April 30th, 2013MixConsole improvements:
· The Functions menu in the MixConsole now offers an entry to toggle "Constrain Delay Compensation" on/off
· The Channel Configuration in the Channel Edit window is now readable in the window title bar.
· Channels locked to the left or right zone are now separated with a small gap between the unlocked channels.
· The scrolling behavior for multiple linked MixConsoles has been improved.
· It is now possible again to set "Sync Selection in Project Window and MIxConsole" in the Preferences under Project & MixConsole.
· For each MixConsole window it is now possible to toggle "Scroll to selected Channel" individually from the Functions menu.
· The visual indication of "Bypass" and "Disabled" has been improved for Channel Strip modules and the Equalizer.
· The visual indication of "PRE" or "POST" of MixConsole Sends has been improved.
· Underneath the name label of each channel the channel width will be displayed (if MixConsole Score Editor
· When selecting a symbol in the symbol inspector the layer is automatically changed to an appropriate layer and the user is informed about this.
Plug-in Information Window:
· The "Update Plug-in Information" function can be cancelled now.
Default colors for track types:
· It is now possible to define default colors for various track types in the Preferences (Appearance: Colors).
· In the Save Preset window the last used location to save a preset is now remembered.
EuCon Adapter improvements:
· The EuCon Adapter has been updated to version 18.104.22.168.
· On EuCon the MixConsole Racks now open automatically when corresponding sections are chosen on the surface.
· On EuCon the Lo / Hi Cut filters of MixConsole are accessible via the "INPUT" knobset.
· On EuCon the Channel EQ of MixConsole and its parameters are now accessible via the Channel Strip modules / knobset.
· On EuCon all relevant Appsets have been updated to enable the operation of Mixer Agents.
VST Connect SE documentation:
· The VST Connect SE documentation has been overhauled, updated and localized into six languages.
· PROJECT: Audio Statistic and Spectrum windows now work properly in always-on-top mode.
· PROJECT: The metronome click no longer goes out of sync when changing the tempo on the fly in cycle mode.
· PROJECT: Entering text into Notepad now works as expected.
· PROJECT: Using the “Divide track list” function no longer renders the
· application unreliable.
· PROJECT: Track Coloring scheme now works as expected when the track gets created automatically for example by dragging audio onto it.
· PROJECT: Auto Track Coloring now works properly when adding a track. PROJECT: Backup project now also works properly when the Project has
· missing files.
· AUDIO: Enabling Constrain Delay Compensation no longer bypasses every insert effect after saving/reloading the Project.
· AUDIO: If ASIO-Guard is enabled, inserting a plug-in no longer leads to out of sync audio playback.
· AUDIO: Application now accepts AIFF files larger than 2 GB.
· AUDIO: The drawn waveform in the Sample Editor is no longer out of sync
· with the audio sample data.
· AUDIO: The Elastique Algorithm setting is now saved and restored properly with the Project.
· AUDIO: Freezing a track, which contains audio events in MXF or FLAC formats, no longer leads to disk overloads.
· AUDIO: Dissolve parts-function now works correctly on audio parts even if the part contains a crossfade that is outside the part.
· AUDIO: Project audio files are now opened correctly even if the original file path has changed, e.g. when opened on a different computer. Backing up the project now also works correctly
· MIDI: Solo in Key Editor now works properly when “Follow Chord Track” is enabled for the track.
· R-5497 MIDI: Editing in the Key Editors controller lane with the pencil tool now works as expected.
· R-6647 MIDI: When changing note-velocity or pitch in the Key Editor’s infoline, the acoustic feedback now works properly.
· R-6900 MIDI: Switching between parts in the Key Editor no longer leads to any graphical refresh issues in the controller lanes.
· R-7074 MIDI: Several issues with the MIDI Device Setup have been resolved. R-6991 MIDI: The delete doubles command no longer fails under specific
· R-6877 MIDI: Adding a position line to Logical Editor no longer renders the application unresponsive.
· R-7088 SCORE: Opening a MIDI Part in the Score Editor no longer potentially renders the application unresponsive.
· R-6953 SCORE: Removing pre-populated buttons in the Favorites Tab of the Score Editor no longer renders the application unreliable.
· R-6952 SCORE: The signature display in Score Editor is now always in sync with the signature and tempo track and updates properly.
· R-6924 SCORE: Importing block text from an RTF file is now working correctly. R-6318 SCORE: Moving a Rehearsal symbol with the mouse is now visualized in real
· R-6994 SCORE: Inserting Lyrics into the Score Editor no longer renders the application unresponsive.
