server configurations.
- Improved stability of Action Rule code.
- Fixed problem where Asset Reservation numbers were not being saved and incremented reliably.
- Changed the behavior of Ticket Custom Fields — any custom field with a value will remain visible in the ticket regardless of the Request Type selected. Only custom fields that are nulled will be removed from the ticket if they are not linked to the currently selected request type.
- Added an [i] indicator for inactive techs in the ticket advanced search qualifiers.
- Various minor CSS fixes.
New in version 11.0.2 (June 7th, 2012)
- Fixed LDAP connection to not attempt a connection on save if account is disabled.
- Fixed bug that could affect reports using repeat categories.
- Fixed nullPointer triggered in Calendar view for Tech Groups if no Tech Groups have been defined.
- Various minor CSS fixes.
- Removed warning when navigating away from ticket detail editor.
New in version 11.0.1 (June 7th, 2012)
New in version 11.0 (May 25th, 2012)
- Major new features in this release:
- Action Rules
- SSO through SAML and CAS
- Ad-hoc LDAP syncing
- REST API
- Custom CSS Templates for the login page and client user interface
- Improved search performance
- Detailed e-mail history tracking
- Color-coded labels in the Tech user interface
- Hundreds more features and improvements
New in version 10.2.0.45 Beta (May 14th, 2012)
- Fixed issue causing the “Disable Single-note Email” checkbox in E-Mail Options to blank out some other fields when running under Tomcat.
- Fixed issue preventing an action rule triggering a bulk action from being applied to two different tickets.
- Fixed a NullPointerException that could arise when sending e-mail with attachments.
- Fixes a collision by attachment size column name with Oracle reserved word “SIZE” (uses “FILE_SIZE” instead).
- Fixes application to no longer send a reassignment e-mail when the user reassigns an e-mail to self.
- Fixes an issue where Setup > Tickets > Options > Limit Assigned Tech to Current Level would fail to submit the full form when running under Tomcat.
- Fixes a NullPointerException that could arise when adding a note to a new ticket after adding an attachment.
- Fixes issue where the tech note editor wasn’t honoring the Client Cc: checkbox when sending e-mail.
- Fixes REST API to use “Ticket” instead of “JobTicket” when formatted as XML.
- Removes padding from top and bottom of scrollview in new mobile app.
- Fixes issues with visibility of New Account button on login page.
- Adds various performance and stability improvements.
New in version 10.2.0.44 Beta (April 30th, 2012)
- Removes SQL Server 2000 as a supported database. SQL Server must be version 2005 or later.
- Fixes exception thrown when switching Ticket Report types from bar chart to pie chart.
- Changes length of abbreviations of Request Type labels in ticket reports to 30 characters.
- Fixes various minor issues with the REST API.
- Fixes bug causing doubling of ticket report totals when using an exclusive Request Type filter.
- Fixes problem that could occur with FrontBase when updating EMAIL_HISTORY_ENTRY table schema from Web Help Desk version 10.2.0.41 or earlier.
- Adds support in REST API for referencing clients by login ID (username or e-mail) and for searching clients in LDAP Connections that have not yet been synced with the Web Help Desk. See the Clients section of the API Documentation for details.
New in version 10.2.0.43 Beta (April 26th, 2012)
- Fixed exception that could arise when saving incoming mail settings.
- Optimizes handling of attachments to reduce memory usage.
- Fixes application to not use ‘distinct’ when fetching image columns in SQL Server 2000.
- Fixes issue that could incorrectly prevent action rules from running under certain conditions.
- Fixes NullPointerException that could be triggered when generating simple-format e-mail messages.
- Adds the ability to disable single-note e-mail and adds a pref for default e-mail type selection in the tech-note editor.
New in version 10.2.0.42 Beta (April 25th, 2012)
- Fixes to mobile web view.
- Other minor bug fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.41 Beta (April 23rd, 2012)
- Fixed issue in list view tech note editor where the note was saved even if a validation error was triggered (i.e. missing required custom field).
- Improved e-mail history search and cleanup code. To facilitate the new code, the version updater will remove all e-mail history entries and stored e-mail messages from the database. This will not affect tickets or ticket history entries in any way. Only the e-mail history entries at Setup > E-Mail > Incoming Mail Accounts > [edit account] > History Entries will be cleaned out. If your EMAIL_HISTORY_ENTRY and EMAIL_DATA_OBJECT tables are large, this may cause the update to take a bit longer than usual.
New in version 10.2.0.40 Beta (April 21st, 2012)
- Bulk actions no longer allow techs to assign tickets to others than themselves if they don't have the "Allow Reassignment" permission.
- Reassignment e-mails are no longer sent to the current user when reassigning to or from herself.
- Added tech permission to make ticket deletions "secure," which removes them permanently from the database rather than simply marking them deleted.
- Client interface now remembers sort orderings.
- Fixes potential rounding error that could occur when assigning a part to at ticket.
- Adds the ability to do round-robin ticket assignment to tech group levels.
- Fixes Asset Discovery links to the Lansweeper web app to reference assets by IP address when the asset's Lansweeper Computername has not yet been saved to the WHD asset record.
- Added support for the Casper Alternate MAC Address property.
- Fixes ClassCastException that could occur with certain custom field date searches.
- Removes colorization of request types in the client UI.
- The REST API now permits the client's login ID (username or e-mail address, depending on configuration) to be used in place of the numeric Client ID. References to clients who are in LDAP but who have not yet been synced with WHD will cause the client to be synced automatically. Client search requests can indicate that results should include unsynced LDAP records by including "searchLdap=true" as an HTTP parameter. See http://downloads.webhelpdesk.com/api for detailed documentation.
- Adds support for managed company locations.
- Fixes issue in ticket list view where ticket text that has been truncated can cause broken HTML.
- Fixes some issues with PO Importer that could result in the creation of assets with no assigned model.
- Adds support for including v_GS_BIOS0.SystemFamily0 column when syncing with Microsoft SCCM Discovery Connectinos.
New in version 10.2.0.39 Beta (April 6th, 2012)
- Updated HTML 5 Mobile app. See HTML 5 Mobile App Connection for instructions on connecting to the app.
New in version 10.2.0.38 Beta (April 5th, 2012)
- Fixes Task runner on ticket list pages to not show deleted task elements.
- Adds option to single-line custom fields to limit the number of characters to the size of the input box.
- Improves performance and reduces memory required to maintain e-mail histories.
- Fixes bug when referencing techs in the REST API that could cause an authentication failure when a tech's username matches that of a previously deleted tech.
- Fixes bug preventing causing ClassCastExceptions when attempting data imports.
New in version 10.2.0.37 Beta (March 31st, 2012)
- Updated precision of note cost calculation.
- Ticket e-mail response by a non-client that is eligible for client creation now adds the sender as a client before updating the ticket.
- Fixed LDAP Attribute Mapping panel to show a textfield instead of an empty popup when directory returns an empty list of schema names.
- Fixed issue where the email override wasn't working in quick tickets.
- Fixed issue where tickets that received an automatic status change (such as resolved tickets moving to closed) were not receiving a last-updated date and, therefore, were not being refreshed in the Group Tickets view.
- Escalations from the HTML 5 mobile app now correctly trigger e-mail. See HTML 5 Mobile App Connection for more information.
- Ticket Advanced Search now uses improved query structure to increase speed and reduce memory use.
New in version 10.2.0.36 Beta (March 21st, 2012)
- Fixes an issue with the REST API throwing an exception when POST (create/update) requests did not specify the desired format (json, xml, sencha) in the URL or in the Content-Type header.
- Adds support for Extended Attributes in the Casper Discovery Connection.
- Adds support for columns with spaces in their names in the Database Table/View Discovery Connection.
- Automatically sets the group_concat_max_len to 1048576 when using the Database Table/View Discovery Connection with a MySQL database.
- The Client interface now shows only non-closed, non-canceled Tickets by default, with an option to show all Tickets.
- Adds Installed Software as an option in Asset Advanced Search.
- Adds an option to exclude Client custom fields from e-mail (Setup > E-Mail > Options > Exclude Client Custom Fields from Email).
- Fixes Company, Location Group, and Color settings to be included when copying Request Type settings to a child Request Type.
- Fixes Ticket 1st Response date to be updated when a Tech Note date is changed to an earlier date.
New in version 10.2.0.35 Beta (March 14th, 2012)
- Adds an asset-reservation search option to exclude complete reservations from search results.
- Adds option to show or exclude tickets from the Client Info tab of Ticket details.
- Adds Discovery Connection support for Lansweeper.
- Fixes typo in "Deactivate Client" label of the LDAP Connection detail panel.
- LDAP authentication now binds using the user's distinguished name as the Base DN in order to avoid search permission issues with certain LDAP configurations.
- Fixes Asset synchronization to update model Asset Types when they are changed.
- Adds Discovery Connection option to sync with existing assets only.
- Adds "Search LDAP" option when searching for clients to indicate whether the search should include LDAP Connections.
New in version 10.2.0.34 Beta (March 10th, 2012)
- Fixed NPE that could come up when sending mail or viewing ticket details if the "Setup > Tickets > Options > Attachments Enabled" pref is disabled after there are already tickets with inline attachments.
- Fixes invoice PDF to use lbl.shipping from labels file.
- Fixed issue where new tickets imported w/o a status type would have no status stored in the DB (and, therefore, would not appear in the "my tickets" list) until the ticket was saved from the UI.
- Added part custom fields to the part importer template.
- Made the ticket PDF filter custom fields by request type (it previously showed all custom fields defined in the column set including those irrelevant to the request type).
- Made it impossible to deselect a tech from the default tech permission (techs must be assigned to another permission first).
- Fixed issue where the techs assigned to a permission list would sometimes fail to refresh when a tech assignment was changed.
- Made it so if a tech edits the same ticket in 2 sessions and chooses to ignore the warning that comes up, the lock will be removed on the older of the 2 sessions so the warning will not come up again.
- Fixed http interface to apply approval processes and action rules to relevant tickets created via that method.
- Fixed issue where email for tickets closed via the daemon were missing the survey invitation link.
- Fixed NPE that could come up when sending a simple-style email for a new ticket if the ticket doesn't have a tech assigned.
- Updated WebObjects frameworks to version 5.4.
New in version 10.2.0.33.4 Beta (February 27th, 2012)
- Fixed: NullPointer that would occur when editing an existing ticket with no Tech assigned (only affected 10.2.0.33.3 installations).
New in version 10.2.0.33.3 Beta (February 25th, 2012)
- Added: Color labels to Techs, Tech Groups and Request Types
- Added: Setup > Tickets > Options > Limit Assigned Tech to Current Levels. This limits the available techs in the ticket Assigned Tech popup to those in the current tech group level and exposes with additional "Limit Assigned Tech by Current Location" to filter by company, location and department.
- Fixed: Invoice calculation and cost field now use the Business Zone currency precision setting.
- Fixed: Custom fields in PDF lists now follow the column ordering specified in the active Column Set.
- Fixed: Problem where data in the asset PDF sometimes did not match up with the column headers.
- Fixed: Issue where tasks could show as linked to action rules incorrectly.
- Fixed: Setup > Tickets > Status Types > Options > Tech Note Default Status no longer incorrectly overrides status specified in a Tech e-mail update.
- Fixed: Deleted models no longer show up in the Parts search filter.
- Fixed: Missing "Closed" status on closed tickets when a tech does not have permission to close tickets. This would result in the ticket appearing as a non-closed status if the tech edited the ticket, and could cause the ticket to be reopened when saved.
- Fixed: Custom field formatter in iCalender events.
- Updated to latest Exchange Web Service connector which should resolve occasional nullPointers that could occur during processing messages.
New in version 10.1.10.3 (February 25th, 2012)
- Fixed: AssetSynchronizer now explicitly sets isParent=1 for new assets.
- Fixed: Issue preventing the ability to mark Tech accounts as inactive.
New in version 10.2.0.33.2 Beta (February 15th, 2012)
- Removes RequestedAuthnContext directive from SAML authentication requests. This should enable automatic login with Windows authentication credentials when using Internet Explorer (or other browsers configured to implement Windows authentication for SSO).
- Fixes problem with "this week/month/year" ticket searches against the ticket due date.
