April 9th, 2012
· Added release error screen.
· Added alpha to love.graphics.setBackgroundColor.
· Added Canvas:clear(r, g, b, a).
· Added Canvas support to love.graphics.drawq.
· Added Canvas:getWidth and Canvas:getHeight.
· Added love.graphics.arc.
· Added seek and tell to Source objects.
· Added color interpolation to ParticleSystem.
· Added automatic PO2 padding for systems not supporting the OpenGL extension.
· Added UTF-8 support for fonts.
· Added Box2D error handling for some commonly failing functions.
· Added ability for fused release games to have their write dir in appdata.
· Added shear transformation to drawing functions.
· Added origin to font printing.
· Added love.graphics.getMode.
· Added per-sprite colors on SpriteBatches.
· Added PixelEffects.
· Added love.graphics.isSupported.
· Added love.graphics.getCanvas.
· Added love.event.quit.
· Added stencil masks.
· Added alternative SpriteBatch provider, it should work everywhere now.
· Added a loader for binary modules.
· Added Thread:getKeys.
· Added option of fractions for Quads.
· Added PNG, JPEG and GIF support to ImageData:encode.
· Added 64-bit support for Mac OS X.
· Added premultiplied blending mode.
· Added functions to set/get default image filter modes.
· Added SpriteBatch:set.
· Added new events system, with support for custom events and long event names.
· Added sound attenuation by distance.
· Added SpriteBatch:getImage.
· Added combine color mode.
· Added automatic random seeding to love.run.
· Added support for the subtract BlendMode on older graphics cards.
· Added love._os field, which contains the OS the game is running on.
· Fixed wrapping for single words.
· Fixed tracebacks not showing filenames.
· Fixed love.graphics.push/pop capable of causing overflows/underflows.
· Fixed setScissor on Canvases.
· Fixed several issues with audio, e.g. clicks and pops in mp3s.
· Fixed crashes when bodies were destroyed during collisions.
· Fixed bound SpriteBatches corrupting when drawing.
· Fixed thread-safety issues with ImageData.
· Fixed memory leaks in audio sources.
· Fixed thread's set (previously send) accidentally changing the type.
· Fixed SoundData allocating the wrong number of samples.
· Fixed SpriteBatch support on Intel cards.
· Fixed love.filesystem.lines() leaking.
· Fixed most leaking on unclosed File objects.
· Fixed crashes when operating on non-existent files.
· Fixed a bug where empty files on windows would never reach eof.
· Fixed crash when SoundData runs out of memory.
· Fixed ordering of loaders, love should have priority over lua.
· Fixed several miscellaneous memory leaks.
· Fixed a few cases where strings with \0 in them would not be stored correctly.
· Fixed love's startup time being in the first dt.
· Fixed internal string conversions, they are faster now.
· Fixed (bad) performance of ImageData:paste.
· Fixed love.graphics.toggleFullscreen not maintaining graphics state.
· Renamed SpriteBatch's lock/unlock to bind/unbind.
· Renamed Framebuffer to Canvas.
· Renamed love.thread.send/receive to set/get.
· Renamed love.graphics.setRenderTarget to setCanvas.
· Removed canvas auto-clearing.
· Removed EncodedImageData.
· Removed old syntax for require (with extension).
· Removed love.graphics.setFont([file], [size]).
· Removed Thread:kill.
· Updated love.joystick to be 1-indexed.
· Updated Sources to update more cleanly and control more intuitively.
· Updated font engine.
· Updated line drawing to a custom system.
· Updated love.timer.sleep to use seconds, like the rest of love.
· Updated love.timer to be more accurate.
· Updated love.graphics.circle to have max(10, r) as default for segments.
· Updated ImageData:encode to write to files directly.
· Updated version compatibility system to actually do something.
· Updated love.run's order, events are checked just before update.
· Updated Box2D to version 2.2.1.
