May 9th, 2013
· Improves presentation of Firefox 20's Downloads Indicator toolbar button.
April 15th, 2013
· Improves presentation of Firefox 20's Downloads Indicator toolbar button.
March 27th, 2013
· Updated for Firefox 20.
February 7th, 2013
· Updated for Firefox 18. Drops support for Firefox 16 and down.
November 16th, 2012
· Updated for Firefox 17.
October 23rd, 2012
· Updates styling for Firefox's built-in Developer Tools Debugger, along with other miscellaneous improvements.
September 21st, 2012
· Updated for Firefox 16.
August 17th, 2012
· Updated for Firefox 15.
December 27th, 2011
· Add support for add-on Adblock Plus 2.0.1. Keeping support for ABP 1.3.10.
June 18th, 2011
· Several architectural changes under the covers, but users will notice that the NNL-specific go button styling for Fx3.6 is now available for Fx4. Right-click the go button to turn it on or off in the popup menu.
June 13th, 2011
· Add NNL styling for about:support.
· Provide NNL-styled toolbarbutton icons for Adblock Plus.
· Work around the tooltip rendering error on the Mac with Fx4. (See bug 660548.)
Under the covers:
· For Fx6 and Bug 577721 - allow repositioning of the web console: above, below and out into a panel/window - add styling for the web console as a detached, floating panel.
· For Fx6, handle Bug 618913 - Implement in product notifications to set up Sync. This adds a low-impact, unobtrusive "soft notification" that appears at the bottom of the edit bookmark and save password popup panels. It's used to promote Sync now and may be used to highlight other Firefox features in the future.
· For Fx6, handle Bug 656269 - Add link to Mozilla plugin check from Add-ons Manager. It's a button, but we style it as a .text-link since it opens a new page.
· For Fx6, handle Bug 573176 - Implement Site-Specific Privacy Preferences. about:permissions is a new way of managing site-specific permissions.
· For Fx6, handle Bug 595848 - Support registering custom add-on types that appear in the UI as a regular list. This bug programmatically generates IDs instead of assigning them statically in XUL. For extensions, themes, languages and plugins, the assigned ID has changed, so we change the CSS to match.
· Update maxVersion to 7.0a1.
October 11th, 2010
· For Mozilla add-on Firefox Sync v1.5, adds styling for the new set-up wizard.
· For add-on Colorzilla, styles the new dropmarker in the statusbar.
· For the main Options/Preferences window, makes the background image gradient work even with a resizable Options/Preferences window (on Linux by default, on Windows if MR Tech Toolkit installed).
September 29th, 2010
· For Mozilla add-on Add-ons Collector, styles the "Extensions" toolbar button.
· Toolbarbuttons, when checked and on the customize toolbars window, now look like all the other toolbarbuttons there (and don't look checked).
· For Sage on Mac, uses NNL-styled icon in checked state.
· Restores the ability to use this theme at the same time as a Persona.
· Drops support for Firefox 3.5. Now compatible with Fx3.6 only.
September 7th, 2010
· Temporarily marks this theme as incompatible with personas. (You won't be able to use it at the same time as a persona.) After the next version of Mozilla's add-on Personas Plus is released, and it becomes clear what's required to work with it, this theme can be marked as personas-compatible again.
· This is likely to be the last release supporting Firefox 3.5. Now, on to Firefox 4!
July 10th, 2010
· Adds theme-specific styling for the Mozilla add-on Test Pilot 1.0 RC1
· Adds theme-specific styling for the Mozilla add-on Firefox Sync (formerly Weave) versions 1.3.1 and 1.4
June 29th, 2010
· This update mainly focuses on improvements for the main browser toolbars.
· Simplifying and organizing parts of the code, getting ready for Firefox 3.7/4.0
· Although it is possible it'll be faster going in and out of toolbar customization. However, there are several improvement that are visible. In general, more edge cases are handled and everything is a little more compact.
· Compact and better. Better, stronger, faster.
· Makes symmetrical the spacing around toolbar separators in main browser toolbars. Increases heights of certain primary toolbarbutton background images to handle taller buttons in the navbar. Before, there was a gap in coverage by background image at larger font sizes.
· Eliminates some cases of primary toolbarbuttons (in menubar, in bookmarks toolbar, in custom toolbars) shifting position to indicate click; this was old code, but it's been fixed and now everyone holds still.
· Adds some RTL (right-to-left, such as with Arabic and Hebrew languages) support for the back and forward button icons. This is not global RTL support throughout the theme - just for the back and forward buttons.
