New in version 0.8.5 Beta 4
December 17th, 2012
- Updated unrar core to latest version (v4.2.4).
New in version 0.8.5 Beta 3 (March 19th, 2009)
- Updated unrar core to latest version (v3.60).
- When entering a password for password-protected archives, the password can now be copy/pasted using the edit menu (and the standard shortcut key).
- Added a checkbox to the password entry window so that the password can optionally be shown while typing.
- Fixed bug: the cleanup of the temporary surrounding folder failed when extracting empty archives or pressing cancel for password-protected archives, causing RAR Expander to think it was still extracting the archive.
- Added an additional "using password" argument to the "expand" AppleScript command to script expansion of password-protected archives.
- The Finder now recognizes files with extensions "01" and "001" as files that can be opened with RAR Expander by double clicking them.
New in version 0.8.4 (March 19th, 2009)
- Missing parts in multi-part archives, broken archives and password-protected archives caused a crash on Intel-based Macs. This should be fixed now.
New in version 0.8.1 (March 19th, 2009)
- Fixed small problem with the dialog that appears when RAR Expander can not find a part with the expected name when expanding multi-part archives: the file dialog filtered out too many files, including files with commonly used RAR part extensions, this has been fixed.
- Recognized .001, .002 etc. as recognized file extensions. (To open one of these you will have to use the File > Open command though, I decided not to add it as an extension recognized for double-clicking in the Finder since the extension is very general and not often used for .rar files)
New in version 0.8.2 (March 19th, 2009)
- Improved version update checking system which can be configured to check for new stable versions alone or new beta versions as well.
New in version 0.8.3 (March 19th, 2009)
- Compiled as a Universal Binary, making it run faster on Intel-based macs in comparison to the previous version.
- Bug Fix: when pressing the "Choose Folder" button for selecting a "Fixed Destination" in the preferences, a window for selecting the folder would be shown, but the new folder you chose would not be accepted. Fixed.
New in version 0.8 (March 19th, 2009)
- (Major rewrite of GUI, moving from Java-based implementation to Objective-C).
- Better error reporting, RAR Expander now gives clearer information about most errors.
- A warning is now issued when trying to expand archive files that are part of a multi-part archive but are not the first part.
- The expansion progress window is now closed when all expansions are finished.
- Slight interface enhancements: "Expand" file selection dialog now filters out non-RAR file types, a clearer message is shown in the "Choose Destination Folder" and "Volume Not Found" dialogs about their purpose.
- The "never create surrounding folder" option no longer overwrites existing files.
- Added an option to create a "surrounding folder" only if the archive's root folder contains a user-specified number of items.
New in version 0.7 (March 19th, 2009)
New in version 0.6 (March 19th, 2009)
- Added (preliminary) AppleScript support.
- Greatly improved the speed of expansion.
- Improved Help: removed the "Sorry, help not yet written" message, cleaned up the layout of the Help pages, and added a brief 'Solving Problems' section.