· Updated sdl to 1.2.15 on Windows
· Updated freetype to 2.4.9 on Windows
· Updated libjpeg to 8d on Windows
· Updated libmodplug to 0.8.8.4 on Windows
· Updated libogg to 1.3.0 on Windows
· Updated libpng to 1.5.10 on Windows
· Updated mpg123 to 1.13.7 on Windows
· Updated openal-soft to 1.14 on Windows
· Updated zlib to 1.2.6 on Windows
May 20th, 2011
· Added Framebuffer:get/setWrap.
· Added love.event.clear.
· Added support for any number of arguments to love.keyboard.isDown, love.mouse.isDown and love.joystick.isDown.
· Added SpriteBatch:setImage().
· Fixed fused games not working.
· Fixed ParticleSystem:setSize ignoring the variation argument.
· Fixed some file-opening exceptions not being caught.
· Fixed files loaded by libmodplug being too loud.
· Fixed paths with periods in them not working.
· Fixed love.graphics.getBlendMode not detecting subtractive and multiplicative blend modes.
· Fixed crash when there was no memory available for newImageData(w, h).
· Updated PhysicsFS version to 2.0.2 on Windows
· Updated OpenAL Soft version to 1.13 on Windows
· Updated libmodplug version to 0.8.8.1 on Windows
· Updated FreeType version to 2.4.4 on Windows
· Updated libmpg123 version to 1.13.2 on Windows
· Windows binary no longer depends on VC2005 runtime.
· Windows binary no longer depends on SSE2 support.
February 15th, 2011
· Added source:isPaused()
· Added error when initial window can't be created.
· Added framebuffer filter modes.
· Added love.filesystem.getLastModified.
· Added filter modes for ImageFonts.
· Added dead key support by using "unknown" key with correct unicode value.
· Added 0 width and height in love.conf. (for current desktop resolution)
· Added alpha support when encoding TGA images.
· Fixed a lot of bugs regarding zero characters in threads.
· Fixed handling of a directory named "love" in current directory.
· Fixed a few unhandled errors in setScissor.
· Fixed a bug where old physics callbacks were never dereferenced.
· Fixed loss of mouse visibility settings on setMode.
· Fixed creation of a framebuffer unbinding current framebuffer.
· Fixed several race conditions in love.thread.
· Fixed 'love .', so it won't use lovedir/. as save dir.
· Fixed setLineHeight.
· Fixed extended ascii and ImageFonts.
· Fixed printf's line wrapping.
· Fixed crash when playing sounds.
· Fixed playback of mp3s with arbitrary sample rates.
· Fixed handling of negative indices in love.joystick.
· Fixed toggleFullscreen.
· Fixed unexpected behaviour with hash tables to love.graphics.line.
· Fixed mouse coordinates being capped after setMode.
· Fixed setFont's error handling on a non-existant file.
· Fixed issue where Windows builds would hard crash on Lua errors
· Removed custom sample rates for Decoders.
December 6th, 2010
· Added love.thread.
· Added love.font.
· Added love.graphics.Framebuffer.
· Added Source:play, Source:pause, etc.
· Added Source:isStatic().
· Added get/setPosition, get/setVelocity, and get/setDirection to Source.
· Added get/setGroupIndex to CircleShape and PolygonShape.
· Added Font:getWrap.
· Added identity field to love.conf.
· Added love.quit callback.
· Added love.focus callback.
· Added extra meter parameter to love.physics.newWorld.
· Added love.graphics.setIcon.
· Added way to make the window desktop resolution.
· Added subtractive and multiplicative blend modes.
· Added body:getAllowSleeping.
· Added shape:getBody.
· Added love.filesystem.FileData for public usage.
· Added base64 support for love.filesystem.FileData.
· Added table support for love.graphics.setColor and love.graphics.setBackgroundColor.
· Added love.graphics.hasFocus().
· Added ?/init.lua to the loader.
· Fixed the debug module not being an upvalue of the error handlers. (you can now override debug)
· Fixed some cases when love.audio.pause and friends, were acting on everything, not just the passed Source.
· Fixed setFixedRotation enabling other flags.
· Fixed a bug in the loader (for require).
· Fixed ParticleSystem::setSprite not retaining the new image.
· Fixed setMode removing images settings (wrapping, filters).
