May 16th, 2013New features and improvements:
· Infinite chat scrolling
· Improved find from a chat conversation
· Improved file transfer
· Improved send and receive contacts
· Support for Simplified Chinese
· Contact: Easier to add a new number to any existing contact.
· Contact: Easier to add a contact number from the Contacts list.
· Generic: Fixed random crash when waking from sleep.
· Generic: Fixed crashes due to outdated 3rd party plugins
· File Transfer: File transfer shows correct received size.
· Preferences: You can switch speakers from Preferences during the incoming call.
· Profile: You can add “Apply an effect” when editing display picture.
· Screen sharing: Picture-in-Picture for screen sharing will appear in case switching to the Contacts list.
· Skype Home: Disabling animated emoticons from Preferences will also take effect in the Skype Home view.
· Calling: Improved dial pad animation in the calling toolbar.
· Calling: You can use firewire device for Skype video call.
April 10th, 2013
· Contact: It is now easier to save a new number to any existing contact.
· Localization: Optimized Preferences menus for Korean.
· Conversations: You can create a line break by pressing Shift+Enter during message editing.
· Generic: “Add Contact Number” popover will be closed when conversation is switched using Option+Command+Left/Right arrow key on keyboard.
· Generic: The grid contact list will move when scrolling with arrow keys.
· Profile: You can can edit a contact with a full name and a custom nickname.
· Calling: Calling toolbar will stay open while “+” sub menu is expanded.
· Calling: The call monitor will appear in desktop space when Skype is not in focus.
· Profile: The “Add Number” and “Add to list” fields will be aligned in the Contact profile.
· Notification: Your contacts’ birthday notifications will appear as expected.
February 13th, 2013New features:
· eGifting: Skype user can now send a gift of credit to anyone they care about on their birthday
· One-way SMS without verifying your mobile number
· Account: Skype credit amount is now identical between Skype and account window
· File transfer: Progress bar will disappear after completion when downloading multiple files selectively
· Preferences: Skype quits normally with Audio/Video preferences open
· Sign in/out: Skype does not hang when signing out with Facebook account
· Contact: Messenger contacts will not be displayed in Skype contact group
· Screen Sharing: Free users attempting to screen share while sending video, can now screen share immediately after pressing ‘Continue with free call’ button in Premium Upsell window.
January 11th, 2013New features/improvements:
· Click to Call: Allows Skype users to dial numbers from Safari on Mac
· Improved user profile view
· In Preferences, Growl is not selectable and Skype reverts back to built-in notification
November 15th, 2012Resolved Issues:
· Crash occurred if user has OS X Mountain Lion and Retina display with external monitor attached
October 24th, 2012
· Microsoft and Facebook Account Integration - Sign up and sign-in is easier than ever. You can now sign into Skype using your Microsoft or Facebook account - there's no need to create a new Skype account. This makes it even easier to connect with friends on Skype without having to set up another account.
· IM friends on Messenger - Now you can instant message your Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts via Skype all in one place. If you use a Microsoft account today, merging your accounts is easy - just sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account.
· Calling with Messenger friends is coming soon - We're working on polishing a feature which will enable audio and video calls to Windows Live Messenger customers using Skype desktop clients. The feature will be available in coming weeks.
· Open Chats in Multiple Windows - We hear your feedback! With this release we've added support to open chats in multiple windows.
· Retina Display Support - We also added another feature you've asked for - support Retina display. Now you can take full advantage of improved usability and of higher resolution screens.
September 14th, 2012
· Sharing Instant Messages with friends on Messenger - You can now sign in with your Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID), and see presence as well as send and receive IM messages from your friends who are using Messenger, Xbox, Hotmail or Outlook.com.
· Improved Facebook integration - You can now sign in directly with your Facebook account, without needing to first create a Skype account.
· Link Microsoft and Facebook accounts to a Skype account - If you sign in with a Microsoft or Facebook account you will be offered the option to link your Skype account. If you choose the link option then Skype will display a combined list of friends. This is an area we are still working through so please let us know about your experience.
· Different conversations can now be opened in separate windows by selecting this option in Preferences (General -> Open conversation in new window when I double-click in the sidebar).
