July 24th, 2012New features:
· added Skype client functionality to anti censorship feature for release version
· option to switch off sending general system info to infoService
· startup option --noSystemErrorLog prevents to write logging to the standard error
· options to switch off all warning and error popups
· check for valid account BEFORE connecting to Premium service (if most users have this update, it prevents a massive overload on Premium services if free services go down)
· Error corrections in integrity check protocol (older JonDo versions are incompatible now)
· fixed double counting of HTML accesses
· fixed possible null pointer when stopping service conection
· ConfigAssistant: correctly identify missing account
· ConfigAssistant: correctly identify blacklisted services
· show more detailed certificate errors
· some corrections in the integrity protocol
· fixed null pinter in ConfigAssistant internet connection check
· let the user see more pages (20) before showing the payment reminder on free services
· updated jondofox headers
· if charged account is requested, always return the active account as first account if possible
· auto reconnect after finishing the account wizard only if currently selected service is usable with the new account
December 2nd, 2011New features:
· completely replaced old UpdateWizard by new SoftwareUpdater
· make filtered services available for selection also in anonymity off mode
· new update wizard may be started directly using the popup menu
· simplified main view layout
· compatibility fixes for new bouncycastle crypto library
· Fixed some possible Null pointer exceptions in ClassUtil
· fixed country calculation for cascades
· compatibility patches for new BouncyCastle library
· fixed possible null pointer when reading proxy from windows registry
· enhanced speed of toHexString() by 150 times
· added some messages for ConfigAssistant giving hints to switch of firewall and virus scanner in case of connection problems
· automatically save configuration before update
· optional command line parameter "--hideUpdate" now prevents all direct updates
· small enhancement for anon mode off message
· separated browser statistics from JonDoFox headers
· HTTP anonymization is now off by default
September 30th, 2011New features:
· Security: show warning if user does not use JonDo and maybe only thinks to be anonymous
· Security: try to switch current service on startup if it has only one mix
· Security: only if connection to all other services failed, automatic switching to one-mix services is allowed
· Security: integrity error notification
· Comfort: Added support for multiple download sources for new versions of JAP.jar
· Comfort: introduced temporary whitelist attribute for trust model, that enables the user to temporarily connect to filtered services
· Comfort: merged all filters/trust models into one single, editable trust model
· Comfort: JonDoFox users now get a clear error message if JonDo im niht-anonymen Modus ist and if they try to access a blocked HTTPS site
· Comfort: transferred bytes are now shown in kilobytes
· allow all JonDonym related websites even if access to all websites is blocked
· fix for warning about correct JonDo usage
· fixed some bugs related to automatic cascade switching
· some debug entries for InfoService
· fixed global timeout for InfoService requests
· remove "initial dummy cascade" whenever possible, also if auto switching is disabled
· fixed possible null pointer in XMLSignature
· fixed language selection for payment options
· fixed view of amount to pay for cash and money transfer payment methods
· fixed possible deadlocks and null pointers in DirectProxy
· show low balance popup only if no other full account is available
· fixed deadlock in DirectProxy caused when interrupting running request threads
· fixed possible double-binding of default listener
· stop connection attempts if auto-switching is disabled and payment is mandatory
· new random order for services on every startup
· show current service on top in popup menu
· automatically switch to next service if current service is filtered and "getNextCascade()" is requested
· X-Headers are now always active
· keep reconnect on error if current service is initial dummy service
· ignore performance filter if no performance data is available at all
· connection to user defined services is now only allowed within the current trust model
· create self-verified signatures
· request all InfoService documents with http compression
· reduced InfoService requests for InfoServices and Mix cascades
· clearer HTML messages for DirectProxy
· show squid error pages if forced by last mix operators
· new JonDoFox headers
· enhanced DirectProxy error page presentation
· clearer HTML "not-allowed" messages for DirectProxy requests
· if only premium services are available, the ConfigAssistant is now shown instead of closing the connection
· ConfigAssistant now tries to connect automatically if it has been called because of a connection timeout; the user thus quickly sees the reason for the connection problem
· do not show "free" filter if free services are not allowed
· added security warnings for user defined services
· removed warnings about "no JonDoFox" and "insufficient bytes for download"
April 28th, 2011Bug Fixes:
· check trust model filter also during connection attempt to anonymity service as reconnection speed-up
· fixed connecting status in AnonProxy
· do not show automatic reconnect warning if user has interrupted the connection
· fixed possible unwanted anonymity shutdown during switching of services
· changed label in certificate panel
November 25th, 2010Usability enhancements:
· allow automatic connection to premium services also on first start of JonDo
· always ask all infoservices for performance data
· re-added the possibility to listen on all interfaces
· added a warning dialog with a check box for preventing DAU users from listening on all interfaces
· show global listener in extended view only
· updated help files for JonDoFox 2.4.0
· fixed possible null pointer in AIControlChannel
September 3rd, 2010New security features:
· Less secure services with only one Mix and only one operator (like Dresden) are now separated from the other services. They are only accessible by using a special filter named "Test/experimental services" in order to prevent a connection if a user does not deliberately want it.
