October 29th, 2011
· Resolved a number of issues relating to Mac OS X 10.7 autosave, by restoring StoryMill's previous autosave implementation, supported on both 10.7 and 10.6
· Restored Find functionality on 10.6
· Fixed a problem where captions added to pictures were not always getting saved
· Fixed a problem where assigning a Storyline in the Info pane, would fail to save the Storyline selection
· Fixed a problem where assigning a scene to a chapter would not stick under certain circumstances.
September 10th, 2011Implemented new Lion features, including:
· Autosave and versions
· Inspector Bar
· Find Bar
· Removed StoryMill autosave Preferences setting
· Fixed a crash that would occur under Lion when double clicking on a StoryMill 3 file then clicking Import
· Fixed source list indentation under Lion
· Fixed a problem under Lion where artifacts would appear when scrolling in the Snapshots view
· Fixed a problem where typing in Full Screen would sometimes cause styles and formatting to not be applied correctly
· Fixed a problem entering years manually in the timeline view scene editor
· Double-clicking on text in the project find and replace window now navigates you to the instance of the found text in the file
· Pictures can now be saved out of the pictures pane by right clicking on a seleted image and selecting Save Image
· Text selection is now preserved when navigating to and from Full Screen view
· Fixed a problem where renaming a container (like Characters) would cause the contents of that container to fail to display
· Fixed a crash that could happen opening a file after closing that file without quitting
· Removed "untitled document"/"Last Documet" selection in "open at startup" preference
· Fixed a problem where sometimes typing would slow down dramatically
September 6th, 2011
· Fixed a problem where corrupted items in the Trash would prevent a file from opening
· Made changes to prevent items in the Trash from getting corrupted
· Fixed deletion of Events in the timeline view
· Fixed a problem where event 'fragments' would prevent the timeline view from opening
· Fixed a problem where Check for Updates would often appear grayed out
· You can now drag images from your web browser to the Pictures pane
· Fixed a problem that prevented certain edits made in the Timeline View from being properly saved
June 29th, 2011
· Decreased the minimum window size so that the StoryMill window would be more easily resizable on screens running at lower resolutions
· Fixed a problem where creating scene, chapter, location or character from selected text would sometimes cause the resulting new object to not properly save unless manually edited
· Fixed a problem where creating a scene or chapter from selected text wouldn't properly remove that selected text from the view where it previously resided
· Fixed a problem where typing in the Notes pane would caused typed text to appear invisible under some circumstances
· Updated the Selected Chapters export template
· Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when deleting a Smart View
· Setting the status via context menu in the source list now causes the title bar for that item to update right away
· Fixed a problem where entering certain non-Latin (accented, Chinese, etc.) characters could cause the text immediately surrounding those characters to shift position
· Fixed a problem where, under some circumstances, unedited items would not be saved when doing a manual Save or Save As
· The order of items in the Source List is now saved
· Fixed a problem where repeated Save As actions could corrupt a file
· Fixed a problem that would occur sometimes where text was not properly synced between Chapter and Novel views
April 27th, 2011
· Added an import button to the dialog that appears when opening version 3 files with StoryMill 4
· Added an item list to container views
· Fixed a crash that would occur after selecting a document from the Open Recent submenu
· Fixed a crash that would occur under certain conditions when adding a character
· Fixed a hang that would occur when viewing attached files/file links (like PDFs)
· Fixed a hang/crash that would occur when typing in accented or other non-English text characters
· Fixed a problem that caused StoryMill to stop responding when opening the Timeline View
· Fixed a problem that prevented Snowflake chapters from being imported from a version 3 file into StoryMill 4
· Fixed a problem that would prevent certain edits from marking a file as dirty after doing a manual save
· Fixed the remove (-) button in the Links panes
· Made improvements to StoryMill's performance when saving files
· Restored the ability to double-click an item (such as a character) in order to open that character in its own window
· Reverted to StoryMill 3's time zone awareness functionality to prevent ongoing issues with daylight savings time changes
· The zoom popup now updates correctly
March 16th, 2011
· Completely redesigned timeline view with unlimited time spans that scale from minutes to centuries.
· Snapshots so you can make backup copies of your work before making those experimental changes to your prose.
· A full novel view of your book.
· The ability to add pictures to any item in your project independent of your notes.
· The ability to store links with items.
· Completely redesigned UI.