- Fixes error that could occur when running Tasks that trigger action rules.
- Adds the ability to set currency precision for a Business Zone.
- Fixes ticket cancelation to update the ticket's last-updated date.
- TSV exporters no longer include an '=' prefix in string columns. When viewing in Excel, this may result in leading zeros being stripped; use the Excel download option instead.
- Fixes a bug that could cause the default Web Help Desk logo to appear instead of the custom logo.
New in version 10.2.0.33.1 Beta (February 9th, 2012)
- Fixes FAQ pop-up window to use custom stylesheet.
- Minor stability improvements.
New in version 10.2.0.33 Beta (February 8th, 2012)
- Changed: Setup > E-Mail > Options > Create Ticket Notes From Replies option has been replaced with Use Incoming Mail Account as "From" Address. Refer to the help popup in the WHD interface for more information.
- Changed: Using SQLite database for LANrev syncs is now available only if -DAllowAbsoluteManageSQLiteDatabase=true in whd.conf JAVA_OPTS.
- Changed: Removed colon separator between popups in request type selector to avoid a rendering glitch in the Client Help Request screen.
- Fixed: Tech e-mail that doesn't specify a status will now use the value at Setup > Tickets > Status Types > Options > Tech Note Default Status.
- Added: Option to include PDF page break between composite sub reports.
- Added: Additional CSS gallery setting samples.
New in version 10.2.0.32.3 Beta (February 3rd, 2012)
- Fixed issue where selecting a ticket checkbox in list view then running an action would reset the selected Column Set to default.
- Fixed JS validation for required ticket custom fields using popup menu style.
- Added option to link a Company or Location to a specific Outgoing Mail Account. Locations linked to a Company inherit the outgoing account, but the account can be overridden at the Location level.
- Other minor bug fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.32.2 Beta (February 1st, 2012)
- Fixes problem with SQL Server data model that would complain about missing varbinary(max) datatype.
- Client Admin searching for "Other" client to assign a new ticket to now correctly filters LDAP search results by assigned admin Location and/or Department.
- Various custom stylesheet related fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.32.1 Beta (January 31st, 2012)
- Fixes issue with SQL Server database model that would cause a "data will be truncated" error when trying to save the new stylesheet option.
New in version 10.2.0.32 Beta (January 31st, 2012)
- Fixes SAML authentication to work with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Various other minor bug fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.31 Beta (January 27th, 2012)
- Fixed new mobile app authentication when using LDAP (access the mobile app at http://yourserver/helpdesk/mobile/index.html)
- Added Setup > General > Look & Feel which allows custom stylesheet application to the Login page and Client UI.
- Added Setup > Tickets > Options > Enable Ticket E-Mail Overrides which exposes a new option in the ticket Recipients tab to disable *all* e-mail messages for the ticket, while leaving the current recipient settings intact.
- Added Client Cc list and "enable" checkbox to the Tech Note recipients section.
- Added support for direct connection to the Absolute Manage SQLite database (only available if Absolute Manage and WHD are on the same server).
- Various minor bug fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.30.3 Beta (January 20th, 2012)
- Changed: when ticket resolution is confirmed by the client and a ticket closes, if the ticket has a linked survey, an e-mail with survey invitation will always be sent to the Client.
- Fixed issue causing extra "Created by..." ticket history entries to be generated.
- Fixed list filtering so tickets deleted by Bulk Action or e-mail will be correctly removed from list view.
- Added a "white list" of accepted domains that can be enabled for each outgoing e-mail account.
- Fixed issue resetting non-LDAP client passwords.
- Updated Client menubar icons.
- Various other fixes.
New in version 10.1.10.2 (January 18th, 2012)
- Fixes an exception that can be thrown in ticket report PDFs.
New in version 10.2.0.30.2 Beta (January 14th, 2012)
- Adds LDAP searching to Client lookup in "mini" lookup widget (i.e. Asset assignment)
- Fixes CAS authentication to work on direct action links to view or search tickets.
- Various minor enhancements and bug fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.30.1 Beta (January 13th, 2012)
- Fixes list filtering bug.
New in version 10.2.0.30 Beta (January 13th, 2012)
- Major optimization to fetching tickets when moving between ticket lists.
- Various bug fixes.
New in version 10.2.0.29 Beta (January 13th, 2012)
- Adds LDAP lookup of non-synced clients to basic client search and the Client Info tab of a ticket. Selected LDAP clients are synced to the WHD database on the fly.
New in version 10.2.0.28.1 Beta (January 11th, 2012)
- Fixed bug when deleting a ticket note.
- Ticket Detail changes made after the tech note editor is opened will now save when the note is saved.
- Various stability improvements.
New in version 10.2.0.28 Beta (January 8th, 2012)
- Various stability improvements.
- Fixes issues with Remember Me checkbox not working in certain cases.
- When logging in as a client linked to a tech account, the client can now switch to tech view. The view last used will be restored when the client or linked tech logs in again.
- Fixes a problem causing duplicate client accounts to be created when authenticating with LDAP and using User Name as the login ID.
- Fixes bug causing Delete link to appear in e-mails for unassigned tickets to techs that don't have permission to delete tickets.
- Fixes issue that could cause the "Send to Cc:" checkbox in a ticket to be automatically re-enabled when the ticket was updated by e-mail.
New in version 10.2.0.27.3 Beta (January 7th, 2012)
- Restores dialog confirmation when saving a ticket and returning to list view in one step.
- Various stability improvements.
New in version 10.2.0.27.2 Beta (January 4th, 2012)
- Restores total work time to note list in ticket details.
- Includes various stability improvements.
New in version 10.2.0.27.1 Beta (January 3rd, 2012)
- Fixes an issue preventing the editing of assets.
- Added badge counts to My Tickets, Group Tickets, and Flagged Tickets sub-tabs.
New in version 10.2.0.27 Beta (January 3rd, 2012)
- Adds the ability to override the "Enabled" checkbox for the Client Cc: list from the Tech interface.
- Adds the option to create a new ticket for e-mail specifying a ticket number that doesn't exist.
- Fixes a problem with Request Type changes made after opening the Tech Note editor.
- Fixes Tech and Client profiles to not show password fields when external authentication is selected.
- Fixes the login attribute to be User Name when external authentication is selected.
- Fixes an exception that could be thrown when a Client attempts to access a Ticket with a URL that is missing the Ticket number.
- Fixes an exception that could be thrown when navigating through the Ticket History in a Client record.
- Adds the ability to link a Client account with a Tech account so that Techs can switch to the Client interface without having to log out. (Also enables Techs to act as Clients when external authentication is in use. See Setup > Techs > Techs > [Individual Tech] > Linked Client.)
New in version 10.2.0.26.5 Beta (December 27th, 2011)
- Fixes tech note editor so it no longer wipes changes in a note if ticket validation fails.
New in version 10.2.0.26.4 Beta (December 27th, 2011)
- Fixes bug in ticket editor when creating a new note after navigating between tickets in succession.
New in version 10.2.0.26.3 Beta (December 27th, 2011)
New in version 10.2.0.26.2 Beta (December 23rd, 2011)
- Adds stability and performance improvements when editing tickets.
New in version 10.2.0.26.1 Beta (December 22nd, 2011)
- Adds a Warranty Type search option to advanced Asset Search.
- Fixes a few broken help messages.
- Fixes exception thrown when creating an Action Rule that assigns a Tech Group.
- Fixes new-ticket action (.../wa/TicketActions/new) to work correctly with parameters that pre-populate ticket values.
- Makes setting in Tech Note editor sticky to each Tech for whether to send client e-mail as a single note or with full ticket details.
New in version 10.2.0.26 Beta (December 21st, 2011)
- Improves performance when editing a ticket when load balancing is enabled for tech assignment.
New in version 10.2.0.25 Beta (December 20th, 2011)
- Fixes an issue in previous version causing setting labels to be rendered in bold even when they aren't required.
- Fixes login page to not hold on to sessions when authentication is unsuccessful.
- Fixes authentication from mobile app for techs that use LDAP authentication.
- Adds multiples of 24 to time period popup menus, so that multiples of a 24-hour day can be selected.
- Adds color option to Client bulk actions.
- Adds support for ticket variables in the Send E-Mail action rule.
- Fixes exception thrown in PDF reports having one or less bar category items.
- Fixes bug that could prevent custom-field-related action rules from running if the custom fields are marked hidden from the current user.
- Fixes e-mail triggered by the Send Email action rule on new tickets to include the ticket ID in the ticket link.
- Fixes NullPointerException that could occur when a Quick Ticket has a request type tied to an approval process and the Quick Ticket doesn't include all required fields.
- Adds "Show n Items" popup menu to ticket report categories.
New in version 10.2.0.24 Beta (December 20th, 2011)
- Adds a "Default Request Type" property to the Assign To > Tech Group action rule, to resolve conflicts between the action rule's tech group and the tech group assigned to the ticket's request type.
- Fixes bug that caused LDAP authentication to search for users in the LDAP directory by username even when the Web Help Desk login attribute is set to e-mail.
- Fixes creation of a blank note when the "Add Note" button is double-clicked. Hides the Add Note button when the note editor is enabled.
- Fixes bug causing duplicate status times to be logged when certain changes are made in the tech note editor.
- Fixes the Request Type selection to persist between screen refreshes in the ticket detail page.
New in version 10.2.0.23 Beta (December 20th, 2011)
- Fixed bug causing SAML authentication fields to not appear when first enabling external authentication.
- Added more detail and fixed some bugs in SAML/CAS certificate detail views.
- Fixed conflict between SSL keystores used for CAS authentication and for Exchange.
- Fixed NullPointerException that can trigger if an action rule for Assign To > Tech Group > Level is used and the specified level has no eligible techs.
- Fixed Tech Note visibility when default visibility is set to Hidden and Tech permission is set to not allow view/creation of hidden notes.
- Fixed Ticket history entries to strip out entries for hidden notes if the tech doesn't have permission to view them.
- Fixes login authentication to ignore disabled LDAP Connections.
New in version 10.1.10.1 (December 15th, 2011)
- Fixes Request Type selections in ticket report filters to include subtypes.
New in version 10.2.0.22 Beta (December 12th, 2011)
- Adds support for CAS 2.0 and SAML 2.0 SSO authentication.
- Adds option to specify URL to redirect to when logging out.
- Adds option in Setup > Tickets > Options to control whether the Ticket's Location/Room/Department is updated when the assigned Client is changed.
- Adds Ticket Number and removes bookmarkable URL from the Ticket popup window opened from surveys.
- Adds Tech Business Zone and Location Business Zone category options to reports.
- Fixes issue when searching for text fields containing square brackets ('[' and ']').
- Adds the Ticket's client name to the header of the quick note editor.
- Adds ability to filter Techs in Setup > Techs > Techs to those currently logged in.
- Adds Tech permission to allow access to e-mail *.eml files from history entries.
- Adds option to delete multiple Messages at once.
- Adds support for reading date columns when using the Database Table or View Discovery Connection.
- Fixes LDAP Connections to work with CRAM-MD5 authentication.
- Fixes LDAP Connections to not give an error during synchronization when Techs are set to authenticate with LDAP.
- Fixes Country selection in Business Zones to include some locales that were previously missing, including United States - English (en_US) rather than defaulting to United States - Computer (en_US_POSIX).
- Fixes Report categories to use label categories.
- Improves performance when running reports with Location Group, Department Group, and Company category selections.
- Fixes Request Type filter selections in Ticket Reports to include all subtypes.
- Updates locale information to ICU4J version 126.96.36.199.
- Updates Tomcat to version 188.8.131.52.
- Updates Windows Java Virtual Machine to 184.108.40.206 (32-bit) and 220.127.116.11 (64-bit).
- Fixes various rendering issues in certain browsers.
- Fixes Tech Note editor to update custom field selections when the Status is changed.
- Changes the "Modify Ticket" rule action to skip required field validation (like the other action rules do).
- Fixes attachment list in Client interface to update properly when changes are made in the current user session.
- Restores the button to create new assets back into the Ticket editor.
- Fixes issue that could cause reports with a Repetition category to report double the correct totals.
- Fixes issue causing some note e-mail history entries to fail to be recorded.
