March 30th, 2010New Features:
· Added support for Delicious accounts linked to Yahoo! IDs. For more information, see this page.
· Added a preference to adjust the font size used when typing bookmark descriptions.
· Main window now closes when hiding after a successful post so that it doesn't show up when using the search feature later.
· Fixed a bug with search window keyboard shortcuts not working on non-US keyboard layouts.
· Fixes a bug with multibyte characters in URLs not opening when selected in search results.
· Fixes an issue where opening account web pages for non-Delicious accounts would open in Delicious instead of the service used.
November 21st, 2009
· Main window activity spinner now properly hides after posting on 10.6.
· Small performance tweak made to search window hiding after bookmark selection.
· First-run welcome splash actions are now a bit clearer.
· Provide warning for new account creations since Yahoo! OAuth doesn't support private bookmarks yet.
· Please note that new Delicious accounts are now created tied to a Yahoo! login, which requires OAuth support in third-party applications. OAuth support is in development for Pukka, but currently, Yahoo!'s implementation is incomplete -- for example, private bookmarks cannot be accessed. As a result, this version does not yet ship with support for Yahoo!-linked accounts. Only Delicious accounts created before this switch in October are usable with Pukka. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
September 1st, 2009New Features:
· Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard support. Pukka now supports 10.4 through 10.6. Please see our blog post regarding future support of 10.4.
· Search menu is now horizontally resizable from a minimum of the default width to a maximum of half of the screen width.
· Added a new preference to sort search results by visit count.
· Posted-to account has been added to the search tooltips.
· Fixed a bug where the account selection popup could sometimes change inadvertently.
· Fixed a window resize bug that affected progress spinner placement.
· Search bar now remains unloaded into memory until first used.
· Search bar now auto-places to the right if screen size demands it.
· Search bar now auto-places properly after monitor & resolution changes.
· Search result selection should reset on new search results.
· When a caching error occurs, dismissing the error dialog with the "Ignore For Now" button will ignore further errors until the preferences have been edited, including across app relaunches.
July 17th, 2009
· Fixed an issue where search would occasionally not work properly (10.4).
· Fixed an issue where tags would occasionally not post properly (10.4).
· Search is now always properly sorted by most recent bookmarks first.
· Added a graphite color tint option for the search bar.
· Fixed an issue where the URL field would not resize properly after enabling private posting.
· Fixed an issue with drag-and-drop in the account preferences (10.4).
· Fixed several visual issues in the welcome splash screen (10.4).
· Added some special uses of the Option key to the Quick Reference.
July 13th, 2009
· Major new feature: Pukka now features fast bookmark search built into the application. Includes global keyboard shortcut, detailed mouse-over tooltips, and completely keyboard-based navigation.
· Full AppleScript access to bookmark collection is now supported.
· Posting accounts can now be drag-and-drop ordered.
· Quick Reference Guide and Acknowledgements added to application. See the Help menu.
· Main window is now resizable.
· Pukka will now automatically hide if you cancel the edit of a duplicate link, sending you back to the application you came from.
· The application is now code signed for better integrity.
· Sparkle software update framework updated to 1.5 to support more secure upgrades and anonymous collection of statistics.
· Many small stylistic improvements and minor bug fixes.
September 30th, 2008
· Significantly reduced application launch time by loading dock and menu bar menu items lazily, i.e., only when first needed.
· Improved the Spotlight cache checking routine to more reliably check only new and updated bookmarks, instead of occasionally checking all bookmarks. This eliminates an occasional application hang seen by some users following a full sync of bookmarks with the online API.
· Moved Pukka's Spotlight cache to a faster, machine-readable format. This will require a brief rebuild of the Spotlight index the next time you launch Pukka.
· Improved the Spotlight cache checking routine by reducing the number of accesses to disk.
· Reverted a change from the 1.6 days that would use an alternate URL fetching library on Leopard to work around some early Leopard crashing bugs. This solves an issue with system-wide proxy settings sometimes not being obeyed by Pukka.
· Added a preference control to manually rebuild the Spotlight cache on demand.
September 18th, 2008
· Keyboard navigation between all fields in the main and preference windows has been corrected and improved.
· The preference introduced in 1.7 to show recent bookmarks in the dock and menu bar was not defaulting to enabled on first run as it should have been. This has been fixed. Thanks to Dan Karran for the bug report.
· When the preference for showing accounts in the dock and menu bar is disabled, the accounts are also now hidden from the menu bar, not just the dock menu. Thanks again to Dan Karran for this bug report.
· The Escape key should now dismiss the first-run screencast prompt.
August 21st, 2008
· The description length can now be up to 1,000 characters in order to match recent changes to Delicious.
· The latest ten bookmarks across accounts is now shown in the dock and menu bar menus, if they are enabled.
· A backup of each of your accounts' bookmarks, as retrieved from the server, is made from time to time. See Pukka -> View Backup Folder...
· When selecting a bookmark from any of Pukka's menus, holding down the Option key will allow editing of that bookmark in Pukka
· Application and document icons up to 512 pixels have been added for better appearance on Leopard and greater.
March 2nd, 2008
· This version fixes an issue with Pukka 1.6.6 where posting might not work on PowerPC (i.e. older) Macs running Leopard
· Also, a rare issue was fixed where the main window might become unusable if a URL or a title with multiple adjacent spaces was entered, then the link was posted while still having either field focused.
October 30th, 2007
· Ready for Leopard - Pukka is ready for Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard". For more information, see the blog post.
· File -> Close works as expected - The File -> Close menu item would not work on the preferences or about windows if they were in front, but instead would attempt to close Pukka's main window. This has been fixed.