May 29th, 2013
· New Billing Settings option to lock editing on work and expense items associated with paid invoices
· Can now show all Project or Client spec information on invoices and reports
· New Data Row area for Project Specs, Project Specs with Value, Client Specs, and Client Specs with value
· New Calculate button for markup in Timesheets window that will let you enter Cost and desired Total and have markup amounts calculated
· Can show Project Stage information in custom summaries
· Changed behavior of smart groups with both Client and Project rules. These groups will now show Projects nested within their associated Clients. Clients must match all client rules and projects must match all project rules and be attached to a matching client
· Can now choose to combine multiple blueprint quantities into one created item
· Contextual menu items will process for all To Dos when there are multiple items selected
· Contextual clicks on custom listboxes with multiple selected items will no longer occasionally clear the current selection
· New option to by default create Projects as Non-Public
· New option in the New Project window to make the project Public or Non-Public
· Can now Copy Address and Copy Mailing Label Address via contextual menus for contacts
· New multi-line variables for invoice/report templates: ClientFullAddress, ClientMailingLabel
· Can now put into the purchase order ID format to add the vendor's ID number to a purchase order ID number
· Added ability to duplicate reports
· Can now reorder specs and spec suites
· Can now delete multiple specs/suites simultaneously
· New ClientContactNotes variable
· New Report Template variables: ItemRecurAmount, ItemRecurPeriod, ItemNextRecurDate
· When editing To Do Suites, you can now leave the Days column blank to create a to do without a due date
· When adding To Dos through a Project Template, you can now specify items to not have Due Dates
· Lists of projects throughout the program will now use the selected sort order for the main window
· Lists of projects throughout program will now use selected project display formatting from the main window
· Will now show total hours per day in Weekly timesheet
· Will now give an option when emailing out a purchase order to choose between Vendor and Client email addresses
· Can now shift-click to select multiple rows when editing the Auto-Complete descriptions list
· Changed "Edit Project Spec Suites" to "Edit Spec Suites" in the File Menu > Suites section
· New options to to automatically use Report Template defaults, Use Current Info, or Ask when changing report templates
· Will now choose more recent date range for payment tracker
· Can now remove images that were assigned to work items
· Contact Import window from Address Book issues fixed
· Will now show Company Name in Address Book importing window
· Will now show X on all machines for completed To Dos and Items Having tax variables instead of glyphs
· Optimized code for storing and loading arrays in the database
· Unit price and various other fields will now only show two decimal places unless there are more available in value
· Fixed an issue where line subtotals would not appear in timesheet entry window for some users
· Will no longer incorrectly show an associated client when editing a new project's estimate time sheet window
· Fixed issue where dragging items on a template with PDF background could cause display issues
· Fixed issue where employees who had permissions to create vendors but not clients could not create new vendors
· Fixed some display issues when showing the individual line item totals in the enter time sheet window
· Fixed issue with VendorAddress2 not working
January 21st, 2013
· Will now show subtotals for individual lines in the Timesheet Entry window
· New display setting for template items to only show if they have a non zero value
· New Project smart group field for Assigned Contacts
· Can now quickly assign Contacts to Projects via contextual menu in the Project People section
· Fixed an issue where the initial setup screen could appear on launch after a crash during saving
· Fixed an issue where some line breaks would not correctly display in logs
· Fixed issue with printing the work tab in 10.0 and newer
· Fixed issue where View Timesheet window would show incorrect totals when Split Items into Days is selected and parts of an item are filtered out of the view
· Added all/none checkbox to the Manage Groups window
· Fixed issue with mouse clicks missing on weekly calendar when the window is exceptionally large
· Fixed issue with ItemSequentialNumber on some templates
· The Create Default To Do button in the Gantt item editing window will now take weekends into account
· Subsequent stages in Project Templates will calculate the work week into their start dates
· Employees with their contact info deleted can now be linked to newly created contacts
· Fixed display issue with multi-day events sometimes not properly placing in January 2013
October 17th, 2012
· Can now select separate calendars for Event and To Do syncing from Studiometry to iCal/Calendar and Reminders
· Can now show Associated Invoices information for Payments in Custom Summaries
· Timesheet window will now show associated client for a row when mousing over
· New calendar option to hide completed To Dos
· Project Template To Do items will no longer assign all employees if no employee is selected for the item
· Will now sync setting to Capture New Descriptions between machines on a network
· New option in Advanced Billing settings to change default live status for new projects
· New option in Advanced Billing settings to disable Project ID generation by default
· Fixed issue with deleting Logs from the Contact's logs window
· Fixed issue where default markup amounts would not be automatically entered in the Work editing window for debt/credit types that did not have a default unit price
· Fixed issue with Apple Mail integration not working on Mountain Lion
· Fixed an issue with remote connections on Mountain Lion sometimes not being able to properly log in
· Fixed an issue with canceling out of the server login using the Admin password
· Fixed an issue where default rates might not be automatically assigned to new items in the Weekly timesheet window
· Fixed an issue with some invoice schedules not properly firing
· Added improved syncing functions for Studiometry Touch 1.8
September 5th, 2012
· Can now export invoices to Quickbooks IIF Files
· Can now use Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 Notification Center
· Completely redone Timesheet entry window
· All New: Week Time Sheet feature lets you quickly enter the hours worked for each day of the week, based on project and work type
· Can now quickly see the previously worked hours for any project and work type for a specific week and employee
· New Auto-Populate feature for Week Time Sheet lets you quickly access Active projects
· Can now Auto-Populate Week Time Sheets from a specific group or smart group
· View Timesheet window now has option to view individual timer sessions split up into their corresponding days
· Several interface improvements in the View Timesheet window
· Can now merge items on invoices. Merged items will appear on an invoice as one item, but will display combined totals from all associated items. These items will still exist as separate items within your Studiometry database.
· Completely redone Project Work section
· Can now filter the Project Work section by item mode
· Can now Group items within the Project Work section by Work Type
· Can now Group items within the Project Work section by Employee
· Project Work section will now show subtotals for Type or Employee when grouping
· Filtering and grouping settings of Project Work section are saved for each employee and remembered between launches
· Updated totals bar for Project Work section to be much cleaner
· Several new Employee permissions related to using Week Time Sheets
· Consolidated and improved the Project Info, Settings, and People tabs
· Consolidated and improved the Client Info and Notes tabs
· New Logs tab for Clients shows all associated Logs
· New Logs tab for Projects shows all associated Logs
· Can now track and edit customizable Client Specs
· Can access Client specs on invoices and reports using the Spec and SpecName variables
· Can now create Combo Data Row areas that will show information from one or more data row types, dynamically adjusting and repositioning based on the content of the invoice
· Can now create Custom data row types, which can be used within Combo Data Rows to design customizable headers or footers for your data rows
· Can select specific Debt Types to show or hide when showing individual work and expense items in a template's Data Rows and Data Columns
· New Project Assigned Employees data row type will show information about all employees that have been assigned to the associated project
· Can now show To Dos in Invoices and Reports
· New Project To Dos data row type
· New Project Incomplete To Dos data row type
· New Project Completed To Dos data row type
· New Client To Dos data row type
· New Client Incomplete To Dos data row type
· New Client Complete To Dos data row type
· New variables for use in To Do Data rows: ToDoDescription, ToDoPriority, ToDoCompleted, ToDoCompletedYesNo, ToDoCompletedCheck, ToDoDueDate, ToDoDueTime, ToDoEndDate, ToDoEndTime, ToDoType, ToDoExtraInfo, ToDoNextStep, ToDoAssignedEmployees, ToDoAttachedTo
· New Invoiced Work Types summary available in Summaries menu
· Can view Cost in Custom Summaries
· Can assign Employee Roles within Projects
· Can track and modify a list of default assignable roles that will sync across your Studiometry network
· Can view new Employee Roles in the Employees Assigned Projects summary
· Project Templates can now have default Employees that will be automatically assigned to created projects
· Project Templates can now have default Employee Roles
· New EmployeeProjectRole template variable
· Can now maintain a library of images within your Studiometry database that will be synced across the network
· New Image Library menu option in the File Menu > Suites Menu
· Can now assign images to Debt/Credit Categories
· Can now assign images to your Work and Expense items
· Can assign images to Blueprints, which will be automatically assigned to created Work and Expense items
· Invoice and Report templates can now have dynamic images or use referenced images from your Image Library
· Can now include Debt Images in Debt/Credit data rows
· Can now include Category images in Debt/Credit data rows
· Can now include Category images in Category data rows
· New variables DebtCategoryPopulatedNotes that will show the Project's category notes, or the default category notes if there aren't any entered for the project
· Can now reference images by tags to include in Invoice and Report templates
· New option to draw pictures proportionally within item's layout boundaries
· Can now sync Visual Invoice and Report templates over a Studiometry network
· Will now have the exact same list of visual report and invoice templates on all Studiometry machines on a network
· Deleting a visual template on one machine will delete it across the entire network
· Can now create Contact groups for manually organizing your contacts
· Can now create Contact Smart Groups that will automatically group clients based on customizable sets of rules
· Can now toggle between detailed and condensed views for the Contact lists
· Calendar will now show weekends in a separate color
· Updated calendar themes to be more readable and less cluttered
· Changed the default calendar theme to White
· Can now select "Current Employee" as an option for Blueprints, which will assign the employee that creates the work item using a blueprint
· Can now assign default taxes to Blueprints
· New option to enable Calculate Total for expense items by default in Preferences Window > Billing Settings > Advanced
· Can now enter more than two decimal places when editing a Debt category's default amount
· Date selector now has a Today button
· New options in Preferences Window to leave To Do due date and due times blank by default when creating new items
· Contact custom fields are now considered when searching
· Can now press the Delete or Backspace keys to delete invoice and report templates
· New contextual menu to create a To Do from a Log
· New contextual menu to create an Event from a Log
· New contextual menu to create a Work Item from a Log
· Items created via the Log contextual menus will now be automatically linked back to the logs
· Items created via the Log contextual menus will automatically assign associated employees if possible
· Will now use the native Mac OS dock badge count in situations where it is possible
· New DebtCategoryDefaultAmountOrRate variable
· File Menu > Data Management > Show Data Folder in Finder gives you quick access to your data folder
· Added ItemHasTax variable to show if a work item has any tax value associated with it
· New contextual menu item to export invoices to Quickbooks IIF files in Invoice lists
· Will now immediately reselect the current item when returning to the main template editor from a data row editor
· Will now immediately show all Inspector fields when creating a new item in visual templates
· Will now ask for confirmation when Deleting code-based invoices
· New Time Sheet entry window will now only require you to choose the Item Mode once for the entire time sheet
· Will now support additional currencies
· Fixed an issue where online currencies would not properly download in some situations
· Added framework to more easily add currencies in future versions
· Will now always immediately update hour and total amounts at the bottom of the New Time Sheet window
· Can now tab through all fields in the New Time sheet window
· Can now resize and reposition the New Time sheet window
· Will show subtotals for hours and amounts of selected items in work tab
· New Menu Item within the Time Sheet window to create a New Line Item
· New Menu Item within the Employees menu to access the default Employee Roles
· Merged the list boxes and controls for the Project Employees and Project Contacts sections
· Available Work and Expense Items in the invoice editing window that aren't associated with the invoice will now appear in gray
· Can now view and modify category and status colors in the Preferences window even when they aren't the selected Color By type for Clients or Projects
· Can now export Templates directly from the Templates section of the Preferences Window using new Export buttons
· Will remember most recent selection for expanded/condensed viewing of contact lists
· Will no longer present a delete confirmation in the View Timesheet window if there is no current selection
· Will now include non-live employees in the list of employees in the View Timesheet window
· Changed the default selected dates in the View Timesheet window to allow for quicker initial loading
· Changed the default setting for Safe Sync to enabled on new machines
· Fixed some issues with printing the View Timesheet window
· Changed wording of Enter Time Sheet toolbar button to match other areas of the program
· Can now hold the Option or Alt key when printing a visual template to prevent Studiometry automatically assigning the saved printer setup
· Removed the Studiometry button from the Location bar in the main window
· The disconnected from server dialog will now have a Reconnect option
· Will now sync the setting for per-item exchange rates automatically across the network
· Now shows a better representation of the select image in the Template Editor Image Properties section
· Imported items from iCal will now use the Studiometry setting for assigned employees from the Preferences Window > To Dos and Gantt section
· Will no longer show a gray box if an image isn't available when generating invoices and reports with visual templates
· Will now correctly assign the address book syncing properties to new contacts imported while within the contact editing window
· Improved display of image holder within Template Editor
· Can change item type of multiple work items simultaneously using the Mass Edit function in the search window
· Mass edit window will now perform more consistently when you have multiple statuses or categories with exactly the same name
· Search window will now properly display color text for selected rows
· Can now email a contact directly from the Project People list via contextual menu
· Taxable value subtotal shown in Debt/Credit Based Tax Report Exports
· Non-Taxable value subtotal shown in Debt/Credit Based Tax Report Exports
· Total Sales value subtotal shown in Debt/Credit Based Tax Report Exports
· Will now by default not have the Open Data Warning enabled on new machines
· Will now ensure that recurring debt/credits cannot create items that are also recurring debt/credit types
· Will now order invoices on Client Statements by invoiced date instead of due date
· Will now always properly use the selected currency when generating Reports that are not in the Default Currency
· Will now remember the most recent sort selection and direction for the Work list
· Will now properly truncate group names in main window based on available width
· Will now immediately focus the search field in the add Blueprint window
· Will remember position of template editor window
· Will now check for and remove quotes from file names when exporting to a PDF
· Will no longer show Employee selection in view time sheet window if multiple employees is disabled
· Will now show the version number in the check for update dialog
· Will now respect client sort order selection when showing Smart Groups
· Will now properly sort projects by ID number in smart groups when there are projects with much larger ID numbers than the rest
· Will now use only the online ID tag when exporting the currency code to invoice and reports via text
· Will no longer ask if you would like to delete a specific item when using the Delete key to remove group
· Will now immediately force a refresh of Logs view on Windows when creating new items
· Fixed an issue where importing from a vCard could cause some fields to duplicate during import
· Fixed an issue with the built-in summaries not functioning properly if their saved fields list contained an invalid field name
· Fixed an issue with Control-Clicking on Windows in several custom listboxes
· Improved selection logic in several custom listboxes