- Restores the option to reveal Tech e-mail address to Clients in Setup > E-Mail > Options.
- Fixes Setup > Tickets > Options > E-Mail Delete Confirmation to override the individual Tech's e-mail setting in a ticket.
- Fixes issue that could cause duplicate client accounts to be created when authenticating with LDAP.
- Fixes NullPointerException that could occur when a Tech Note is editing by someone who didn't create it.
- Removes the size limitation on Survey question fields.
- Fixes action rule to change Ticket Status to apply appropriate ticket closure actions (set close date, close child tickets, run action rules on closed child tickets).
New in version 10.1.10 (December 12th, 2011)
- Updates Tomcat to 7.0.23.
- Updates Windows Java Virtual Machine to 18.104.22.168 (32-bit) and 22.214.171.124 (64-bit).
- Adds support for date columns in Database Table or View Discovery Connections.
- Fixes bug that could cause Ticket Reports to give double the correct totals when a Repetition Category is selected.
- Fixes Client asset list to be refreshed when the Client on a Ticket is changed.
New in version 10.2.0.21 Beta (November 28th, 2011)
- Fixed IE7 rendering issues in ticket list action popup.
- Fixes some issues with fields getting reset when adding a note to a new ticket.
- Style changes to menu bar.
- Fixes issue with reports not showing correct results for certain filter selections.
New in version 10.2.0.19 Beta (November 10th, 2011)
- Added: new mobile application reachable at http://yourhost:port/helpdesk/mobile/index.html (this application will eventually be packaged for download at the AppStore -- requires an HTML5 compliant browser)
- Added: a few missing localization labels
- Fixed: transient foreign key constraint error when adding a Tech Note
- Fixed: various Action Rule bugs
New in version 10.2.0.18 Beta (November 7th, 2011)
- Adds new Scheduled E-Mail Delivery option for tickets with recipients greater than the number specified at Setup > E-Mail > Options > Scheduled E-Mail Delivery Threshold (default value is 5). When the scheduled delivery option is triggered, e-mail will *not* be sent before returning the ticket save confirmation, but will send within 1 minute of saving the ticket.
- Updates time zone information.
- Adds Action button to ticket list pages, with new option of running a Task from the list page.
- Fixes bug in reports that could cause NullPointerExceptions.
- Fixes a NullPointerException that could be thrown when using the REST API to access a ticket marked as a Problem.
- Changes Action Rules to be run by "System."
- Fixes NullPointerException that could be thrown when e-mailing an invoice using the "Send E-Mail" action rule.
- Fixes Advanced Options exposure link when initializing a new database.
- Adds database indexes to TECH_NOTE.DATE, TECH_NOTE.CREATION_DATE, and HISTORY_ENTRY.TYPE.
- Fixes popup window that shows tickets for a report table entry to show the report category filters for the entry even when no report-level filters are selected for the report.
- Improves file attachment selection process in Ticket details page.
- Changes default client e-mail style for new installations to the Simple format.
- Updates Tomcat to 7.0.22.
New in version 10.1.8 (November 7th, 2011)
- Updates Tomcat to 7.0.22.
- Updates time zone information.
- Fixes IndexOutOfBoundsException that could be thrown when viewing certain reports.
New in version 10.2.0.17 Beta (October 25th, 2011)
- Fixes issue with searching for strings containing brackets.
- Fixes issue where e-mail daemon would sometimes not reply to unrecognized e-mail addresses.
- Fixes issue with e-mail history search filters.
- Fixes tech note editor to refresh correctly when editing a note on a new ticket.
- Adds "Latest Update Trigger" to list of possible action-rule conditions. Adds the ability to detect whether a ticket was updated by means of a cc: e-mail to the Web Help Desk.
- Fixes an issue causing certain browsers to hang when entering values in an e-mail address lookup field.
- Fixes bug that could cause an IndexOutOfBoundsException when running reports in which the option to show non-zero values only is selected.
- Fixes LDAP authentication at login to use the search filter specified in the LDAP Connection details.
- Fixes Tech Basics page to toggle showing of password field when LDAP Authentication checkbox is toggled.
New in version 10.2.0.16 Beta (October 14th, 2011)
- Fixes SSO variable selection to work when running under Tomcat.
- Fixes LDAP connections to not follow referrals when connecting to Active Directory.
- Number of permitted authentication attempts are no longer limited by default.
- Fixes Save button to work when saving reservations made from the Asset list page (as opposed to reservations made from the Reservations tab).
- Fixes issue where if a tech left the note editor open for a new ticket and then clicked Save at the bottom, it would blank out the other ticket details and just save the note.
- Fixes bug enabling deleted Client Admin accounts to continue to receive update notification e-mails.
- Fixes issue with "Do not overwrite existing values" checkbox in Discovery Connections from working correctly.
- Fixes issue in which Client could receive two-emails when canceling a ticket.
- Saving a note in the ticket detail page now causes all information in the ticket to be saved as well.
- Fixes Casper Discovery Connections to get Installed Software data correctly.
- Fixes issue with widgets reporting incorrect totals for "Unassigned" category items.
- Fixes status selection in note editor to update the available custom fields.
- Disables LDAP connection timeouts when using SSL, due to lack of support for SSL connection timeouts in the Java library.
- Fixes a NullPointerException that could occur when canceling a note edit in a new ticket.
- Fixes issue causing Exchange e-mails not to be deleted after having been processed by the Web Help Desk.
- Adds an auto-completion Client lookup field in the ticket Advanced Search panel.
- Improves performance of "Updated By" ticket searches.
- Removes length limits on e-mail reg-ex filters.
- Fixed issue that could sometimes prevent techs from viewing their own tickets if they did not belong to the tech/location group of the ticket.
- Fixes a warning message that could occur when selecting a Request Type in the ticket note editor.
- Fixes LDAP sync to not require techs to have a client account with the same username.
- Fixes deletion of Queries to work successfully when dashboard widgets are using them.
New in version 10.1.7.1 (October 3rd, 2011)
- Removes length limits on e-mail regular expression filters.
- Fixes issue that could sometimes prevent techs from viewing their own ticket from a bookmarkable URL when they did not belong to the ticket's tech or location group.
- Fixes problem in which client e-mail updates were sometimes not updating the ticket status.
- Fixes close date to get set for children of closed or canceled merged tickets.
- Fixes issue in which tickets sometimes were not assigned a priority.
- Fixes Save button to work for reservations made from the Asset list page (as opposed to reservations made from the Reservations tab).
- Fixes Casper discovery connections to retrieve correct Installed Software data.
New in version 10.2.0.15 Beta (September 20th, 2011)
- Dashboard with Ticket Chart and Ticket Activity widgets. Dashboard widgets can be filtered by a Saved Query created at Tickets > Search Tickets > Advanced Search. By default, only the most recent 4 weeks of Tickets are included in Dashboard data. This can be changed at Setup > General > Options > Max Weeks of Data in Dashboard. Because dashboard reports can be expensive to generate in terms of memory and CPU, we recommend keeping this filter as limited as possible.
- REST API. See documentation at http://downloads.webhelpdesk.com/api/.
- Simplified URLS for requesting ticket lists and details.
- LDAP synchronization at login: LDAP clients are now synced automatically whenever they log in or submit a ticket by e-mail, and synchronization of all clients at once is no longer necessary. In addition, Web Help Desk client accounts are created automatically for authenticated users that cannot be found in the Web Help Desk database.
- Automatic account creation for authenticated users: authenticated usernames can now be passed to the Web Help Desk via an HTTP header or form value as well as a Tomcat security realm. (See Setup > General > Authentication.) If an authenticated username is not found within the Web Help Desk client database, a new account is created automatically and the authenticated user is prompted to provide any required fields (last name, e-mail, required custom fields). If the user can be located in an LDAP Connection, the account will be updated with values from the user's LDAP account.
New in version 10.1.6 (August 26th, 2011)
- Fixed currency for Slovakia to use the Euro.
- Fixed bug in automatic HTTP to HTTPS redirect when whd.conf contains both DEFAULT_PORT and HTTPS_PORT settings.
- Links to YouTube videos in tech notes, FAQs, etc. now render as embedded video players.
- Updated Tomcat to version 7.0.20.
New in version 10.1.5 (August 17th, 2011)
- Fixes issue that could cause endless looping of tasks.
- Adds HTML escaping of special characters in ticket history entries in order to prevent XSS attacks.
- Adds "select all" and "cancel" buttons to the rejected-e-mail template builder.
- Improves ticket history to show the full list of e-mail recipients in the icon hover popup (instead of showing "and x more").
- Fixes approvals to check that the ticket has not been deleted.
- Fixes problem in Cc: and Bcc: lookup fields causing them to match too many WHD users.
- Fixes tickets to clear the client IP address when the client is changed, and to update the IP address whenever the client updates the ticket through the web interface.
- Fixes e-mail input fields to support apostrophes in the e-mail address.
- Mac OS X installations now use LaunchDaemons instead of StartupItems.
- When installing on Mac OS X Lion, the installer now prompts for permission to install Java if no Java installation can be found.
New in version 10.1.4 (August 5th, 2011)
- Fixes push notifications for WHD Mobile.
- Updates Tomcat to version 7.0.19.
- Fixes bug preventing multiple checkboxes from being selected in e-mail history search when running under Tomcat.
- Adds support for more date formats in data importers.
- Fixes negative currency values to work when locale has the currency symbol in front of the number (e.g., U.S. dollar format).
- Fixes custom fields to not lose selected values when those values are removed from the available options for the custom field.
- Fixes problem where toggling the "Enabled" checkbox next to a time-period custom field in a Bulk Action would blank out other fields in the Bulk Action if running under Tomcat.
- Fixes problem where new tickets created by a Quick Ticket would be assigned the wrong status type if there were validation problems.
- Fixes problem causing Ajax client lookups to fail when using Oracle for the Web Help Desk database.
- Items selected in ticket list views for a merge or Bulk Action are now deselected when the merge or Bulk Action is run.
- Fixes Absolute Manage Discovery Connections to support dates in Absolute Manage custom fields. If a date cannot be parsed, a warning is logged rather than canceling the sync.
New in version 10.1.3.7 (June 30th, 2011)
- Selecting a different column set in ticket report ticket list now refreshes the list to reflect the change.
- Added support for custom labels for Tasks and Vendors.
- Fixes issue where approval processes could be become Approved prematurely. Fixes approvals to refresh when loaded in order to avoid sync issues with other application instances.
- Fixed note editor to not set 1st Response Date if a hidden note is added to a ticket.
- Fixed error that was thrown when doing a ticket search with the "cost" property.
- Added link back to the web application in single note client e-mail messages.
- Fixed e-mail footer to support line breaks.
- Fixes broken image link for Bookmarkable URLs for FAQs.
- Assets can now be marked reservable in the Asset importer.
New in version 10.1.3.6 (June 9th, 2011)
- Fixes column set selection to be retained after log out.
- Adds a "Convert to Free" button on the license expiration page to fix demo installations that don't automatically switch to free mode.
New in version 10.1.3.5 (June 7th, 2011)
- Fixes problem in mobile app where a previously viewed ticket's request type appears in ticket details.
- Fixes foreign key constraint from PART_CUSTOM_FIELD to point to PART instead of JOB_TICKET. In some cases (when there is no JOB_TICKET.JOB_TICKET_ID that matches the existing PART_CUSTOM_FIELD.ENTITY_ID), it may be necessary to manually remove the old constraint.
- Fixes 500 error that was thrown when changing the time of day of a Task's interval.
- Adds support for customization of "Quote" label.
- Fixes problem that could occur when converting a demo license into a free license.
- Fixes problem with survey question ordering that could occur when adding a new question.
- Fixes scheduled restart LaunchDaemon script for Mac OS X. Replace the existing com.macsdesign.RestartWebHelpDesk.plist per these instructions, then do:
- sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.macsdesign.RestartWebHelpDesk.plist
- sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.macsdesign.RestartWebHelpDesk.plist
New in version 10.1.3.4 (May 20th, 2011)
- Fixes link in e-mail message for setting status to "Closed" to be hidden when specified by the recipient's Tech Permission.
- Improves compatibility with servers that do not implement the IMAP specification correctly.