· Fixed shape:getBody, it's now exposed for LÖVE usage.
· Fixed DistanceJoint:getType() returning "circle" - it now returns "distance".
· Fixed SpriteBatches being unaffected by setColor
· Fixed the audio bug.
· Fixed invalid FSAA values crashing LÖVE.
· Fixed a bunch of compiler warnings.
· Fixed OS X not properly using UTIs for .love files.
· Fixed the modplug decoder not properly handeling files that fail to load.
· Fixed a memory leak in setFont.
· Fixed bug where errors in threads wouldn't get picked up by demand.
· Fixed part of the bug with newlines when scaling text (rotating still messes up the lines).
· Fixed the bug where newImageFont would try to created ImageData out of ImageData.
· Fixed error handler not resetting the blend mode.
· Changed fonts, they're now po2 safe.
· Changed the traceback in the error screen.
· Changed font origin to top-left.
· Changed linux save dir location to obey to Freedesktop.org's XDG specs. (~/.local/share/love by default.)
· Removed font functions from love.graphics.
· Removed love.physics.newWorld(w, h). Use love.physics.newWorld(x1, y1, x2, y2) instead.
March 8th, 2010
· Fixed a bug causing ImageFonts to cut off some pixels.
· Fixed a bug where filled rectangles were too small.
· Fixed a bug in Image:setFilter where it would switch the parameters.
· Fixed a bug in ImageRasterizer where it wasn't using the data.
· Image filter and wrap modes now use string constants as well.
· Fixed double-transform bug in SpriteBatch.
· Errors are reported on stdout again.
· Another fix for the icons on Ubuntu.
February 18th, 2010
· Added Shape:setGroupIndex and getGroupIndex.
· Added Body:setFixedRotation and Body:getFixedRotation.
· Added Body:setInertia.
· Added CircleShape:getLocalCenter and CircleShape:getWorldCenter.
· Added icons and file associations for the debs.
· Added the demos folder to the Mac OS X DMG.
· It's now possible to run a .love from Resources in Mac OS X, thanks to Steve Johnson.
· Fixed a bug with multiple Sources on the same Music.
· Fixed a bug so the mouse doesn't get crippled when the keyboard is disabled.
· Fixed a bug where love.graphics.rectangle drew a too large rectangle.
· Fixed a bug where memory wouldn't be released correctly.
· Fixed epic physics typo (getRestituion->getRestitution).
· Fixed crash on opening non-existent image.
· The error screen redraws when an event occurs.
· The default love.run() now gracefully handles disabled modules.
· The debian packages should now successfully include icons, file associations, etc, and should give the correct architecture.
· Added support for drawing polylines to love.graphics.line - the syntax is the same as love.graphics.polygon.
· Removed Music and Sound. There are now only sources.
· Improved the stability of love.audio/love.sound.
January 5th, 2009
· Added love.joystick.
· Added network support via LuaSocket.
· Added support for loading of appended .love-file.
· Added love.filesystem.lines().
· Added a loader function to enable use of normal require().
· Added love.filesystem.load().
· Added love.filesystem.getSaveDirectory()
· Added love.filesystem.getWorkingDirectory()
· Added optional explicit destruction of Box2D objects.
· Added shape:testSegment().
· Added love.graphics.screenshot() (.bmp only).
· Added default size (12) to font-related functions.
· Added love.graphics.setFont( filename, size )
· Added love.graphics.setLineStippe and related functions.
· Added love.graphics.setPointSize and related functions.
· Changed love.filesystem.read() to accept file name.
· Changed love.filesystem.write() to accept file name.
· Changed love.graphics.triangle() to accept CCW and CW ordering.
· Fixed love.graphics.read adding bogus characters at the end of string.
· Fixed epic swigfusion bug.
· Fixed love.graphics.getFont so it returns nil if no font is present.
· Fixed bug where love.graphics.getBlendMode() always returns blend_normal.
· Fixed bug which caused error screen to be scissored (when enabled).
· Fixed Body:setAngle to accept degrees like everything else.
· Cleaned up love::File and love_physfs.
· Cleaned up love::Reference so it stores its reference in _G.