· Anonymous HTTP header signature of the internal JonDo HTTP filter is now the same as the new JonDoFox HTTP header signature.
· If a connection from the JonDoFox browser is recognized, the internal HTTP filter of JonDo is deactivated for this connection, because JonDoFox can do the HTTP anonymization much better than JonDo alone.
· Removed global socket listener: JonDo can now only listen on "localhost" and cannot be forced any more to accept connections from outside your own computer (if you really need this feature, use JonDoConsole). This prevents others from misusing your JonDo connections in case you had accidentially allowed global access.
· Check type and ID of each account challenge in order to prevent first mixes from reading the user's balance.
· spanish translation
· Switching, disconnecting and reconnection of services is much faster now and more robust against network problems.
· Updates of infoservice and payment information on startup is much faster now.
· Support for a new type of payment rates: monthly rates that provide the same data volume each month. These rates will be introduced within the next weeks.
· If anonymous mode is OFF: non-anonymous "direct" proxy can now open arbitrary long URLs, is immediately updated if its settings change and is automatically initialized when JonDo starts.
· Proxy authentication (proxy login with username and password) works again.
· Services that change their certificates are now affected by the auto-blacklist.
· Old/lost cost confirmations are now correctly restored when received from the first mix.
· KDE4 update works again
· External browser in portable mode may now be set on all operating systems and to all local file paths.
· use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost for default socket listener in order to prevent IPv6 connections to JonDo
· block internal auto-update if Java Web Start is recognized
· raised update intervals for database entries and reduced number of contacted InfoServices in order to draw load from InfoServices and payment instance
· fixed many other small bugs and instabilities...
August 26th, 2009
· Patch for HTTP client library that reactivates proxy authentication.
August 20th, 2009Enhancements:
· do not replace referer within the same domain
· encrypted control channels
· different encryption keys for upstream and downstream packets
· warn on usage of potentially insecure browsers
· transparent (de)compression for gzip and deflate http-content-encoding
· new user agent
· help files updated
· enhanced terms and conditions stylesheet and classes
· updated cz messages
· show warning if update certificates are about to get invalid
· show message if Java version is too old before doing an update
· Changed handling of expired certificates to accept them only within a maximum grace time of 2 month
· updates for terms and condition classes
· construct cascade name from mix or operator common name if set by the individual operators
· small gui updates
· added frequent browser name to general statistics
· use JCE DSA key generator if available (needs bouncycastle for >= 1.3 java)
· warn if credits are not sufficient for big HTTP download
· activate header filtering for CONNECT requests
· remove system-wide Java proxy settings with ProxySelector call
· warn if no InfoService certificates are verifyable on update
· recommend stable update if newest beta version is below stable version and below the installed beta version
· new dutch translation
· recognize billing errors in payment instance by calculating the sum over all locally stored cost confirmations
· DNS resolution now works over SOCKS5 when forced proxy is set
· fixed gzip-header split bug
· fixed client-side byte counting for nearly-empty accounts
· fixed forced cascade auto switch on error
· removed backwards compatibility to 7.x mix payment protocol
· fixed synchronisation issue with InfoServices
· filter special characters from XML
· fixed wrong calculation of PC hash
· fixed problem that dll update window could not be hidden
· fixed automatic account switching when account is empty
· no timeout for InfoServiceDB entries in client context
· fixed local/global listener reversal
· removed some unnecessary panel updates at "onUpdateValues()"
· filter special characters from cascade name fragments
· security and length fixes for automatic cascade name generation
· fixed possible null pointer in XMLUtil format function
· fixed possible null pointer in JAPController
· small fix for socket listener
· changed "socks5" labels to "socks"
· fixed possible null pointer in PayAccountsFile
· fixed possible NullPointer in HyperLinkAdapter
· fixed memory leak in HTTPProxyCallback
· auto-interrupt monitored file chooser if windows API blocks
March 28th, 2009
· Fixed UTF8 transformation.