· IM - IM area becomes blurry after scrolling in Mountain Lion
· Video - 1:1 Screen sharing is not working in some languages: Danish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and Korean.
July 20th, 2012
· IM: Skype client crashes during a Skype IM session, which may in some cases result in the last IM entered or sent prior to the crash being delivered to a different IM contact after the Skype client is rebooted or logged in as a new user.
· File Sending: It was not possible to save files sent on Hard Disk Drive formatted to FAT32 format
July 5th, 2012
· bug fixes and stability improvements
June 14th, 2012
· More Compact Contacts Monitor
· Improved Screen Sharing (Premium)
· OS X Mountain Lion Ready
· Resizable Contact List Columns
· Improved SMS Usability
· Improved automatic reorientation of mobile video calls
· Keyboard shortcut for Volume Control
May 10th, 2012Resolved Issues:
· Sign-in: Issues with login window for some users
April 12th, 2012
· Overall improvements to the product quality and calling experience.
· Chat - IM area becomes blurry after scrolling.
March 7th, 2012
· Automatic Updates
· Improved UI for group video calling
· New full screen mode in OS X Lion
· Ability to delete conversations
· Ability to disable Audio Gain Control
· Conversations: Chat messages aren't shown after clearing recent conversations or closing the last one
· Calling: Choppy audio issue with USB headset while in group call
· Calling: Call toolbar does not appear after call is ended
· Contacts: Selection of contacts in the contact list
February 2nd, 2012
· Improved video call stability and improvements to the calling interface.
January 12th, 2012Improved Call UI:
· We have improved the discoverability of Call UI like Windows and iOS that users can easily mute, send video, share screen, send file and add people during a call.
Accept incoming call with video:
· Now users can easily accept incoming call with or without video.
· Fixed random dialpad pop-up
· Improvements in quality and stabilization
November 17th, 2011New features:
· Facebook-to-Facebook call from within Skype
· Added the ability to view your Facebook friends' online status
· Video rendering giving a smoother video experience for Mac users
· Users who are chatting one-on-one will also be able to screen share with live video streaming
· Skype names ending with period do not work properly
· Spanish version of Skype client does not launch
September 15th, 2011
· Introduces the same Facebook integration found in Skype 5.5 for Windows: We are excited to finally deliver Facebook integration to our Mac users. Just like in our Windows client, you will now be able to IM and connect with your Facebook friends without leaving Skype. You will also be able to read and update your News Feed, as well as comment and 'Like' your Facebook friends' posts - all within Skype for Mac. To connect to Facebook, simply sign into Skype, click on the Connect to Facebook tab and enter your Facebook sign in details.
Introduces an advertising platform:
· If you are a paying Skype consumer or have Skype Credit, you won't see any display ads. This is similar to the model that is currently being used in our Skype for Windows client.
September 1st, 2011Includes following fixes:
· Sometimes Skype crashed during video calls
· Fixes a problem in Norwegian localization which could lead to client freeze
August 8th, 2011
· Updated contact list view - Contacts are listed in Name, Favorites, Status, Tags (formerly Group) and Location allowing users to find contacts easily. Also you can easily add a contact as Favorites.
· New contact grid view - We have improved contact grid view optimized for calling.
· Support for OS X Lion
· Minor improvements
July 27th, 2011
· Updated localizations
· The removal of "Professional Account"
· Minor improvements
July 5th, 2011
· Users can now share their screen during a group video call.
· Video in the call control bar. With Skype 5.2 for Mac, if you're on a video call and wish to switch to another program, you can still see the person you're talking to, as well as be able to hang up, or mute - all from the call control bar.
· Made it easier to find your most active conversations under Recents in the sidebar and added a history section where you can see those that are less active.
May 28th, 2011
· Skype crashed on startup for users who were affected by Skype issue on 26.05.2011
May 10th, 2011
· Security updates
· Resolves video freezing in high-packet loss networks
· Fixes minor bugs
April 18th, 2011
· Minor bug fixes
· Skype shows all Skype contacts on launch
March 24th, 2011Key updates from this release:
· Participants in group calls can easily identify active speakers you can select recent called numbers stored in the dial pad.
