February 27th, 2013
· FFT calculations are now performed with double precision (64-bit).
· Triggering works properly in the FFT Analyzer tool.
· An arbitrary solid color can be specified for the bars in the Octave, Meter Bridge, and Sound Level Meter tools.
· Several bugs that could potentially cause the app to crash have been corrected.
· Other minor and cosmetic issues have been addressed.
February 5th, 2013
· Help files now open in the default web browser.
· Help is now available from within the app as a PDF file.
· Spectrogram behavior upon loading from a project file has been improved.
· The stability of all FFT-based tools has been improved.
· Other minor and cosmetic issues have been addressed.
August 7th, 2012
· Built for Mountain Lion.
· Fixes several bugs.
April 25th, 2012
· Maintenance release which corrects an issue that could lead to a crash when opening project without that project's audio device connected to the Mac. An issue with saved XY Plotters in the project file has also been addressed.
February 4th, 2012
· Fixes a crashing bug for Snow Leopard users.
February 2nd, 2012
· Corrects an issue that halted live updates of bar meters and fixes a bug that could potentially cause the app to crash.
November 30th, 2011
· Maintenance release
March 26th, 2011
· Version 3.0.1 corrects a bug that prevented proper saving of wave and AIFF audio files in the SLM and Signal Generator tools.
March 8th, 2011
· Version 3 sports an improved user interface.
· Up to two tools of each type may be added to a project.
· User preferences are available for individual tools.
· Default audio device configurations, including channel labels, units, and sensitivity can be saved.
· Virtual input channels can be added to audio input devices. Two-channel signal arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply) is now supported.
· Arbitrary FFT lengths may be specified in FFT-based analysis tools.
· The Spectrogram supports log frequency scales and real-time 3D spectrogram display.
· Version 3 includes various other improvements over previous versions.
· SignalScope Pro may now be purchased and maintained through the Mac App Store.
November 12th, 2010
· Channel count changes for multi-channel audio devices are handled dynamically, avoiding potential crashes.
· Several other minor bugs have been corrected.
May 27th, 2010
· Output channels of certain multi-channel audio interfaces, such as the MOTU UltraLite mk3, are properly enumerated.
· Audio device channel gains on certain devices, such as the Wavelength Proton USB DAC, are properly restored when opening project files.
May 7th, 2010
· Maintenance release that improves the stability of the application.
February 9th, 2010
· A maintenance release that improves the stability of the application.
January 13th, 2010
· Version 2.1.7 is a maintenance release that improves the stability of the application.
January 6th, 2010
· Impulse time weighting now passes the tone burst tests specified in ANSI S1.4.
· The recent projects menu gets updated properly again.
· Some AppleScript behaviors were corrected.
· This release includes other minor bug fixes, stability enhancements, and cosmetic refinements.
September 2nd, 2009
· Improves compatibility with Snow Leopard (Mac OS X, version 10.6).
· Memory management and stability have been improved.
· Product updates can now be automatically retrieved and installed.
· Individual input channel calibration is now possible within the Device I/O Setup window.
· Some oscilloscope triggering issues have been corrected.
· Fractional-octave-band filters exhibit more accurate band edges and improved CPU performance.
· Other minor bugs and cosmetic issues have been corrected.
February 11th, 2009
· Input channel selection now relies on checkboxes and radio buttons for more intuitive operation.
· Unaffected channel settings are preserved when the input channel selection changes.
· The new Meter Bridge tool behaves like a multi-channel version of the Sound Level Meter.
· Up and Down auto-scaling options have been added to the FFT Analyzer and Oscilloscope tools.
· Changes made to table rows can be applied to all rows in the FFT Analyzer and Oscilloscope control drawers.
· The Signal Generator tool now supports processing the output signals with up to three Audio Units plug-ins.
· The Signal Generator tool now supports streaming its output signals to WAVE or AIFF audio files.
· Verstion 2.1 includes numerous bug fixes and stability enhancements.
February 13th, 2008
· Completely redesigned, all new code
· Compatible with Leopard
· Comprehensive AppleScript support
· Each analyzer now resides in its own independent window.
· Audio device and analyzer configurations and acquired data can be saved in project files.
· Displays are accelerated with OpenGL graphics for on-screen drawing, and use Quartz 2D for high resolution off-screen drawing to PDF files or the printed page.
· Zoom and Pan cursor types are available for most data displays.
· Each analyzer has received numerous enhancements.
· The FFT Analyzer, Oscilloscope, and Meter Bridge tools can analyze multiple (more than 2) channels simultaneously.
· Current data can be captured for later review or export.
· Captured data can be exported to tab-delimited ascii text or MAT-files.
· Some analyzers allow live data to be overlaid on captured data for quick review.
· Independent calibration of device voltages and individual input/output channels is possible.
· Various units, such as Volts, Amps, and Pascals, are supported for input and output channels.
· Devices and input/output channel names are customizable (names are saved in project files).
· New tools: Sound Level Meter, Meter Bridge, and Signal Generator
· SignalScope Pro's new stereo signal generator supports Audio Unit generator plug-ins.
· Analyzers can take signal generator output directly.
· Numerous other improvements and enhancements