· Can now use Command-N (or Control-N on Windows) to create a new line item in time sheet windows
· Deleting multiple clients or projects in the search window will now only prompt for confirmation once
· Notifications of new Studiometry versions will now appear in Mountain Lion notification center, or Growl depending on user settings
August 17th, 2012
· Fixed an issue where currencies and online currency data would not properly load
July 18th, 2012
· Support for Mountain Lion
· Can now duplicate contacts
· Can now create new Projects attached to non-live Clients
· Newly created Projects will inherit their associated Client's Live status
· Will now show Project's Cost in Project Summary view
· Will now calculate Project's Profit per hour in Project Summary view
· Items with Purchase Order mode will now show their cost amounts rather than the marked up amount in the Work tab
· Selecting a non-live Project will now temporarily show the associated Client in the main window's list as well
· Fixed an issue with currency codes exporting to invoice and report templates including their symbol
· Fixed an issue with creating new fields in the contact editing window
· Code-Signed for OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
May 15th, 2012
· Fixed an issue with automatically opening the .sut file type
· Fixed an issue where items could temporarily appear twice on the calendar when iCal syncing is enabled
· Fixed an issue where deleting a debt/credit with the contextual menu would not stick
· Fixed an issue with double-clicking on projects in the Client's Projects tab to select them in the main window
· Fixed issue where recurring items were being added to automated invoicing schedules
· Fixed an issue where the Project Combined Name and ID format could cause issues when exporting Invoices to PDF
· Fixed issue with rearranging items in the To Do Suite window
· Fixed an issue where you may need to resize the Invoice or Report editing windows to cause the scroll bar sizes to update
· Will now take further steps to hide the typing cursor on the Lock screen when it is not the active window on Windows setups
· Fixed an issue showing invoices in their default currency in some locations
· Will no longer jump from the Project selection to hour selection in the Enter Timesheet window
May 3rd, 2012
· Can now customize the display format for project name and ID throughout the program
· Can now assign default markup rates and amounts for Expense types
· Can now enter markup values in the Enter Timesheet window
· Can now assign a default Project Category to Project Templates
· Can now assign default Project Notes to Project Templates
· Can now choose to disable Project ID assignment when creating a new Project
· Can now right-click on the Project Name or ID field to generate a new ID for the project
· Project Summary has new Employee comparison chart, showing estimated compared to actual work for each employee
· Redone and improved interface in ID Numbering preferences section
· Expanded the date columns in log and to do views to fit longer date formats
· Will now show longer Log Type names in the logs list
· Fixed an issue with the OK and Cancel buttons in the Contact editing window sometimes not registering
· Will now save exchange rates for invoices and reports to ensure that invoices in the non-default currency will always match up with work items in a separate non-default currency
· Can now create work items from the To Do contextual menus
· New contextual menu in the Calendar allows the creation of timers or work items
· Will now use the selected outgoing email client when clicking on Email links throughout the program
· Project Summary tab will now only show Debt/Credit categories that have estimated or actual values not equaling zero
· Added variables for InvoiceTotalQuantity, ReportTotalQuantity and DebtCategoryTotalQuantity
· Added DebtCategoryQuantityOrHours variable
· Added variable for ProjectNameAndID that will use the new customizable name and ID format
· Can now right-click on the project name or ID field to copy the formatted Name and ID string
· Can now sort invoices by ID number in custom summaries
· New option in View Settings to display formatted Project Name and ID in Projects list
· Creating new Debt/Credits will now default to the associated Project's currency
· Added new Folder Structure Summary for displaying a report of a specific directory and its contents
· Can now include Project ID numbers in name display in many areas of the program
· Can now use Command-N to create a new timer while in the timers window
· Double-clicking a client or project in most views will now activate the default Info tab
· Selecting a type in the Enter Timesheet window will now immediately give focus to the hours/quantity field
· Will no longer immediately show a cursor in the Lock window when it isn't the active window
· Will now immediately update contact list in all situations when creating a new contact
· Will now show project color in Employee Assigned Projects report
· Will respect the employee permission to Edit Timers when creating a new work item manually
· Will now sync default categories across the network
· Will now immediately sync spec and to do suites across the network when connecting to a server
· Can now only set default categories on the server machine
· Employees must now have the ability to view rates and view other employees' work items to see the Project Estimated amount and hours
· Other improvements to visual layout of employee assigned projects report
· Fixed an issue with iCal syncing causing duplicates
· Fixed an issue with selecting an expense item in the Time Sheet window not immediately updating the Quantity field
· Fixed a potential issue with syncing ID formats over the network
· Fixed an issue displaying a certain event duration on the calendar
· Fixed issue with displaying number of files when using File serving
· Fixed an issue syncing with Studiometry Touch where contacts would not appear during some syncs
· Fixed an issue with the Go To Webpage button on some machines
· Fixed an issue with buttons in Edit Contact window
March 27th, 2012
· New Summary: Employees' Assigned Projects, shows all employees and a filterable list of their assigned projects
· Can now choose Sparrow as the default outgoing email client
· Can now choose to import an entire calendar from iCal
· Can now include To Dos and events when inserting a project delay or changing project start date in the Gantt chart
· New option to show a New Log button next to the timer and to do buttons in the main window's projects list
· Selecting multiple logs and clicking the minus button below log list will correctly delete all selected logs
· Will now show the currently selected syncing Calendar and Reminders list in the calendar selection window
· Fixed an syncing issue with Lion iCal and creating items on a separate calendar and them moving them to the Studiometry synced calendar
· Will now show correct label for "Show" in Data Row editor when an item is selected
· Having line item in an Invoice that is too large to fit will no longer occasionally cause certain items to not appear
· Will now refresh the Custom Summaries list more often
· Fixed an issue where Lion iCal would send Studiometry update notifications before updated information was available
· Fixed an issue selecting a Log's type when opening the edit log window
· "All Day" items synced from iCal on Lion should now display properly display on all calendar modes
· Will now always properly show special characters in Currency drop down lists
· Will now properly show all ampersands in more Popup menus
· Fixed an issue where the mouse-up event on the button in the edit contacts window will no longer cause meaningless warning to fire
· Can now Maximize the View Gantt Chart window
· When there is no IP address for the connected server, the client machine will warn that it has probably been disconnected
· More strict about not checking for updates from iCal when syncing has been disabled completely
February 14th, 2012
· Will no longer show clients without active projects in the Enter Timesheet window
· Fixed an issue that could sometimes break links to original emails in imported Logs
· Fixed an issue with coloring of the first line in the All Invoices view
· Fixed an issue where syncing to Address Book could cause certain types of contacts to have duplicate phone numbers or email addresses
· Fixed issue where adding multiple new addresses to a contact before syncing to Address Book could cause an address to not sync initially
· Payments applied to multiple projects will now show the appropriate received amount in certain project related fields
· Will now correctly assign the default Address Book syncing mode to new Contacts immediately
· Will now assign the saved page setup properties when printing a visual Invoice or Report on each launch regardless of if the Page Setup dialog has been opened
January 31st, 2012
· Fixed an issue where Studiometry 9.0.3 would occasionally crash while in the background on certain setups
· Can now export the Vendored Items list
· Alphabetized the list of associated contacts in the Project's People tab
· Will now properly use project sort order and format in the All and Clients groups in the main window
January 9th, 2012
· Studiometry is no longer a Universal Binary application on Mac. See more information about this here: http://support.oranged.net/entries/20841017
· Command-N will now create a new item based on the current tab in the main window
· Changed New Client keystroke to accommodate the current tab New Item keystroke
· Updated French localization
· Can now export the Inventory list in the accounting window to a text file
· Can now properly tab between Specs in a project
· Can now copy and paste Specs between projects
· Can now select and cut, copy, paste, and delete multiple spec simultaneously
· Added contextual menu item to create a new log for a contact in the contacts list
· Will now properly populate the email default body and subject when sending code-based reports
· Enabled localization abilities for several labels and fields the program that did not previously have the capability
· Will now make additional checks to ensure a currency is assigned when creating a new project
· Fixed an issue where summaries would get stuck while processing when selecting certain Summary Of options
· Will now use the new Gantt planner chart when using the View Project Planning contextual menu items in the main window
· Fixed issue where client and project information would not correctly display when mousing over items in the View All Gantt chart window
· Adding an invoice adjustment to an invoice without any items will now properly update
· Fixed display issue when editing invoices with no associated items
· Fixed issue with incorrect titles appearing when printing the Invoices lists with certain filters applied
· Fixed an issue with exporting invoices to PDF with backgrounds
· If Studiometry cannot find an exchange rate for a specific currency, it will now default to an exchange rate of 1.00
· Areas of the program that ask for a password but have none set will now indicate this and let the user continue
· Will now account for currencies when calculating the total at the bottom of the Invoices tab
· Fixed issue with deleting Log types
· Making a change to Log types will now immediately update any open Log editing windows
October 17th, 2011
· Drastically improved performance when selecting items in databases that have hundreds of thousands of To Dos
· Duplicate ID checking has been moved to a thread and will no longer temporarily "lock" the program for users with large databases
· Adding payments directly in the Invoice editing window will now immediately update the Paid status and date
· Fixed issue where deleting project templates would sometimes not register over a network
· Fixed a crash when automatically emailing receipts from setups that use the built in SMTP email setting
· Updated the default pixel amount for the A4 sizing templates
· Added option to disable the notification that not all items are shown on an invoice/report
· Fixed issue where location bar would not correctly update when selecting items on Windows
· Fixed issue with displaying the correct version number when checking serial numbers when registering
· Fixed issue with expense category sometimes not appearing correctly when using a template with data columns
September 21st, 2011
· Can now filter custom summaries based on Groups
· Can now set customizable Contact name formatting using built in and custom contact fields
· Added ClientContactFormattedName variable
· When filtering logs by client, logs linked to contacts or projects attached to the filtered client will now appear
· Moved and added several items to new Advanced billing settings window to clear up space in the Preferences Window Billing section
· Can now create custom summaries that include only Billable and Non-Billable debt credits
· Added option to use Project Specific default hourly timer as the default type when manually creating a work item
· Added TaxableSubtotal and NonTaxableSubtotal variables
· Can specify a port for outgoing SMTP email connections
· Optimized client statement loading to prevent frequent bottlenecks for clients with a large number of projects
· Fixed an issue where data columns could sometimes repeat a specific item once when showing data on multiple pages
· Fixed an issue with Combo-Boxes not working correctly in the template item properties section
· Fixed an issue calculating time when using certain am/pm formats
· Will now correctly close a calendar picker window when the associated field has been closed
· Will no longer include taxes in the Project Quoted vs. Actual Reports
· Fixed a crashed caused by issues encoding certain characters in imported logs on Macs
September 16th, 2011
· Studiometry now has improved CRM capabilities
· Completely redesigned Logs features let you track and link emails, conversations, letters, and more
· Integration capabilities with several popular email clients, including Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage & Outlook
· Added support for Growl notifications on Mac
· New Contacts group in main window lets you easily see all contact information within Studiometry
· Will now show recent logs for contacts directly in the contacts list, making it much easier to track correspondences with contacts
· Will now show associated clients for each contact in the contacts list
· Can view groups for recent contacts, unattached contacts, contacts associated with multiple clients, and more
· New Logs group in main window gives you access to all logs
· Greatly improved the speed of most of the application by better optimizing many internal functions
· Invoice lists will load roughly 3 times faster
· Debt lists in large databases will load much faster
· Completely redone To Dos section now looks better, shows more information, and performs much faster
· Can now create Client Statements that include running balances and invoice, payment, and retainer information
· New built-in summary shows all Projects with their Estimated compared to Actual numbers
· Can now have emails automatically imported from integrated mail clients as contact logs
· Can automatically link specific projects, clients, and contacts with imported emails
· Can capture outgoing emails, invoices, reports, and automatically create contact logs with relevant links
· Can drag and drop messages from Apple Mail to create contact logs with links back to the original mail message
· Can drag and drop messages from Postbox for Mac to create contact logs with links back to the original mail message
· Can drag and drop URLs, email addresses, and other links to store them with contact logs
· Full PDF export capabilities for invoice and report templates
· Can now create invoice templates that use PDF files as backdrops
· Employee cost-rate tracking for hourly items
· Can now assign specific cost rates to employees that will be applied to any hourly items they enter
· Can assign default cost rates to hourly Debt/Credit types
· Can summarize profitability throughout the program using the new cost-rate features as well as the existing unit price and markup features
· Can show Profit for items on custom summaries
· Can create summaries of uninvoiced billable items
· New Project and Client profitability reports available via the Summaries menu
· Can create Multi-Project reports with customizable templates that grab work and expense items for all projects for a specific client
· Contact lists will now show much more information
· Can now click on emails and addresses directly in the contacts list to initiate an email or view a map
· Completely reworked email backend of program to account for new email features and better organize outgoing emails
· Can now set default CC and BCC email addresses for all outgoing emails
· Can now customize the default subject and content for invoices and reports sent through email from Studiometry
· Can now specify a compatible email client, or to send emails internally using SMTP for all outgoing mail, for all outgoing email
· Sending receipts, mass emails, invoices, and reports will now all follow the same outgoing email settings
· Can now sync with iCloud and MobileMe calendars in iCal
· Completely redesigned contact entry window
· Full customizable contact fields give you the ability to track any information related to contacts
· Can now add an unlimited number of text, date, and URL fields to a contact
· Can now associate contacts with multiple clients
· Can now have freestanding contacts that are not attached to any client
· Can now email invoices and reports through Postbox using the email button on Mac
· Will now save the sorted column and direction of many listboxes between launches
· Can now sort contacts by last log date
· Will now create a Tray Item when running on Windows operating systems
· Can now specify which categories appear in Data Rows and Data Columns in Invoice and Report templates
· Can now attach high-resolution images to templates that will produce high-resolution output when exporting to PDF
· Can now create Multi-Page invoice templates with an unlimited number of customizable pages
· Will now email or export PDFs by default when using appropriate toolbar buttons while viewing an invoice or report
· Can now add customizable Link Areas to invoice and report templates that are clickable when producing PDF output. Can be used with Paypal payment link formats.