- Fixes various rendering issues under certain browsers.
- Fixes problem preventing single-tech Pro licenses from creating more than one session. (Single-tech free licenses are still limited to one active session.)
- Fixes various labels to support customization/localization.
- Fixes NullPointerException that could be thrown when attempting to download an Excel file from the Assets page.
- Fixes issue with saving changes to certain Task schedules.
- Fixes various popup rendering issues in Query editor.
- Adds support for "mail.from.override" and "mail.from.override.personal" properties in the Advanced E-Mail Properties setting of Incoming Mail Accounts.
New in version 10.1.3.3 (April 18th, 2011)
- Fixed "Clear" button on Client History view to restore default full ticket list view when clearing search criteria.
- Fixed sort order of request types in the My/Group/Recent "Show Filter" option.
- Fixed auto-assignment bug triggered when no techs in a given level were eligible for an assignment.
- Changed the Client Help Request form to disable the Subject, Detail and Save button until a leaf child request type has been selected. This protects the client from wiping their text when they fill in the request details before selecting a request type.
New in version 10.1.3.2 (April 4th, 2011)
- Fixed regression bug determining which Techs are eligible for auto-assignment.
- Fixed CSS in list views to avoid unnecessary horizontal scroll bar.
- Added option to delete tickets on merge or set a status (Setup > Tickets > Status Types > Options > When Merged).
New in version 10.1.2.1 (March 12th, 2011)
- Fixed issue that can cause the daemon to falsely detect inactivity if the notifications daemon hangs while attempting to establish a connection to the feedback service.
- Fixed asset notes to not be visible to clients via the asset info icon on the help request page.
- Attachments with .eml and .msg extensions now provide the appropriate content-type header when downloaded.
- Fixed inconsistency where e-mail updates from a Cc: tech would not trigger an e-mail back to the Cc: tech according to the settings in the Recipients section of the ticket (like it does for updates from a Cc: client).
New in version 10.1.2 (March 4th, 2011)
- Fixes problem with filtering of priorities in the client Help Request page, where priorities were being filtered according to a selection previously (but no longer) associated with a location.
- Fixes problems in Tomcat (standard) deployments where the Refresh and Column Set popup menus were resetting each other.
- Fixes e-mail histories to be deleted when an e-mail account is deleted.
New in version 10.1.1 (March 3rd, 2011)
- Fixed issue with FAQ Edit tech permission causing it to revert to being checked.
- Ticket merge utility now removes the billing time from notes that are merged into another ticket, to prevent double billing. A history entry recording the fact is now added to the ticket from which the minutes were removed.
- Fixed a null pointer exception that can occur in rare conditions when a tech's active session record cannot be found in the database.
- Fixed Recent Tickets and Search Tickets pages to refresh automatically when the column set is changed.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when using FireFox with a Tomcat deployment, where clicking a ticket number in the My Tickets list would fail to open the ticket editor.
- Moved some preferences from the Invoicing setup tab into Parts & Billing > Options.
- Fixed the Parts Custom Fields to be hidden if billing is disabled.
- Fixed to the Time Block tab to be hidden when time blocks are enabled and billing is later disabled.
- E-Mail History is now recorded for all attempts to connect to the e-mail ticketing inbox. (See Setup > General > Email > Incoming Mail Accounts.)
- Added 64-bit Debian installer. Fixed Debian installers to not require removal of the current package before updating. However, when updating from 10.1.0 or earlier for the first time, you will need to install the package twice, using the same package install command. (See the instructions on the downloads page.)
New in version 10.1.0 (February 24th, 2011)
- For all changes and fixes since the last 126.96.36.199 stable release, please see previous release notes tagged with "beta".
- Note: This update will apply an index to the HISTORY_ENTRY.ENTRY_DATE field. If you have a large database with many history entries, the update may appear to stall on the "Applying index and constraint updates..." message in the DB update panel while that index is applied. Please be patient and the update will complete -- the amount of time it takes to apply the index will vary depending on your database size and type.
New in version 10.0.22 Beta (February 24th, 2011)
- Fixed problem adding a Ticket Cc: recipient from an extra To: recipient on a new e-mail ticket.
- Fixed ticket merge to correctly update the total ticket time and cost in the parent ticket.
- Fixed problem where email history entries were showing multiple times in the list if there was more than one message processed/rejected for the entry.
- Fixed new password e-mail to not send if the client has "Block WHD E-Mail to Client" set in profile.
- Fixed DB index on history entry date to speed up Recent Tickets view.
- Fixed history entry on merged tickets to correctly show who ran the merge.
- Fixed report issue where report month labels were sometimes not in sync with the selected date range for the report.
- Fixed display in Report Filter to indicate if a Location has been marked inactive.
- Changed behavior of Tech Note editor "Show in Linked Problem/Incident" checkbox to re-use the setting of the previous note created in the ticket.
New in version 10.0.21 Beta (February 22nd, 2011)
- Added filtering options at Setup > E-Mail > Incoming Mail Accounts > [edit detail] > E-Mail History.
- Fixed "select all" checkbox in ticket list to add the selected tickets to the merge tickets panel.
- Fixed Request Detail column in ticket list to show a value if the ticket only has a subject.
- Fixed "Show in Linked Problem/Show in Linked Incidents" checkboxes to be visible in tech note editor when parts and billing is disabled (and in Lite mode).
- Fixed regression bug where Messages targeted to clients weren't showing in the client interface.
- Fixed client secondary e-mail address field to accept multiple e-mail addresses.
- Fixed missing busy indicator on some search panels.
- Changed e-mail receiving behavior so that additional "To:" addresses on e-mail sent to the WHD are added as Client Cc: addresses on the ticket.
New in version 10.0.20 Beta (February 17th, 2011)
- Updated Tomcat to version 7.0.8 -- Java 6 is now required.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later is now required. If you're running 10.5 see this FAQ to make sure you've configured Java 6 on your machine.
- Updated included Java to 1.6.0_22 for Windows and 1.6.0_24 for Linux installers.
- Added 64 bit Windows installer option.
- Added regex testing components for the email filters.
- Added new e-mail log, ability to view the log of incoming emails processed and rejected by the incoming email account.
- Added time since created text to notes.
- Added new Column Set sheet editor with drag and drop column reordering.
- Added Creator display to client ticket detail view.
- Added client custom fields to mobile application Client detail view.
- Added option to exclude individual ticket and client custom fields from e-mail messages.
- Fixed problem where push notifications were being sent out on an escalation prior to the ticket being saved.
- Fixed various localization issues.
- Updated Oracle 11g Release 2 JDBC driver (188.8.131.52.0) -- fixes problem in prev driver (11g rel 1, 184.108.40.206.0) which caused connections to be severed after time.
- Changed RSS feeds to use atom_1.0 and rss_2.0 by default, and allowed for additional options as supported by Rome project: rss_0.9, rss_0.91, rss_0.92, rss_0.93, rss_0.94, rss_1.0, rss_2.0, atom_0.3, or atom_1.0.
- Fixed contract expiration date in asset list to only display if the service contract option is enabled for the asset.
- Fixed issue where phantom LDAP connections were created after a sync.
- Adjusted "Latest Notes" sort order to match the global option for chronological or reverse chronological ordering.
- Fixed problem where Asset and Client "Query" dropdowns (those outside of the query builder) were not being updated with newly-saved queries.
- Fixed JS apostrophe escaping to the mobile app's bulk-action JS confirm.
- Fixed problem where the cloned tech notes from merged tickets were sometimes having the wrong tech assigned to them (it was assigning the tech on the ticket, rather than the tech on the cloned note).
- Fixed hyperlink to edit report to reflect Tech permission.
- Updated Exchange Web Service library to fix a nullPointer triggered by certain messages and reduce the extraneous log messages generated.
- Adjusted the customized Tech email signature feature. Removed the check box, and now it is populated by default with tags.
- Fixed various JS problems that were triggering IE script debugger.
- Fixed a conflict between Exchange Web Service and Apple Push Notifications.
- Fixed file uploader in PO editor.
- Reduced max items per list view page to 100.
- Fixed Tomcat configuration to not accept weak ciphers.
New in version 10.0.19 Beta (January 31st, 2011)
- Adds new enhanced user-interface features for modern standards-compliant browsers: full-row highlighting in ticket lists; ajax hover popups to view full request and note details, client contact info, and attachments; new quick-note editor for adding ticket notes and sending e-mail directly from list view (click the "+" icon that appears when hovering over the Latest Ticket Notes column). Enhanced UI mode performs poorly in IE 7/8. It can be disabled in the account preferences for each Tech.
- Adds option to select colors for Priority and Status types.
- Adds option to disable tech session timeouts for open windows. (Setup > General > Authentication > Disable Tech Session Timeouts for Open Windows)
- Adds ability to merge tickets together.
- Adds ability to make notes from problem tickets appear in related incident tickets.
- Adds ability to specify time of day for asset reservations.
- Adds option to share parent ticket notes with child tickets, and vice-versa.
- Fixes client interface to not show tickets for departments that have been disabled, nor to show the administrative options to Client Admins of disabled departments.
- Fixes problem where ticket importer would not allow more than 80 characters for the total request type list, rather than 80 characters for each request type.
- Fixes a problem where new attachments added by e-mail were not included in the next e-mail when the "Embed New Attachments" preference is selected.
- Fixes Request criteria in ticket advanced search to match against both the request detail and the subject of the tickets.
- Restricts max Items per Page to 250 items to prevent server/database overload.
- Progress bars now use Ajax instead of browser refreshes.
- Various other performance and stability improvements.
New in version 10.0.18.7 Beta (December 4th, 2010)
- Updates JavaMail library to version 1.4.3.
- Adds "Advanced E-Mail Properties" setting to e-mail accounts to enable configuration of JavaMail session parameters. For more information, see the help popup for this setting.
- Fixes calendar to use browser locale rather than business zone locale when displaying labels.
New in version 10.0.18.6 Beta (December 3rd, 2010)
- Fixes issue preventing Unicode from rendering correctly in PDFs generated from Windows installations.
- Fixes rendering issue of Save buttons when using Chrome 8.
- Fixes client reminders to not be sent if a ticket is set as private.
- Adds support for embedded FrontBase backups when using FrontBase 5 on Mac OS X as configured through the instructions in FAQ 106.
- Resolves errors caused by the incorrect implementation of the IMAP protocol by Exchange 2007 and various other mail servers that were thrown when retrieving signed messages or messages containing attachments.
- Fixes problem where certain complex ticket queries could result in SQL queries that exceed the SQL Server maximum parameter count.
- Fixes an issue causing double client reminder e-mails to be sent when a ticket is changed from a status in which reminders are disabled to a status in which they are enabled.
New in version 10.0.18.5 Beta (November 30th, 2010)
- Fixes problem introduced in version 10.0.18.3 that prevented scheduled tasks from executing.
- Updates FrontBase JDBC driver to version 2.5.8.
- Improves Edit Query selectors in advanced-search pages to refresh the search criteria without reloading the page.
New in version 10.0.18.3 Beta (November 17th, 2010)
- Fixes issue that prevented authentication from Web Help Desk Mobile with tech accounts that are synchronized with LDAP.
New in version 10.0.18.2 Beta (November 12th, 2010)
- Fixes a problem in version 10.0.18.1 that could cause database update failures when updating from a version prior to 220.127.116.11.
- Fixes problem where asset reservations that were checked out could no longer be deleted, even after they were checked back in.
New in version 10.0.18.1 Beta (November 11th, 2010)
- Adds ability to specify a custom footer for e-mail.
- Fixed to remove floating list header when running on mobile Safari.
- Fixes an issue with LDAP client synchronization that caused all clients to be associated with the same company. Also fixes new companies created through an LDAP sync to be connected to the clients' locations.
New in version 10.0.18 Beta (November 9th, 2010)
- Fixes issue that could cause WHD Mobile iPhone application to fail to authenticate with certain passwords. (An update to WHD Mobile will be available in the iTunes store shortly.)
- Adds Company attribute to LDAP Connections.
- Adds Company Manager column to Company importer.
- Adds Company column to Client importer.
- Fixes NullPointerException that could occur when a completed-survey e-mail was sent to a client after taking a survey via the web UI.