· Fixed possible null pointers in startup classes.
· Proxy-keep-alive support for direct proxy.
· Show always top of terms and conditions.
· Preload anonym-o-meter images for offline and connecting.
· Clarified data retention dialogs.
· Close cascade popup on main window click.
· Asynchronous update of payment instances on startup.
· Downsized DSA key pool for accounts to one.
· Create InfoService statistics about Java versions and operating systems.
· Lower granularity on version statistics.
· Added explicit custom filter option for free services.
· Enforce some Java updates by a non-removable update window.
March 23rd, 2009
· Added filter for data retention.
· Fixed certificate check for verified cascade certificates.
· Fixed tooltip error message for forwarding server.
· Do not automatically connect to premium services when custom filter is active and no charged account is available.
· Temporarily removed critical header replacement (HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING).
· Immediately react when switching automatic account and InfoService updates.
March 20th, 2009
· Added XML library for JRE 1.3 compatibiliy.
· Encode XML characters as entities when storing and loading help path.
· Help files: more detailed explanation for Anonym-O-Meter.
· Close program on severe startup errors.
· Set selection to default InfoService if no InfoService is selected when root panel is shown.
· Removed redundant storage of cascade data in services panel.
· Fixed performance problem with fast downloads by limiting GUI updated.
· Fast removal of status messages.
· Removed references to jap packages from InfoSercvice.
March 17th, 2009Usability:
· completely rewritten help files with lots of background information
· new windows installer combines desktop and portable version
· convenient install script for Linux
· new config assistant giving help on the first steps with JonDo
· set account expiration notification up to seven days
· show error window when starting JonDo and JonDo already runs
· use Google map in MapBox instead of mapquest as mapquest is not parsable for us any more
· help files auto extraction and presentation in default browser (with fallback to internal help window)
· show max users for limited Cascades
· adapted Windows XP / Vista default paths to system defaults
· detailed performance view of the currently available servicer
· automatic Windows dll update with admin rights
· if automatic update is not possible (too old DLL) then give detailed instructions for DLL update
· edit filter directly in the Cascade popup menu
· preparations for showing and accepting Operator terms and conditions
· show 0 deposit as "coupon code" payment
· automatically update payment instances when clicking on update button in main window
· added uninstall routine for config and help files
· Windows dll automatically restores task icon after explorer crash
· autoreconnect after account switch
· added options to completely prevent anonymous update/payment instance/infoservice connections
· better coupon field typing logic
· show last update time of account balance
· if there are unsaved accounts on shutdown, show export dialog for active/random unsaved account
· allow choosing filters directly from service combobox
· on update, allow for switching to administrator/root if needed
· presentation of data retention services/Mixes complete
· details view is clearer and slighter (new graphics and buttons)
· show connected status in details view
· "simple view" is now the default view
· intuitive and friendly payment dialog
· user may change and choose the portable browser
· describe possible reason if writing of config file fails
· show button to changelog in update reminder dialog
· set relative debug file path in portable mode
· show clearer messages when starting forwarding / anti censorship server
· renamed config option "services" to "anonymity"
· show forwarding server checkbox also in simple view
· quality filter replaced by SOCKS5 filter
· cached key creation for a faster account creation
· support for multiple certification paths
· better understandable certificate view
· new anonym-o-meter images (clearer evaluation of mix distribution and user numbers)
· filter HTTP headers of unencrypted connection like JonDoFox
· show only fully certified 3-Operator-Cascades in premium filter
· show country flags of mixes/operators in main window
· optimized performance info and secured it against malicious/erroneous InfoServices (ID check, majority decision, bounds instead of average values)