· New option for template items to show or hide based on Invoice paid, due, overdue status
· New option for template items to show or hide based on client retainer status
· New option for template variable to show a percentage of its amount, commonly used for "50% due on receipt" amounts, etc
· New custom template variable format "Contact-(field name)" for new custom fields. For example "Contact-URL" will insert the URL custom field a generated invoice
· Added new template variables: ClientRetainerBalanceBeforeInvoice, ClientAmountDueBeforeThisInvoice
· Added new template variable: ItemRanTimeDateSpan (first date in ran times
· last date in ran times)
· Added new template variables: ContactFirstInitial, ContactLastInitial
· Can now prepend "CPI-" to custom invoice-related template variables to show information about the client's most recent previous invoice
· Can now prepend "PPI-" to custom invoice-related template variables to show information about the project's most recent previous invoice
· Can now create a customizable ID format for Reports
· Can now create a customizable ID format for Purchase Orders
· Will now show totals in Project's Invoices tab
· New filter for Overdue Invoices in main window's Invoices group
· Can use Project completion date as a filter for smart groups
· Can now assign a default currency to clients
· Can now merge contacts
· Improved compatibility with SSL SMTP email connections
· New option to show an icon next to variable items in invoice template editor to distinguish them from static text
· More drastic and periodic disconnected from server warnings
· Can now manually kick connected clients from the server in the Status window
· Will better deal with server connections when going into and out of sleep mode
· Users must now have permissions to edit payments as well as view rates in order to gain access to Contact billing information
· Will now automatically clean up the Connected User list periodically to better account for disconnected users
· Can now choose to sort clients in ascending or descending order in the main window based on name or ID
· Can now choose to sort projects in ascending or descending order in the main window based on name or ID
· Employee password entry is now entered via enter and repeat password fields
· Will now remember debt/credit list position and selection when reloading the list of items
· Will now correctly show the default page size for new templates when first loading the template info window
· Can now create contact logs for contacts linked to employees
· Can now correctly set Invoice ID start number when using per-client ID format
· Can now edit last invoice numbers for clients when the system is set to Per-Client invoice ID formats
· Can now cancel out of the Edit Last Invoice Numbers window without saving
· Maps and directions links within the program will now default to Google Maps
· Have moved all main window buttons to be left aligned to match standards
· Will now no longer show the drag bar when the notifications list and watch list area is hidden
· Can now color invoices and to dos in the calendar based on their associated client/project color
· Can now manually reorder employees in the Project People tab
· Can now print Gantt charts
· Can now create nested/dependent Gantt items in Stage Templates
· View All Gantt charts window will remember its position
· Will now show associated project names in View All Gantt charts window
· Can click on a project name in View All Gantt charts window access the associated project
· More prominent date display in Gantt chart
· Gantt charts will now by default scroll to the current date when possible
· Can now shrink the leftmost lists in the main window farther
· New Notifications toolbar button lets you toggle the notifications and watch list
· Added new Edit Menu Filter option to more easily access the Main Window search box using Command-F (or Control-F on Windows)
· Changed the keystroke to open the search window to Command-Shift-F (Control-Shift-F on Windows)
· Can see and manually control the grabbing of mail related to Mail Integration directly in the Status Window
· Can reorder Summary presets
· Will now also incorporate due time when checking for overdue To Dos
· Will now ask for confirmation when deleting a contact via contextual menu in the client's contacts list
· Will now warn when generating an invoice that somehow has a non billable item attached to it
· Fixed an issue where the Groups list would appear "scrolled" even though there weren't enough rows to require it to scroll
· In situations that require the Global password to be entered, Studiometry will now accept any entry as valid if the global password has not been set
· Added Go To Today button for calendar
· Fixed an issue where item sequential number would not correctly work for some invoice templates
· Fixed an issue where unattached To Dos would sometimes appear as non-live in the search window
· Fixed an issue with deleting some payments from the Payment tracker window
· Fixed an issue where the invoice total text at the bottom of the All Invoices section would sometime not appear
· The View Webpage button will now prepend http in necessary situations when entered URLs are not compatible
· Will now correctly prevent changing of selection when clicking on buttons in the client and project list
· Cleaned up the text of some notifications
· Duplicating Projects will now correctly link gantt and to do items for gantt dependencies
· Duplicating Projects will now also create duplicate stages for the new project
· Will now present the To Do editing window at the correct width instead of resizing it when it becomes active
· Will no longer show the Gantt linking box in the To Do editing window if there are no available Gantt items
· Address Book picker will now show a contact's company name when it is the only field available
· Address Book picker interface and behavior improvements
· Will now show tab counts by default
· Will no longer show vendors by default. Can be enabled by selecting Window Menu > View Options
· Will show a more descriptive message when a serial number is in use on multiple machines simultaneously on a network
· Will no longer include non-live projects in the View All Gantt charts window
· Will now correctly show content on the initial launch if a specific group type was selected
· Scrolling the Gantt charts using arrows or keys will correctly update all areas of the chart
· Made many areas of the program more keyboard-friendly
· Updated tooltips for several buttons throughout the program
· Double-clicking an item in the All or Clients group in the main window will no longer change groups
· Double-clicking an item from the Client's Projects list when viewing a smart group will correctly select the project
· New option in Status window to disable threading in certain areas of the program
· Video links within the program will now direct to our support site video pages
· Fixed an issue with the saving and loading of contact pictures
· Can now create sample invoices using the Generate Sample Data window
· Errors encountered will now show additional stack information
· No longer compatible with Studiometry Touch 1.5 and older. Please download the free compatibility update from the App Store
March 30th, 2011
· Can now manually order items for Reports with custom item sets
· Can now filter the Add Blueprint window with a search string
· Will now show a category breakdown of estimated compared to actual hours and amounts in the summary screen for projects with itemized estimates
· Can specify items as events in To Do suites
· Improved interface in To Do suite editing window
· Can now tab past the Extra Info field in the enter timesheet window
· Can now filter by item mode in view timesheet window
· Auto updating project statuses will now account for multi-project invoices that are associated with the project
· Selecting Manually Enter Hours will now prevent a new timer from starting when changing the timer type in the Debt/Credit editing window
· Will now better format the ID numbers for invoices when producing code based templates
· Will now cache the number of incomplete to dos for projects to allow for better performance on setups that have very large numbers of To Dos
· Now allows shorter time formats for custom times such as 1P or 1PM
· New Billing Settings option to enable or disable the surplus payment notifications and automatic addition to new invoices
· Will now ask for confirmation before adding surplus payments to a newly created invoice
· Will now ask for confirmation when attempting to delete payments in the payment tracker window and the invoices payments list
· Fixed order of priority in To Do suite priority list
· Checking a To Do as complete when it isn't selected will no longer scroll to the top of the list
· Will now correctly update the iCal syncing bar when the sync is complete
· Fixed display issue with extra box appearing in custom summary window
· Fixed typo in Debt/Credit category editing window's Notes tab
· Improved efficiency when saving or modifying watch lists
· Fixed an issue where hourly blueprints would not immediately calculate their total amount when created with a customized amount of hours
· Updated links throughout the program to direct to our new Knowledge Base
· Will now alert when the iCal calendar cannot be accessed when an attempt is made to sync with iCal
· Fixed an issue where flat-rate invoice adjustments would calculate as percentages
· Will now correctly put default rates into the Create Estimate wizard window when selecting hourly types
· Pasting in an hourly rate while editing a work item will now correctly calculate the total amount when saving or moving away from the field
· New To Do toolbar icon and menu option now takes selected item into account
· Fixed an issue with using special characters in Report template fields
· Fixed an issue where a default currency might not be selected when creating a new report
· Will no longer show time amounts for debts that have been changed from hourly to non-hourly types
· Larger Add blueprints window
· Will now immediately commit changes made to the database when archiving projects
· Added Accounted 3.x as a compatible syncing version in the System Syncing section
· Can now print the calendar view directly from the main window
February 8th, 2011
· New compatibility with cloud syncing services such as DropBox or Box.net for single-users
· New compatibility with cloud syncing services for multi-user setups that do not simultaneously run Studiometry
· New compatibility with cloud syncing services for individual users on multi-user networks to access non-live data from remote machines
· More cloud syncing details available here: http://support.oranged.net/index.php?pid=knowledgebase&cmd=viewentclient&id=157
· Can now specify the Data folder location, giving the ability to store and load Studiometry from a shared hard drive or other special locations
· For cloud syncing purposes, Studiometry will now alert you if the local database/settings files are in use by another copy of Studiometry
· Can now hold Option/Alt key to select the desired data folder location when launching Studiometry
· New Day view in calendar
· Can now sync items created in iCal's Studiometry calendar back into Studiometry as new events or to dos
· Can now delete To Dos and Events in iCal and they will be deleted in Studiometry as well (Studiometry must be running when the item is deleted or the deletion of the item is synced to iCal)
· Will now sync priorities for To Dos from iCal to Studiometry
· Will now automatically ask to apply old payments to new invoices if they haven't been used
· New options in Invoice adjustment window to add percentage based adjustments on subtotal, total, or amount due
· Can now mark To Dos as complete or incomplete directly in the Project Stage Requirements area of the Project planning tab
· Setting to use only business days for To Do suites will now use business days set in To Dos & Gantt section of preferences window
· Will now assign due dates for To Dos from suites based on days from the date added for each item in the suite, and not days from the item before it in the suite
· Can now change the associated client for a project that is attached to a missing or deleted client
· Project stages will no longer add items for non-week days in the Gantt charts
· Fixed an issue displaying the calendar when there were a large number of items on the same day
· Fixed issue with recurring items that have recurred multiple times since the last time Studiometry had been opened
· Will now show due, total, and received at the bottom of the invoices list
· Fixed minor display issue when printing main window invoice list
· Fixed an issue with extra boxes drawing multi-day calendar items on the weekly view when the item completes on a visible day before the visible hours of the calendar
· New option in setup wizard to select a data folder to load
· Will now correctly sync end times from iCal to Studiometry
· Will now show data-load location in loading window if it has been set to anything other than the default
· Will now properly summarize what will be synced when using the Sync Now button in the status window
· Fixed an issue with the online currency downloads and exchange rate updates
· Can now view data-load location in the Preferences Window > General section
· Can now display a larger number visual invoice and report templates without running into issues
December 13th, 2010
· Can now create groups and smart groups that include To Dos
· Can now filter Calendar view by Client or Project
· Can now modify Debt/Credit and Payment exchange rates in the Search window via Mass Edit
· Can now select specific employees for Project filters in smart groups
· Can now select Public/Non-Public for Project filters in smart groups
· New option to include unpaid invoices in Tax Reports
· Can now specify contact related fields when importing delimited clients to also import contact information for the default contact
· Will correctly show zero in Project Files tab counts when on a client machine connected to a server that has file sharing enabled
· Fixed an issue with the Check All box in the Address Book importing window
· Fixed an issue with the subject of emails when mailing visual reports
· Fixed an issue generating report and invoice template previews on certain databases
· Fixed an issue calculating total number of days for certain Gantt items when the user has set no valid weekdays
· Fixed an issue with hour display not properly calculating at the bottom of the Enter Timesheet window
· Changed wording of Date Filter for invoices section to include the word "Date"
· Will immediately update dependent Gantt items when using the plan editing window to change the date of an item
· Can now use the Group Edit button in the search window even if there is only one selected item
· Plan editing window will show correct end date based on your custom week days