· On the toolbar customization window, for the Flexible Space element, replaces the icon with a more finely-wrought version.
· Changes horizontal margin treatment to prevent toolbars from convulsing (moving around) when entering and leaving customization mode. This is a big improvement.
May 31st, 2010
· Adds support for Firefox 3.6.4's new crashed-plugin handling and user interface. (See http://blog.mozilla.com/dolske/2010/02/10/crashed-plugin-ui/ and the release announcement for Fx3.6.4 whenever that becomes available.)
· Increases width of NNL subskin background images and NNL logo header images to 3000px (the same width as Personas background images) for people running wider desktops.
April 9th, 2010
· This is a reissue of the previous release (0.6.20100307) to correct a problem where the previous release was somehow marked as not compatible with Windows. Other than that, it's exactly the same.
March 28th, 2010
· Adds menu-based UI (on FIrefox 'View' menu and on right-click toolbar context menu) to control display of Go button
· Still needs adjustments for height of prefwindow.
March 11th, 2010
· Adds Firebug styling
March 3rd, 2010
· Same as 0.6.20100206, but uploading a new version in hopes that it will propagate to mirror servers correctly.
· Updates support for add-ons: FireFTP, Personal Menu, Firebug (Windows only) and the Personas Editor. Doesn't yet add support for using Personas at the same time as using this theme.
January 14th, 2010
· Updated for Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate
November 4th, 2009
· Updated to work with Firefox 3.6 beta 1.
July 1st, 2009
· Updated for Firefox 3.5
June 17th, 2009
· Removes official support for Firefox 2.x. Future versions of NNL will no longer be compatible with Firefox 2, and Firefox 2 users will no longer receive automatic updates.
· Updates styling for the add-ons Sage, Stylish, ScribeFire and Ghostery.
· Adds styling for the resizer widget in general as implemented in Fx3, Fx3.5 and Fx3.6 (see Bug 240536).
· Uses a smaller icon for the window resizer (lower right corner) on the Saved Passwords window.
May 24th, 2009
· Adds styling to handle the new Stylish (version 1.0 and up) addon's UI.
· Adds styling for the Update Scanner add-on's sidebar.
· On the web site, updates the Tweaks and Mods page to show current best ideas.
April 28th, 2009
· Updated to install with Firefox 3.5 Beta 4.
· Updated for changes in ScribeFire (add-on) version 3.3.
March 26th, 2009
· Handles changes in the ScribeFire add-on (in the ScribeFire editor toolbar).
January 21st, 2009
· New in this version:
· For the add-on StumbleUpon, adds styling of the SU message notification and reply bar (which appears over a page sent to you by another user after you click the incoming message icon in the SU toolbar).
For the add-on Tab Mix Plus, restores the appearance of the "New Tab" button in the tab strip. This was broken in the previous NNL release by rules added to handle the Fx3.1beta2 new tab button.
· For the add-on Sxipper, adds more rules to finish restoring usability to its Training dialog.
· Extends restart button styling to the Quick Restart add-on. (Thanks NGamer for pointing that out.)
· Adds styling to the Fx3.1 beta2 "certificate error" page.
· Under the covers:
· Updates notifications.css to assign icons in the info, warning and critical states. Adds file icons/error-16.png (by duplicating file icons/blacklisting_favicon.png) for use in notification strips. This handles the new-for-3.0.5 about:rights notification strip, which is type="info". This is basically a late catch-up with some Fx3 changes.
· Adds (but doesn't yet use) global/icons/sslWarning.png
· From netError.css, remove -moz-background-clip: padding from the main #errorPageContainer (because on Fx3.1b2, was a gap between background and border at the inside of corners).
· In menulist.css, removes border coloring from .menulist-compact. This isn't used in Firefox, but Thunderbird uses it in the Compose window.
· A couple sekrit undercover changes for Tbird 2 compatibility.
January 5th, 2009
· Several refinements for Firefox 3.1b2.
· Adds support for the Sxipper add-on. The Training dialog has a white background which requires special handling on dark themes.
· Adds support for the Mobile Barcoder add-on. If barcodes are displayed on typical black popup background, it foils image recognition on certain mobile phones. Instead, we now display with a white background and thin border. This was only an issue in context menus over a link or over selected text -- and not in the statusbar popup for this add-on.
· For the DownThemAll add-on, removes the theme-specific "Donate Now" image from the DownThemAll Manager (since they've upgraded to a version of the image that works great with dark themes).
· For Mac/OS X menus, now handles the case of the bare document icon (a page with no favicon) in the history menu. This is in addition to previous Mac-specific styling of the bookmarks menu. Requires an updated Stylish stylesheet http://userstyles.org/styles/11097 .