· R-7242 MIXCONSOLE: Scrolling in MixConsole via Cursor Keys no longer leads to redraw issues.
· R-7193 MIXCONSOLE: The Master Output channel will no longer disappear under certain circumstances.
· R-7079 MIXCONSOLE: MixConsole no longer opens with erratic size ranges. R-7179 MIXCONSOLE: MixConsole now restores the channel width correctly at all
· R-7077 MIXCONSOLE: The minimum zoom level of MixConsole no longer increases width instead of decreasing.
· MIXCONSOLE: Fine adjusting the panner movement by pressing Shift now works correctly.
· R-6033 MIXCONSOLE: The on/off button in the Pre section now works correctly. R-7104 PLUG-IN: VST 3 plug-in parameter automation data is no longer reversed for
· specific plug-ins.
· R-6585 PLUG-IN: The gain setting of external effects now follows +12 dB fader setting properly.
· R-5909 PLUG-IN: An open REVerence plug-in window no longer renders the application unreliable.
· R-3693 PLUG-IN: The Pre / Post FX menu in VST Amp Rack now works properly. R-7111 PLUG-IN: Available plug-in presets are no longer missing for certain plug-ins
· as expected.
· R-7103 PLUG-IN: The Chorder MIDI plug-in no longer transposes chords one octave down by accident.
· R-6956 PLUG-IN: The External FX plug-in now measures the I/O latency correctly. R-6737 PLUG-IN: The External FX connections are no longer lost when an output
· preset is selected in VST Connections.
· R-6888 PLUG-IN: The MonoToStereo plug-in no longer plays a small audio snippet from the start of the waveform regardless of the song position.
· R-6696 PLUG-IN: Inserting the VST Connect SE Cue Mix plug-in into Control Room Cue 1-4 no longer leads to an unresponsive state when closing the application.
· R-6517 PLUG-IN: Saving and restoring a GEQ-10 and GEQ-30 Preset that uses a different EQ-type other than True Response now works properly.
· R-7196 MEDIABAY: When tagging WAV files all chunks are written correctly to the WAV file now.
· R-5456 VIDEO: Video Offset now works reliable. Please check the Video Offset (ms) value in Device Setup "Video Player" for Projects created in previously versions.
· ADR: The details view in the Marker window is now updated correctly when using Locate Previous Marker / Locate Next Marker in the Marker Window or by Key Command.
· R-6005 ADR: Cue channels and external inputs can now be monitored correctly via the control room even if ADR mode is enabled.
· R-2793 TRANSPORT: The "BAR" digit is no longer truncated for pre and post-roll when operating system is set to Japanese language.
· R-5618 REMOTE: Remote Controls no longer show channels which are hidden in MixConsole.
· R-6081 HARDWARE: UR & MR Series: When saving a REV-X / Channel Strip Preset, it will now show up properly in MediaBay.
September 11th, 2012Fixed Issues:
· Prologue: Fine-tune values corrected.
· Audio: Scrubbing functionality repaired in OS X 64-bit.
· Audio: Broadcast Wave descriptions now displayed correctly when converting BWAV files (e.g. by using Convert Files in Pool).
August 2nd, 2012Improvements:
RF64 file support:
· Nuendo 5.5.4 is able to handle RF64 files. RF64 allows for audio file sizes larger than 4 GB and thus overcomes the barrier of common WAV files. Thereby Nuendo automatically supports RF64 files coming from Nuendo Live, where RF64 is the standard recording filetype.
Nuendo Live project file compatibility:
· Nuendo 5.5.4 is fully compatible with Steinberg’s new live-recording software, Nuendo Live. The Nuendo Live project file can directly be opened within Nuendo, making it easy to transfer live-recorded audio material to the post-production studio.
· Tempo track: The user interface now remains responsive when the Tempo track is enabled.
· MediaBay: Closing Nuendo while a plug-in user interface or the video window is opened does no longer lead to a serious error.
· Editing: Audio events no longer lose their “on top” status after being moved.
· Audio: Hitpoint detection no longer results in different calculation results at 96￼￼￼￼￼￼￼ kHz.
· ￼￼￼Plug-in: When saving and loading Prologue presets, the fine-tune values are restored correctly now.
· Plug-in: REVerence now shows the right location path to user-imported IR files.
· the same track now works as expected.
· VST Dynamics: Placing different parts that contain VST Dynamics events on
· VST Dynamics: Under specific playback situations VST Dynamics events could translate to wrong velocities.