· Will now automatically select an item when any group or type is selected in the main window
· Will now respect the Sync Contact Company Name setting when syncing to Address Book on Mac OS 10.5 or newer
· Will now save any text in the editing field when pressing OK in the Smart Group editing window
· Will now show incremental build version numbers in loading and about windows
· Will now remember multiple selections when reloading data in the To Dos list
· Will now immediately update standard group counts when items are deleted
· Can now correctly drag multiple To Dos simultaneously from To Do lists
· Fixed issue with special characters being stored in default report template fields
October 13th, 2010
· Adjustable visible hours for the weekly calendar view
· Will now remember the last selected calendar view mode between launches
· Several other tweaks and enhancements in the calendar
· Added Plain White calendar theme
· Added extra button for deleting project templates
· Added Select All button in Address Book import window
· Can now use SSL SMTP sockets when sending certain emails from Studiometry
· Fixed issue with display of some items in certain localizations in To Do editing window
· Fixed minor display issue in loading window
· Fixed an issue that could prevent modifying individual ran times from updating a timers total hours
· Removed some threading from the Calendar view to prevent a specific crash
September 28th, 2010
· Can now filter To Dos list by employee and completion status simultaneously
· Will now longer show rates and amounts in the Search window for employees that do not have permissions
· Can now clear date selection for filters in To Do and Invoice lists in the main window
· Can now delete items from the weekly calendar view
· Fixed an issue where the order of items in the Gantt chart would be incorrect when using Project Stages
· Fixed an issue with the Windows date selector sometimes having the third week in reverse order
· Fixed an issue with the attach information of To Dos not correctly appearing in the main window list
· Fixed an issue with the main window opening prematurely when syncing
September 7th, 2010
· Can now archive non-live Projects including their Debts, Invoices, and Reports
· Invoice Tracker is now integrated into the main window via a new Invoices group
· To Do Tracker is now integrated into the main window via a new To Dos group
· Calendars are now integrated into the main window via a new Calendars group
· New Payment Receipts feature lets you print or email a receipt to send to your clients
· New Billing Setting gives you the option to automatically email receipts to your clients when you create a new payment
· Can now view and edit GANTT Milestones in the main calendar view
· Added Microsoft Entourage support for sending Invoices and Reports on Mac
· Added Microsoft Outlook support for sending Invoices and Reports on Windows
· New controls for entering time amounts give you the option to enter times in HH:MM:SS format or in decimal format
· New To Do options in Preferences window allow you to set default due dates for new To Dos
· New To Do options in Preferences window allow you to set default employees related to signed in employee for new To Dos
· New To Do option allows you to set default Due Time for new To Dos
· Will now produce all pages when printing or exporting a visual invoice or report template with multiple pages
· New Debt/Credit Blueprints let you easily add common items to your projects and invoices
· Blueprints can be added to your Project Templates to automatically populate new projects with common work and expense items
· New To Dos & Gantt Section in Preferences window
· Can right-click on a Debt/Credit to create a new Blueprint from the item
· Several advancements have been made to the GANTT chart area
· Dependencies between GANTT items are now shown on the GANTT chart
· Can now set which days will be considered for the work week in the GANTT chart
· GANTT Items will now automatically consider work days and appropriately adjust their visible length
· GANTT Item names will now appear continuously even when scrolling far to the right in the GANTT area
· Changing the due date of GANTT items will now affect linked GANTT items
· Will now show an icon next to all GANTT items that are required for the current project stage
· Will now show an icon next to all GANTT items that are linked to To Dos
· New GANTT options to enable visual dependencies, auto-dependency updating, and several other options
· Revamped Group list and main project/client list interface
· Will now remember the last selection in the Groups list between launches of Studiometry
· Calendars will now dim out completed or paid items
· Can now select and delete multiple items simultaneously on the calendar
· New view options for calendar allow you to set week and day settings as well as themes
· Can now show time information for Events or To Dos in the monthly calendar view
· Items are now ordered on the monthly calendar based on their due time
· Can now specify an employee column when importing Debt/Credits from delimited text
· Can now enter a search string to search through invoices in the main window
· Can now pre-assign employees to To Do items in your project stage templates
· Can now add entire Project Templates to existing Projects using the Edit Project Stages window in the Project's Planning tab
· Made several interface enhancements in the Edit Project Stages window
· Project Stages are now alphabetized in most areas
· Can now maintain proportion when resizing items in the template editor by holding the shift key
· InvoiceOldestItemDate and InvoiceNewestItemDate variables added
· New cleaner, prettier, and easier to use Date Selector window
· Create New Timer toolbar button added
· New view options to show Vendors, Invoices, Calendars, and To Dos groups in the main window groups
· New Add Item from Blueprint button below Debt/Credit list, new toolbar button, and new project menu option
· Can now view and export plain text from the Summaries window
· Can now export directly to Excel from plain text custom summaries
· Can now create custom summaries of Invoiced and Uninvoiced items
· Added new "Open Projects" summary preset
· Several interface enhancements to the Custom Summaries window
· Will now show Project ID numbers in the invoice editing window for Multi-Project invoices if your main window is set to show Project ID numbers
· Can now resize the columns in the Invoice Editing window's debt list
· Will now confirm deletion of tax types and currencies in preferences window
· When generating an invoice or report, specs with the initial ellipses will be considered blank
· New totals bar under Vendored Items list for vendors
· More consistent naming of Invoice and Report viewing windows for printing purposes
· Selecting an employee from the Employees menu will now automatically select that employee in the employee login window
· Clicking on the rules list while editing text in a smart group rule will now first save the text before changing focus
· Can no longer drag item types into groups that will not actually be part of the group
· Payment tracker is no longer the default parent window of payment editing windows
· Fixed a crash in the Invoice Tracker caused by reloading the list before it was finished loading
· Fixed a crash in the Calendar window caused by reloading the list before it was finished loading
· Will now show Project ID in project summary tab
· Will now include total when printing Invoice Tracker
· Will no longer go to the next page when printing the Invoice Tracker and the amount of invoices exactly fits onto the current page
· Changed Invoice Tracker window to Invoice Management window for remaining sections
· When creating a new project and specifying a start date, will now use the date when creating a To Do suite with the project
· Preferences window enlarged to show more information simultaneously
· Hours and Rate fields will now automatically select all when gaining focus to allow for quicker editing
· Fixed an issue in the enter timesheet window that wouldn't allow you to edit the hours for certain entries that previously had custom start and stop times
· Fixed an issue with converting times ending in a repeating decimal to HH:MM:SS format
· Fixed an issue with the calendar that wouldn't allow you to select any dates in the bottom row of months with 6 rows
· Fixed an issue with sorting projects by ID numbers with certain formats
· Fixed an issue that could cause some servers to only accept 20 simultaneous connections
· Fixed an issue on launch that could cause some of the items in the accounting window to load as if they were attached to a client
· Replaced icons in the search window to make category types more obvious
· Reworded "Ignore Saved Time Intervals" checkbox to "Manually Enter Total Hours" to make it less confusing
· Will now automatically select the Total hours field after checking the Manually Enter Total Hours checkbox
· When sorting columns by dates, Studiometry will now show items without dates last
· Will now show version, database version, and networking version numbers in the initial loading window
· Can now hold the control key on launch to prevent syncing with Address Book and iCal
· Can sync with Studiometry Touch 1.1 to incorporate several of the new features
· Added several new icons and visual cues throughout the program
· New and improved icons for almost every part of the program
· New program icon
July 7th, 2010
· Added a new Catalan localization.
Can now show Client ID numbers in the main window's client list Version 7.1.3:
· Can now sort Clients by their ID numbers in the main window's client list
· Fixed an issue with Project and Client statuses and categories not being selectable as a filter in the Custom Summary window
· Fixed an issue with crashes caused in the invoice tracker
· Fixed an issue with some invoices showing up with incorrect amounts due in the invoice tracker due to multiple currencies being used
May 26th, 2010
· Added a new option to have Studiometry automatically fix duplicate IDs for clients and projects
· Can now choose a specific project to associate with each Payment
· Can now delete Debt/Credit categories directly within the Preferences window
· Made several changes to the interface of the Debt/Credit category window
· Marking a Gantt item as completed in the plan editing window can now correctly advance project stages
· Fixed an issue with DebtCategoryNotes tag not working properly
· Fixed an issue preventing some categories from being reordered
· When creating an event in the calendar, the End Date will default to the selected date instead of the current date
April 22nd, 2010
· Added ReportTotalHours and ReportTotalHoursFormatted variables
· Fixed an issue that could cause a crash on the server when syncing from a machine while the server is at the initial login screen
· Fixed an issue with the DefaultCurrency not correctly loading on some machines
· Fixed an issue with the Debt/Credit creation window not working correctly if there is no assigned default currency
· Fixed a display issue with debt specific taxes not correctly showing when they're applied to an item in the debt editing window
· Fixed some issues with seemingly random crashes introduced for some users with 7.1
April 13th, 2010
· Can now have multiple addresses, emails, and phone numbers for contacts
· Employees, categories, taxes, and currencies will now be saved to the Database instead of the preferences file
· Filter in the main window now also searches ID numbers
· Will no longer show estimated, non-billable, or purchase order items in the Project Summary debt types charts
· Changes made to employees, categories, taxes, and currencies are now saved instantly
· Better display of contacts in main window contacts list
· Will now save the last selected tab in the Invoice Tracker
· Text in the View Notification and Send Notification window will now properly wrap
· Greatly improved speed and performance of many aspects of the server code
· Fixed an issue with timers syncing incorrectly over a network
· Fixed an issue converting between two currencies that are not the set Default currency
· Fixed an issue with time sheet entries with start/stop times not immediately calculating total amounts
· Fixed an output issue with certain ran time variables
· Greatly improved speed when changing clients and reloading data in the main window for users with in excess of 20,000 debts
January 15th, 2010
· Several performance updates related to accessing the database
· Will no longer include tax amounts for non-billable items in the Project Summary totals
· Can now show Invoice subtotals and tax amount in custom summaries
· Can now sort Projects in custom summaries by deadline, start date, and completed date
· Can now show Project's deadline, start date, and completed date as fields in custom summaries
· Can now create a custom summary of Non-Billable debt/credits
· Fixed an issue with Canadian date formats not being recognized
· Fixed an issue where you could not change the custom Address Book group name
· New specname variable allows you to put spec names into templates using custom variables
· Will now notify the user of the new Notifications feature when attempting to access the old Alerts window
· Can now tab to the Completed checkbox in the To Do editing window
· Can now tab to the Extra Info field in the work editing window
· Pressing the Generate button while editing new invoices and reports will no longer bring up the save confirmation window
December 1st, 2009
· Will now show Client and Project IDs in the Running Timer window and To Do tracker and several other locations
· Will now include the Date column when exporting from the View Timesheet window
· Will now show the invoice's paid date for the Date information in a Payment Data Row's retainer payment line
· Can now enter carriage returns into Invoice notes field
· Changed the title of invoice and report viewing windows to produce better output when printing
· Can now have multi-line descriptions in the custom retainer adjustment window
· Should no longer crash on Mac OS 10.3 when resizing the client and project list vertically
· Will now automatically disable the Report Field content box if no field is selected
· Will now show the correct project file count in the Files tab if file serving is turned on
· Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being deleted in the View Timesheet window
· Fixed an issue where selecting a To Do or Spec Suite could potentially cause the New Project button to not work correctly
· Fixed a display issue where visual report template preview would not load if you had no visual invoice templates in your system
· Updated German localization
October 14th, 2009
· Will now show retainer payment activity for invoices in the Payments data row area.
· You must now click and checkbox to confirm that you want to delete a client or Project.
· Will now show the client/project deletion window when deleting items from the search window.