- Column headers in ticket list view now remain in view when scrolling down. (Does not yet work with Internet Explorer.)
- Fixes NullPointerException that could occur when saving an Outgoing Mail Account.
- Fixes NullPointerException that could occur in the daemon under certain conditions when clients are not allowed to create e-mail tickets.
- Fixes problem where support key expiration for demo licenses was sometimes set incorrectly.
- Adds Client custom fields to the Client Info section of Tech e-mail.
- Adds option to show ticket histories in Ticket list PDFs. ("PDF Show History" option in Column Set editor.)
- Adds ability to specify work days in Business Zone editor.
- Fixes issue where Excel/TSV exports were formatting BBCode tags, resulting in formatting loss when importing the export files.
New in version 10.0.17.1 Beta (October 29th, 2010)
- Fixes formatting issues in Excel/TSV exports for certain types of custom fields.
- Fixes problem where user would sometimes be required to log in twice after a password reset.
- Group tickets list now includes all tickets assigned to the user, regardless of the group assigned to the ticket. Also includes all tickets assigned to the user's tech group levels regardless of location/department assignments.
- Fixes an issue in which ticket locks weren't released under certain conditions.
- Adds an option to set the ticket status when sending a single note e-mail.
- Adds improved detection and handling of insufficient encryption privileges. (As of version 10.0.17, unlimited-strength cryptography is required in order to support Apple Push Notifications and the new license key format.)
- Fixes the "Count Time" selection to not be ignored when creating new Status Types. (Previously, a re-save with the desired selection was required after saving a new status type.)
- Fixes a problem causing the Location default Priority to not be applied until after a Location Request Type is selected.
- Adds logging info to help troubleshoot issues in which an e-mail's message body cannot be retrieved.
- Fixes a NullPointerException that could occur when removing a Client Admin from a Location or Department.
- Fixes invoices to use localized labels for "Labor" and "Travel."
- Includes internal structural changes required by updates to various 3rd-party libraries.
- Fixes problem in monthly scheduled reports that could cause the report to be sent repeatedly if day of week scheduling is selected (rather than a specific day of the month).
New in version 10.0.17 Beta (October 18th, 2010)
- Added support for new optional "Company" entity that can contain one or more Locations. Techs can be assigned to Locations via Company. Company is available to Client, Asset (via asset Location) and Reporting.
- Added support for ignoring Location/Department at the Tech Group Level -- this allows techs in the level to be auto-assigned to tickets, view the level tickets in Group Tickets view and receive e-mail notification regardless of Location/Department group membership.
- Added display of Location Service Time to profile view for admin contacts of locations with service time blocks.
- Added support for Ticket Type in column set and TSV.
- Added support for "Public" message type that is only viewable from the login page. These messages are separate from the existing "Client" messages which are now only viewable after login.
- Added new "Messages" view in Client interface.
- Added error messages for system clock errors and invalid database connection settings.
- Added history entries for client change and creator change (if client).
- Added support for request type as item in e-mail subject (var8).
- Added service contract expiration option to Advanced Asset Search Date field.
- Changed license key format -- a valid support key is now required to access http://support.webhelpdesk.com. This will be enabled on 10/22/10.
- Changed the client CC email to make the ticket number a link to the ticket if the client is allowed to edit the ticket (is a client admin for the ticket with edit permissions).
- Changed the STATUS_TYPE_CUSTOM_FIELD_DEF column name to STATUS_TYPE_CUST_FIELD_DEF because the name was too long for Oracle. If you had defined any specific Additional Activated Custom Fields at Setup > Status Types > [edit status type], you must re-link your custom field selections to the status type(s).
- Fixed problem with password reset where it required two attempts for the new password to work.
- Fixed ticket lock caching issue so techs no longer have to log out/in for ticket lock indicators to be refreshed.
- Fixed potential NPE that could come up in tickets if/when an outgoing email account is deleted.
- Fixed issue where the attachment paperclip icon was missing from the notes in emails.
- Fixed problem where the Room wasn't being correctly applied from a quick ticket.
- Fixed NPE that could occur when attempting to save a Quick Ticket that doesn't not have a Request Type specified.
- Fixed editing ability from System generated messages from Tech message editor.
- Fixed display of billing rate popup if parts and billing is disabled.
- Fixed problem where the ticket approval method (email/web) was doing the opposite of the UI settings in the client interface.
- Fixed problem where the custom field date selector wouldn't work for new tickets in the tech interface.
- Fixed data model bug affecting PostgreSQL.
- Fixed logout problem that occurred when an img tag was included in a ticket description or note.
- Fixed NPE that could come up when sorting Date custom fields. Also fixed other problems when sorting the other, non-text custom fields.
New in version 10.0.16.1 Beta (September 20th, 2010)
- Fixed: Minor changes to daemon to improve memory use.
New in version 10.0.16 (September 17th, 2010)
- Added: More info to status messages in asset sync progress.
- Added: New Exchange Connector jar which should fix a bug when retrieving messages with a particular format.
- Added: Ticket due date now takes the "count time" attribute of status types into account. Status types with "count time" deselected will extend the default due date by the amount of time (business hours only) that a ticket spends in that status.
- Added: Ability to show specific custom fields based on a ticket's current status type ("Additional Activated Custom Fields" in Status Type detail editor).
- Added: Option to block email to clients to the client bulk action editor and fixed some incomplete localization in the bulk action editor.
- Added: MAXIMUM_PERM_MEMORY option to the whd.conf.orig file. Existing installations will need to copy this setting to the whd.conf file if you don't want to use the default 128 value.
- Modified: Daemons now run as background processes of the main Helpdesk application in separate threads to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Fixed: Problem in PDF generator that would occur when a custom field had a double-space.
- Fixed: Ajax user-lookup component to enforce the maxlength setting of the underlying text field (to work around the problem where it would only show the last email when a user surpassed the 255-character limit).
- Fixed: Dialog messages to appear in importers, database settings, and date & time settings.
- Fixed: NumberFormatException that would come up in the ticket detail "problems" search tab when a number+space is entered into the search field.
- Fixed: Problem where the "Visible to Client" checkbox on the tech note editor would cause custom fields to be blanked out when running under Tomcat.
- Fixed: Case where the ticket lock was not being removed when refreshing a page by clicking on the My/Group/Search/Recent Tickets tabs when the ticket was opened from that same tab.
- Fixed: Problem where the billing rate of the initial tech note could sometimes change from the value it was initially set to.
- Fixed: Problem where the user would sometimes get an "Invalid username/password" message when FIRST hitting the login page (if auto-login was enabled).
- Modified: Client Admin history view shows full client name instead of just the last name.
- Fixed: Problem where not all incoming-mail accounts were filtered by the daemon (only the default account and, if "allow ticket replies" is disabled, the outgoing account address).
- Fixed: Client Detail > Ticket History to hide tickets from techs without department permissions.
New in version 10.0.15 Beta (September 2nd, 2010)
- Fixed: Problem where the ticket Subject and Detail were not being hidden according to the Request Type settings for new tickets and the quick-ticket editor.
- Fixed: Problem where not all clients linked to an asset would show up after running an advanced asset query for a single assigned client.
- Fixed: EOObjectNotAvailableException that would periodically come up when removing ticket locks or clearing sessions.
- Fixed: Formatting of number/date/currency custom fields in exported TSV files.
- Fixed: Problem with collapsed note list in the client interface - it was always showing the top few notes, whether they were the oldest or newest.
- Fixed: Problem that can cause custom field values to disappear when editing a ticket note.
- Fixed: Casper sync problem when Casper had a large number of saved reports.
- Added: Setup > Clients > Client Options > Resolution Confirmation Method (E-Mail or Web Interface).
New in version 10.0.14.2 Beta (August 24th, 2010)
- Fixed: Bug preventing Windows installations from starting up when configured for HTTPS.
- Added: Casper Discovery Connections now work with Casper 7.3.
- Added: Tomcat version has been updated to 6.0.29.
- Added: To facilitate PKCS12 keystores, whd.conf now supports the KEYSTORE_TYPE directive, which can be JKS (default) or PKCS12, and an optional KEYSTORE_FILE.
New in version 10.0.14 Beta (August 18th, 2010)
- Fixed: Issue with WebObjects Monitor that could prevent instances from stopping.
- Fixed: Bug that could cause ticket update e-mails to use the default ticket subject instead of status-specific subjects.
- Fixed: Bug that could cause OutOfMemory errors when performing asset reservation searches with no search parameters.
- Fixed: Bug preventing custom field values from appearing in asset list in ticket details.
- Fixed: Custom field string values that contain unicode characters are now cropped as needed in order to avoid errors when saving to the database.
- Fixed: SQL exception thrown when syncing Absolute Manage (LANrev) asset discovery connections that include an attribute mapping to the OS Version field. OS Version now reformats Mac OS X version numbers into decimal format from the binary representation stored in the database.
New in version 10.0.13 Beta (August 9th, 2010)
- Added: Ability to specify a mailbox folder to check (if other than "inbox") in the Incoming Mail Accounts settings.
- Fixed: Client business zone now defaults to the zone specified by the client's Location, if defined--otherwise, defaults to the system default business zone.
- Fixed: Improved efficiency when checking new e-mail count on Exchange servers.
- Fixed: Asset editor now resets the warranty/contract/lease expiration alerts ONLY if these dates are changed to a time in the future (rather than on any asset modification).
- Fixed: Asset parent/child editor now sorts the model list.
- Fixed: Log files generated by standard deployment can now grow up to 15MB before rolling over, and the application retains the last 5 rollovers.
- Fixed: Simple e-mail format no longer includes the logo if the No Images format is selected.
- Fixed: NullPointerException that could be raised for certain client admins during log in.
- Fixed: Application no longer logs error messages when cookies contain syntax violations. (Otherwise, it would flood log files with error messages if the same domain served other applications that created invalid cookies.)
New in version 10.0.12 RC (July 28th, 2010)
- Added: A session heartbeat is now sent to the server in 30-second intervals so that the server can detect when a browser window has closed. Locks held by orphaned sessions are now closed automatically. Sessions are considered orphaned if no heartbeat has been received in the past two minutes.
- Added: Option in Setup > Tickets > Options to set whether to allow, warn, or block editing of tickets that are already being edited in other sessions. If allowed, no warning message will be presented when clicking on tickets that are currently being edited in other sessions.
- Fixed: Tickets currently being edited in other sessions now are marked with a pencil icon rather than a "forbidden" icon, to reflect the fact that editing these tickets isn't necessarily forbidden.
- Added: Task and Approval Process can now be used in advanced ticket search.
- Fixed: Messages that trigger a null pointer exception in the JEC library used to parse Exchange e-mail are now skipped over, in order to prevent the help desk from stopping to get new tickets when such messages are encountered.
- Fixed: Bug that could cause the session to be terminated when downloading attachments.
- Added: Startup JVM argument "-DWHDSessionCookies=true" to specify that session IDs should be stored in cookies and hidden from the URL. In future versions, this setting will be enabled by default.
New in version 10.0.11 RC (July 27th, 2010)
- Fixed: Null pointer exception that could occur when authenticating e-mail.
- Fixed: Flickering effect that could appear when rendering ticket details page when it includes a warning about the ticket being edited by another session.
- Fixed: Bug preventing encrypted custom fields from being decrypted in the web interface.
New in version 10.0.10 RC (July 25th, 2010)
- Fixed: Ticket custom field request type popup window scrollbars when list is long.
- Fixed: E-Mail Daemon parses for the word "Ticket" based on all supported languages for e-mail updates.
- Fixed: Mail templates now use localized subjects.
- Fixed: Direct login action.
- Fixed: Asset discovery sync works with date type custom fields
- Fixed: Exception on Ticket Advanced Search when there was a popup/radio/checkbox type custom field with no options provided.
- Fixed: Trims any whitespace added to beginning/end of e-mail address on new account creation.
- Fixed: String encoding issue in the multi-select box on the advanced search filter.
- Fixed: E-Mail daemon will check for default resolved-ticket template text before adding a note to the ticket.
- Fixed: Issue where the mail template was putting "null" in the recipients section for the name of non-user CC recipients.
- Fixed: Problem where attachments were being excluded from e-mails where the "Ticket Info" section was hidden.