· recognize Operator certificates with same SKI or organisation name (whitespaces are ignored) as same Operator when counting mixes of filtering operators
· enable fine granular control of allowed domains/IPs when anonymity mode is off
· positive checkID (comparison of certificate subject key identifier and document id) for MixInfo messages is now mandatory
· extract mix name and short operator name from the corresponding certificate
· always check id in status infos
· show certificate status for operators/mixes also in main window
· block services which do not at least have one non-expired/valid ertification path at the first or last mix
· block InfoService requests for InfoServices with only expired/invalid certification paths
· added German Privacy Foundation CA certificate
· fixed some null pointers in InfoService performance test
· fixed int overflow in update wizard
· fixed possible deadlock while closing dummy traffic channel
· set default connection timeout from 20 to 30 seconds
· added fast login timeout of 4 seconds until default timeout is reached or a Cascade connection is established (only if auto switch enabled)
· 2 seconds timeout for account update upon connecting
· fixed possible null pointer in JAPController when accessing AnonProxy
· fixed possible null pointer in AbstractX509AlternativeName
· made preLoadConfigFile more robust against changes in jap.conf XML structure
· fixed null pointer in cascade transport connection when network error occurs
· ConsoleView: delay setVisisble a little bit do avoid 100% CPU consumption in some stange setting where input is not available
· fixed password bug that occured when password was not typed in correctly
· fixed small sync and count bugs in Multiplexer
· sane close procedure for data channels
· only load bootstrap infoservices if less than three infoservices are available
· removed unnecessary update command for settings panel which lead to deadlocks in MacOS X
· additional error checks when opening external processes
· added equals method to PaymentInstanceDBEntry so that known PIs are not deleted on update
· fixed possible GUI deadlock by synchronizing pack() and updateValues()
· patch for some infrequent GUI deadlocks with JFileChooser
· automatically count totally billed data volume according to the cost confirmations sent (no need for PI connection)
· fixed null pointer when deleting account without balance
· fixed null pointer when connecting to paid service without active account
· if account has expired, do not show a warning dialog when deleting
· close anonymous connection if accounting login timed out
· do not show blocked payment options in transaction details
· get environment variables on Java 1.2-1.4
· repeat display of auto-removed status panel messages if displaying is interrupted
· consistent default values for "reset to defaults"
· do not load/store MixInfo objects any more, as they are automatically generated from MixCascade-Objects
· disabled system/Java wide SOCKS settings for JonDo
· utf-8 support for XML strings
· activated system err log on startup as temporary log
· asynchronous auto-fill IS temp layer for details panel on startup
· update JAPConfAnon when observers are registered
· immediately delete database entries if they were not in the data fetched from the InfoServices
· prevent DNS resolving when checking XML documents in JonDo context
· do not propose finishing transactions for expired accounts
· do not auto-blacklist manual services
· reset all values in PaymentMainPanel upon deletion of last account
· do not delete previous services before manual update (old services are already deleted automatically during database update)
· fixed synchronisation issue when accessing the AccountInfo member
· some layout fixes in InfoService panel
· recalculate number of countries and operators for a cascade when certificate status changes
· complete review of JAPConfCert
· prepaid byte handling in challenge skipped when mix supports new payment protocol
· try to load single resources with default Java methods first (important for Applets)
· optimized number of timeout threads for internal database
· fixed update wizard for the specific case when jar file is root protected, but jar directory is not
· show all popup windows on current view (including config view)
· keep extended view when updating from old JonDo versions which did not save "extended view" status
· some GUI fixes for InfoService panel
· validate config panels on update
· JonDo updater delete check