· Much more (a complete list will be posted on or before 3/17/11)
November 12th, 2009
· Fixed a problem where doing a Project Find & Replace of a text string could cause text in non-visible views to become scrambled
· Fixed a problem where, when running in French, SmartViews would fail to properly filter items
· Arrow key selection now properly updates word & character counts
· Fixed a problem where doing several Create Scene from Selection actions in a row would prevent the new scenes from appearing properly until saving, closing and reopening the file
· Prevented multiple chapter editor windows for the same chapter from being opened
· Fixed a problem where launching the application with "Untitled document" set to open at startup would result in a blank window on 10.6
· Fixed a problem that prevented importing RTF files when running in German
· Changed the direction of the arrows in the "extend start" and "extend end" toolbar buttons
January 21st, 2009
· Fixed Find and Replace in German.
· Fixed a problem where Find and Replace would replace incorrect text.
· When replacing All instances of found word, occurrences of found word now properly.
· update in file until file without having to close and reopen the file.
· Fixed Find results highlighting in Find and Replace window.
· Fixed a problem that prevented tags from being added in single chapter view.
· Full screen mode now uses style from preferences.
· Added a number of fixes for French localization.
December 12th, 2008
· Fixed a number of issues pertaining to date entry.
· Scene editing windows now display proper content when defaulted to scene text.
· Fixed issues with date display in the metadata pane.
· Localization fixes.
· Fixed project Find & Replace in French.
· Fixed RTFD export.
· Buy Now menu item now disables when you've entered a valid serial number.
· Fixed a problem with list view drawing in Manage Views.
November 24th, 2008
· Added Project Find & Replace
· Serial numbers now cannot be so easily overwritten in Preferences
· Window position is remembered on quit/relaunch
· Selected mode is now remembered on quit/relaunch
· Selected mode is obeyed when navigating from chapter to chapter so that displayed text matches selected mode
· Added numerous localization/translation fixes
· Improved support for lists and tables
· Improved full screen mode margin calculation
· Made text zooming available in all views
· Selection is now synchronized when entering and exiting full screen mode
· Fixed status bar updating in single chapter view
· Scene end date now can be deleted
· Fixed a source of file corruption that could occur when deleting characters associated with scenes
· Added a way to search word frequency
· Fixed a problem that caused Storymill to convert times from PM to AM
· Fixed a problem where renaming a view to "Chapters" would cause the file to fail to load
· Added mouse cursor color for full screen mode
· Fixed one cause of a crash that would occur when clicking around in different views
· Paragraph style defaults entered in defaults are now getting saved
· Quicklook now works on .storymill files
· Sorting a list no longer disables the insert toolbar button (and Shift-Cmd-N)
· Additional file extensions now allowed for plain text exports
· Dates can now be entered in European format (DD/MM/YY)
· Added code to check and insure data integrity
July 4th, 2008
· Added the ability to import from .txt, .rtf and .doc files with the option to parse incoming text into chapters
· Added menubar and contextual menu options to create a new scene or chapter from selected text
· Added French and German localization, as well as support for typing in Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters
· Improved overall stability, especially for 10.4 users
· Fixed a problem that prevented locations assigned in the metadata pane from being saved with the scene
· Dozens of additional fixes
April 17th, 2008
· Fixed a problem where scenes would wind up in the wrong chapter when dragging them between chapters in the source view
· Status popup menus now display status color swatches
· Fixed a problem editing the name of a chapter (or scene) that was created by duplicating another chapter (or scene)
· Scenes view list can now be sorted by clicking on column header
· Changed file extension from .avenirproj to .storymill (StoryMill will still open files with either extension)
· Smart Views can now be created with partial dates (eg Date Contains "12/25")
· Full Screen mode can be accessed from more views
· Fixed some editing and redraw problems with the storyline list that would appear when creating and editing storylines
· Fixed 'Open Scenes in New Window' functionality in TLV
· SM now saves the 'scrolled-to' location of the TLV window on close
· Set clearer limits on the length of timeframe that TLV can represent
· Fixed a problem that caused the status list to fail to update correctly
· Added higher zoom values for the Timeline view
· Creating a SmartView based on partial dates no longer includes undated scenes
· Fixed a problem that caused poor performance in the Timeline view with certain files
· Fixed an intermittent crash on PowerPC based Macs when the mouse was positioned over the mode bar
· Fixed an intermittent hang/crash that could occur when changing modes
· Fixed a problem where chapter text would not redraw correctly when a search yielded no results
· Fixed a problem that prevented the TLV from updating when a scene's time, storyline or other attributes were edited in the scenes view
· TLV now uses abbreviations for month names
February 13th, 2008
· Added new menu option and command key for New Smart View
· Added text & notes modes to Scene Editor window
· Added text editing functions to the Scene Editor window
· Added drag and drop support for scenes in scenes view
· Plus numerous bug fixes.