· Improved several common functions to ensure they do not cause issues with specific data files.
· Changing the name of a visual template will now update the name of the template throughout the program immediately.
· Changed the title of invoice and report viewing windows to produce better output when printing.
· Can now print project specs directly from the Project Spec tab.
· Fixed a problem syncing Payments to Accounted.
· Fixed a couple of print issues with the Project Info section when there are no project specs available.
· Fixed an issue with date selectors not correctly selecting items on Windows machines.
· Fixed a display issue with the Corner Arc box of rounded rectangles in the template editor.
· Fixed an issue where project templates might not immediately update over the network.
· Fixed an issue with modifying project templates and groups on a server machine.
September 21st, 2009
· New server feature lets administrators force the entire database from the server to client machines.
· New Hourly and Non-Hourly Data Rows allow you to sort items by type on a visual invoice and report template.
· New template tags: HourlyTotal, NonHourlyTotal, HourlyTotalNoCur, NonHourlyTotalNoCur.
· The New Running Timer window has been reworked and improved.
· Will now show Project ID when printing the Project Info tab.
· To Dos are now included in the printed output of the Project Info tab.
· Will now correctly put the file extensions onto files generated from code-based report templates.
· Will automatically insert the Debt/Credit's date into a New Ran Time window.
· Will now automatically update the total when editing a Ran Time.
· Can now use Delete key to remove items in more locations.
· Will now remove the Debt/Credit item over the network as well when converting a Debt/Credit to a Payment.
· Fixed an issue with selecting code-based report templates from the Visual Template preview selector.
· Fixed small display issues in the notifications list.
September 9th, 2009
· Can now change what Client a Contact is associated with when editing the contact.
· Can now delete Ran Times from the list of times when manually entering a new item with multiple ran times.
· Fixed an issues for some Windows machines where the Main Window might not appear.
· Fixed an issue with the trial expiring prematurely if you quit from the setup window.
· Will now correctly load the main window when canceling a connection in the Server Connect window for the first time.
· Several other small tweaks and updates.
September 1st, 2009
· New Project Stages feature lets you set stages of a Project from start to finish
· Project Templates now incorporate Stage Information, To Do information, and Spec Information and can be edited in the Preferences Window
· Stage Templates, which can be added as a stage to any Project or Project Template, allow you to setup several nested To Dos and GANTT chart items that will be automatically added to the Project when adding the Stage Template
· Project Stages can be automatically updated based on completed To Dos and completed GANTT chart items
· GANTT chart items can now have their completion status automatically calculated based on linked To Dos
· New GANTT chart feature allows you to extend all items (or delay) on or after a specific date when an item is not completed on time
· New Groups feature allows you to better organize your Clients and Projects in the Main Window
· Employees can view, share, and edit Groups over your Studiometry network
· Smart groups, like Smart Playlists in iTunes, give you the ability to create criteria for automatically updating groups of Clients and Projects
· Moderators can manage, edit, and delete all groups
· Moderators can Assign groups to other Employees
· Can now apply payments to multiple Invoices
· New Notifications system will alert each employee when important events occur
· Notifications setting window allows each employee to specify which types of notifications they want
· Messages can be sent to employees or groups of employees using the new notifications system
· Reply button allows you to easily respond to an employee regarding a notification
· New Watch List feature lets you to drag and drop any item to easily access the item and track certain aspects of it
· Each employee can track and manage their own watch list
· Watch Lists Notifications allows employees to be notified when any item is updated or deleted
· View settings allow you to specify which fields are shown for each item type in your watch list
· New Group Edit Function in Search Window lets you mass edit items of the same class simultaneously
· New Employee Permission for Group Editing capabilities
· Studiometry networks are now capable of handing machines with multiple date/time/number formats
· New setup wizard will help setup basic information on the first launch of Studiometry
· New Safe Sync option for Studiometry servers will make a more comprehensive (but slow) sync when initially connecting to ensure all data is exactly synced between the items
· New Quick Sync option for Studiometry servers will make the very first sync from a client machine much faster by copying the database file instead of sending over individual items
· Server machine will now perform much quicker when receiving large amounts of data when a client machine connects
· Major improvements to template editor
· Merged the template editor and item properties window into one window
· New data row type for Payments lets you list out specific payment information for an Invoice
· New miniature previews of invoice and report templates in several areas help you pick out specific templates visually
· Can now edit more attributes simultaneously when multiple similar items are selected in the Template Editor
· Template editor will now respond much quicker when dragging items
· Template editor will now save transparency information for PNG images when saving and loading the image
· Template editor will now save all embedded images to higher-quality PNG format
· Will now save Invoice and Report output as high quality PNG files
· Will now use high quality PNG files for visual template Mail button on Mac
· Will better name file that are attached to emails using the visual templates on Mac
· Template editor will now more consistently recognize key presses
· File Save in the Template Editor will now save the current template instead of all Studiometry Data
· Several new default templates added (can be added to existing data in the Templates section of the preferences window)
· Will now link to related training movies from within Studiometry
· Can now preview Invoices with visual templates directly within the Invoice Editing window
· Can now preview Reports with visual templates directly within the Report Editing window
· Can now double click to view and edit Debt/Credits directly in the Invoice Editing window
· Can now double click to view and edit Debt/Credits directly in the Report Editing window
· New global option for Invoice overdue alerts replaces individual settings for alerts and removes unneeded clicks when creating Invoices
· New global option for To Do overdue alerts replaces individual settings for alerts and removes unneeded clicks when creating To Dos
· Will now show the selected Client and or Project in an area near the top of the main window
· New interface for navigating between different sections of Client/Project information in the main window
· Split the Output tab into two separate sections to make navigating easier
· Main window search box is now much more intuitive
· Will now show INV in the work tab for items that have been added to an invoice but not yet paid
· Will now show item attached information in Debt/Credit, Invoice, Report, Planning, Contact Log, and Contact editing windows
· Updated method for showing attached information in To Do editing window will show more detailed information
· Revamped Main Window interface
· New totals bar and shortcuts bar at bottom of Client and Project info tabs
· New Create Invoice For Client window can be accessed from client shortcut bar
· New Create Estimate Wizard can be accessed from client or project shortcut bar
· Revamped the Preferences Window interface
· Revamped the New Project window interface
· Revamped the New Running Timer window interface
· Revamped the Enter Time Sheet window interface
· Revamped the New Debt/Credit Type window interface
· Revamped Login Window interfaces
· Revamped To Do, Invoice, Payment, and Contact Log Tracker interfaces
· Revamped View Time Sheet window
· Revamped Search Window Interface
· Revamped Invoice Adjustment Window Interface
· Revamped Automated Invoice Schedule editing interface
· Revamped Debt/Credit Editing window
· Revamped Invoice Editing Window interface
· Revamped Report Editing Window interface
· Revamped To Do Editing window interface
· Revamped Payment Editing window interface
· Can now add more than one flexible space to the main window toolbar (Mac OS X only)
· No longer requires multiple licenses to use the multiple-company features: http://bit.ly/15mMzy
· Duplicate ID warning information will now all appear in one window that does not prevent background processes from being performed
· New Main Window View Options window give you control over many settings
· Will now hide Total column in Work tab from employees that do not have View Rates permission enabled
· Easily view group totals in the group list
· Can now enter a new IP address to connect to directly in the Server Connection window
· Server Connection window will now automatically detect Studiometry servers on the local network
· Can now manually resize the width of the Client/Project list
· New Overview section in Search Window shows you how many items are in the database regardless of employee permissions
· Removed the old Alerts feature and merged the functionality with the new Notification features
· Can now manually sync individual items over your Studiometry network using the search window
· New server function to wipe all current notifications
· New setting in Preferences Window > Display section allows you to specify either Notification count or Timer count to be shown in the Dock
· New Text Size option in Display Settings Window lets you choose a font size for many of the controls in Studiometry
· Network syncing will now be more comprehensive when initially logging in to help prevent sync issues
· New Employee permission to edit their own as well as other employee notification settings
· New Employee permission to for option to receive Global Notifications
· New Employee permission to edit other Employee's notification settings
· New Employee permissions to send custom and company wide notifications
· New Employee permissions to assign groups to other Employees and delete other Employees' groups
· Can now enter authentication information for SMTP servers that require authentication
· Will now give more descriptive error messages when there is a problem sending emails through Studiometry
· Will now include retainer payments in project balance calculations
· Will now give a message when there are no GANTT items in a Projects GANTT chart explaining how to use the GANTT chart
· Will now show Server IP address in server connect window
· New column for Client in Uninvoiced Items section of Invoice Tracker
· Can resize columns in Invoice Tracker ID and Uninvoiced Items sections as well as the View Timesheet window
· Can now easily import Clients from Address Book using the File Menu > Import option
· Can now enter a rate directly into the New Running Timer window
· Will no longer consider the currently selected Project or Client updated when modifying categories in the Preferences window
· Will now ensure recurring debts create the items for intended recur dates even when Studiometry has not been opened for days after the item should have recurred
· Will now always have a selection in the Client field of the New Project window
· Checks for recurred, scheduled, and overdue items will now only occur on the server machine to improve performance and reduce the possibility of duplicates
· Fixed a display issue in the Custom Summary window that would show the incorrect title for Project Summaries
· Fixed an update issue where reloading the Client/Project list would not update the scrollbar
· New ProjectStage tag for Invoice and Report templates
· New ItemHourRateIfHourly and ItemHourRateIfHourlyNoCur tag for Invoice and Report templates
· New ProjectBalance and ProjectBalanceNoCur tags for Invoice and Report templates
· Can now use command key to select additional items in template editor
· Can now use Delete key to remove items from Client/Projects list
· New ItemProjectForPONumber tag for Invoice and Report templates
· New Payment tags for Invoice and Report templates: PaymentAmountForThisInvoice, PaymentTotalAmount, PaymentDescription, PaymentDate, PaymentMethod
· Added PaymentOtherField1 to PaymentOtherField5 as available fields for Payment data rows
· Added several variables for putting ran-time info into debt/credit data rows: ItemRanTimeInfo, ItemRanTimeInfoExtended, ItemRanTimeInfoNoDates, ItemRanTimeInfoStartDate
· The ID format section of the Preferences window will now recognize longer tags for the ID numbers (PPPP will be recognized for P) and not show a warning for the format
· Invoice Paid date field is now disabled in the editing window until the Paid checkbox has been checked
· Will now show recurring debt/credits at the top of the list when first loaded
· Will now show recurring amounts in gray in the Debt/Credits list to distinguish them from normal debt/credits
· New File Menu > Suites section allows you to directly edit To Do and Spec suites
· New option in Tax Report export to include Invoice or Debt/Credit totals as well as their tax amounts
· Status Item mode will now default to Projects if nothing is selected
· Using only arrow keys to move items in template editor will cause it to ask for a save on close
· Will now automatically set a default report template on new machines
· The window that asks for recur amounts will now automatically format all numbers with two decimal places
· Will no longer show end date/time in search window for To Dos that are not events
· Will now correctly import the amount quoted field in the Project Delimited text import
· Since toolbars on Windows do not support spaces, flexible spaces will now be replaced with a simple separator on Windows
· Will show warnings in several windows if Studiometry cannot write an export file to a specified locaiton
July 20th, 2009
· New option for tax calculation rounding calculation settings in the Preferences Window Taxes section will allow users to set the rounding modes
· Fixes an issue with the Client/Project list not initially loading without a refresh on client machines connecting to servers with specific setups
· Fixed a spelling mistake with the ItemInfoQuantityOrHours tag
June 30th, 2009
· Can now filter To Do tracker by specific Employees.
· Can now filter To Do tracker by dates.
· Filtering by a Client or Project in the To Do tracker will now automatically select that item when creating a new To Do from the To Do tracker.
· Will now ensure recurring debts create the items for intended recur dates even when Studiometry has not been opened for days after the item should have recurred.
· Changed the handling of tax numbers to prevent issues with certain International Formats.
· Will now by default always select an hourly timer type when using the Status Item and selecting New Running Timer for a Project.
· Will no longer give a permissions warning when you try to quit Studiometry via the dock when Studiometry is not the active application and an employee without permissions to edit projects is logged in and has a project selected.
· Will no longer keep specific windows open when switching between employees on the same machine by quitting Studiometry and relaunching and logging in as the other employee.
· Will no longer by default show the Client's default contact to for Invoices and Reports that have saved a selected Contact To.
· Can no longer delete Debt/Credits from the main window if you do not have permission to Edit Debt/Credits.
· Fixed an issue with rounding not working correctly for some specific numbers.
June 1st, 2009
· Will now show more detailed codes when you attempt to perform an action that the current employee does not have permissions for.
· Will now remember the last setting for starting the timer when creating new Debt/Credits via the Debt/Credit editing window.
· Pressing cancel on the Duplicate ID warning window will stop the entire checking process.
· Will no longer allow you to press OK in the Duplicate ID warning window if both items show Identical IDs.
