New in version 4.0.5
October 29th, 2011
- Resolved a number of issues relating to Mac OS X 10.7 autosave, by restoring StoryMill's previous autosave implementation, supported on both 10.7 and 10.6
- Restored Find functionality on 10.6
- Fixed a problem where captions added to pictures were not always getting saved
- Fixed a problem where assigning a Storyline in the Info pane, would fail to save the Storyline selection
- Fixed a problem where assigning a scene to a chapter would not stick under certain circumstances.
New in version 4.0.4 (September 10th, 2011)
- Implemented new Lion features, including:
- Autosave and versions
- Inspector Bar
- Find Bar
- Removed StoryMill autosave Preferences setting
- Fixed a crash that would occur under Lion when double clicking on a StoryMill 3 file then clicking Import
- Fixed source list indentation under Lion
- Fixed a problem under Lion where artifacts would appear when scrolling in the Snapshots view
- Fixed a problem where typing in Full Screen would sometimes cause styles and formatting to not be applied correctly
- Fixed a problem entering years manually in the timeline view scene editor
- Double-clicking on text in the project find and replace window now navigates you to the instance of the found text in the file
- Pictures can now be saved out of the pictures pane by right clicking on a seleted image and selecting Save Image
- Text selection is now preserved when navigating to and from Full Screen view
- Fixed a problem where renaming a container (like Characters) would cause the contents of that container to fail to display
- Fixed a crash that could happen opening a file after closing that file without quitting
- Removed "untitled document"/"Last Documet" selection in "open at startup" preference
- Fixed a problem where sometimes typing would slow down dramatically
New in version 4.0.3 (September 6th, 2011)
- Fixed a problem where corrupted items in the Trash would prevent a file from opening
- Made changes to prevent items in the Trash from getting corrupted
- Fixed deletion of Events in the timeline view
- Fixed a problem where event 'fragments' would prevent the timeline view from opening
- Fixed a problem where Check for Updates would often appear grayed out
- You can now drag images from your web browser to the Pictures pane
- Fixed a problem that prevented certain edits made in the Timeline View from being properly saved
New in version 4.0.2 (June 29th, 2011)
- Decreased the minimum window size so that the StoryMill window would be more easily resizable on screens running at lower resolutions
- Fixed a problem where creating scene, chapter, location or character from selected text would sometimes cause the resulting new object to not properly save unless manually edited
- Fixed a problem where creating a scene or chapter from selected text wouldn't properly remove that selected text from the view where it previously resided
- Fixed a problem where typing in the Notes pane would caused typed text to appear invisible under some circumstances
- Updated the Selected Chapters export template
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when deleting a Smart View
- Setting the status via context menu in the source list now causes the title bar for that item to update right away
- Fixed a problem where entering certain non-Latin (accented, Chinese, etc.) characters could cause the text immediately surrounding those characters to shift position
- Fixed a problem where, under some circumstances, unedited items would not be saved when doing a manual Save or Save As
- The order of items in the Source List is now saved
- Fixed a problem where repeated Save As actions could corrupt a file
- Fixed a problem that would occur sometimes where text was not properly synced between Chapter and Novel views
New in version 4.0.1 (April 27th, 2011)
- Added an import button to the dialog that appears when opening version 3 files with StoryMill 4
- Added an item list to container views
- Fixed a crash that would occur after selecting a document from the Open Recent submenu
- Fixed a crash that would occur under certain conditions when adding a character
- Fixed a hang that would occur when viewing attached files/file links (like PDFs)
- Fixed a hang/crash that would occur when typing in accented or other non-English text characters
- Fixed a problem that caused StoryMill to stop responding when opening the Timeline View
- Fixed a problem that prevented Snowflake chapters from being imported from a version 3 file into StoryMill 4
- Fixed a problem that would prevent certain edits from marking a file as dirty after doing a manual save
- Fixed the remove (-) button in the Links panes
- Made improvements to StoryMill's performance when saving files
- Restored the ability to double-click an item (such as a character) in order to open that character in its own window
- Reverted to StoryMill 3's time zone awareness functionality to prevent ongoing issues with daylight savings time changes
- The zoom popup now updates correctly
New in version 4.0 (March 16th, 2011)
- Completely redesigned timeline view with unlimited time spans that scale from minutes to centuries.
- Snapshots so you can make backup copies of your work before making those experimental changes to your prose.
- A full novel view of your book.
- The ability to add pictures to any item in your project independent of your notes.
- The ability to store links with items.
- Completely redesigned UI.
- Much more (a complete list will be posted on or before 3/17/11)
New in version 3.2.3 (November 12th, 2009)
- Fixed a problem where doing a Project Find & Replace of a text string could cause text in non-visible views to become scrambled
- Fixed a problem where, when running in French, SmartViews would fail to properly filter items
- Arrow key selection now properly updates word & character counts
- Fixed a problem where doing several Create Scene from Selection actions in a row would prevent the new scenes from appearing properly until saving, closing and reopening the file
- Prevented multiple chapter editor windows for the same chapter from being opened
- Fixed a problem where launching the application with "Untitled document" set to open at startup would result in a blank window on 10.6
- Fixed a problem that prevented importing RTF files when running in German
- Changed the direction of the arrows in the "extend start" and "extend end" toolbar buttons
New in version 3.2.2 (January 21st, 2009)
- Fixed Find and Replace in German.
- Fixed a problem where Find and Replace would replace incorrect text.
- When replacing All instances of found word, occurrences of found word now properly.
- update in file until file without having to close and reopen the file.
- Fixed Find results highlighting in Find and Replace window.
- Fixed a problem that prevented tags from being added in single chapter view.
- Full screen mode now uses style from preferences.
- Added a number of fixes for French localization.
New in version 3.2.1 (December 12th, 2008)
- Fixed a number of issues pertaining to date entry.
- Scene editing windows now display proper content when defaulted to scene text.
- Fixed issues with date display in the metadata pane.
- Localization fixes.
- Fixed project Find & Replace in French.
- Fixed RTFD export.
- Buy Now menu item now disables when you've entered a valid serial number.
- Fixed a problem with list view drawing in Manage Views.