· In addition, we have fixed many issues including the iSight Firewire webcam detection problem. With this version, you can also provide us with your call quality feedback after a call ends. Thanks to all of you who have let us know about your issues.
· Focus on active speakers in group calls
· Dial recently called numbers from dial pad
· Contact groups shown in on the right hand side, allowing more space in the side bar
· Call Quality Feedback
· Several minor bug fixes
November 4th, 2010New user interface:
· The overhauled experience keeps you in contact with all people close to you, whether in business or privately. Skype 5.0 for Mac unifies all your phone, SMS, video, and chat communication, one-to-one or with multiple people.
Group Video Calling:
· Group video calling enabled a groups of up to 10 participants to meet each other over video. It's a good way for separated families to talk with each other or to host a business meetings from various offices. Group video calling requires a modern computer with a fast internet connection. For best quality (VGA quality) 10-way group video call all the participants will need about 5 megabits symmetrical bandwidth and a computer powered by Intel core i5 or i7 processor. You can make a call with slightly lower quality with less powerful machines. The system requirements are lower for fewer participants.
Improved experience during network-compromised calls:
· We have improved your experience on calls when you or the other side of the call is experiencing network glitches. In these cases Skype will try to either find a better relays for the call, or, if not possible, to re-connect the call for you automatically.
Offline Instant Messaging:
· Now you are able to send and receive messages from your buddies when they're offline. The message will be delivered straight after the receiving party logs into Skype, no matter if the sender is online or not. This feature works only for contacts where both sides are on version which supports Offline IM, e.g. either on Mac or Windows 5.0 releases.
· User Interface refresh
· 10-way group video calling
· New contact and chat content search
· Offline instant messaging support
· Improved experience during network-compromised calls
· Automatically recover dropped calls.
· Join an ongoing conference call
· During a call, access call controls when in another application
· View online contact using the contact monitor
· Add additional phone numbers to your contacts
· Browse your contacts using the Avatar View
· Improved support for VoiceOver and more keyboard shortcuts
· Easily edit or delete your own message using the new chat style
· See built-in notifications for incoming messages and when contacts have gone online
October 29th, 2010Fixed issues:
· Fixed login issues to Skype
February 10th, 2010Fixed:
· Skype Access - Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Skype Access was not working.
· Calling - Skype occasionally crashed when the host of a conference call would hang up on one participants during the call.
· Calling - Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Users were unable to call phone numbers via their Mac Addressbook.
· Instant Messaging - Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard- Some animated emotions were not displayed correctly.
· Profile - Skype crashed due to invalid avatars (occurred seldom).
· Miscellaneous - Users some times experienced an "Unable to mount database" error message when launching Skype.
· Miscellaneous - Skype crashed when a user quit after opening an authorization missed event.
· Miscellaneous - Platform specific: OS X 10.3 Panther - Occasionally Skype crashed right after an account was created.
September 17th, 2009
· Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Call Phones and Send SMS window “Type number” text field is too dark
· Chat window does not refresh properly when chatting with a user whose avatar file is corrupted
· When creating a new contact request, the option to request to see the contact's status but not let them see yours is disabled
· In a contact request, the option to add a new contact to your Contact list is disabled when the user chooses not to let the contact see when they are online
· In a contact request, new contacts are added to a user's Contact list even when they uncheck the option to add them
· When screen sharing in fullscreen mode, the user can't click on Skype menu items at the top of the screen
· Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard – Layout issues in the video window when a video call is put on hold. The Hold button appears over the Call on Hold message
· Skype sometimes crashes when plugging in or removing a webcam
· Skype sometimes crashes soon after launching when an auto-config (PAC) file was used to connect to the internet
· Skype sometimes crashes when shutting down
· Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Main window does not display properly when signing in as another user from the Account menu
July 20th, 2009Skype Access:
· An incorrect notification message appeared “This Wi-Fi hotspot does not support Skype Access” when users tried to connect to Skype Access when Airport was set to off.