· Will now show a warning in the Preferences window if you enter an ID format that could create duplicate IDs.
· Fixed an issue where some individual users with specific settings could not get the Ask For Password on Launch checkbox to work correctly.
· Fixed an issue where an Invoice couldn't be made for a client that only had one work item in certain situations.
May 20th, 2009
· Reworked the behavior of a server machine when opening to prevent flickering of the main window on launch if a password is required.
· Will now display the number of successfully imported items when using the Delimited Text import functions.
· Large speed increase when moving between Projects on data files with a large number of Invoices.
· Optimized code in un-invoiced items list to load faster for users with large amounts of invoices.
· Optimized code for creating automated Invoices for Projects when a large amount of Invoices are present.
· Optimized code for creating new invoices and editing existing invoices to load the list of items much quicker.
· Fixed an issue that could cause an error when attempting to import Debt/Credits with the Delimited Text import.
· Fixed a minor display issue that could show two different projects for the same item in the Enter Time Sheet window under specific circumstances.
· Will now force you to select a category for Invoice Adjustments.
· Will now warn when no template is selected when attempting to generate Reports and Invoices in their respective editing windows.
· Made a few changes to the registration process to prevent issues with specific names.
May 13th, 2009
· Can now use the contextual menu to paste debt/credits in the main window when no debt/credits are selected.
· Changed the behavior when initially launching to make for more consistent window opening and fix a display issue.
May 7th, 2009
· Can now access System Syncing options in preferences window on Windows machines to change Accounted syncing settings.
· Can now specify what each item will be attached to when importing delimited text.
· Can now check or uncheck individual rows to import when using the Delimited Text import window.
· Can now imported attached items to multiple parents via the Delimited Text import window.
· Now gives the choice to delete the original To Do when converting To Dos to Debt/Credits.
· Will now correctly log in as Default employee when selected on machines that have deleted the original default employee.
· Fixed an issue with the TaxName tag in data rows in visual report templates.
April 15th, 2009
· New option in Preferences Window > Billing Section allows you to turn of the default selection of Create Payment box when marking an invoice as paid.
· New MarkupTotalAmount and MarkupTotalAmountNoCur tags show the total amount of all markups on an invoice or report.
· New ItemMarkupTotal and ItemMarkupTotalNoCur shows the total markup amount for a specific item.
· Will now check the Project Purchase Order Number field when searching in the searching window.
· Will now make the Recur Amount field in the Debt/Credit editing window negative if the recur creation type is a discount type.
· Interface tweaks in Invoice Adjustment window.
· Fixed an issue with TaxAmount and TaxAmountNoCur tags not correctly processing on Visual Invoice Templates.
· Made minor changes to the serial number checking functions.
· Can now be automatically restarted daily with Studiometry Server Monitor 1.0.1.
April 6th, 2009
· Will now use smarter date parsing in many parts of the program to prevent years from appearing as 0009, for example.
· Will now correctly load items that have incorrectly formatted dates in them.
· Can now sync with Accounted 2.0.
· iCal syncing is now threaded and will no longer freeze the app temporarily for users with large amounts of synced data.
· Will now copy Next Step information into the Extra Info field when converting a Project's To Do to a Debt/Credit.
· Will now copy employee information to a Debt/Credit when converting from a To Do if there is only one employee applied to the To Do.
· New option to hide XML error alerts.
· New option in the Preferences Window System Syncing section to select which version of Accounted you'd like to sync with.
· Will no longer sync to iCal on a 10.5 machine when a periodic save occurs, this will result in better performance.
· Status window is now resizable.
· Status window now displays System Syncing information.
· New button in Status window allows you to manually sync all information into iCal.
· Changed the behavior of several settings in the Preferences window to prevent unintended updating of items over the network.
· Will now show Project ID number in Summary filter windows.
· Will now show Client ID number in Summary filter windows.
· Will now immediately show updates made over the network to the selected client in the main window.
· Will now immediately show updates made over the network to Live/Non-Live status of Projects.
· Will now immediately show updates made over the network to Color, Statuses, Categories, and Currencies of Projects.
· Will now log any XML exceptions and Unhandled Exceptions into the Status window.
· Will now show warning in main window when the current logged in employee doesn't have permissions to change vendor settings.
· Made the warning in the Client/Project delete confirmation window larger and more obnoxious.
· Fixed an issue where TaxAmount and TaxAmountNoCur tags wouldn't correctly process on Code Based Report templates.
· Can now more easily delete Debt/Credit categories that may have become corrupt.
· Changed the built in XML template to have matching capitalization in the TaxAmount tags.
March 4th, 2009
· New option in Preferences Window Billing section to Include Taxes by default when creating new Reports.
· Will now highlight the built in (cannot be deleted) Debt/Credit types in the Categories list.
· Can now enter negative amounts for markups in the Debt/Credit Calculate Total section.
· Will show Debt/Credit names on Tax Report exports if individual Debt/Credits are shown.
· Can now select the output currency in the Tax Report section of the Accounting window.
· New Template variable ItemTaxTotal and ItemTaxTotalNoCur will show the total of all taxes for the specific item.
· New ItemCategoryNotes and ItemCategoryProjectNotes used for getting category notes when not using the DebtCategories tags.
· Added "E" tag to ID formats, will insert the last digit of the current year.
· Will now save the settings for Page Setup for Visual Invoices and Reports between launches.
· Can now create Payments with negative amounts.
· Fixed an issue with DebtCategoryHoursDetailed not showing the correct amount of decimal places.
· Fixed an issue causing the Project's default Status and Categories to not be applied when creating a new Project.
· The Page Setup settings will now stick if you edit it multiple times in the same Invoice Preview window.
· Greatly improved speed of To Do Tracker for users that enter large descriptions into the To Do's extra info field.
· Changed the built in XML template to have matching capitalization in the TaxName tags.
February 17th, 2009
· Can now create Percentage or Fixed amount Discounts and Fees for Invoices.
· Will now show Multi-Project Invoices in the Invoice section of all associated Projects.
· Can now export the information in the Search Window.
· Can now use the ItemSequentialNumber variable within Data Rows.
· Can now enter up to 6 decimal spaces into the Fixed Per Unit Markup field in the Debt/Credit window.
· Can now modify the font and text size in custom summary window.
· Can now manually reorder the Debt/Credits in the Invoice Editing window.
· New options in the Accounting window allow you to create Tax Reports based on Debt/Credits in addition to Invoices.
· Can now have negative (discount) recurring items.
· New ItemInfoUnitPriceOrRate tag will show unit price if calculated, rate if hourly, or be blank if neither.
· New iItemInfoQuantityOrHours tag will show quantity if calculated, hours if hourly, or be blank if neither.
· New ItemHoursDetailed, DebtCategoryHoursDetailed tag will show item hours to four decimal spaces.
· New option to filter or leave in potentially problematic characters in Delimited Text imports.
· Project Total Hour calculations will no longer include Estimated Mode Debt/Credits.
· Will now properly display the correct month calculations when first loading the Accounting window.
· Several behavior tweaks with the Debt/Credit Calculate total interface.
· Fixed an issue causing the Vendor Unit Price to sometimes appear with too many decimal spaces.
· Fixed an issue that could prevent custom delimiters to be entered into the Delimited Text Import window.
· Fixed an issue with text qualifiers in the Delimited Text Import window.
· Can now turn off the error warnings. This can be modified in the Status Window or by pressing the Don't Show Again button when a warning appears.
· Changed several default settings for new users.
· Changed layout of Duplicate ID warning window to allow longer Project and Client names.
· Filtered out more characters that cause issues with XML data syncing over the network.
· Will now give more detailed information when XML data does not correctly load from the preferences file or over the network.
· Will now show "Finalizing" when finishing a network sync with the server, instead of showing "Receiving 101/100" for example.
· Several other updates and tweaks.
· New Icelandic Localization.
January 26th, 2009
· Huge speed increase when loading very large lists of sorted items in several areas of the application.
· New Retainer Capabilities for Clients.
· Invoices can be Paid from Retainers now in addition to Payments.
· Payments can be applied to a Client's Retainer.
· New ability to add Custom Retainer Adjustments.
· New Vendor Capabilities.
· Can convert old Clients to Vendors.
· Added new Employee permissions for Creating, Editing, and Viewing Vendors as well as permissions to assign items to Vendors.
· Added many new Vendor related tags for Report Templates.
· New Per-Employee view options for main window allow you to view Vendors in the main list along with Clients and Projects.
· Can now enter Start and Stop times instead of just hourly totals in the New Timesheet Window.
· Can now view Client and Project ID numbers in the New Timesheet Window.
· Can now choose to have Studiometry automatically generate a new Project ID number based on your settings when duplicating projects.
· Can now generate large amounts of sample data for testing purposes. Use the File Menu > Data Management > Generate Sample Data menu option.
· Can now duplicate Debt/Credits in the Work tab via the contextual menu.
· Can now copy, paste, and delete multiple Debt/Credits simultaneously in the Work tab.
· Can now select the Debt/Credit modes that will appear on Custom Summaries.
· Can now display Debt/Credit extra info field in custom summaries.
· Can now display the Mode of Debt/Credits in custom summaries.
· Can now change the mode of multiple Debt/Credits simultaneously using the contextual menu in the Work tab.
· Invoice Tracker is now threaded and will respond much quicker when loading the Invoice list.
· Greatly improved speed of Items Awaiting Invoice section for users with large amounts of Debt/Credits that are already associated with invoices.
· Can now enter separate Total and Tax Total amounts when creating an invoice totaled by a specified amount.
· Search window will now include the Contact Notes field in searches.
· New section in Search window for Vendors.
· Newly redesign item calculation gives you more control over Markup, Vendor information, and quantity.
· New Retainer Tags: ClientRetainerBalance, ClientRetainerDesiredMax, ClientRetainerBalanceMaxDifference, ClientRetainerBalanceMaxDifferenceInverted.
· New Item Vendor Information Tags: ItemVendor, ItemVendorID tags.
· New ItemVendorUnitPrice, ItemVendorUnitPriceNoCur, ItemVendorTotal, ItemVendorTotalNoCur tags give additional capabilities for creating purchase orders and tracking costs.
· New ItemHoursIfHourly tag will show the hours for the item if it is an hourly type or it will be blank if the item is not hourly (ItemHours will show 0.00 if the item is not hourly).
· New ItemAmountWithTax and ItemAmountWithTaxNoCur variables.
· New ClientBalanceWithRetainer tag will now also include Retainer balance in calculation.
· InvoiceTotalDue tag and InvoiceAmountReceived tag will now take into account any amounts taken from the Client's Retainer.
· New InvoiceAmountPaidFromRetainer, InvoiceAmountPaidFromRetainerNoCur, InvoiceReceivedFromPayments, InvoiceReceivedFromPaymentsNoCur tags.
· Can now Markup items on a Fixed Per Unit amount as well.
· Can now Markup items on a Fixed On Total amount as well.
· New Markup Related Tags ItemMarkupFPU, ItemMarkupFOT.
· Will now instantly refresh the Category lists in the Preferences window if it is open when updated over the network.
· Will now show a Taxes column for tax totals for individual items when editing Reports.
· New option to disable the warning when manually changing Debt/Credit types.
· Will more frequently check for Paid Invoices based on the Mark Invoice as Paid when Total Equals Zero option.
· Will now create items quicker when pressing the OK button in the Time Sheet window.
· Will no longer recreate the Address Book group when closing the Preferences Window.
· Visual Invoice Template Windows will now use the Leopard toolbars.
· Main window will no longer flicker once or twice when first loading the toolbars.
· Can now print the Calendar window, To Do tracker, Invoice Tracker, and View Timesheet window on Windows.
· Will have more consistent window opening behavior when first launching Studiometry.
· Will now correctly update invoices across the network that have been automatically marked as paid.
· Fixed an issue where code based templates may not print all pages when printing from within the program.
· Using the Subtotal tag on a report will now show the Report's Subtotal without taxes instead of the Projects Subtotal.
· Changing the naming conventions for code based invoices.
· Removed the Save PDF and Save Image buttons from the Code Based Invoice preview. These can now be done via the options in the Print Window.
· Will now automatically sync inventories on every connect to ensure the most up to date information is on all machines.
· Will now automatically update the main window Project list when moving a Project to another Client.
· Will now explain where the amount for Recurring items is entered in the Basic Info section of the New Debt/Credit Window.
· Properly labels Taxes with Value data row in the top when editing.
· Fixed an issue with Report category totals showing or not showing up at incorrect times in Data Rows.
· When formatting numbers in fields that are allowed to go past two decimal places, Studiometry will make sure the number shows at least two zero decimal places.
· Will now automatically update all Debt/Credit categories over the networking when reordering the items.
· Made a few back end changes to reduce the chances that you'll have duplicate template files deleted in rare situations.
· Will now correctly encode all strings when syncing over a network.
