December 30th, 2011
· Bug #142 - Backspace doesn't reset truck correctly on mesh terrains.
· Bug #737 - RoRBot Sideways when exiting flipped vehicle
· Bug #843 - Impostor images need RoR to be run as administrator
· added feature: impostor images will be searched in all resource groups before being generated
· new character integrated - by 09Challenger - WIP
· new truck spawn limit: increased from 64 to 5000
· added ability to specify collision limits in the .terrn file: http://www.rigsofrods.com/wiki/pages/Terrn_file_description#Collision_limits
· fixed "large address awareness" bit for RoR: RoR can now allocate more memory without crashing
· fixed configurator installing user folder again, fixes Bug #795 and Bug #891
· fixed possible crash when invalid plugins were loaded. Added benefit: DX10/DX11 might work on some systems
· stripped big maps from the default release - to be redone
· added new scripting functions: beam.getGForces(), setMaterialTextureName, setMaterialTextureRotate, setMaterialTextureScroll, setMaterialTextureScale
March 24th, 2010
· new threading type that enables you to use the full power of your multicore-CPU
February 22nd, 2010content changes:
· new stream concept: you can subscribe to streams that feature a certain type of content. Running the installer will update the streams and the game at the same time.
new features / improvements:
· new installation method: online installer that also acts as an update service. Benefit: no need to download big releases anymore. Just download the differences required to update.
· new network code: character support and load support for multiplayer!
· configurable differentials
· new ground models, new ground behavior. More configurable and supporting basic fluid dynamics. Also supports custom ground types.
· new slow-motion replay function that shows whats happening at 1/2000 of a second
· new friction GUI: open via main menu
· new main menu: open with ALT+M
· new overview map using mygui, WIP!
· LOD's for objects and flexbodies
· positionstorage feature added: save and load truck positions
· improved AngelScript Interface (currently disfunctional)
· camera improvements for detachable parts
· new beam break debug in log
· support for mesh terrains: disable switch for mesh terrains: add "disable=1" to the terrains.cfg file to hide the complete terrain
· Force feedback for steering wheels. G25/27 now completely supports (G27 with LEDs) (also: H-Shift error fixes and slider fixes)
· repair on spot - feature: backspace key
· new particle system that works together with the new ground models: splash still broken, WIP!
· new character animations: driving (sitting behind the steering wheel)
· new beam deformation improvements: better crash deformations
· Slidenodes: tank tracks! :)
· Depth of Field: experimental, not used by default, WIP!
· slight speedup by optimizing core code
· updated to Ogre 1.6
· possibility to use DX10, experimental, disabled by default!
· glow effect for lights (look at docu)
· multiplayer colour mode: player is uniquely identified by a colour when joining a server.
· new loader type: allbeam
· added crashrpt to project: decent crash reporting for windows users
· POVs and sliders are now fully supported ingame and in the configurator.
· skidmark fixes
· fixed propulsed wheels bug
· fixed several axle explosion bugs
· fixed torque miscalculations
· Sound improvements: ability to select sound output device now
· lots of minor crashes fixed (too much to write down here)
· lots of configurator crash fixes
· fixed several truck deletion bugs
· several beam stability patches
· fixed resource loading from folders
· 674 revisions in 214 days = 3.14 changes per day :)
authors that contributed to this release:
· pricorde (fixes, Force feedback support)
· estama (core beam physics)
· aperion (locking diffs)
· lifter (several beam features)
· petern (several fixes, spot-on repair mode)
· knied (macosx fixes)
· nagyimre (non used opensteer code)
· altren (GUI / MyGUI fixes)
· tdev[thomas] the glue inbetween
November 10th, 2009
· improved paged geometry
· added density maps for trees
· added version argument (so users can see what version they use)
· added angelscript
· added Landuse
· removed old etm things
· fixed hard crash when beyond map borders
· fixed hydro invisible bug (thanks to lifter)
· added console script mode
· added ogreconsole
· fixed chat console
· fixed chat colour bug
· fixed resource loading in the middle of the game: gui was still active in the background ...
· removed old network distance label
· refactoring of the client info for MP
· merged patch by AMDmi3 for uninitialized variable (thanks) - removed trailing spaces removed -mssse3 from linux compilation flags - sha1 patches - merged x86_64 sound bug fix by piotr, thanks! - fixed vehicle recycling: working now - network client slot reusing improved (modified patch)
· merged FS#268 - Torquecurve feature - extended debug: FPS graph
· added ability to specify the beam diameter for commands and commands2 - merged piotr's patch that resets the beam structure upon explosion (thanks for this awesome patch!)
· added ability to use openGL for windows users
· rewritten configurator: added support for any rendersystem, removed all hardcoded things
· added new sounds: reverse beep and turn signal
· added no creak sound option to configurator
· updater working (update.exe)
· FOV change-able ingame
· added limited MP collision
· fixed big bad cache bug: paths tend to get case sensitive which caused massive re-reruns of the cache.
· on changing netbook pane html page load
· improved community page (now functional)
· simplified MP enable
April 10th, 2009
· Fixed redistribuables Fixed SSE incompatibilities Fixed many contents problems