· Text was not visible within the chat input field that contained a certain Unicode character. Platform specific ‐ Skype for Mac OXS 10.3 (Panther); Skype froze after deleting unread missed events. Mood message appeared blank after playing iTunes.
· Contacts: Contacts were still visible in the “Manage Contact Groups” after deleting them from the Contact List. Video appeared blank between Skype for Windows and Skype for Mac. A video error message appeared at the beginning of a video call.
· Video: Video and screen sharing functionality did not work after a multi‐ chat Recipients screen remained black after screen sharing was resumed. A green line appeared when screen sharing between Skype for Windows and Skype for Mac OXS 10.4 (Tiger).
· Screen sharing: Skype froze when screen sharing between Skype for Windows and Skype for Mac. An incorrect informative message appeared when entering more than 20 characters for a password.
· Miscellaneous: The Show in Finder option was not available after cancelling a file transfer.
· Platform specific – OSX 10.3 (Panther); Skype could not connect to the network. Skype froze when selecting “Quit Skype”. The typing indicator appeared within a Multi‐chat even though no one was typing. An incorrect informative message appeared when trying to call an emergency number. Commas were not visible in mood messages. A users name and password field appeared blank after selecting the option "Remember my name and password on this computer" . An error message appeared when dragging and dropping a participant to an SMS group. An error message appeared when closing the SMS window after sending to multiple recipients. SMS functionality did not recognize newly updated telephone numbers associated to Skype Out contacts. SMS Ringing sound was not available on incoming calls.
January 6th, 2009
· feature: Skype Access
· feature: Screen sharing
· feature: Sort chats in the chat drawer
· feature: Set priorities to chats
· feature: Quick Add: quick and simple way to add people to chats
· feature: Mood message chat: mood updates from your contacts listed in a chat
· feature: Large avatars: 256x256 pixels
· feature: Add your own notes to contacts
· feature: Profile picture selector (Mac OS X 10.5 only)
· feature: Support of Spotify links in your mood and chats
· improvement: Improved bandwidth allocation methods
· improvement: Improved copy/paste capabilities of messages in a chat
· improvement: Cmd-shift-E shortcut to edit your last chat message
· improvement: Ability to change your profile picture can now be initiated by double-clicking on your profile picture
· improvement: Technical call info window can now be triggered manually
· improvement: Improvement of chat split-view resizing
· improvement: Added skype: uri handler topic and token parameter support for "call" command
· improvement: Warning message added in chat window when writing to a mobile device user who is not able to receive chats
· improvement: Improved Leave Chat alert layout and messages
· improvement: When a new call is started, default call volume is set to 25% if it was lower before
· improvement: When multiple files are received via file sending, clicking the main file icon will now open all the files
· improvement: Improvements to accuracy of contacts online status
· improvement: Usability for VoiceOver users
· localization: Added Brazilian Portuguese by Fabio Roselet
· localization: Added Polish by Bohdan Zielinski
· localization: Added Estonian
· change: Search field is default focus in history window
· change: When user shows an iTunes song in their mood, it is preceded by a musical note character
· change: No longer possible to send chat messages containing only whitespace characters
· change: Appearance of contact groups
· change: Removal of grey area beside chat text window, emoticon button now inside chat text window
· change: Merged block and unblock menu items
· change: New tabbed layout in the profile information window
· change: Status of SMS messages now changes: Sending -> Sent -> Delivered
· change: Duplicate Skype Out contacts from address book will not be displayed
· bugfix: It was not possible to start a chat with a contact who was not in contact list
· bugfix: Occasionally when a person was added to a conference call, he was automatically put on hold
· bugfix: Conference call window kept aspect ratio when resizing
· bugfix: File sending failed when file with the same name already existed
· bugfix: Hang Up button had wrong label in the chat window while a call was in progress
· bugfix: Sometimes Skype crashed after a SMS/text was sent
· bugfix: Under certain rare circumstances,the main window stopped responding when a birthday event was clicked on
· bugfix: If user had multiple online numbers, only the first one was displayed in Skype services panel
· bugfix: When user removed a custom sound for an event, it was replaced with the first sound in the list, not with the default one
· bugfix: Previous username was shown in the title of the main window when "Sign In as Another User" was clicked
· bugfix: When user edited a landline/mobile phone contact the phone number was not validated
· bugfix: Video button in call window was not replaced with dialpad button when call was forwarded to a phone number