· Will correctly disable the amount field when the Mark-Up checkbox is checked in the edit Debt/Credit window.
· Will now beep and bring any sheet windows to the front if you attempt to quit with a window open.
· Will no longer reset the selection or reset a search term when activating the main window when there is no selection.
· Will now show "Restricted" text when areas are invisible in the Debt/Credit window due to Employee permissions.
· Will now center Client and Project Info section controls when resizing the main window.
· Will now check for invalid XML characters when syncing certain items over the network to prevent rare errors related to characters in code based templates.
· Will now more correctly display certain characters in the in Program Preview when editing code based templates.
· Will now show amount due in addition to Grand Total of Invoices in the Project's Invoice list.
· Will now immediately update the Project Specs list when someone is editing the Specs over the network.
· Will now immediately update the Project Taxes list when someone is editing the tax settings over the network.
· Will now immediately update the amount due in the Invoice window when deleting payments associated with the current Invoice.
· Will now immediately sync category colors over the network when changed.
· Will now immediately save Code Based templates to file when saved to the server machine over the network.
· Will no longer update a Project across the network when Auto-Update status is turned on but the status update check did not change the Project's Status.
· Will now automatically check "Require Password" for the employees section if you set a machine to be the server and the require password for networking selection is checked.
· Will now automatically clear the Project Spec's default text when editing it for the first time.
· Can no longer sort the boxes in the Project People tab (they will always load in alphabetical order).
· Fixed an issue with re-ordering Project Specs not immediately saving.
· Fixed an issue with opening certain windows on launch that could cause the main window to draw incorrectly.
· Fixed a button behavior issue when trying to cancel connecting to a server.
· Fixed an issue with certain contextual menus not working correctly in some Localizations.
· Fixed an issue that could cause certain characters to appear incorrectly until relaunching Studiometry when importing from delimited text.
· Fixed an issue with timers not correctly saving their paused status if their total time and amount hasn't changed since the last time the timer was paused.
· Fixed an issue that could prevent the user from changing the local setting for a Project's Served Files folder.
· Fixed an issue that could prevent the Quit button from correctly working in the Employee Select window.
· Fixed an issue that could cause quick multiple changes made to Project tax settings to not immediately sync over the network.
· Fixed an issue with the GANTT chart controls appearing in the main window when the chart is not visible.
· Fixed a potential crash caused by opening the calendar select window in a sheet window and then closing the sheet window before selecting a date from the calendar.
· New database version control capabilities will warn you when the database will be updated or when you are attempting to load a database that may be incompatible with your current version.
· Updated several links to the help documentation website.
· Added new built in Purchase Order visual Report template.
· Updated several of the built in Templates. To update your template simply select Insert Default from the Invoices/Reports section of the Preferences window and select the template you'd like to update.
· Toolbars will no longer flicker when updating.
· Many other updates, tweaks, changes, and fixes.
November 5th, 2008
· Speed improvements loading main Window Output section.
· Speed improvements loading main Window Work section.
· Speed improvements loading main Window Planning section.
· Fixed an issue where some Employees were not able to create new Debt/Credits using the work tab.
October 29th, 2008
· Completely redone permissions section of Employee editing window.
· Can now copy Employee permissions between employees to make for easier editing.
· Added new modifiable permissions for Viewing and Editing Other Employee's Debt/Credits.
· Added new modifiable permission for Viewing the Project Summary Tab (will no longer be calculated based on other permissions).
· Added specific permission setting for viewing other Employees' Projects.
· Added specific permission setting for viewing other Employees' Running Timers.
· Added specific permission setting for viewing other Employees' To Dos.
· Added specific permission setting for creating To Dos.
· Added specific permission to edit the Employee section of the Preferences Window.
· Will now hide the Amount and Rate fields in a situation where an employee has permissions to edit Debt/Credits but does not have access to rates.
· Will now ask if you'd like to apply category specifics such as tax and rate settings when manually changing the type in the Debt/Credit editing window.
· If an Employee cannot view rates, they now cannot edit the estimated time and amount for a Project.
· The total field is no longer editable in a situation where an hourly item is selected but a quantity used to be applied to the Debt/Credit.
· Changed the automatic day selection in the Accounting window Tax Report Export to no long include one day from the next time increment.
· Accounting Window Tax Report Export will no long include Invoices that have not yet been marked as paid.
· Accounting Window Tax Report Export will now immediately update when selecting a different date type for the Invoices.
· Fixed an issue where Windows would randomly decide to close random windows when closing the Alerts window, which could cause a crash during the login process.
· Default timer view options for a new employee have been updated and improved.
· Will no longer reset an Employee's Project List mode and main window Tab Mode when editing the Employee.
· Fixed an issue where changing the rate or total hours manually could save to a Debt/Credit temporarily without pressing the OK button in the Debt/Credit editing window.
· Fixed an issue where some backup files would not be created correctly on certain machines.
· Fixed an issue where the Status Item sometimes would be locked when it should not have been.
· Tweaked the number processor for number formats using the comma as the decimal point.
October 23rd, 2008
· Added new ClientInvoicedBalance tag for Invoices/Reports
· Will now show a total in the Items Awaiting Invoice section of the Invoice Tracker
· Will now correctly color Debt/Credits by their Project Colors in the Search window if the option is enabled
· Can now view and delete Orphaned Debt/Credits and Projects in the Search window
· Can now select and delete multiple Business Expense Debt/Credits in the Accounting window simultaneously
· Fixed a display issue where non-live Clients could show up in a report with the live only filter turned on if the setting to show tiers totaling zero was enabled
· Fixed an issue where the selected currency may not be saved when editing a Report
· Fixed a syncing issue where Projects wouldn't appear correctly on initial sync when creating the Project on a Client machine when color is set to by category or by status
· Fixed a minor display issue with wording in the ID numbering section of the preferences window
· Fixed an issue where certain ID formats would not update immediately over a network
· Fixed an issue with report totals showing up incorrectly on systems with certain numbering formats
· Fixed a potential issue with the trial extension codes
· Additional information is now shown when using the Check for Orphaned Debt/Credits menu item
· Additional error checking in the Server broadcasting methods
October 11th, 2008
· Fixed an issue where the check for invalid characters in an XML file wouldn't run correctly on data files that had encryption turned off.
· Fixed an issue with a crash caused by using specific template variables.
· Fixed an issue introduce in 6.0.2 with specific templates not keeping CSS formatting.
· Fixed an issue where spaces could be removed when reading the encoding for delimited text in the import window.
· Will now always show a tax total of zero for Reports that have "Include Taxes" unchecked.
October 9th, 2008
· Will now preview the ID number that a Project will be created with in the New Project window.
· Added Client Related Invoice/Report tags: ClientNumberOfProjects, ClientNumberOfLiveProjects, ClientHoursTotal, ClientEstimatedTotal, ClientTotalAmount, ClientBalance.
· Speed improvements when loading the Client's Project tab.
· Will now by default show the total time for a timer in the Status Item as opposed to the current interval.
· Will update the times for running times in the Status Item menu much more frequently.
· Fixed a display issue where a visual template editor would scroll down about 40 pixels when clicking on the editor for the first time.
· Fixed an issue where recurring Debt/Credits could recur when launching Studiometry when they shouldn't have.
· Fixed an issue that wouldn't allow you to modify Debt/Credits entered into the Accounting window.
· Fixed an issue where manually changing the color of a client or project may not immediately update on the network.
· Fixed an issue where the display would be off center if you quit Studiometry with the Client/Project list horizontally expanded.
· Fixed an issue with tax totals on Reports.
· Added several hidden functional report tags to the list of available variables.
· Will now enter sample information for your company contact info when first launching Studiometry.
September 10th, 2008
· Can now Invoice and Report to specific Contacts that are assigned to other Clients but associated with the Project via the People tab.
· Optimized Items Awaiting Invoice section of Invoice Tracker window. Should now refresh in about one quarter of the time it took before.
· Will load one to two seconds faster on setups with very little data.
· Will now automatically fill in Quantity and Unit Price amounts when initially checking the appropriate checkboxes in the Debt/Credit window.
· Made several changes to the Loading Status window when opening.
· Fixed an issue where templates based on Data Rows displaying no items on the first page would not generate pages past the second page.
· Fixed a display issue that would occur in a few places where negative numbers would not correctly have a minus sign in front of them.
· Fixed an issue with Site Licenses registering incorrectly on some setups.
· Fixed a few minor display issues with the main window.
September 8th, 2008
· Completely Overhauled interface.
· New SQL Database save format for Clients, Contact, Projects, Debt/Credits, Reports, Invoices, To Do's, and Payments.
· Drastically improved load times once data files have been converted to the new SQL format (can decrease load times from several minutes to a few seconds).
· Instant Saving of modifications to items stored in SQL database (Clients, Projects, Debts, etc). It is no longer possible to lose changes made to these items between saves.
· Overall Save time (from File Menu > Save or regular save interval) reduced to nearly zero due to new SQL Database format.
· Overall program performance increase due to the lack of background saving to old XML file format.
· GANTT chart improvements allow you to view multiple Project simultaneously.
· New File Menu > View All GANTT Charts function to view all GANTT data within Studiometry.
· Can now manually reorder Debt/Credit and Rate types.
· Will now show more descriptive information in the Debt/Credit types list in the Preferences window.
· Completely overhaul Project Output section shows invoice previews in-line, colors items by paid status, and has several other layout enhancements.
· Can now 1-click generate an Invoice or Report by clicking on the preview in the Invoice or Reports list.
· Can now select and delete multiple items via the Search Window.
· New Visual Template editor item: Data Rows allow incredible power over the display and flexibility of your items on Invoice and Report templates.
· New Report features allow individual selection of specific work items to create customized reports based on your criteria.
· Reports can now be based on work item sets such as Paid, Unpaid, Estimated, Un-Invoiced, Invoiced, Non-Billable, Billable, Purchase Order, and Independent.
· Can now create an unlimited amount of Report fields for Report templates and Reports.
· Debt/Credit Items have additional modes, now including unpaid, paid, estimated, non-billable, and purchase order.
· Itemized Estimates are now possible with the new reporting features giving you the flexibility to create and display Estimated Work items.
· Itemized Purchase Orders are now possible with the new reporting features giving you the flexibility to create and display Purchase Order items.
· Project Estimated Amounts can now be calculated based on entered Estimated Work items.
· Greatly enhanced Time Sheet entry window.
· Can now use the Time Sheet entry to quickly enter multiple items for Estimated, Purchase Order, or Non Billable work items.
· Can select and modify multiple items simultaneously in the Time Sheet entry window.
· Can now view totals for entered items in a Time Sheet entry window.
· New buttons in Project Output tab allow you to create Invoices and Reports with specific templates from directly within the main window.
· Can set background colors for Non-Billable, Purchase Order, and Estimated Items in Debt/Credit lists.
· Several total variables will now access report specific data instead of project total data when generating reports with selected items.
· Added DebtCategoryDefaultRate, DebtCategoryDefaultRateNoCur variables.
· Added ItemMode, ItemModeFormatted variables.
· Now uses the standard Leopard toolbar integrated with the top of the window.
· New Data Management section of File Menu allows you to easily check for Orphaned Projects and Debt/Credits.
· New Overlay will darken the data entry section of the main window when there is no Client or Project selected (Mac Only).
· Several New Built-In templates available to take advantage of new features.
· Can now manually insert Built-In Code Based templates.
· Logging in from the methods available will be much cleaner and "flash" less on the screen.
· Will now calculate and display the end date when editing an item in the GANTT chart.
· Can now create GANTT chart items for specific projects when viewing a multi-project GANTT chart.
· Will now display more information when syncing with a server over a network.
· Will now ask if you'd like to replace your report template field content with the default field content for a template when selecting a new template.
· Will now show the company name in the Main Window's title bar.
· Will now only show quantity values in summaries for items with a quantity or markup.
· Will now show a quantity of one by default in summaries for items with empty quantity values.
· Will now hide Project Quoted and Estimated amounts in main window from employees who do not have access to rate information.
· Will now allow the main window to be stretched more than before on large monitors.
· Can now search filter through the Contact select window.
· Can now filter Accounting Window Business history section by billable, non-billable, estimated, and purchase order.
· Backup functions will now backup and restore multiple files simultaneously when running on the new data format.
· Restore Backup window will give more information as well as automatically find matching restore files.
· Contact log search field will now search through Log types and Contact log date strings.
· Can now enter tabs into the Debt/Credit editing window's Extra Info section.
· Search window is now threaded and can be used while loading items.
· Search window will now search Debt/Credit category, Debt/Credit employee, Debt's Project name when searching through Debt/Credits.
· Search window will now search Project category, Project status when searching through Projects.
· Search window will now search Client category when searching through Clients.
· Can now change Debt/Credit modes via contextual menu in the main window.
· Can now see Employee column in Debt/Credit section of search window.
· Can no longer set the Default Employee to non-live.