· Under the covers, several code changes to improve maintainability.
December 6th, 2008
· Updates maxVersion to 3.1b3pre.
· Fixes alignment of menuitems to line up into columns. (Was most noticable in the Bookmarks and Tools menus.)
· Adds theme-styled icon for MR Tech Toolkit add-on's toolbarbutton "Opens Extensions Manager".
· Replaces "Installation" icon in the Add-ons Manager with a theme-styled version.
· Adds rules for the Lazarus add-on options window.
· Removes unused "Email" main toolbar icon.
November 24th, 2008
· Adds rules for the FEBE add-on to provide special handling for dropdown menus on the Scheduling tab.
· Adds a few rules for the SQLite Manager add-on.
· Adds a few rules for the eBay Companion add-on.
· Updates night launch list to include STS-126.
· Removes all FAMFAMFAM icons and replaces them with versions from original sources - four tag icons, the small plug-in icon, and the password manager key icon.
November 3rd, 2008
· For DOM Inspector, styles the two default toolbar buttons (select and search) in the DOMi toolbar.
· Adds styling for the Stacked Inspector add-on.
· Updates maxversion to 3.1b2pre
Under the covers:
· Removes launch image from tab browser tab panels, making it just black. Reason: this was a second launch image shown not IN empty tabs but BEHIND them, and even then it was only visible for a brief moment. This was confusing and pointless. userContent.css code to add the launch image to empty tabs still works just the same as before.
· Fixes vertical alignment issues with complex primary toolbar buttons (type="menu-button", unified) when in menu bar with mode=text+icons.
· Deletes unused file global/domInspector.css
· Deletes unused directory xpi_skins/inspector and its contents
· Coalesces all DOM Inspector icons into xpi_skins/dominspector/toolbar.png
October 9th, 2008
· Adds Mac-specific icons for the Bookmarks Menu
· Updates max version to include Fx 3.1b1pre.
August 11th, 2008
· Updates tab styling for compatibility with TabMixPlus development build 0.3.7pre.080728 on Fx3 (while keeping compatibility with TMP 0.3.6 on Fx2).
· Makes the Fx3 urlbar-search-splitter (the splitter between the location bar and the search bar) invisible by default (the same as in the Fx3 default theme).
· Adds new Fx3-specific subskin "visible-urlbar-search-splitter" for anyone who prefers a visible splitter.
· Fixes bug where the tab close button on the selected browser tab was 1 pixel higher than on unselected tabs.
· In DOM Inspector, when inspecting a text node, correctly uses dark-on-light text color for visibility in the right panel.
July 14th, 2008
· Updates styling for most-recent versions of Del.icio.us, FireFTP, TabMixPlus, Colorzilla, Console2, MR Tech Toolkit.
· Adjusts toolbarseparator margins within toolbox for symmetry across all cases.
· Fixes coloring of selected tree item and listbox item to handle large font cases.
· Makes consistent the coloring and usage of "current item" (different from selected item) border highlighting throughout (default trees, default listboxes, trees in sidebar, Sage).
June 25th, 2008
· Adds support for the new Sage 1.4.0 and up
· Also adds updated styling for GUIConfig and 2-Pane Bookmarks
· Boosts brightness of on-dark disabled text by about 6%
· Replaces the toolbar clouds subskin image (used in style-1 and style-2) with a smoother version that better blends with the overall theme style
· Adds hover highlighting to the star button for starred pages
· Improves styling of the "Get Add-ons" search box, making the disabled state look disabled (among other improvements)
· Includes various other minor tweaks
June 23rd, 2008
· Improves layout for location bar and dropdown list.
· Gives full visibility (instead of hidden until rollover) to the star button.
· Minor changes to spacing around search bar splitter, between location bar and search bar (but you might need to know about these if you've heavily tweaked your layout).
June 18th, 2008
· Updated for Firefox 3
June 2nd, 2008
· Updated for compatibility with Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 (but don't forget, this is still a Beta theme for a Beta browser).
· Adds theme-specific icons to the dropdown menus across the top of the library (bookmarks organizer) window.
· Adds Fx3-specific icons for history sidebar, bookmarks sidebar, and library (bookmarks organizer) sidebar.
· Updates ScribeFire rules for ScribeFire 2.2.5 ("special character" button, "strip style" button, toolbar button padding).
· Makes the height of the Fx3 search bar the same as the height of the location bar.
· Adds styling for the Fx3 Edit This Bookmark (Star Button) popup.