· bugfix: Sometimes the yellow alerts inside the chat window disappeared when "view earlier messages" was clicked
· bugfix: Some video preferences were still enabled after "Enable Skype Video" was unselected
· bugfix: Occasionally the incoming call window was displayed offscreen
· bugfix: 'Call On Hold' was not removed when user resumed a video call
· bugfix: After writing multi-line feed message with /me chat command, the text was not displayed correctly
· bugfix: When the topic of a public chat was locked and a non-host tried to change it then the user couldn't see the original topic
· bugfix: To and from fields were mixed up for file sending with multiple files
· bugfix: In some rare cases after signing in as another user, some chat messages from previous user were still visible
· bugfix: Sometimes the call window disappeared when adding an unauthorized contact to a conference call
· bugfix: 'Add to Contacts' command didn't work in the context menu of the history list
· bugfix: Call Transfer menu was also shown for outgoing calls
· bugfix: Clicking "Show in Finder" on a file which was being sent showed "File not found" message
· bugfix: Skype URI skype:username always initiated a call, instead of triggering the default action (chat or call)
· bugfix: Skypename was not pre-set, when signed out after password was changed
· bugfix: When a call to an emergency or short number was dialled, Skype didn't display the appropriate message
· bugfix: After a manual update, "Upgrade Skype" missed event didn't disappear
· bugfix: Proxy authentication window kept popping up although correct credentials were entered
· bugfix: Pressing return-key in the landline/mobile phone caller window did not start call
· bugfix: Fixed layouts of hold and mute overlay views of the call window in some localizations
· bugfix: Password error message was incorrect when creating account or changing account password
· bugfix: Country codes of Address Book contacts were not updated when default country code had been changed in Skype preferences
· bugfix: Minor problem with emoticon set name in French version
· bugfix: Error #6520 (calls to landlines and mobiles) did not have a description
· bugfix: Call and chat buttons were shown for undisclosed and unrecognized numbers in history list
· bugfix: String "(host)" was not localized in conference call window
· bugfix: Some "speak text" notifications didn't understand @ sign
· bugfix: Mood is now cleared when 'show iTunes song' is enabled and user stops iTunes
· bugfix: iTunes song info is not shown/updated in mood when status is offline/invisible
· bugfix: Old mood was not restored when iTunes was paused
· bugfix: An old song that the user listened to a few days ago was set as the mood when user paused iTunes
· bugfix: Turning off iTunes in your mood while playing music did not restore previous mood set by the user
· bugfix: It was impossible to close technical call info window in full screen video call
· bugfix: If a phone number contained a hyphen in a chat, it didn't appear as a clickable link
· bugfix: Mobile contacts did not have corresponding icon in contact list
· bugfix: Sometimes the number of missed events was incorrect
· bugfix: Artifacts appeared below contact name if their mood contained newline characters
· bugfix: Emoticons were case sensitive
· bugfix: Right click on a link in chat window and selecting "Open link" opened the link in Skype chat window
· bugfix: User was unable to send SMS to a number which began with +00 in Address Book
· bugfix: The summary of several files being sent showed the file as being sent even when it was being received
· bugfix: Canceling a file selection in the file sending dialog caused an error
· bugfix: Camera icon on the contact card in the contact list was sometimes hidden
· bugfix: If there were several files sent together, then "Remove from list" didn't work for a single file
· bugfix: Sometimes call window remained open with "unhandled state" message
· bugfix: Sometimes when adding a person into a video call, the whole application did not respond for 15 seconds
· bugfix: It was not possible to set country to not specified in profile
· bugfix: Address book options was not honored on showing contact name order
· Skype API: Implemented GET/SET AVATAR
· Skype API: MUTE related API calls were not working properly for non-host in conference call
· Skype API: Implemented GET CONTACTS FOCUSED
· Skype API: Implemented SEARCH ACTIVECHATS
· Skype API: Implemented GET CHAT property (name, timestamp, adder, posters, members, topic, activemembers, friendlyname)
· Skype API: Implemented SEARCH ACTIVECALLS
· Skype API: GET CHAT PROPERTY accepted only properties written as uppercase string
· Skype API: Implemented GET CHAT properties: ACTIVITY_TIMESTAMP, BOOKMARKED, MYROLE, MYSTATUS
· Skype API: Implemented CREATE CHAT
· Skype API: OPEN CHAT did not respond
· Skype API: Implemented SET PROFILE MOOD_TEXT
· Skype API: SEARCH ACTIVECALLS did not return call members
· Updated all localizations: French - Jean-Pierre Kuypers, German - Claudius Henrichs, Traditional Chinese - Carlos Lee, Italian - Domenico Cianci, Dutch - Alexander Henket, Spanish - Carola Clavo, Portuguese (Portugal) - Francisco Miguel Ferreira, Japanese - Mayu Shimizu, Norwegian - Kenneth Stevenson, Russian -Igor Pryadkin, Czech .