· Can now delete Invoice, Reports, Contacts, Debt/Credits from their lists using the Delete key.
· Can now drag reorder Milestone items in the GANTT chart.
· Can now right-click on a Client in the main window to view all of their Project's GANTT information on the same chart.
· Will automatically remove projects that have blank back end ID numbers that cause issues in other areas of the application.
· Will now ask for confirmation when deleting Debt/Credits, Reports, Invoices, Contacts etc using the minus button underneath lists.
· Will now create default templates with standardized ID numbers to make initial syncing over networks more consistent and produce less duplicate templates.
· Can now scroll horizontally in the Visual Template editor using a mouse scroll wheel.
· Project file listbox will now remember the selected item when reloading the list.
· Will now immediately update a Project over the network when using the Change Start Date function of the GANTT chart.
· Will now automatically select the correct default timer type when loading the New Time Sheet window initially.
· Will now ask for confirmation before deleting items from the Debt/Credit list via the delete key.
· Will now ask to set the default invoice save location if the previously set location can not be found.
· Will now immediately update items imported from Delimited text across the network.
· Will no longer flash the main window when loading the program initially when you have Studiometry setup to go to the employee login list.
· Will no longer show Tips Window on startup by default.
· Will no longer consider it a change to an item when you simply tab out of a date field in the main window.
· Fixed an issue with displaying extremely long words in data columns with center or right text alignment.
· Fixed display issue with Client's Payment list when no payments were in the list.
· Fixed display issue where using the contextual menu to stop a paused timer in the running timers window wouldn't update immediately.
· Fixed an issue with combo-boxes not correctly accepting focus after opening the menu and not selecting an item.
· Fixed an issue where Markup Percent may not show up correctly on some summaries.
· Fixed an issue where some items would not get deleted correctly when deleting Clients or Projects with many attached items.
· Fixed an issue where sometimes a Project would not be selected when first creating it.
· Fixed some issues with the Sample Data created when first opening the application.
· Several other behavior tweaks.
· Several other interface tweaks.
August 25th, 2008
· Will now sync the Project's ID behavior over the network.
· Modified the calculation of items in data columns for more consistent results when using smaller fonts.
· Fixed an issue with deprecated variables not allowing invoices and reports to generate correctly.
July 9th, 2008
· Will now reformat the currency exchange rates downloaded for automatic updating to better match local system formats
· Fixed an issue where some code based templates would not generate correctly because of file type issues
· Fixed an issue where a data column could display a blank line for the first line in certain situations
· Fixed an issue where the Billing Section's Idle Timers feature would not work correctly in some multi-user environments
· Fixed an issue on Windows that could cause a crash when generating a visual template if you have certain files in your Templates folder
· Fixed an issue on Windows that could cause visual templates to not appear correctly if you have certain files in your Templates folder Fixed an issue on Windows where the Client/Project tooltip could throw an error when certain files are not found
· Will no longer allow users to delete other employees' timers via the View Timesheet window if they are not allowed to edit other employees' timers
June 17th, 2008
· Fixed an issue where some changes in Address Book would not be immediately reflected in Studiometry
· Fixed an issue where generating a Visual template after generating an HTML template could cause line breaks to be encoded as HTML
· Fixed a nil object exception caused by checking for currency exchange rates when the program is locked out
· Fixed an issue with tabbing through the Project Specs fields not working correctly
· Fixed a display issue with the totals at the bottom of the list in the Client's Projects tab in the main window
· Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when creating a new project if your Project IDs are Client based and a duplicate ID is created
· Fixed an issue that could cause a crash on launch on Windows when setting up the initial data files
· Will no longer check for duplicate project or client IDs if the Preferences setting in the ID section is set to Always Ignore
· Will now warn when attempting to import delimited contacts without first selecting a client
· Can now check for Orphaned Debt/Credits by pressing a specific key string while in the Status window (DC)
May 20th, 2008
· Fixed an issue with the syncing of Debt/Credit categories over some networks
· Will now ask to set the default invoice save location if the previously set location can not be found
· Added ItemMyCost and ItemMyCostNoCur tags to display the pre-markup amount for items on invoices and reports
· Fixed a crash that could occur when resizing some elements on visual templates to extremely small sizes
· Fixed an issue with the TaxAmount tag on code based invoice templates
· Fixed wording on the Generate Report button in the Report Editing window
· Can now delete debt/credit types that do not have full ID numbers
April 16th, 2008
· Can now save detailed descriptions of Debt/Credit categories for use on Invoices/Reports (via Preferences Window)
· Added DebtCategoryNotes tag to put Debt/Credit category descriptions into Invoice and Report templates
· Can now save Project Specific notes for work done on each Debt/Credit category for use on Invoices/Reports (via Project Notes tab)
· Added DebtCategoryProjectNotes tag to put Project related Debt/Credit category descriptions into Invoice and Report templates
· Can now manually reset the Network's Deleted Items list (will improve performance on many setups)
· Can now manually set the Auto Save interval via the Status Window (can improve performance on some setups)
· Can now have multiple-page layouts for Tax, Employee, and DebtCategory data columns in visual templates
· Can now view Estimated and Total amounts in the Client's Projects tab
· Will now automatically select the current Project when creating a new contact log via the Project's People tab
· Re-enabled the Right-click variables menu in the Add Report window
· Fixed an issue where the selected report template would not be saved when editing a report on some machines
· New Running Timer window will no longer reload items on activation
· Fixed the tab order of items in the New Running Timer window
· Fixed an issue with the contact log tracker automatically selecting a contact if the contact has recently been deleted
· Fixed a potential error message that could appear when refreshing the main window at a certain point when an item is deleted over the network
March 31st, 2008
· New two-way iCal syncing for systems running Mac OS X 10.5 and newer
· iCal syncing will now fully function on Mac OS X 10.5
· AddressBook syncing will now fully sync Address information on Mac OS X 10.5
· New Invoice ID Management tab in the Invoice Tracker gives you greater control over redundant Invoice ID's
· Time zone support for networks with computers in multiple time zones
· Added new TaxesWithValue tag for use in code based Invoice templates. This tag will loop through all taxes with a value for the specified invoice and leave out taxes totaling zero
· Added several new TaxesWithValue tags for use in Visual Invoice Template data columns to only show taxes with a value above zero for the specified Invoice
· Added ItemTimeInMinutes tag, will display 120 minutes instead of 2.0 hours, for example
· Added new rounding options for timers including twelfth of an hour (5 minutes) and twentieth of an hour (3 minutes)
· Added new option for Project ID numbering to be Client Based instead of Program-Wide
· Can now duplicate Visual and Code based Invoice/Report templates from within the Preferences Window
· Can now view Invoice Total Due and Invoice Total paid amounts in Summaries
· Can now show Project Statuses and Categories in Summaries
· Can now show Client Categories in Summaries
· Can now use the Page Setup dialog options within the Summaries window
· Can now copy and paste To Do's in the main window's Client To Do list
· Can now delete Invoices via the Invoice Tracker window
· Can now enable and disable automatic checking for orphaned Projects in the General section of the Preferences window
· Added the option to include Non-Live Clients in the Mass Email window
· Improved support with systems multiple monitors
· Improved support when loading Studiometry on a machine that had windows positioned on a recently disconnected monitor
· Worked around an issue on Mac OS X 10.5.2 where mouse clicks wouldn't be recognized in a sheet window with a floating window open
· The comparison of Quoted to Actual work amounts in the Project Summary tab for Projects with non-calculated estimates will no longer include taxes
· Will now instantly update clients and projects over the network when creating invoices to ensure correct invoice ID numbers when creating invoices on multiple computers simultaneously
· Will now not allow new invoice ID's to be created with identical ID numbers as existing invoices
· Summary values with right alignment will now have a white background improving readability when overlapping with other data
· Fixed an issue with the "Disconnect" button in the Status window not always working as intended
· Fixed an issue with certain visual templates where an item could be displayed at the end of a page and then again at the beginning of the next page
· Fixed an issue where certain number fields may not be formatted correctly with decimal places and negative signs
· Fixed an issue where Project Specs may not be editable if there is only one spec attached to a Project
· Fixed a flickering issue on Windows when choosing File Menu > Quit with the running timers or alerts window open
· Fixed a flickering issue on Windows when closing Studiometry via closing the main window with the alerts window open
· Fixed a flickering issue on Windows in the search window when the mouse enters the bottom scrollbar of the results area
· Fixed an issue with some contextual menus not working correctly on Window
· Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when opening the Enter Time sheet window with no Projects entered into the database
· Fixed an issue where the work tab total would show up as positive in situations where it should show up as negative
· Fixed an issue with Edit Menu > Copy not working correctly when the focus was on certain list boxes
· Fixed an issue where windows would sometimes not correctly appear when de-maximizing on Windows
· Fixed issue causing multiple calendars to appear on iCal sync
· Improved the performance of the sync from Address Book when editing items in Address Book with Studiometry open
· Invoice Tracker will now maintain selection when refreshing the list of shown invoices
· Non-Billable items will no longer be attached to Invoices creating using the Scheduled Invoices features
· Fixed a crash that could occur in the Summaries window when accessing Client Category names
· Fixed an issue causing the Show In Finder button to not work correctly when selecting Invoice/Report templates in the Preferences window
· Fixed an issue where systems with Client based Invoice numbering setups wouldn't correctly save the most recent invoice number sometimes
· Will now warn you when the print window opens if you are on a machine that could crash when choosing the PDF > Save to PDF option. This is a temporary workaround while we resolve the issue
· Will now alert you that a file has successfully been restored when using the File Menu > Restore From Backup option
· Will now immediately update project and client last-added ID numbers over the network when modify specific items via the Preferences window
· Will now save automatically generated PDF's into the Default Invoice Save location when sending PDF attachments via the invoice/report preview window
· Will now show longer ID's in the Summary when displaying invoices
· Will now automatically select the Default report template when saving a report where the templates are saved on a Read-Only disk
· Will now immediately broadcast changes made to Contacts via editing in Address Book with Studiometry open to the network
· Will now immediately broadcast updates made to To Do's using contextual menus in the same window to the network
· Several other small bug fixes
· Numerous interface tweaks
January 15th, 2008
· Fixed an issue that could cause importing contacts within the contact editing window to not work correctly
· Fixed networking issue where some changes in the main window would not be immediately synced
· Fixed an issue causing flickering when quitting the application with the running timers window open on Windows machines
· Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when duplicating Projects
· Added Norwegian Localization
· Added Portuguese (European) Localization
· Updated Dutch Localization
December 11th, 2007
· Fixed an issue where the email sending window would not close on certain machines after sending an email of a code-based invoice
· Fixed issue with certain information in the main window not updating correctly on networked machines
· Fixed an issue with certain date formats showing a 4 digit year of 0007 instead of 2007, for example
· Fixed an issue where Project Spec info would not be immediately editable on certain setups without first tabbing to the field
· Fixed an issue where equation calculation could cause issues on Windows machines
· Fixed a rare issue with deleting categories over a networking causing an exception dialog on launch
November 28th, 2007
· Re-enabled the Mac OS X Status item (can be turned on in the preferences window)
· Changed the behavior of the Project Spec list when clicking and dragging to prevent issues when dragging rows in the middle of an edit
· Improved Leopard compatibility on certain machines that were having issues
· Fixed an issue where reports would show up for multiple projects in certain situations (mainly the Export Lists)
· Fixed display issues with special characters (umlauts for example) in variables inside of Text objects in visual templates
· Fixed an issue with saving special characters (umlauts for example) directly into Text objects in visual templates
· The "New Contact Log" contextual menu item will now work in the Project people section for non-English localizations
· Will no longer attempt to access the address section of contacts when syncing from Address Book on setups in which it was causing crashes (many Leopard setups)
· New Timesheet window will now correctly select the current Project when first accessing the window if a project is selected in the main window
· New Timesheet window will now use all of the appropriate timers settings similar to pushing the New Default Timer button (Forced Employee > Project > Client > Employee)
· Fixed an error that could occur in the Payment editing window on Windows machines
September 25th, 2007
· Fixed an issue where multi-page templates would sometimes not calculate the correct number of pages
· Can now add To Do suites starting on a future or past date
· Fixed issue with "Calculate Equations" option causing problems on machines with commas as the decimal point
· Fixed an issue where the main window wouldn't come up on launch if you had a password lock on
· Will now correctly show non-live projects that match the search string when there is a search entered in the search window
· Fixed a crash that could occur in the search window when typing in a search string
· Updated Dutch Localization
September 13th, 2007
· Fixed an issue where Version 4.x Visual Invoice templates would not correctly load into the Edit Invoice window
· Fixed an issue with calculating equations in fields with number formats with comma as the decimal point
· Fixed an issue where Taxes, Debt/Credit Categories, and Employees in Data columns in visual templates could appear on the same line
· Will now correctly print multiple pages when a Project's estimate goes over one page
· Will now list non-live projects underneath live projects in the Payment editing window