- Fixed: Problem where the reservation calendar hover popup (for displaying which assets are part of the reservation) wasn't working when running under Tomcat.
- Fixed: Problem where it was not possible to reserve more than one asset at a time from the client interface when running under Tomcat.
- Fixed: Push alerts to the iPhone application now correctly open the alerted ticket instead of just going to the list view when selected.
- Fixed: Improved dialog message handling throughout the application.
- Added: Option to force clients to validate their email addresses via a link in an email sent to them before being permitted to submit tickets.
- Added: Pref to client accounts to block email from the helpdesk.
- Added: Task Run element to tasks. The Task Run links all the tickets together for a given run, and allows you to easily switch between ticket details for a given task run.
- Added: Task History view to task detail editor.
- Added: Child incidents now have all parent tech notes included in the tech's note list display, and clients will see all visible parent tech notes in their ticket detail/e-mail note list. When a parent ticket has a visible note added, all child tickets have their updated date refreshed as well as a tech note "blue dot" added in the Client History list view.
- Added: Display of ticket custom fields to approval ticket list. Changed behavior to a single "Show/Hide Details" button that shows/hides scheduled date, notes and custom fields.
- Added: Labels for input elements and alt tags for images throughout the app.
- Added: Text column of custom fields now indexable (added a second "short string" column). This should speed up custom field searching quite a bit.
- Added: Dialog to warn if a ticket is currently being edited by another Tech. Because two techs editing the same ticket simultaneously can lead to inconsistent data being saved, this dialog provides ample warning about multi-user editing while still allowing a Tech to view the ticket if necessary.
- Added: HTTP interface now supports phone and phone2 attributes when creating a new client record.
- Added: "Request Detail" box in the client interface resizable in IE & Firefox.
New in version 10.0.9 RC (June 28th, 2010)
- Fixed: Broken Refresh Tax Rates button in ticket Parts & Billing tab.
- Added: Client condition in ticket and asset query builders now supports client custom fields.
- Fixed: Issue that could cause excessive opening of database connections supporting WHD Notifier browser extensions or WHD Mobile app.
- Added: Ability to search additional properties of an asset in the advanced search page, including custom fields.
- Fixed: Refresh bug in mobile interface that could cause note editor to close prematurely.
- Fixed: Bug causing certain characters to be be HTML-escaped in plain text e-mail messages.
- Fixed: Bug in Billing Report that could cause totals to be slightly off due to rounding errors when calculating taxes.
- Added: Request Type editor can now be accessed when creating new custom fields (as opposed to only when editing existing custom fields).
- Fixed: Removed space after dollar sign in U.S. currency formatting.
New in version 10.0.8 RC (June 18th, 2010)
- Fixed: Display issue in asset search results.
- Added: Ability to link specific priority types to locations.
- Added: Preference to Asset Options to limit the assets visible to clients to those that are reservable or specifically assigned to the client.
- Fixed: Bug preventing embedded attachments from being included in plain-text e-mail.
- Added: Support needed for badge counts in new WHD Notifier extension for Safari 5 and Google Chrome.
- Fixed: Applying a bulk action to all items on all pages now works correctly in client search results.
- Added: Preference for whether to show asset notes in the client interface (both global default and individual override).
- Fixed: NullPointerException thrown in calendar for new reservations.
- Fixed: Daemon now ignores the message body of any ticket-approval e-mail if the message matches the template at Setup > E-Mail > Templates > Incoming Mail. (Currently applies only to ticket-approval/denial e-mails.)
- Fixed: Removed cache manifest from mobile interface as it caused the mobile app to become unresponsive.
- Fixed: Problem that could cause incorrect search results when using the "Updated by" condition in an advanced search.
New in version 10.0.7 RC (June 10th, 2010)
- Fixed: Asset reservation calendar bug that would cause the incorrect day to be selected when the workstation time zone was different from the WHD server timezone.
- Fixed: Performance generating TSV files that contain many custom fields.
- Fixed: Synchronization problems between selections in the request type editor for enabled custom fields and the custom field editor for enabled request types.
- Fixed: Asset Discovery bug that prevented new assets from being created if missing an asset number, serial number, and MAC address
- Added: Preference for client Ticket Approval Method (E-Mail or Web). There is a global option at Setup > Clients > Client Options, as well as a per client override.
- Added: "Play" button was returned next to the Query popup on search results list to allow you to re-run the selected query.
New in version 10.0.6 RC (June 7th, 2010)
- Fixed: Problem where creating two new tasks in a row would cause the schedule of the first task to revert back to a weekly schedule (the default).
- Added: Ability to enter reservation in/out times manually rather than using the calendar.
- Fixed: Issue that caused black backgrounds in some older e-mail clients when using the simple e-mail template.
- Added: Filter and other improvements to Model editor.
- Fixed: Caching issues when assigning permissions to techs.
- Added: Setup > E-Mail > Options > E-Mail Attachment Regular-Expression Filter for filtering out signature images, etc.
- Fixed: Application now encrypts the client password immediately when new accounts are created via the Client user interface.
- Fixed: Increased performance of search pages when attachment count is included in column set.
- Added: Multi-selection ("is any of") option to most query building panels.
- Added: Ability to search asset history.
- Added: Pref for defining the client and tech display name (Setup > Clients > Client Options > Display Name Template).
- Added: Ability to search for tickets based on due date.
- Fixed: Issue causing Database Table/View Discovery Connections to fail when using Sybase databases.
- Added: Database updates now repair missing foreign-key constraints.
- Added: tags in e-mail templates are now replaced with an error message if links to the web interface are disabled (Setup > E-Mail > Options > Do Not Include Links to the Web Interface).
- Fixed: Assigned assets list now shows only assets that are specifically assigned to the user (not room assets).
- Fixed: Tech Department Group Editor has been added back in. (Was accidentally removed in a previous build.)
- Added: Option to filter assets in client asset search page to only those that are reservable.
- Fixed: Problem where Group Manager and Lead Tech e-mail settings were not being cleared correctly.
- Added: Option to display icons for obtaining a referenceable (predictable and durable) URL for tickets and FAQs. FAQ links now specify the FAQ id explicitly rather than an encrypted 'action' parameter.
New in version 10.0.5 RC (June 4th, 2010)
- Fixed: Bug in Discovery Connection mapping that could cause assets to quit being discovered if invalid database connection parameters were saved.
- Fixed: Unicode characters in e-mail attachment filenames are now decoded correctly.
- Added: Ability to specify applicable request types from the Ticket Custom Field editor.
- Added: Ability to search for attachments within tickets. (Either the existence of attachments, or for an attachment with a specific name.)
- Added: Ability to edit a client from the CAB window.
- Fixed: Problem where client ticket updates sometimes did not trigger an e-mail to the tech according to the tech's personal preferences.
- Added: Support for Sybase databases in asset Discovery Connections of type "Database Table/View." (This is experimental and still being tested.)
- Added: In list view of mobile interface, notes by techs other than the current user now include the author's name. Note author name in detail view now renders in bold.
- Fixed: Problem causing the custom field date selector to not work in the client Help Request page.
- Added: Ability to specify a greeting to appear at hte top of an approval request e-mail.
- Added: Techs that are in the Client Cc: list now receive a normal ticket-update message when mailing a single note from the note editor.
- Added: Part custom fields. (Currently, they only appear in the Part detail panel.)
- Fixed: When sending ticket e-mail, WHD now searches up through parent request types looking for an associated incoming/outgoing e-mail account.
- Added: Indexing on date column of custom fields (to increase performance of date searches).
- Added: Support for additional custom field types for all custom fields.
New in version 18.104.22.168 (May 18th, 2010)
- Fixed: Bug in Discovery Connections when using SQL Server for WHD database that can cause a growing number of "[Unspecified Manufacturer]" and "[Unspecified Model]" entries in the database.
- Fixed: Escalation e-mail to level techs now respects Location/Department group filtering.
- Fixed: Various cosmetic fixes for IE7 compatibility.
New in version 10.0.4 RC (May 18th, 2010)
- Fixed: Bug in Discovery Connections when using SQL Server for WHD database that can cause a growing number of "[Unspecified Manufacturer]" and "[Unspecified Model]" entries in the database.
- Added: JVM argument 'WHDLdapPasswordCacheDays=' to specify the number of days to cache LDAP passwords. (For non-Windows platforms, add this to the JAVA_OPTIONS setting in whd.conf. For Windows platforms, add it to /bin/wrapper/conf/wrapper_template.conf. For Monitor deployments, add it to the Additional Java Arguments setting in the application configuration page.)
- Added: Ability client bulk-action option to assign a client to all or specific CAB locations.
- Fixed: Various null-pointer exceptions and cosmetic improvements.
- Fixed: Escalation e-mail to level techs now respects location/department filtering.
New in version 10.0.3 RC (May 3rd, 2010)
- Added: Option to embed new attachments in e-mail messages. (Setup > E-Mail > Options > Embed New Attachments.) If checked and web links are disabled, non-embedded attachments will be omitted from e-mail messages. Additionally, the ticket details panel provides the option to embed all attachments on the ticket.
- Added: Ability for techs to override the date in client notes according to the "Note Date Edit" tech permission.
New in version 10.0.2 RC (April 28th, 2010)
- Added: Query builder now supported in Client Advanced Search.
- Fixed: Delete button for saved queries is no longer visible for non-admins.
- Fixed: All admins can now edit shared queries.
- Fixed: Reports now use the browser's locale for localization (rather than the user's business zone locale).
- Added: Cc: field of the client interface now provides AJAX lookup functionality (enabled at Setup > Tickets > Options > Allow User Lookup).
- Fixed: Exception thrown during asset search.
- Fixed: Non-reservable assets can no longer be reserved.
- Fixed: Database Table/View Discovery Connection now works with PostgreSQL.
- Added: Client preference for whether to allow e-mail updates to any ticket.
- Fixed: Reservation Asset View page loads much faster now when there are lots of assets.
- Fixed: Japanese Yen currency fields no longer include fractional digits.
- Fixed: Single-note e-mails no longer skip techs specified in the client cc: list.
- Fixed: Queries including multiple custom fields now filter correctly when one of the custom fields uses the Number data type.
New in version 22.214.171.124 (April 20th, 2010)
- Fixed: LDAP Connections are now case sensitive when syncing technicians.
- Fixed: Typo in thank-you message sent after an approval vote.
- Fixed: Calendar button now works when editing a new (unsaved) task.
- Fixed: Removed "" from list of available tags for e-mail templates to which it is not applicable.
New in version 10.0.1 RC (April 20th, 2010)
- Fixed: Bug causing an exception in the tech accounts setup page.
- Fixed: Asset search within ticket details and asset reservation details now works correctly.
- Fixed: Reservation calendar button within reservation details page now works correctly.
- Fixed: Calendar button now works correctly for new (unsaved) tasks.
- Added: Exchange e-mail connection now attempts NTLM authentication (in case NTLMv1 is available).
- Fixed: NullPointerException that could be thrown when mailing a single tech note.
- Added: New properties for customizing tech name fields (lbl.techFirstName and lbl.techLastName) so that tech-name labels can be distinguished from client-name labels.
New in version 10.0.0 RC (April 15th, 2010)
- Added: Asset reservation/checkout system.
- Added: Option to enable asset searching from client interface.
- Added: New query builder for tickets and assets. Provides greater flexibility and complexity. (NOTE: Existing saved queries will be lost with this update and will have to be recreated using the new query builder panels.)
- Added: Department filtering in ticket client lookup.
- Added: Support for various custom-field data types: text, number, currency, date, date/time, time period, multiple choice, single choice, and popup menu.
- Added: Ability to add attachments to individual tech notes, with an option to render them inline.
- Added: Mobile app now remembers last menu selection.
- Added: Mobile app menu shows total number of new/updated tickets for My and Group tickets.
- Added: Mobile app shows most recent note (tech or client) in ticket list view.
- Added: Mobile app provides option to show only tickets that have been updated by a client, waiting for a reply.
- Added: "Net Name" column to asset search results. Displays network name first, or IP address of no network name is given.
- Added: "Assign To" field in new-ticket editor is now sticky (remembers assignment from previously created ticket).