· MacBook Pro: When using a MacBook Pro with Ret
January 26th, 2012The following table lists all issues that have been resolved in this version:
· Project: "Delete time" command now works properly if signature track is enabled.
· Audio: Converting tracks containing audio from VST Sound Sets from multi-channel to mono format no longer renders the application unresponsive.
· Audio: Selecting multiple files in the pool executing an offline-process no longer processes the only the first selected file.
· Record: Recording MIDI in “merge” mode no longer creates additional MIDI parts instead of merging.
· Record: Sample rates different than 44.1kHz no longer lead to multiplication of lanes due to wrong overlap resolution on project load.
· Video: Switching between Projects, doesn’t lead to video issues anymore.
· Video: Audio / Video file length mismatch no longer occurs.
· MediaBay: Enabling the "Align beats to project" and "Wait for project play" options no longer leads to playback issues with loops in the MediaBay previewer.
· MediaBay: Deleting multiple attributes for an item no longer affects other attributes than those selected.
· MMediaBay: Naming folders with dots no longer leads to cropped names in the result view.
· MediaBay: When the preference "Scan unknown file types" is active, audio files without file extensions are now properly recognized when scanning.
· VST Bridge: VST 2 32-bit plug-ins in Nuendo in 64-bit mode under Mac OS X Lion are now displayed properly.
· VST-Bridge: Under OS X certain plug-ins no longer show up as bridged even though they were updated to support 64 bit.
· VST Expression: The VST Expression tab is now available in the Score Editor.
· VST Expression: When playing back in cycle mode all VST Expression commands are executed entirely.
· Track Freeze: Possible application crash when un-freezing HALion 4 Instrument Track is fixed.
· Marker position in exported CSV files is corrected for NTSC and HD frame rates.
· Control room volume can be operated from Euphonix MC controller when import or export window is opened.
· Transport: Using the scrubbing tool no longer leads to click noises.
· Sync: The sync frame rate is displayed properly in the Transport panel now.
· Plug-in: Using REVerence as an offline process plug-in now works properly.
· MIDI: Dragging a part no longer leads to inaccessibility on newly created MIDI tracks.
· Comping: Copying comped audio events no longer leads to moving instead of copying the events.
· Opening the Audio-Menu doesn't lead to unintended crossfades anymore.
· Interleaved multi-channel files in 5.0 format without BEXT meta data are now always interpreted as 5.0 files. (was: LCRS+LFE).
September 20th, 2011Fixes:
· When using the “Gridlines in front of parts/events” function, the performance of the User Interface does not diminish anymore.
· When using audio samples as metronome click, toggling the metronome on/off doesn’t lead to interruption of audio recordings.
· When Control Room with more than one Studio bus is active, the metronome click doesn’t drop out.
· Steinberg CI series audio hardware and Yamaha MOX synthesizer specific VST Connection port naming issues under Mac OS X Lion (10.7) systems is resolved.
· Using the Altiverb plug-in or Yamaha MOTIF Editors in a Project together with video material does not render the application unreliable anymore.
August 2nd, 2011
· MacOS 64-bit Support
· Video Engine Update
· Videplayout card support for Nuend5.5. 64- bit.
· Performance improvements especially for HD video material.
Editing Features added:
· Folder Track Edit Groups for Multitrack Editing
· New Comping/LaneEditing
· Controller Lane and Automation Scaling function
· Additional Folder Trackf unctions
· Audio Warp with élastique Proalgorithm
· Offline Processing edit-handles
· Export Note Pad Data as text
· Over hauled RecordingModes
· Changed orientation of Pop-up Toolbox on right-click
· Direct recall for Workspaces using key commands
· Export: event levels above +12dB will be set ta maximum of +12dB
· Export (embedded format): multichannel tracks will be split automatically
June 2nd, 2010Integrated toolset for ADR work and new video engine:
· Nuendo 5 comes with a wealth of features made for film and TV editors, mixers and video game sound designers. An important part of the day-to-day work in audio post-production is the recording of audio content that needs to be synchronized to the picture.
Spot and organize:
· Nuendo 5 allows the engineer to comprehensively spot and organize recording takes, such as for multiple roles by using a flexible marker track system. All marker tracks can be sorted and filtered in the marker window, which helps the user to keep the overview on the project. Nuendo 5 also reads CMX 3600 EDL lists provided by the video editor as well as exported and imported CSV formatted spotting and ADR lists.
New video engine:
· The new native video engine of Nuendo 5 is based on QuickTime. Not only does to provide better performance but also the ability to play out videos in real-time via FireWire, now also on Windows. The new video settings panel complements this top feature.
