February 20th, 2013
· Optimized for iTunes 11
· TunesArt now works when iTunes library is outside Music folder
· Updated some themes elements for better quality
· Brazilian Portuguese localization updated
· FIX: Notification font color can be customized again
· FIX: Lyrics font size was not applied properly
· FIX: Shortcut for hiding Lyrics window was not working
· FIX: Growl notifications were not working
· FIX: Fixed other small issues
November 13th, 2012New:
· TunesArt is now sandboxed
· Optimized for Mountain Lion and Retina display
· Support for OS X notification center (10.8 only)
· Last.fm authorization can now be removed
· New shortcut to open / close iTunes
· New Love/Ban buttons on desktop artwork for faster access
· New localization 'Brazilian Portuguese'
· Controls on hovering desktop artwork now shows a little bit slower
· More discrete scrolling title background
· Search on LyricWiki now opens search results instead of homepage
· Revamped search window
· Only almost-square artworks are now returned when fetching
· Sending Tweet was not working anymore
· Missing artworks are now only fetched from same album
· Fixed broken Amazon artworks fetching
· Fixed incorrect color of lyrics when user chose custom color
· Fixed many other issues
September 29th, 2011
· TunesArt tag when tweeting is now optional
· After playing a search result, play is continuing with next track
· Fixed incorrect album tracks when right-clicking on desktop coverart
· Fixed a bug preventing TunesArt to launch
August 6th, 2011
· Release notes soon available
April 11th, 2011
· Fixed a bug preventing artworks to be saved with iTunes 10.2.x
· Fixed a bug causing default artwork to be sometimes flipped
February 20th, 2011
· Can now search for ‘Gracenote’ version of lyrics on LyricWiki
· Incomplete lyrics from LyricWiki are not displayed anymore
· FIX: Fixed incomplete localizations
· FIX: Fixed some glitches
November 29th, 2010
· Revamped Last.FM scrobbler, now supporting Love & Ban features
· Added a basic « Exclusions » feature for Last.fm scrobbler
· New feature to display track’s name in menu bar
· Now looks for album artwork too, if a track has no artwork
· Search window is now organized by album and shows track number
· Added a panel showing artist’s information from Last.fm
· Added a Last.fm submenu
· Growl will now use an unique notification window
· FIX: Fixed a display bug related to desktop cover’s title
· FIX: Radio tracks, podcasts and audiobooks are no longer scrobbled to Last.fm
· FIX: Fixed some bugs
· FIX: Search window position is now saved between launches
November 17th, 2010
· New iPod scrobbling feature for Last.fm
· Add customization settings for lyrics window (font color & family)
· 7 new keyboard shortcuts (toggle album cover, directly set rating 0 to 5)
· Improved readability of notification’s rating element
· New optional notification when track is submitted to Last.fm
· Some improvements made to the Preferences window
· Current track is now marked in album list (right click on album cover)
· Ratings now match iTunes behavior when an album is rated
· Added Traditional Chinese localization thanks to Rex
· Added Simplified Chinese localization thanks to Luo Dan
· Added Turkish localization thanks to Barış Özdağ
· TunesArt is now code-signed (to avoid asking form Last.fm password access at each update)
· FIX: Fixed a bug that may cause a crash if current theme is deleted when TunesArt is opened
· FIX: Lyrics & Search windows couldn’t be moved everywhere on secondary display
· FIX: Mini-controller is now displayed only if iTunes is opened
· FIX: Fixed some small bugs
October 27th, 2010
· This is mostly a bug fixes release but we also added 3 new localizations (Dutch, Slovak and Russian) and a new setting for themes.
October 25th, 2010
· Fixed known bugs reported since last version.
· New setting to disable the Search feature (should free some RAM for people not using this function).
· Added an italian localization thanks to VinBoiSoft.
February 10th, 2010
· Player controls (when hovering desktop cover art) a bit redesigned.
· FIX : area of inluence for desktop cover art was a bit too large.
· FIX : setting track's rating was not working anymore with keyboard shorcuts.
· FIX : radio stations' information was not updated anymore.
February 8th, 2010
· FIX : memory was not released regularily in previous version
· FIX : improved communication with iTunes
February 2nd, 2010
· New keyboard shortcuts : shuffle / repeat mode
· German localization improved
· Play/Pause item in mini-controller is updated according to playing state
· An artwork can be added with by dragging/dropping a picture file or web image on the desktop cover art
· FIX : reduced area of inluence for desktop cover art
· FIX : better handling of podcasts
· FIX : enabling Last.fm with no username could crash TunesArt
· FIX : hovering menubar icon was not working when 'Hide if iTunes not running' was selected
· FIX : small adjustments in lyrics fetching (if LyricWiki servers are partially working)
· FIX : small bugs fixes and other enhancements
January 22nd, 2010
· German translation added
· FIX : 'Enable Last.fm' menu item was not working properly
· FIX : small UI adjustments in lyrics window
· FIX : rating a track played from Genius was impossible
· FIX : solved wrong position of notifications in a multi screens environment
January 15th, 2010
· Automatic cover art fetching from Amazon database
· Too long track names are now truncated in contextual menu of desktop cover art
· Tracks not submitted to Last.fm (error…) are now submitted again at next try
· New setting allowing to ask what to do after lyrics download (save or don't save?)
