October 11th, 2012
· bug 5856: Disable JS hooks to make way for direct Firefox patch
October 11th, 2012
· bug 6803: Set proxy settings earlier to fix broken homepage load on FF15
· bug 6254: Support transparent Tor mode through TOR_TRANSPROXY=1 env var.
· Bug 6737: Disable window.screen hooks for FF15+ (fixes exception alert)
· Bug 5710: Prevent all sessionstore data saving in TBB
· Bug 5715: Explicitly clear image cache on TBB New Identity
· Bug 4660: Clear search and find boxes on TBB New Identity
· Bug 5729: Make New Identity and New Window a multiple of 200x100px
· Bug 4755: Spoof screen coordinates for DOM MouseEvents
· Bug 4718: Make TBB version check happen on New Window+New Identity
· Bug 5758: Disable WebSockets and IndexedDB for non-TBB users
· Bug 5863: Remove the ability to toggle Torbutton (to prevent leaks)
· Bug 3838: Inform Torbutton users about TBB
· Bug 5092: Sign Torbutton Updates
· Bugs 5673+5732: Change captcha redirect to startpage.com
· Bug 3845: Bump Firefox user agent to 10.0-ESR
· bug 4722: Fix ability to drag tabs on Windows (due to #4517)
· bug 4517: Disable external drag and drop (prevents proxy bypass)
· bug 4099: Disable TLS session tickets to prevent linkability
· bug 4603: Lower HTTP keep-alive timeout to reduce linkability
· bug 4611: Notify user if "New Identity" fails
· bug 4667: Close keep-alive connections on "New Identity" (TBB only)
· bug 4453: Reset SOCKS host and port only when using "recommended settings"
· misc: Perform versioncheck at startup regardless of session restore status
· misc: Fix a homepage load error on Windows TBB first-run
· bug 4197: Allow Torbutton formfill blocking to be disabled
· bug 4058: Fix yet more issues with links opening in new tabs
· bug 4161: Make TBB version check work w/ SocksPort auto builds
· bug 3686: Fix loading of localized homepage on Debian
· bug 4016: Resize window on "New Identity"
· bug 3928: Implement CookieAuthFile password reading
· misc: Fix scoping issue for some stream variables
· bug 3933: Don't touch app.update.auto in TBB
· bug 3960: Don't disable zoom.siteSpecific on TBB
· bug 3928: Fix auto-scroll on twitter
· bug 3649: Make permissions and disk errors human-readable
· bug 3879: Fix broken framed sites (yopmail, gmane, gmaps, etc)
· bug 3337: Fetch check.tp.o page to check versions (TBB only)
· Bug 3754: Fix SafeCache OCSP errors (fix for TBB only)
· bug 523: Implement New Identity (for TBB only)
· bug 3580: Fix hotmail/live breakage (TBB only)
· bug 3748: Disable 3rd party HTTP auth
· bug 3665: Fix several corner cases SafeCache isolation
· bug 3739: Fix https->http CORS failure for SafeCache
· bug 3414: Isolate window.name based on referrer policy
· bug 3809: Disable referer spoofing (fixes navigation issues)
· bug 3819: Fix API issue with cookie protections
· bug 3820: Fix warning w/ session store filter
· bug 3101: Disable WebGL. Too many unknowns for now.
· bug 3345: Make Google Captcha redirect work again.
· bug 3399: Fix a reversed exception check found by arno.
· bug 3177: Update torbutton to use new TorBrowser prefs.
· bug 2843: Update proxy preferences window to support env var.
· bug 2338: Force toggle at startup if tor is enabled
· bug 3554: Make Cookie protections obey disk settings
· bug 3441: Enable cookie protection UI by default.
· bug 3446: We're Firefox 5.0, we swear.
· bug #3506: Remove window resize event listener.
· bug #1282: Set fixed window size for each new window.
· bug #3508: Apply Stanford SafeCache patch (thanks Edward, Collin et al).
· bug #2361: Make about window work again on FF4+.
· bug #3436: T(A)ILS was renamed to Tails.
· bugfix: Fix a transparent context menu issue on Linux FF4+.
· misc: Squelch exception from app launcher in error console.
· misc: Make DuckDuckGo the default Google Captcha redirect destination.
· misc: Make it harder to accidentally toggle torbutton.
· bug 2777: Clear OCSP cache on tor toggle
· bug 2832: Update spoofed user agent to Firefox 4.0
· bug 2838: Make cookie protections dialog work
· bug 2819: Move JS hooks to new JS1.8.5 hooking support on FF4.
· bug 3042: Fix version compatibility issue with FF4.0.1+
· bug 1624: Use nsIDOMCrypto::logout() instead of the SSLv2 pref hack
· bug 1999: Disable tor:// urls by default
· bug 1968: Reset window.name on tor toggle
· bug 2148: Make refspoofing more uniform
· bug 2359: Fix XHTML DTD errors on FF4
· bug 2458: Opt out of Firefox addon usage pings
· bug 2377: Limit the Google captcha cookies copied between google TLDs
· bug 2491: Clean up checks for when to jar protected cookies
· bug 1110: Add popup to ask if we should spoof English Accept: headers
· misc: Remove a noisy FF2 nsICookieManager2 fallback check.