May 15th, 2008
· improvement: added NAT-PMP support
· improvement: added uPnP support
· improvement: added Authenticated Proxy support
· bugfix: 3-4 second delay when hanging up video call
· bugfix: sometimes Skype crashed when applying changes in Edit Profile window
· bugfix: "Add to Contacts" command was not working for 1-on-1 chats in history view
· bugfix: "Add to list" button was cut off in Start Conference and Add Users to Chat windows on Tiger
· bugfix: Safari 3.1 (4525.13) chats time-name were getting cut off.
· bugfix: Abnormal exit on declining two sent files.
· bugfix: Add and remove buttons were cut off in Send Contacts window on Leopard
· bugfix: Add to Contacts command didn't work in the context menu of the history list
· bugfix: Address Book phone numbers with custom tags were not shown in Skype
· bugfix: Call Transfer menu not updating when new contacts were added
· bugfix: Chats were loosing their topics
· bugfix: crash/hangup on skype credit change when old SMS chats open for long time
· bugfix: default call window height was too small
· bugfix: do not add chats without activity timestamp to event history
· bugfix: fix for delayed sms delivery notifications
· bugfix: flag icons not showing in upper case
· bugfix: Freeze with lots of Address Book contacts (>3000)
· bugfix: history entries became blank when right-clicked on Leopard
· bugfix: Improvements to audio sync
· bugfix: it was not possible to use the context menus of conference call participants when the call was muted or on hold
· bugfix: it was possible to change the value of sound level indicators in conference calls
· bugfix: Leading 0 was removed when user tried to call to Italian landline number - they need leading 0
· bugfix: missed events badge was missing from chat drawer after Skype restart
· bugfix: outgoing calls that went to voicemail didn't have icons in the history view
· bugfix: own voice level indicator was still moving when conference call was muted
· bugfix: Skype crashed after "Delete all SMS Messages" was pressed
· bugfix: sometimes Skype got stuck in the login process when Address Book integration was enabled
· bugfix: sometimes window artifacts appeared when having two simultaneous calls
· bugfix: Status does not reset correctly after screensaver triggers away if Set my status to Away when inactive for 0 minutes was set
· bugfix: strange sound start happening on end of the call (Apple Bug ID5796436)
· bugfix: when being signed in on at least two Macs and answering a call on one machine, then ringing didn't not stop on the second machine
· bugfix: When chats are closed after draging them around, wrong chat gets activated
· bugfix: when placing a call, then sometimes the word "Button" was briefly displayed instead of the phone number
· bugfix: Word wrap in Public chat settings window
· bugfix: Workaround for strange large number startTimestamp on some chats (preventing chat history links displaying)
· bugfix: yellow alert were hiding chat topics quite often.
· change: replaced SkypeIn with Online Number
· change: increased minimum size of SkypeOut Caller Window
· change: new User Registration Window: By default, eMail notifications checked
· change: pop-up dialog to enable or disable Address Book integration
· change: sometimes duration of some calls was displayed as 1193 hours in the call history
· change: sound event for contact coming online is now off by default
· Skype API: BTN_RELEASED NO clears quickfilter field now (previously removed the last character only