· Improved information/error messages for lyrics window
· New menu item to enable/disable Last.fm scrobbler
· FIX : keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste were not working in Lyrics window
· FIX : in particular cases, no lyric was found despite their availability on LyricWiki website
· FIX : cancelling lyrics edition was not restoring original lyrics
· FIX : desktop cover art was disappearing after selecting a new playlist
· FIX : other small bugs fixes
January 4th, 2010
· New personal setting allowing to disable information when hovering menubar icon
· FIX : TunesArt was crashing at startup under Leopard 10.5
· FIX : error message box in lyrics window was always displayed under Leopard 10.5
· FIX : 'play/pause' icon was still truncated in mini-controller under Leopard 10.5
December 30th, 2009
· Notification is displayed when hovering menubar icon (instead of right clicking on this icon)
· Other tracks of same album are now displayed in cover art's contextual menu
· Error and confirmation messages added for download/save lyrics
· FIX : update notification is now displayed in same language as TunesArt
· FIX : dock menu was not available in english version of TunesArt
· FIX : video files are not submitted to Last.fm anymore
· FIX : 'play/pause' icon was truncated in mini-controller
· FIX : no more lyrics refresh when modifying track information to display (in Preferences)
· FIX : 'Preferences' window can be now closed with Cmd+W keyboard shortcut
· FIX : many small bugs fixes
December 6th, 2009
· Possible display of an iTunes mini controller in system menu bar
· New contextual menu for TunesArt dock icon
· Add icons and a refresh function in Playlists submenu
· Add an option to manually save lyrics into track
· FIX : desktop cover art and notifications are now visible on ALL spaces
· FIX : 'Show in Dock' setting is saved when updating TunesArt application
· FIX : reshow Notification will not work anymore if iTunes is not running or a track is not playing
· FIX : bugs fixed for reindex of iTunes library
· FIX : moving zone for desktop cover art has been shrinked
· FIX : when starting a new playlist, it is now revealed/selected in iTunes (fix the 'stop instead of pause' bug)
· FIX : some links created to search for lyrics in Google were malformed
November 29th, 2009
· 4 new keyboard shortcuts: increase volume, decrease volume, mute, decrease rating
· Shortcut for 'Modify rating' has been renamed to 'Increase rating'
· Bezel notification for new shortcuts 'volume' and 'mute'
· Better readability for information under desktop cover art
· A right-clic on menubar icon will show information about current track
· Search by title, artist or album, with a new pop-up menu to set up the search
· Display artist name along with track name in search results
· Growl notification gets default artwork if current track has none (instead of TunesArt application icon)
· Display of cover art and artist's name in Lyrics window
· New contextual menu in Lyrics window (Edit, Download, Search in Google)
· FIX: less often rebuild of iTunes Library for the Search feature
· FIX: a Growl notification was displayed when information under desktop cover art was changed from Preferences
· FIX: mirror effect for 3D them is now working under Leopard 10.5
· FIX: smaller memory footprint, particularly under Leopard
· FIX: many small bugs fixed in Lyrics functions
· FIX: some tracks could not be played from search results
November 13th, 2009
· New 'Playlists' submenu to play a particular playlist.
· Improved 'Vinyl' theme for desktop cover art.
· FIX : track's title was not displayed anymore in TunesArt menu.
· FIX : radios was not correctly supported anymore (notifications and displayed information).
· FIX : track's rating under desktop cover was not updated if it was changed in iTunes application (or in another application).
· FIX : 'Hide menubar icon if iTunes is not launched' was not working fine (several menubar icons and wrong position for notifications).
· FIX : no more 'STOP' bezel notification when iTunes is closing.
· FIX : mirror effet for 3D theme was truncated in some cases.
· FIX : many cosmetic bugs fixed.
November 10th, 2009
· FIX : no more 'ghost' window in Exposé when no track is playing.
· FIX : notifications will not be clickable anymore (less intruisive).
· FIX : small adjustments in Preferences window.
· FIX : a double Growl notification was displayed when clicking on Previous/Next button on desktop cover art.
· FIX : setting for Last.fm mode was not working in English version.
· FIX : setting for iTunes minimized mode was not working in English version.