· bugfix: bug 1894: Amnesia is now called TAILS (patch from intrigeri)
· bugfix: bug 2315: Remove reference to TorVM (patch from intrigeri)
· bugfix: bug 2011: Fix preference dialog issues (patch from chrisdoble)
· bugfix: Fix some incorrect log lines in RefSpoofer
· new: Support Firefox 4.0 (many changes)
· new: Place button in the nav-bar (FF4 killed the status-bar)
· misc: No longer reimplement the session store, use new APIs instead
· misc: Simplify crash detection and startup mode settings
July 13th, 2011
· Disable WebGL. Too many unknowns for now.
· Make Google Captcha redirect work again.
· Fix a reversed exception check found by arno.
· Update torbutton to use new TorBrowser prefs.
· Update proxy preferences window to support env var.
· Force toggle at startup if tor is enabled
· Make Cookie protections obey disk settings
· Enable cookie protection UI by default.
· Remove window resize event listener.
· Set fixed window size for each new window.
· Apply Stanford SafeCache patch (thanks Edward, Collin et al).
· Make about window work again on FF4+.
· (A)ILS was renamed to Tails.
· Squelch exception from app launcher in error console.
· Make DuckDuckGo the default Google Captcha redirect destination.
· Make it harder to accidentally toggle torbutton.
April 26th, 2010
· Fix blank popup conflict with CoolPreviews
· Fix IST and other HH:30 timezone issues.
· Fix the toggle warning loop issue on settings change.
· Fix a session restore bug when closing the last window
· Update useragent to FF3.6.3 on WinNT6.
· Add logic to handle torbutton crashed state conflicts
· Improve the 'changed-state' refresh warning message
· Bind alert windows to correct browser window
· Make the error console the default log output location
· Fix an exception in the localhost proxy filter
· Always tell a website our window size is rounded even if it's not
· Add some suggestions to warning about loading external content
· Add option to always update Torbutton via Tor. On by default
· Redirect Google queries elsewhere on captcha (default ixquick)
· Strip identifying info off of Google searchbox queries.
August 10th, 2009
· bugfix: Workaround Firefox Bug 440892 to prevent external apps from
· being launched (and thus bypassing proxy settings) without user
· confirmation. Independently reported by Greg Fleischer and optimist.
· bugfix: Create a separate "No Proxy For" option and remove the
· string "localhost" from proxy exemptions. Prevents a theoretical
· proxy bypass condition discovered by optimist. Fix based on patch from
· bugfix: bug 970: Purge undo tab list on Tor toggle.
· bugfix: bug 1040: Scrub URLs from log level 4 and higher log messages.
· Mac OS writes Firefox console messages to disk by default.
· bugfix: bug 1033: Fix FoxyProxy conflict that caused some FoxyProxy
· strings to fail to display.
· misc: bug 1006: Pop up a more specific failure message for pref
· changing errors during Tor toggle.
· misc: Add chrome url protection call to conceal other addons during
· non-Tor usage. Patch by Sebastian Lisken.
· misc: Remove torbutton log system init message that may have scared some
March 23rd, 2009
· bugfix: bug 773: Fixed Noscript conflict issue.
· bugfix: bug 866: Fixed conflict with ZoTero.
· bugfix: bug 908: Make UserAgentSwitcher's 'default' button restore Torbutton's spoofed user agent if Tor is enabled.
· bugfix: bug 909: Get Torbutton to "properly" react to users changing their Firefox cookie lifetime settings as opposed to using the Torbutton interface.
· bugfix: bug 834: Fix session saving and startup issues.
· bugfix: bug 875: Removed docShell == null popup during toggle for some users.
· bugfix: bug 910: fixed a locale spoofing issue in navigator.appVersion.
· bugfix: bug 747: Attempt to fix 'fullscreen' resizing issues.
· bugfix: Stop-gap timezone spoofing fix for Linux and Mac for FF3. Requires a one-line patch to Firefox for Windows to work.
· bugfix: Clear SSL Session IDs on toggle. (See FF Bug 448747)
· misc: bug 931: Added a socks v4 vs v5 version choice to custom prefs.
· misc: bug 836: redesign startup preference window to make it more understandable.
· misc: Torbutton now presents itself as Windows FF3.0.7.
· misc: Change RDF to allow Torbutton to run on FF3.1 betas.
July 31st, 2008
· Preserve session cookies in each Tor state, prevent cookie loss during upgrade/reinstall/disable, fix translation issues with locale spoofing, potential PKCS#12 fixes.
July 14th, 2008
July 8th, 2008
· bugfix: bug 734: Fix exception with clearing history on toggle
· bugfix: bug 735: Fix exception with blocking Non-Tor history writes
· bugfix: bug 720: FF3 cookie jar fix submitted
· misc: translation updates for French, Farsi, and others
· misc: demote "mapper check" log message to info
· new: Option to not write cookie jars to disk submitted