March 6th, 2013BUGS FIXED:
· On Windows 64-bit, an error causing link errors about __gmp_binvert_limb_table has been fixed.
· Aarch64 alias ARM64 support now works.
· A possible buffer overrun in mpz_ior has been fixed.
· A rare sign flip in mpz_remove has been fixed.
· A bug causing problems with mpf numbers with absolute value ≥ 231 has been fixed.
· Several bugs in mini-gmp have been fixed.
· A bug caused by automake, related to the 'distcheck' target, has been fixed by upgrading the automake used for GMP release engineering.
· Preliminary support for the x32 ABI under x86-64.
· The mini-gmp testsuite now tests the entire set of functions.
· Various improvements of the GMP testsuite.
December 10th, 2011BUGS FIXED:
· Many minor bugs related to portability fixed.
· The support for HPPA 2.0N now works, after an assembly bug fix.
· A test case type error has been fixed. The symptom of this bug was spurious 'make check' failures.
· None, except indirectly through recognition of new CPUs.
· Fat builds are now supported for 64-bit x86 processors also under Darwin.
December 6th, 2010BUGS FIXED:
· Fat builds fixed.
· Fixed crash for huge multiplies when old FFT_TABLE2 type of parameter selection tables' sentinel was smaller than multiplied operands.
· The solib numbers now reflect the removal of the documented but preliminary mpn_bdivmod function; we correctly flag incompatibility with GMP 4.3. GMP 5.0.0 has this wrong, and should perhaps be uninstalled to avoid confusion.
· Multiplication of large numbers has indirectly been sped up through better FFT tuning and processor recognition. Since many operations depend on multiplication, there will be a general speedup.
· More Core i3, i5 an Core i7 processor models are recognised.
· Fixes and workarounds for Mac OS quirks should make this GMP version build using many of the different versions of "Xcode".
· The amount of scratch memory needed for multiplication of huge numbers have been reduced substantially (but is still larger than in GMP 4.3.)
· Likewise, the amount of scratch memory needed for division of large numbers have been reduced substantially.
· The FFT tuning code of tune/tuneup.c has been completely rewritten, and new, large FFT parameter selection tables are provided for many machines.
· Upgraded to the latest autoconf, automake, libtool.
December 22nd, 2009Bugs:
· Fixed bug in mpn_gcdext, affecting also mpz_gcdext and mpz_invert. The bug could cause a cofactor to have a leading zero limb, which could lead to crashes or miscomputation later on.
· Fixed some minor documentation issues.
· Workarounds for various issues with Mac OS X's build tools.
· Recognize more IBM "POWER" processor variants.
November 4th, 2008
· tests/devel/anymul_1.c: Include .
· gmp-h.in (__GNU_MP_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL): Bump.
· Makefile.am (LIBGMP_LT_*, LIBGMPXX_LT_*, LIBMP_LT_*): Bump version info.
· gmp-h.in: Unconditionally include .
· doc/gmp.texi: Fix a typo and clarify mpn_gcdext docs.
· mpf/set_str.c: Allocate mantissa space based on mantissa size, not on destination variable space.
· mpf/set_str.c: Accept unary plus before exponent.
· config.guess: Recognize new AMD K10 processors. Default x86 cpu type to configfsf.guess's value.