· Clip Packages allow the user to organize clusters of audio clips as one clip package file. After choosing an individual selection of audio files within the project in any constellation it can be saved as a handy package for later use. Clip Packages can be inserted to any other point in the project, archived in the MediaBay and can also be ported to another workstation, if needed.
· Sound editors are always looking for the best possibility to facilitate precise cutting tasks. With the new Nuendo 5 scrub wheel, precise editing is at the editor’s fingertips and interference noises belong to the past.
· Nuendo’s powerful file management tool, MediaBay, boasts a graphically reworked user interface to facilitate usability. The enhanced Previewer lets you pre-listen on events and enables the sound designer and editor to select a portion of an event which can then simply be dragged into the project.
· MediaBay can also be used to index and access tagged sound libraries on external hard drives. A sound editor can capture a catalog database via indexing the library, containing all tags and metadata. The index will reside on the portable hard disk. As soon as the portable hard disk is connected to another Nuendo workstation, the catalog (Volume Database) is instantly accessible.
Enhanced compatibility with Pro Tools audio files:
· With Nuendo 5 it’s easy to be industry compatible. For example, dual-mono tracks from Pro Tools can easily be converted to stereo interleaved files for an effective working in Nuendo 5. Edits and fades within the audio material will be retained. An option to split interleaved tracks and files to obtain multi-mono tracks is also provided.
· Nuendo’s deep and unique integration with Euphonix consoles is well-known the world over. The fifth version of Nuendo sees enhancements on the EuCon adapter which allows Euphonix clients to enjoy access to the new Nuendo 5 functions, directly from the surface of their consoles.
· Nuendo 5 includes unique mixer enhancements, tailored to professionals working with large film mixing projects. With the new routing capabilities, it is easy to set up multiple routing destinations for channels at a time. This also allows the creation of different mix versions of any session in one go. And, if necessary, up and down mixing is fully automated.
Superior automation system:
· Nuendo’s automation system is one of the most powerful systems in the world. The new automation system works with an enhanced pass-system which is shown as an undo-tree and enables the user to recall and compare different passes in order to find the ideal automation matching to the material.
A new generation of plug-ins:
· Surround Panner V5
· Pitch Driver
· REVerence convolution reverb
· Surround Matrix Encoder and Decoder
July 31st, 2009
· Improved / changed behavior of soloed or muted tracks in folder
· 24305 Improved / changed behavior of various solo or mute status of tracks regarding automation
· 24304 Improved / changed behavior of various copy / paste functions for soloed or muted tracks
· 23891 Improved stability of Network collaboration.
· 23720 Improved stability for malformed iXML data.
· 24044 Fixed: Offline Process History does not work after copying project to another computer
· 14439 Fixed: "Save to new project" fails if a Video track is in the project.
· 20390 Fixed: QuickTime videos at 29.97df are truncated.
· 23325 Fixed: QuickTime fullscreen mode on multi-display setups results in bad picture quality.
· 20545 Fixed: Crash when Nuendo is set to timecode 60 FPS but recieves 25 FPS.
· 21186 Fixed: Day wrap in 29.97df showed a gap.
· 23305 Fixed: After importing some OMF files the required audio files are missing.
· 22782 Fixed: Crash when importing BWAV files created with Cantar.
· 23338 Fixed: Crashes with certain Macros and the audio editor.
· 24302 Fixed: Occasionally Nuendo became unresponsive (freeze) when switching between projects or changing the routing
· if Direct-Monitoring was active.
· 21734 Fixed: Occasional crashes during frequent punch in/punch out operations
· 23261 Fixed: Occasional crashes when Auto Save option was enabled with certain projects
· 19393 Fixed: Importing via X-Send is missing
· 22475 Fixed: Automation read was inaccurate when using Virgin Territory.
· 22237 Fixed: Delete overlaps function does not delete all overlapping regions
· 22846 Fixed: Project window will scroll to the top after adding a marker in split track mode
· 21242 Fixed: Suspend Auto-scroll and preference "locate when clicking in empty space" resulted in unexpected behavior
· 23326 Fixed: Logical Editor functions "Linear Change in Loop" and "Relative Change in Loop" do not work with tracks in
· "Linear Time" mode.
· 21090 Fixed: Occasionally changing the control name for the Generic Remote did not work.
· 23445 Fixed: Some VST2 plug ins crash in surround formats 7.0 or higher.
August 15th, 2008
· Fixed: Crash may occur when freezing tracks
· Fixed: Notes are dropped under certain conditions
· Fixed: Crash may occur when exporting (audio mixdown)