August 31st, 2012
· Supported in 19 languages
· Supports ICD10 diagnosis and billing coding
· Supports SNOMED diagnosis coding
· Supports 5010 X12
· Ability to add support for region specific diagnosis/billing coding sets.
· Importing mechanism to support importing and upgrading of ICD9, ICD10, SNOMED and RxNORM standardized data.
· Modernized login screen
· Calendar layout improvements
· Reminders and Dated Reminders
· Compatible with MySQL 5.5 and PHP 5.4
· Ability to customize prescription layout, DEA, NPI and state license number
· Explicit support for a separate primary provider and referring provider in patient demographics
· Billing and Payment module improvements
· Supports multiple billing code modifiers
· Support for procedure specific claim notes
· Supports CouchDB storage of documents
· Additional patient searching mechanism added (Patient List)
· Customizable Facility specific user information tracking
· CQM and AMC reports with options for assigning patient-provider relationships
· Sort fax/scan pages to match the original order in a displayed document
· Ability to enter/modify Vital Signs timestamps
· The disclosures display screen supports pagination
· Additional contributed forms
· Multiple bug and security fixes
· Multiple database performance enhancements
· Patching mechanism
· Patient Notes module and the Message module are fully integrated/compatible
· Translation module supports comments in constants and translations
· ADODB framework upgraded
· Jquery framework upgraded
· Ubuntu package supports upgrading of Multisite Module OpenEMR instances
September 23rd, 2011
· Official ONC Complete Ambulatory EHR Certification: http://tinyurl.com/3wxgc39
· Clinical Decision Rules (CDR)
· Embedded Internationalized Patient Portal
· Secure SOAP APIs to support third party patient portals
· Graphical form API
· Graphical pain form
· Patient education portal
· Calculation and reporting of Clinical Quality Measure (CQM)
· Calculation and reporting of Automated Measures Calculations (AMC)
· Addition of mechanisms to track/record AMC
· Added a medical record template and WYSIWYG editor (called "Nation Notes") to the Layout Based Forms (LBF) engine
· Support for standardized immunizations entry (CVX codes)
· Can record patient death (if patient is deceased, then is indicated in the patient summary screen)
· Ability to Hide/Show Left Pane Menu
· Option to color code calendar elements by facility
· Support for importing RXNORM data tables
· Support for importing SNOMED data tables
· New data object/types supported in Layout Based Forms(LBF) and the form generation tool, XMLformgen.
· New CSS theme, babyblue
· Chiropractor assessment form
· Ubuntu package is now compatible with Ubuntu 11.04
· Numerous bug fixes, cosmetic fixes and security fixes
March 28th, 2011
· Officially ONC certified as a modular EHR: http://tinyurl.com/4sgaw8a
· Profound GUI improvements throughout entire application with full support of four CSS themes.
· New layout (sliding menus) display option.
· Patient Summary Screen, which displays modular patient information.
· Graphical charting of vital.
· Graphical charting of pertinent layout based forms.
· New improved Billing/Payment module.
· Added ability to delete a payment or adjustment, and to reset statements-sent count.
· Support for checking insurance eligibility.
· Added option for HCFA text form output
· Administration settings can be modified within OpenEMR (ie. no longer need to modify the globals file).
· User specific settings to control display layout and internationalization options.
· Support for multiple sites/databases from a single installation.
· Lab/procedure exchange and viewing module.
· New markedly improved logging engine (optional support of ATNA).
· Electronic Syndrome Surveillance reporting.
· Ability to search patients by procedures.
· Appointment report upgraded to list available appointments and support repeating appointments.
· Address book upgraded to capture person or company centric items, such as Laboratories.
· Document corruption checking (via SHA-1 validation).
· Exporting and importing of encrypyted documents.
· Added ability to edit patient insurance information in the new patient form.
· Widened support for CAMOS prescriptions and improved integration of CAMOS in the patient custom report..
· Translation editor module upgraded to manage local definitions and synchronize them with official translation releases.
· Support sorting/searching translations by the definitions in the translation editor module.
· Imagemagick (conversion of pdf's to jpg's) in custom reports is now supported on Windows servers also.
· Increased document upload size limit to 64MB.
· Upgraded to phpMyAdmin 2.11.10
· Supports command line installation.
· Updated user manual.
· Ability to produce EOB statements in PDF format.