- Added: AJAX lookup widget to cc: address fields in ticket editor, to make it easier to locate and validate e-mail addresses.
- Added: Improvements in processing of Exchange e-mail tickets.
- Added: Improvements in approval handling.
- Added: Option to use a new simplified client e-mail style.
- Added: Option in ticket note editor to send an e-mail to the client containing only the text and attachments of the ticket note.
- Added: Report Groups can now be limited to department groups as well as location groups and techs.
- Added: Various other bug fixes and interface improvements.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (March 29th, 2010)
- Fixed: Chinese Unicode characters now display correctly in report PDFs.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (March 15th, 2010)
- Fixed: Issue causing scheduled reports to fail.
- Fixed: Chinese characters now render in report charts. There is still an issue with Chinese rendering incorrectly in the tables of PDF reports. We are working on this issue and hope to have a resolution soon.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (March 12th, 2010)
- Fixed: Bug that could cause ticket open time to be calculated incorrectly when a tech's timezone is set to something other than the system default.
- Fixed: Reports now use custom labels.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (February 18th, 2010)
- Fixed: Updated Exchange Web Services integration library to solve problems that seem to have been introduced by a recent Exchange service patch.
- Fixed: Removed mime types from attachments in order to work around problems with Internet Explorer.
- Fixed: Outgoing e-mail account is no longer hidden when replies are enabled for ticket e-mail so that it can be used as the From: address for non-ticket e-mail.
- Fixed: Setup > Assets > Options > Enable Expiration Alerts now disables expiration alert e-mails when unchecked. (Previously, it would simply hide the sub-options underneath it, but they would still take effect if selected.)
New in version 18.104.22.168 (February 15th, 2010)
- Fixed: Issue with department filtering for Techs limited by Department.
- Fixed: Issue where Room would still appear in e-mail when Rooms were disabled.
- Fixed: Issue causing attachment download failure with some Exchange/Cisco e-mail servers.
- Fixed: Issue causing LANrev Discovery Connection failure when attempting to retrieve certain display model and vendor names.
- Fixed: LANrev Discovery Connection "Computer Model" attribute now uses Apple product names rather than Apple product identifiers.
- Fixed: LANrev Discovery Connection no longer skips over machines that are not associated with any displays or volumes.
- Fixed: Issue that could cause an exception when Database Table/View Discovery Connection custom-field mappings were changed.
- Added: SQL query tool to facilitate troubleshooting of database issues. Requires -DWHDEnableSQLTool=true to be included in JVM startup options. When enabled, a SQL query tool can be accessed at http://localhost:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/DBActions/sqlTool. (Requires administrator login.)
New in version 22.214.171.124 (January 13th, 2010)
- Added: Tech permission to approve FAQs.
- Added: Machine name can now be used as an asset number when syncing with SCCM/SMS Discovery Connections.
- Added: Unicode support for PDFs is now enabled by default.
- Added: SCCM/SMS Discovery Connection no longer fails if the v_R_System view does not have a decommissioned0 column.
- Fixed: Shift-click on header row of checkbox column now works with Firefox.
- Fixed: Tickets scheduled for last/first of month no longer appear on next/previous month's calendar.
- Fixed: PDFs now render Czech (and certain other) Unicode characters.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue that could potentially result in overwriting of existing assets by Discovery Connections.
- Fixed: Alignment issue in account preferences page.
- Fixed: Billing report now respects Technician filter when Technician is not used as the report category.
- Fixed: Client e-mail no longer includes the ticket Priority information.
- Fixed: Issue that could cause e-mail addresses not to render properly in plaintext e-mail
- Fixed: URLs in ticket notes now render as hyperlinks in mail messages.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (November 25th, 2009)
- Fixed: Unapproved and expired FAQs no longer appear in client UI.
- Added: Hosted accounts can now set LDAP connection timeout (up to 120 seconds).
New in version 9.2.3 (November 21st, 2009)
- Added: Now includes x-forwarded-for header when determining IP address of requesting machine.
- Fixed: Asset synchronization now works with version attribute.
- Fixed: Removed PDF download limit for non-hosted installations.
- Fixed: Issue where duplicate clients could appear in an asset if the asset search included multiple custom fields.
- Fixed: Various rendering issues with help popups under IE7 and IE8.
- Fixed: E-mail message body is no longer ignored when client confirms ticket resolution via e-mail.
- Added: Oracle columns of type CLOB that are mapped to strings now get wrapped in queries with TO_CHAR(), which improves performance when searching.
- Added: When using FrontBase, the application automatically repairs broken UNIQUE settings upon application startup.
- Fixed: Issues causing currency fields to reject input under certain conditions.
- Fixed: Viewing of FAQs through an external URL now respects Location and Department assignments when authentication is enabled for external URLs.
- Fixed: Excel downloads of FAQs now include Question/Answer fields, and Excel downloads of Assets now include Clients field.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (October 17th, 2009)
- Fixed: Issue causing bar and pie charts not to appear in PDFs.
- Fixed: Bug preventing scheduled reports from being sent if they were assigned to clients but no techs.
New in version 9.2.2 (October 6th, 2009)
- Fixed: Bug where Recipients section of e-mail was sometimes not showing according to setup options.
- Fixed: Bug causing custom fields values not to appear in Excel downloads.
- Added: Billing TSV reports now include travel time and cost.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (October 2nd, 2009)
- Fixed: Issue with PDF reports that could cause results table not to render. (Fixed by updating Apache FOP library to version 0.95.)
- Fixed: Asset importer now gives an error message if an attempt is made to link to a related asset record that threw an error while importing. (Previously, this would result in an error later on in the import stating that an error occurred while saving due to a null editing context.)
- Fixed: Expired and Not Approved FAQs no longer appear in FAQ selection window when editing a tech note.
- Fixed: FAQ search from tech interface now filters out Not Approved and Expired FAQs only when directed to do so by the search criteria. (However, filtering of these FAQs is enabled by default.)
- Added: Database index on relationship from Asset to AssetHistory. (Results in significant performance increase when importing large numbers of assets.)
New in version 220.127.116.11 (September 23rd, 2009)
- Fixed: Discovery Connection synchronization is now more flexible when importing dates (works whether or not hour:minute is provided, includes system default date format).
- Fixed: Bug resulting in ampersands (&) being escaped as HTML entities in Billing Report TSV files.
- Fixed: Problem where reports set to start one month ago would actually start one day less than one month ago.
- Fixed: Problem where service time blocks could be calculated incorrectly under certain rare conditions, when using a SQL Server database.
- Added: Ability to import data files as an Excel spreadsheet.
- Added: FAQ selector in ticket details now filters FAQs to those associated with the ticket's request type.
New in version 18.104.22.168 (September 17th, 2009)
- Fixed: Bug causing username and password fields in LDAP Connection details to be hidden sometimes when Active Directory is selected.
- Fixed: Rendering issues with information popup icons.
- Fixed: Bug causing Billing Report TSV downloads to be in UTF-8 rather than UTF-16 (improving compatibility with Microsoft Excel).
- Fixed: Bug preventing ticket approval/denial greeting from substituting tags.
- Fixed: Report time ranges no longer skip to business hours when a time unit of Week, Month, or Year is selected.
- Fixed: Bug in calculation of trigger dates for tasks and report schedules when a monthly interval is selected.
- Fixed: Client search no longer includes inactive clients unless specified in Advanced Search.
- Fixed: Problem with ticket client search where results would disappear in certain browsers.
- Fixed: Asset history now uses a TEXT column type in order to handle longer entries (such as those generated for long custom field values).
- Fixed: Time block editor now allows resetting the expiration date after a time block has already been marked as expired.
- Added: new "Show Room Assets" option in ticket options. If selected, room assets for the room selected for a ticket will appear in the My Assets list regardless of whether the client is actually assigned to the room.
New in version 22.214.171.124 (September 7th, 2009)
- Added: Location attachments.
- Added: Account ID for hosted customers is now stored in a cookie so that the account's custom logo appears when a client's session expires.
- Added: Room category to ticket reports.
- Added: Preferences for individual clients and techs to select e-mail style (text/HTML, image links/images embedded/no images).
- Fixed: "Database Table or View" discovery connection now queries only the columns that are mapped to WHD attributes.
- Fixed: Issue where Ticket Search and Client Search could result in duplicate tickets.
- Fixed: Issue where application could fail to start on systems with certain unrecognized time zones.
- Fixed: Issue where bulk action changes were being saved when the Cancel button was clicked.
- Fixed: Issue where some quick-ticket changes were not being applied to new tickets.
- Fixed: Ticket history entries when client resolves a ticket now indicate that the client resolved the ticket, rather than System.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (September 2nd, 2009)
- Added: Support for Apple Remote Desktop 3.3. Requires System Overview report to be run from an installation of Remote Desktop on the Web Help Desk server.
- Fixed: "Database Table or View" discovery connection now works with SQL Server columns named after keywords.
- Fixed: Asset notes now get updated when mapped to discovery connections.
- Fixed: Bug causing Asset import to create duplicate manufacturers when the manufacturer being imported does not already exist in the WHD database.
- Fixed: Bug preventing scheduled FrontBase backups from being made.
- Added: Improved feedback when executing database backup commands in Setup > General > Database.
- Fixed: View/Take Survey buttons when using wider custom labels.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (August 28th, 2009)
- Fixed: Custom greetings that are targeted to all request types now use the correct greeting instead of resorting to the default greeting.
- Added: Performance improvements when updating from older versions.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (August 27th, 2009)
- Added: LANrev discovery connection now supports LANrev custom fields and Client Information fields.
- Added: Unlimited e-mail templates can now be defined based on status and request type.
- Added: Options to hide subject or detail fields for specific request types.
- Fixed: Bug causing info popups not to display on client help request page.
- Fixed: Problem where blank tickets were being created when client hit the browser refresh button after logging in.
- Fixed: NullPointerException that occurred when deleting a Priority Type.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (August 19th, 2009)
- Added: DES (reversible) encryption of all account passwords (LDAP, e-mail, database, asset discovery).
- Added: Exchange e-mail accounts now parse the Exchange account name from the specified e-mail address.
- Fixed: LDAP synchronization no longer activates inactive client accounts.
New in version 18.104.22.168 (August 17th, 2009)
- Fixed: Help popups now position correctly in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed: Bug in database connection panel causing changes to revert when saved.
- Fixed: Restored missing help popups for approval steps.
- Added: Ability to set a default e-mail account, used for the "from" address for tickets that don't have an e-mail account associated via request type.
- Added: Ability to filter request types by location and department groups.
- Fixed: Bug causing exception when clicking Save & E-Mail button in ticket details panels.
New in version 22.214.171.124 (August 11th, 2009)
- Added: New Setup > Email section, in which multiple SMTP servers and e-mail accounts can be specified.
- Fixed: Bug when viewing all public FAQs that could result in a null pointer exception.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (July 31st, 2009)
- Fixed: Pro/Lite toggle buttons in demo mode are visible again.
- Fixed: Linking a standalone incident ticket to a problem no loner generates an error that the ticket is already linked.
- Fixed: Typo in Setup for "Custom Department Fields".
New in version 188.8.131.52 (July 28th, 2009)
- Fixed: Initializing Default Tech Permission on a clean install.
- Added: Missing dynamic labeling for some Setup options.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (July 28th, 2009)
- Fixed: DB initialization error on a clean database.
- Fixed: Error invoking the Bulk Action editor.
New in version 9.2.1 (July 27th, 2009)
- Added: New Tech Interface.
- Added: Reorganized "Setup" area to simply deployment.
- Added: Support for concurrent licensing.
- Added: Updated chart/graph styles.
- Added: New Tech Permissions model -- replaces the old default/individual permissions.
- Added: Authentication option for Attachments and FAQs.
- Added: Separate "Incident" ticket type option (not required to link to Problem).
- Added: Updated Calendar viewer -- much easier to see calendars for other Techs/Tech Groups.
- Added: New Messages viewer -- no more popup messages. Has a nice realtime message count indicator in the application menubar.
- Fixed: Currency formatter fields work better.
- Fixed: Creating a new client in a new ticket won't bounce you back to the ticket list when saving the client.
- Fixed: Various e-mail recipient issues.