November 8th, 2009
· Support for Growl notifications
· New personal setting to choose desktop cover art level (normal window or stick to desktop)
· New personal setting to lock desktop cover art position
· Bezel notification when modifying track's rating
· Link to Last.fm website added in Preferences
· A track is submitted to Last.fm only if at least 50% of the track was played (except for 'Now Playing' mode)
· Your Last.fm profile shows 'Listening now using TunesArt + iTunes' (instead of 'TunesArt')
· Track rating should be performed faster
· Current track's rating is displayed in 'Rating' submenu (with checkmark)
· FIX : in rare situations, Last.fm password could not be saved (causing an authentication error)
· FIX : small bug fixed when rating a track with keyboard shortcut
· FIX : default artwork is displayed on the dock when nothing is played in iTunes
October 31st, 2009
· New 'Now playing' mode for Last.fm (does not affect your musical profile)
· Display album cover instead of default TunesArt icon in Dock
· New personal setting to choose if iTunes should launch minimised or not (if you choose to launch iTuens with TunesArt)
· Lyrics download should work in most cases (except if no Lyrics available)
· New personal setting to automatically save downloaded lyrics into current track
· Basic notifications have been improved (should work with previous/next events, and from keyboard keys too)
· Playing a track from search window should be now performed from 'Music' playlist of your iTunes library
· FIX : playings controls don't disappear anymore from the album cover if you click on them
· FIX : many small bugs fixed for basic notifications
· FIX : lyrics window will close if a radio is played
· FIX : notifications should not appear outside screen bounds anymore
· FIX : defining a new keyboard shortcut will not enable it, if you disabled shortcuts
· FIX : some memory leaks fixed
October 26th, 2009
· Lyrics downloading has been optimized (timeout, progress indicator…)
· A basic notification window (bezel) can be displayed for Play/Pause action
· Fading effect for some windows is now optimized/nicer
· Better appearance for notification window which is now positioned according to TunesArt menubar icon
· FIX : an erronous key could be assigned to new shortcuts that appeared in version 0.4
· FIX : closing of Lyrics window could crash TunesArt in particular cases
· FIX : Intel 32 bits platforms are now fully supported
· FIX : many small bugs fixed
October 25th, 2009
· Add Last.fm support (scrobbling)
· Add a personal setting to choose desktop cover art size (Small, Normal, Big)
· Add a personal setting to quit iTunes when TunesArt closes
· Add 5 keyboard shortcuts (Show notification again, Previous, Next, Change rating, Show Lyrics)
· New feature to display/edit lyrics
· Missing lyrics can be downloaded from the web automatically
· If you choose to launch iTunes when TunesArt starts, iTunes will be automatically hidden
· FIX : TunesArt menubar icon was disappearing when iTunes exited
· FIX : in 'classic' mode, desktop coverart was not correctly displayed if current track did not have any artwork
· FIX : left and right arrows on keyboard are now active in search field
October 19th, 2009
· New player controls, more beautiful and displayed when hovering desktop coverart
· 3 new display modes for desktop coverart (CD case, 3D perspective, vinyl)
· Keyboard shortcuts are now customizable
· Rating of current rack can be performed 'on-the-fly' (under desktop
· New setting to display track duration (menu & desktop coverart)
· Track duration added to notification window
· New setting to hide TunesArt icon in menubar
· Re-worked Preferences window
· Re-worked About window
· Notification window appearance has been bettered
· Shortcut for search window will close the window if already opened
· If a setting needs to relaunch TunesArt, you'll be asked to do it
· No notification will be displayed if you perform a play/pause/rate action
· Search results can be limited to artists by typing '@' before your
· FIX : setting for notification window was not working
· FIX : setting for shortcuts disabling was not working
· FIX : desktop coverart can now be moved by clicking the coverart under Mac OS 10.5
· FIX : any change in Preferences window is now applied immediately
· FIX : any change in track rating is now displayed immediately
· FIX : settings values with a slider are displayed in real time
· FIX : many bugs has been fixed for 'exotic' tracks (e.G. : no artwork, no
· artist name)
October 6th, 2009
· Now supports track rating from main menu.
· iTunes controls (play, next, previous) can be added to the desktop cover.
· New keyboard shortcut for opening search window and play/pause.
· iTunes Library is refreshed each time you open search window.
· Many cosmetic and ergonomic changes made to the search window.
· Browsing with keyboard is now possible in search window.
· Videos files don't appear in the search window anymore.
· Default coverart is now displayed if current track doesn't have one.
· Contextual menu is available on desktop coverart.
· Radio tracks are now supported in notifications and desktop covertart.
· New setting to display TunesArt icon on the dock.
· FIX : now works with 10.5 Leopard (previously caused a crash on startup).
· FIX : Preferences and About windows are now front windows.
· FIX : opacity modification doesn't cause any visual problem.
· FIX : covertart could be moved by clicking anywhere (not with Leopard).
· FIX : when iTunes is closing, TunesArt menu is correctly refreshed.
· FIX : many small bugs fixes.
October 6th, 2009
· First version.