· Improvements in Invoice Module.
· Support for custom formatting of currency, date and time.
· Added improved Messaging Module.
· Support for emergency user access.
· Support for an xml based method of form creation, xmlformgenerator.
· Patient photo and ID card are supported without any additional customizations.
· Packaged ICD9 codes with release.
· Support for recording disclosures.
· Improved security model.
· Numerous bug fixes.
· Migrated our development repository from cvs to git.
February 25th, 2010
· New customized form building tool (Layout Based Form Method)
· Updated User Manual
· Improved the style and function of the default calendar
· Allow changing of calendar styles without logging out
· Internationalization of the CAMOS form module
· Reports in the CAMOS module can be printed in PDF or HTML
· Added a configurable online help link
· Improved patient billing statements
· Improved X12 claims engine
· Backup feature is cross-platform (now also compatible with Windows)
· Apostrophe character now supported throughout OpenEMR
· Optimization of patient searching
· Updated ICD codes loading script
· Supports Portuguese language (both Brazilian and European dialects)
· UTF8 encoding bug fixes
September 21st, 2009
· UTF-8 compliant
· Supports Metric and English units
· Language translations for Chinese, Dutch, Greek, Spanish, and Swedish
· Option to select language at login
· Can upgrade and download new language translations from the official OpenEMR language translations
· Improved language translation administration interface
· Addition of growth charts
· Many printing improvements, incorporating CSS, of prescriptions, immunizations reports, growth charts, and office letters
· Fee Sheet and billing support service provider by service line
· Improvements to the installation and upgrade scripts
· Administration/Database section (phpMyAdmin) upgraded
· Improved patient add/search
· Improved and integrated Users Guide
· Various reporting fixes and improvements
· Billing codes and products may be activated/deactivated
· More user-modifiable lists
· Added checking for entry of duplicate visits
· Important improvements to layout administration
· Option for dynamic addition of list entries
· Improved support for multiple facilities
· Specific providers may be omitted from the calendar
· Many other bug fixes
March 31st, 2009
· 8 new contributed forms from the mi-squared folks
· fixed some failures to enforce required fields
· added special treatment for medicare in sections 9 and 11 of paper claims
· fixed document embedding bug
· added sex and DOB to new patient form
· added option to skip authorizations of patient notes
· added security check to patient prescriptions
· fix for product lots with no expiration date entered
· some fixes for magic quotes and quote escaping
· several CAMOS fixes
· added link in demographics to create a new appointment
· added Check All and Clear All to patient report form
· added option to skip authorizations of patient notes
March 17th, 2009
· Internal support for accounts receivable; SQL-Ledger no longer needed
· phpGACL is now included for easier installation
· Easy backup and restore features for Linux users
· Vastly improved setup script
· New database upgrade script for easier upgrades
· Support for e-prescribing via RelayHealth
· New feature for checking paper charts in and out and tracking their location
· HCFA fixes for boxes 19, 32b, 33b
· Several improvements and fixes to X12 claims
· Fixed claim generation bug re checking insurance termination
· Title bar now shows current patient
· Missing reports added to the tree view menu style
· Edit Event window now allows changing the provider, and shows who last edited the event.
· Address Book may be invoked as a pop-up window
· Display of inactive users may be disabled when doing user administration
· Improved layout for adding new patients
· Patient price level may be changed from the Fee Sheet
· Better handling of invalid logins
· Minor improvements to the Appointments and Encounters Report
· Minor improvements to the Prescriptions Report
· New option in Receipts by Payment Method Report to report by payer
· Sales by Item Report now groups by service categories, if assigned
· Cosmetic improvements for immunizations
· Improved checkout form for cash-only practices
· Printed Fee Sheet supports multiple pages
· Improved administrative interface for lists and form layouts
· Improvements to the list of encounters
· Encounter forms may now be deleted
· Minor improvements to the superbill page
· Minor improvements to the Patient Report
· Access control checking added in places where it was missing
· Faxes and scanned documents may be dispatched to the Scanned Notes encounter form
· Various new features of interest to family planning clinics
· New sample encounter form for form developers
· Many bug fixes
September 5th, 2008
· Rod Roark has integrated the billing features into OpenEMR so that FreeB is no longer required for the billing. PostgreSQL and SQL-Ledger are still optional installs and not required for the electronic medical portion.