New in version 220.127.116.11 Beta (June 10th, 2009)
- Added: iPhone interface for viewing and responding to tickets.
- Added: Report colors are now brighter and more diverse.
- Fixed: Asset discovery connections now strip Windows domains from client usernames.
- Fixed: Outlook/GMail e-mail templates now include color scheme for notes.
- Added: Asset range searches now also search for the literal string (for cases when a dash (-) is used as part of the asset number.
- Fixed: Bug preventing some techs from changing the status of their own tickets via e-mail.
- Fixed: Bug in which Admin Contacts could receive cc: updates on tickets with request types not belonging to their role.
- Added: Any part of client/tech e-mails can now be hidden (client info, ticket info, notes, recipients).
New in version 9.1.24 (April 10th, 2009)
- Fixed: Incorrect "not null" flag on the TICKET_ATTACHMENT table.
- Fixed: Links to private attachments are not included in client e-mail.
- Fixed: Client attachment count in History view takes hidden attachments into account.
- Changed: IP Address column in Asset is widened to 40 characters to handle IPv6 addresses.
New in version 9.1.23 (April 9th, 2009)
- Fixed: FAQs limited by Location or Department are correctly hidden when viewing Public FAQs anonymously.
- Fixed: SSO bug authenticating REMOTE_USER user names.
- Fixed: Ticket Custom Field searching of multiple choice fields no longer limits search results to the first field selected in a given ticket.
- Fixed: PO Importer bug setting the PK of the PURCHASE_ORDER table.
- Changed: Datetime values in e-mail now use the format and time zone of the recipient instead of the WHD Default time zone.
- Added: Tech Group Level option to e-mail the Group Manager when tickets are escalated from the level.
- Added: Public/Private toggle for ticket attachments to make attachments hidden from Clients.
New in version 9.1.22 (March 12th, 2009)
- Fixed: Bug creating a Quick Ticket when there was a problem sending the ticket e-mail.
- Fixed: Linking of Problem and Incident tickets in a Bulk Action.
- Fixed: Enter/return key now works for 1st login attempt in Firefox and IE.
- Fixed: Stability improvements in custom field handling.
- Fixed: Tickets marked "Private" are now correctly hidden again.
- Added: Option to E-Mail Client and Tech when a ticket approval process is approved or denied. Options are specified per approval process.
- Added: Custom e-mail greetings for approval/denial messages.
- Added: Option to send scheduled survey reminder e-mail to the client.
- Added: Option to specify one or more recipient e-mail addresses to be notified when a survey is complete.
- Added: "Escalation" field in TSV ticket download when enabled in the active Column Set.
New in version 9.1.21 (February 18th, 2009)
- Fixed: Bug causing MySQL database initializations to use incorrect data types if database is updated after changing database connection settings. This version will also repair incorrect data types created from this bug in earlier versions.
- Fixed: Bug preventing Asset attachment names from being stored.
- Fixed: Bug causing an exception when a ticket import file provides values for custom fields that are not visible to the imported ticket (because of Custom Field filtering for the ticket's Request Type).
- Fixed: Bug that could cause an exception when a custom definition was deleted by a user running on another instance.
- Added: Receiving E-Mail preferences and Tech Group e-mail panels now require explicit confirmation if configuring an e-mail account that already contains messages.
- Added: Deleting LDAP Connections no longer deletes the associated client accounts. (Shift-clicking the delete button will cause the associated clients to be deleted along with the LDAP Connection.)
- Added: If a new client is discovered during an LDAP sync, the application will include deleted clients when searching for a matching client account.
New in version 9.1.20 (February 12th, 2009)
- Fixed: Inconsistent save behavior when re-assigning technicians.
- Fixed: Random reported servlet errors
- Fixed: Scheduled billing reports will now generate a PDF attachment correctly.
- Added: Resolved confirmation e-mail link now uses an e-mail reply as long as e-mail tickets are enabled, otherwise it uses the previous method requiring login to the web application.
New in version 9.1.19 (January 27th, 2009)
- Fixed: Billing Logo upload now works correctly.
- Fixed: Exception is no longer thrown when importing assets.
- Fixed: Imported tickets now have their Created By attribute set to the tech performing the import.
- Added: Ticket Type category for ticket and billing reports.
- Added: License key is now hidden until the unlock icon is clicked.
New in version 9.1.18 (January 23rd, 2009)
- Added: Delayed response page now appears when a response takes a long time to return. Prevents page timeouts when executing heavy tasks, like generating large reports.
- Added: gzip compression for SSL connections.
- Fixed: gzip compression now works through Apache ProxyPass configurations.
New in version 9.1.17 (January 20th, 2009)
- Fixed: Several database locking issues that could result in application hangs.
- Fixed: Bug causing calendar Prev/Next buttons to fail for certain time zones.
New in version 9.1.16 (January 8th, 2009)
- Fixed: Bug causing last week of calendar to not be rendered for certain months in certain European locales.
- Fixed: Bug preventing Report Schedules from deleting properly.
- Added: Caching headers for .css, .gif, and .js pages. Should result in significant performance improvement when application is accessed from outside the local network. (This only affects default installations; WebObjects Monitor installations already supported cache headers.)
- Added: Translation of calendar month and week names to match user's Business Zone.
- Added: Clients > Client Admin Roles, which can be used to limit the types of requests visible to Client Admins.
New in version 9.1.15 (December 11th, 2008)
- Fixed: Bug preventing Report Schedules from deleting.
- Fixed: History entries now use "Request Type" instead of "Problem Type."
- Added: Microsoft SQL 2005+ connector now verifies that the database is indeed version 2005 or later.
- Added: tag for Custom Tool Links in Preferences > Assets.
- Fixed: Bug causing new Request Types to not appear immediately in the Request Types popup menu (Preferences > Tickets > Request Types).
New in version 9.1.14 (December 10th, 2008)
- Fixed: Bug causing e-mail tickets to be rejected if sent by clients not already in the database.
New in version 9.1.13 (December 8th, 2008)
- Added: Unicode and unlimited-length request descriptions and notes are now supported for SQL Server 2005/2008 databases. If using Java 6, the JDBC driver provided in lib/sqlserver_java6.jar must be copied into your Java extensions folder ($JAVA_HOME/lib/ext, or /Library/Java/Extensions on Mac OS X).
- If you are using a SQL Server 2000 database, you should select Cancel when prompted to update a "Microsoft SQL Server 2005+" database, and then select the "Microsoft SQL Server 2000" database connection type.
- Fixed: Bug preventing ticket detail tabs from working when the tab labels are customized.
- Fixed: Hosted accounts with a Lite license are now restricted to Lite functionality.
- Fixed: Hosted accounts that do not force HTTPS now include their account ID in the URL to return to the login page.
New in version 9.1.12 (December 1st, 2008)
- Fixed: NullPointerException when creating new task elements.
- Fixed: Custom field data of the previously entered ticket is no longer erased when creating a new ticket.
- Fixed: HTLM e-mail now uses base64 rather than 7bit encoding.
- Fixed: When running in demo mode, trial days remaining status bar now renders correctly in Internet Explorer.
- Added: For installations with MySQL databases, tax rates now allow 4 digits beyond decimal point. (Support for other databases to come soon.)
- Added: When demo trial period expires, application now automatically generates a 1-tech Lite license with one year of support.
New in version 9.1.11 (November 18th, 2008)
- Fixed: Improved custom field code for increased performance.
- Fixed: Calendar popup widget in IE 7 no longer appears out of sight.
- Fixed: Ticket PDF generation when ticket has a scheduled date.
- Fixed: Approval reminders for deleted tickets will no longer be sent.
- Fixed: Client search by e-mail in a new ticket's Client Info tab.
- Fixed: Room selection in Help Request now works correctly when client has multiple rooms and tickets are locked to Client location.
- Added: First Name, Last Name and E-Mail columns to ticket search results list column selection.
- Changed: Increased column width for Location and Department Name fields.
- Changed: Alerts targeting the assigned tech will be sent to techs in the ticket's Tech Group Level if no tech is assigned to the ticket.
New in version 9.1.10 (November 4th, 2008)
- Fixed: Issue causing daemon to fail when connecting to SSL e-mail accounts.
- Fixed: Custom Field deletion bug.
- Fixed: Request Type selection in Ticket Search no longer incorrectly filters out types that are linked to Locations/Departments.
- Fixed: Selecting the "Retired" checkbox for an existing Asset Status Type now sticks when saved.
- Added: Extended character limit for tech and client notes from 4000 characters to 8000 characters for SQL Server databases.
- Fixed: Bug causing attachments of Office 2007 documents to download with incorrect mime types.
- Added: Option to prevent WHD from reconfiguring Log4J appenders. Add the JVM argument -DWHDlog4jConfigOverride=false.
- Updated: Oracle JDBC driver to be compatible with Oracle 11g.
New in version 9.1.9 (October 29th, 2008)
- Added: Demo mode now supports toggling between "Lite" and "Pro" editions.
- Fixed: Bug causing Prev/Next buttons in Location Time Blocks panel to be unresponsive.
- Fixed: Missing LANrev tool icon in Tech basic detail panel.
New in version 9.1.8 (October 29th, 2008)
- Fixed: Bugs preventing certain scheduled reports from being included as attachments.
- Fixed: Bug causing currency fields with cent values from saving to MySQL databases.
New in version 9.1.7 (October 2nd, 2008)
- Added: Option of whether to e-mail clients when password is reset.
- Fixed: Billing and component reports should now be included successfully as attachments in scheduled reports.
- Fixed: Save button in Preferences > General > Logs.
- Added: Check for and automatic removal of hidden jar files in WEB-INF/lib folders that seem to appear on Solaris systems.
New in version 9.1.6 (September 27th, 2008)
- Added: If using an Oracle database, the application now checks during upgrades for any missing primary-key sequences, creating them if necessary.
- Added: Ability to select client recipients of scheduled reports.
- Added: Option to not force HTTPS redirection, as opposed to forcing it always or for the login page only. (See Preferences > General > Server Settings > Force HTTPS.)
- Fixed: Casper Asset Discovery now uses the Casper Asset Tag for the asset number (if provided).
- Fixed: Bug causing scheduled reports not to send on schedule.
- Fixed (sort of): Due to problems with localization of the calendar popups, they are now presented in English only. We are working on this and hope to add translations very soon.
New in version 9.1.2 (September 3rd, 2008)
- Fixed: Behavior of the "Select..." large list popup window in various components
- Fixed: Editing Client Defined CC:
- Fixed: Survey E-Mail invitation sending
- Fixed: Date Override in Tech Note -- no longer able to save a null note date by mistake
- Fixed: "Download PDF" button label for assets (used to say "Download TSV")
- Fixed: FAQ Editor category selector now correctly shows only request types that are enabled for FAQs
- Fixed: Report E-Mail format is now compatible with MS Outlook
- Fixed: Date/Time display for scheduled ticket date uses the correct time zone in Calendar and list views
- Fixed: Priority specified in the Request Type is used correctly again
- Changed: Increased the width of the "Accepted Domains" preference field to 1024 characters
New in version 9.1.1 (August 21st, 2008)
- Fixed: Status selection is back in new ticket creation. When techs set the status to closed during a new ticket creation, they are automatically assigned to the ticket (like in version 8).
- Fixed: Incorrect error message about having too many active tech accounts when saving General Preferences.
- Fixed: Due date override in Tech Note editor no longer wipes out note text
- Fixed: Error saving costs when using MySQL.
- Changed: Tech username is no longer case sensitive when linking to an LDAP client for authentication.
- Changed: New Techs can be saved using LDAP authentication instead of having to first save the tech, then enable LDAP authentication.
New in version 18.104.22.168 (June 5th, 2008)
- Added: Support for new license key format.
- Added: Updated MySQL driver. No longer locks entire EO_PK table when creating or incrementing primary keys.
New in version 22.214.171.124 (June 4th, 2008)
- Fixed issue causing exceptions when adding bulk actions while using a PostgreSQL database.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (May 23rd, 2008)
- Fixed: Issue causing exceptions when adding bulk actions while using a PostgreSQL database.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (April 14th, 2008)
- Fixed: Report PDFs now work correctly.
- Added: PDF generation now uses Apache FOP library version 0.95.