What's new in RPy 2.3.1:December 12th, 2012
- default console print callback with Python (issue #112 linked to it)
- deprecation warnings with ggplot2 (issue #111 and contributed patch)
What's new in RPy 2.3.0:December 11th, 2012
- New Features:
- C-level API, allowing other C-level modules to make use of utilities
- without going through the Python level. The exact definition of
- the API is not yet fixed. For now there is
- PyRinteractive_IsInitialized() to assess whether R was initialized
- (through :mod:`rpy2.rinterface` or not).
- C-module _rpy_device, allowing one to implement R graphical devices
- in Python [(very) experimental]
- Tracking of R objects kept protected from garbage collection by rpy2
- is now possible.
- New method :meth:`Sexp.rid` to return the identifier of the R object
- represented by a Python/rpy2 object
- Dynamic build of Python docstrings out of the R manual pages
- Build dynamic help
- Build anonymous R packages from strings
- When using :func:`importr`, the datasets are added as an attribute
- :attr:`data`, itself an instance of a new class :class:`PackageData`.
- It no longer possible to access datasets are regular objects from
- a code package (because of changes in R), and the new system is
- more robust against quirks.
- attr:`SexpClosure.env` to replace the method `closureenv`.
What's new in RPy 2.2.3:September 27th, 2011
- Bugs fixed:
- Dynamic construction of S4 classes was looking for R help as 'class.'
- rather than '-class'
- The cleanup of temporary directories created by R was not happening if
- the Python process terminated without calline :func:`rpy2.rinterface.endr()`
- (issue #68, and proof-of-principle fix by chrish42)
What's new in RPy 2.1.9:December 3rd, 2010
- The R class in rpy2.robjects is now truly a singleton
- When using numpy 1.5 and Python >= 2.7, the exposed buffer for R numerical (double)
- vectors or arrays was wrong.
What's new in RPy 2.1.8:November 10th, 2010
- Fixed issue with R arrays with more than 2 dimensions and numpy arrays (issue #47 - backported from the branch 2.2.x).
What's new in RPy 2.1.7:October 18th, 2010
- Further fixes in the automatic detection of includes and libraries needed to compile rpy2 against R.
- The detection code has been refactored (backport from the 2.2.x branch)
What's new in RPy 2.1.5:October 4th, 2010
- fixes the automatic detection of R_HOME/lib during building/compiling when R_HOME/lib is not in lib/ (issue #54)
What's new in RPy 2.1.4:August 2nd, 2010
- New features
- :mod:`rpy2.robjects.lib.ggplot2` now has the functions :func:`limits`,
- :func:`xlim`, :func:`ylim` exposed (patch contributed anonymously)
- Bugs fixed
- Install script when the BLAS library used by R is specified as a library
- file (patch by Michael Kuhn)
What's new in RPy 2.1.0 RC:April 1st, 2010
- :meth:`REnvironment.get` now accepts a named parameter *wantFun*
- (like :meth:`rinterface.SexpEnvironment` does)
- :class:`rinterface.SexpVector` will now properly raise an exception
- when trying to create vector-like object of impossible type
- Crash when trying to create a SexpVector of a non-vector type
- R objects of class *matrix* are now properly converted into :class:`RMatrix`
- (instead of :class:`Array`)
- :meth:`Robj.as_py` was not working at all (and now it does to some extent)
What's new in RPy 2.0.3:February 16th, 2009
- There is no API change outside the two bug fixes below:
- exceptions no longer raised when calling Sexp.do_slot_assign() on an unknown attribute (now the attribute is silently created)
- numpy conversion from R logical is now of type 'i'
What's new in RPy 2.0.2:February 3rd, 2009