New in version 3.8.7
June 12th, 2014
- Vernier Energy Sensor support
- Braille embosser support
- Uncertainty Boxes Feature
- Better CSV import/export for localized installs
- Better Data Sharing behavior upgrade
- Deploys Data Sharing Web App 1.4 supporting Internet Explorer 11 browser
- Other defect fixes
New in version 126.96.36.199 (January 7th, 2014)
- Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) support
- PAR Sensor support
- Vernier Emissions Spectrometer support
- Vernier UV-VIS Spectrometer support
- Data Sharing web application version 1.3 upgrade; Internet Explorer 10 support
- Physics with Vernier, 2nd edition experiment files updates
- Greek Blood Pressure files fully translated
- Consistent CSV export / import for localized versions
- Data set order presentation from Data Sharing more consistent
- Better toolbar appearance in localized versions
New in version 188.8.131.52 (May 2nd, 2013)
- Google Maps Export now uses version 3 of the Google Maps API. Large data set export has better capacity and rendering performance support.
- Added experiment files for Goniometer, Vernier Projectile Launcher with support for Time of Flight Pad, and Instrumentation Amplifier
- Proactive validation of user input for more timely feedback for invalid inputs
- Digital Control Unit usage improvements
- Updated Data Share application
- Over 160 other issues resolved
New in version 3.8.6 (November 9th, 2012)
- Added Data Sharing
- Support for Mac OS X 10.8, and full-screen mode in 10.7 and 10.8
- Provisional support for Windows 8
- Support for Pyranometer
- Support for Ethanol Sensor
- Improved controls for Digital Control Unit
- New calculated columns for digital signal filters
New in version 184.108.40.206 (May 11th, 2012)
- Support for LabQuest 2
- Support for Diffraction Apparatus
- Better LabQuest Mini support for Chemical Polarimeter, Diffraction Apparatus, and Projectile Launcher
- Added new languages: Swedish and Greek
New in version 3.8.5 (April 12th, 2012)
- Support for LabQuest 2, Polarimeter (Chemical), Diffraction Apparatus, and Vernier Projectile Launcher.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (January 13th, 2012)
- Support for Chemical Polarimeter, Constant Current System, and Projectile Launcher.
- New cosine-squared curve fit.
- Supports Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
New in version 3.8.4 (January 13th, 2012)
- New Device/Interface/Sensor Support:
- Improved WDSS Bluetooth Support – newer Broadcom (Widcomm) Bluetooth radios support.
- Supports new anemometer sensor
- Supports new Melt Station
- Supports new 30V sensor
- New Features:
- Data Markers enable annotations of data events during a time-based data collection. The Data Markers are associated with the actual data cell(s) taken at the user selected time during the collection. Such markers might for instance be associated with a change of phase during a melting session with the new Melt Station or any other sensor where you may wish to note an event during the collection. Hit the key during a data collection places a data marker and displays an associated helper box for further use. Double-clicking the associated helper box allows you to enter text associated with that mark.
- Data Tagging enables annotations of specific cells or ranges of cells after a collection or for collections utilizing non-time-based modes. Similar to Data Markers, Data Tagging can associate additional information with specific data elements.
- Note that Data Markers and Tags are distinct from text annotations in that the marker or tag is associated with a distinct cell in the data table and not just a location on a graph as is the case for text annotations. Use Data Markers as part of a time-based collection during the collection. Use Data Tagging after a collection. Data Tagging can be modified repeatedly as needed and re-associated with different data cells. Data Markers are restricted to the original data cell or cells with which they are first associated during a collection and may not be re-associated with other cells.
- More video analysis options are available. Video frames may be skipped while adding points. The first point marked may set time zero. Center of mass studies can be done with video analysis.
- Other Changes:
- The Logger Pro Windows installer has been rewritten to better support international or second language installations, enable better Windows support of Broadcom based Bluetooth radios, enable better installer behavior when the same or newer version of QuickTime is already installed, rectify some driver issues that plague some XP installations, and provide MSI based “silent installation” for improved remote/network managed deployment usage.
- Czech, Dutch, and Polish were added as supported languages.
New in version 3.8.3 (September 18th, 2010)
- New Device/Interface/Sensor Support:
- Latest VGPS devices (MTK) Support
- Ocean Optics Spectrometers supported on Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit operating systems.
- Drop Counter Automatic Configuration Feature Added
- Other Changes:
- For the first time both English and international versions of Logger Pro 3 are concurrently released. English users in most cases will not notice any difference. However, if an English user wishes to enable one or more available
- alternate languages such as Spanish or French along with English it is relatively simple to do so by creating additional desktop shortcuts that specify a “/Lang” parameter to the Logger Pro 3 executable. For example, Spanish Logger Pro 3 on an English system may be enabled via a copy of the regular desktop shortcut and adding “ /Lang=es” to the Target line in the shortcut. – contact Vernier for more information.
- Current international users will enjoy more timely and seamless support of their native language on their choice of Windows operating systems (International Logger Pro 3 is not supported on Mac OS X) International users wishing to also access the English version (or other installed languages) of Logger Pro 3 on their native systems may do so by creating an additional shortcut(s) as above (e.g. “/Lang=en” for English). Logger Pro 3.8.3 replaces all prior versions of Logger Pro International.