December 28th, 2009New offerings:
· The PASW Bootstrapping module will make it easy for analysts to use this valuable technique
· The PASW Direct Marketing module will enable marketers to run key analyses on their own
· A new product, PASW Statistics Developer, will make it easy to work with R and share procedures with others
· The Automated Data Preparation feature (in PASW Data Preparation) detects and corrects quality errors in one efficient step
New analysis and reporting:
· New nonparametric tests (in PASW Statistics Base)
· Post-computed categories (in PASW Custom Tables)
· Significance tests (in PASW Custom Tables)
· Rule checking in Secondary SPC Charts (in PASW Statistics Base)
Improved architecture and technology:
· Improved performance and display for large pivot tables for all modules
· Enhanced Model Viewer allows for interactive visualizations for Two Step Cluster analysis and Nonparametric tests (in PASW Statistics Base), and Automated Data Preparation (in PASW Data Preparation)
· Improved performance of commonly used procedures such as Frequencies, Crosstabs, Descriptive statistics (in PASW Statistics Base Server)
· Additional support of 64-bit hardware on Windows and Mac platforms
September 10th, 2009
· A problem in which launching the application by double clicking on the .sav file launches the application but doesn't open the data file was fixed.
· A bug in the Output Viewer in which many tables not displaying in output (Processing...) was fixed.
· A problem whereby the network version of Statistics 17 would not run on Windows 2003 server 64-bit was repaired.
· An issue with aggregating to a new dataset did not display the aggregated data in new dataset was resolved.
· A problem in the Output Viewer whereby collapsed output did not stay collapsed after save and reopen was fixed.
· The shortcut for opening the file menu was restored to Alt-D
· In the Chart Editor, a problem that occurred when changing any scale values on the x and y-axes for any chart inserts an additional zero for the maximum value if user interface was set to a Non-English language was fixed.
· An issue when importing Excel 2007 data on a German operating system resulted in decimal values being dropped was resolved.
· A problem in which page attributes: font, font size, font style could not be modified was fixed.
· A problem in which running syntax produced "An unknown error occurred processing DataSetMsg::class ClGetDataMsg" was fixed.
· An issue in which the Text Import Wizard hung at step 4 out of 6 was resolved.
· An issue in which PROXIMITIES had a fetching error with large data files was fixed.
· When converting old Tables syntax, a problem in which the syntax converter lead to "Receive Error: (16305) no error" was fixed.
· A problem in which Export to Database was not able to Export to Excel Files was fixed.
· An error when activating license on Linux was fixed.
· An issue in which an "extra" add-on menu occurred was resolved.
· A problem in which the "push" of network install gave the License Authorization Wizard instead of the commuter license utility was fixed.
· An inability to save output file containing many tables was fixed.
· A problem with Transform and the Recode into same Variables selection was fixed.
· An error in which merging files did not merge all of the defined Multiple Response Sets was repaired.
December 17th, 2008
· A problem whereby COXREG would not save DFBETAs or partial residuals with 10 or more parameters in model was fixed.
· A bug in the Database Wizard DB opening XML files was repaired.
· A problem was fixed in the Export to Database Wizard when saving to MySQL.
· A defect in which the Tree diagram did not honor currency and dot format was resolved.
· A problem with exporting portable file with Scandinavian characters was fixed.
· German versions 16 & 17 do not paste string predictor names in binary logistic regression /contrast subcommands.
· An error whereby TREE assignment rules included extreme exponent was fixed.
· A problem in which the Text Wizard allowed invalid characters in variable names was fixed.
· A data import issue for Excel 2007 files on German OS in which decimal values were dropped was resolved.
· A data import issue for Excel files opened on German OS lead to an 'Error accessing the Excel file' message was fixed.
· Mixed fixed effects sensitive to magnitude of dependent variable, floating point problems.
· A problem in CROSSTABS category counts being incorrect if two "zero" values existed in the data set fixed.
· A problem in which repeating nested R program blocks lead to instability was repaired.
· An issue in which the SCRIPT command fails to .ExecuteInsert was fixed.
· Performance was improved for AGGREGATE.
· An error in which GENLIN mislabeled the kernel of log likelihood for binomial logit models was fixed.
· A problem in which the line of dendrogram slips out of place in double byte languages was fixed.
· A problem on Mac and Linux in which all records where not being exported to Excel was repaired.
· Importing any Japanese SAS data containing with Japanese data was improved.
· A problem with chart templates whereby marker properties did not apply to subsequent control charts was fixed.
· An issue when exporting to Stata lead to incorrect value labels was resolved.
· An issue when exporting output to Excel in which some values get displayed in scientific notation was resolved.
· The appearance of pivot tables in the Viewer and when printed was improved.
· An issue in which Print/Print Preview split a long table in odd spots was improved.
· An issue in the syntax editor in which running a syntax command with a blank right after the command terminator lead to Error 5213 was fixed.
· A problem importing Excel 2007 files with double byte characters lead to invalid variable names was fixed.
· A problem in GLM in which the VS keyword on the POSTHOC subcommand could not be used correctly was fixed.
· An issue in the Data Editor in which calculated values displayed with incorrect precision was resolved.
· A problem in the Data Editor in which certain time values could not be entered was fixed.
· A problem in the Production Facility in which no output for Excel or PowerPoint was produced was fixed.
· An issue whereby Excel 2007 file (.xlsx) caused Java Virtual Machine error was resolved.
· A problem in which text export stripped linefeeds in log items was fixed.
· An issue in Copy Data Properties in which data properties from wrong open dataset were used was fixed.
· An issue in which a recent Mac update on Leopard blew out text in calculator buttons on Compute and Select Cases dialogs was fixed.
· A problem whereby copying and pasting of more than one variables lead to a freeze was fixed.
· Rescaling of wide tables was improved.
· In the Data editor, a problem when drawing the width of a column caused the mouse cursor to jump to the top was fixed.
· A problem in which changing the default directory for data files in Options broke Python programming was fixed.
August 14th, 2008
· Improved Research and Reporting Tools
· Multiple imputation of missing values: allows you to quickly and accurately estimate data where entries are missing for better results (In SPSS Missing Values add-on module)
· Enhanced Syntax Editor: create, correct, and test syntax with a minimum of errors in shorter time
· Improved Microsoft Office integration: create cleanly formatted Office reports faster for timely delivery to decision makers
· More accessible to both business users and expert statistical programmers
· Custom Dialog Builder: quickly create new interfaces for custom or existing SPSS procedures, making it easier for beginners and generalists to drive results
· SPSS EZ RFM add-on: boost direct marketing and sales efforts by enabling marketers to easily perform recency, frequency, and monetary value (RFM) analysis
· Easier Enterprise Integration, Deployment and Management
· Deeper integration between SPSS Statistics and SPSS Predictive Enterprise Services: allows teams using SPSS Statistics and Clementine from SPSS Inc. to work seamlessly together, with options that allow you to deploy the very best models from each product
· Extended administration tools: control and optimize the performance of SPSS Statistics Server and quickly pinpoint bottlenecks and issues
· Additional multi-threaded procedures: improved performance on multi-core hardware allows more efficient data preparation, analysis, and report creation
May 7th, 2008
· This hotfix addresses a problem where syntax from multi-line fields is generated on one VERY long line - although every 100 bytes has quotes and ' '.
January 28th, 2008
· This Hotfix fixes a problem in which non-7-bit ASCII characters in the TEMP environment variable or other default paths used by SPSS cause error 1216 and subsequent program termination.