Froq 2.4.1 Build 2209 - Changelog
What's new in Froq 2.4.1 Build 2209:June 21st, 2013
- No longer replaces text into symbols in the sql-editor
- Fixed removing rows on non-oracle tables where the primary key is an timestamp
- Fixed storing and loading of BLOB contents on Mac OS X 10.7 and higher
- Updated MySQL driver for better support of MySQL 5.6
- Fixes issues that prevented Froq to launch after installing Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 6 or Java for OS X 2013-004
- New tabs now open directly next to the active document.
- IMPORTANT: As of Froq 2.4 Froq is Intel only and requires Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
What's new in Froq 2.4.0 Build 2125:December 10th, 2012
- Completed Retina Macbook compatibility
- Added Developer-ID for Mountain Lion's GateKeeper
- IMPORTANT: As of Froq 2.4 Froq is Intel only and requires Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Instability when executing some specific SQL scripts
- Improved responsiveness during resultset preloading
- Various stability improvements
What's new in Froq 2.3.2 Build 2041:December 16th, 2011
- Fixes connectivity with SQL Server on Java 1.6.0 Update 29
- Fixes compatibility with a few Oracle data types in Java 6.
- Stability updates
What's new in Froq 2.3.1 Build 2028:July 4th, 2011
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) when reopening Froq
- Updates to tab dragging.
- Updates to sql-formatter.
- Fixes to stability when using the QuickFilter on certain configurations.
- Stability updates
What's new in Froq 126.96.36.199 Build 2003:February 3rd, 2011
- Fixes minor issue, where (on Oracle connections) the session info window would also open when requesting 'info' on an object or record.
- Fixes a minor stability issue introduced in Froq 2.3
What's new in Froq 2.3 Build 1993:January 28th, 2011
- Multi-touch. Swipe horizontal to navigate through the current documents history, swipe vertical to navigate through the current windows tabs. (Requires Mac OS X 10.6.2 and supporting hardware)
- Generate urls to Froq database connections (froq:mysql://email@example.com:3306/maindb), once connected see the connection menu.
- Added connection preference to allow immediate connection from a document or url (without confirmation), off by default.
- Added option to open a Session Info window for the current (Oracle) session, see connection menu.
- Changes and Fixes
- Froq better handles connections from files that contain connections that haven't been accessed before and creates a new connection.
- Updated cell-editor to be read-only when the resultset is.
- Decreased frequency of background connections.
- Some minor enhancement and fixes
What's new in Froq 188.8.131.52 Build 1963:November 9th, 2010
- Fixes issue where one couldn't browse for an SQLite database on the connection sheet.
What's new in Froq 2.2.3 Build 1957:October 31st, 2010
- Fixes issue where not all rows where updated, when using update SQL queries on SQL Server.
- Fixes stability issue when dragging value to a constrained table (option-drag)
- Fixes issue where analyse would result in an error on Oracle connections with autocommit enabled
- Fixes issue where after reconnecting an Oracle management window no data would load.
- Fixes issue where dropping value's on Oracle synonyms in the browser didn't have expected result.
- Allows drag of statement recall query to other applications
- Other stability enhancements
What's new in Froq 2.2.2 Build 1937:November 18th, 2009
- Improved reliability of Excel exports
- Fixed issue where Exporter setting 'Re-execute SQL statements when exporting' wasn't persistent
- Fixes the 'Program' name in Oracle Management for Froq sessions
- Stability improvements
- Improved stability when commit / rollback is no longer possible after losing the connection
- Improved Object-info (Table, View etc…) stability when requesting info and no database connection can be made
- Fixes to the initial schema selection
- Improved reconnecting to a SQLite database, from an .sql file
- Fixes stability when changing the QuickFilter to the 'custom filter'
- Fixed issue when loading Froq SQL documents that were stored with newlines in their SQL parameters
- Improved background services stability, when active under a locked workstation
What's new in Froq 2.2.1 Build 1903:September 7th, 2009
- Updated & Fixed QuickLook plugin for Snow Leopard, added 64 bit support
- Updated SpotLight plugin for Snow Leopard, added 64 bit support
- Stability fixes to background services
- Updated 'Record Info' sheet layout
- Fixed distortion issues when resizing window manually
- Fixed issue where resultset layout wasn't maintained when refreshing the results of a custom SQL command
- Fixes issues when inputting the first record in an empty SQLite table
- Fixed issue where command-E wouldn't open the Edit Value window anymore
- Fixed issue of huge context menu's in resultsets with large text values.
- Improved exporting to SQL.
- Localization fixes.
What's new in Froq 2.2 Build 1864:July 20th, 2009
- New features:
- Snow Leopard Compatibility, rewrote engine to no longer depend on the Cocoa-Java bridge
- Added QuickFilter options, store your current QuickFilter for later usage
- Added option to the Connection-preferences to keep the connection alive
- Added Activity Window (See Window menu) to view all database activity
- Added Auto-commit options to other than MySQL databases
- Added Recycle bin support for Oracle 10 and later databases.
- Improved performance when filtering Oracle partitioned tables
- Improved compatibility of exported Microsoft Excel files, reduced file size
- Moved the commit and rollback action to the background
- Now allows Connecting to a database while an other document is still trying to connect
- Connecting can now be cancelled, documents can now be closed while connecting, application can be quit while connecting
- Upgraded SQLite driver
- ROW column can no longer be moved
- Sql Scripts are no longer being registered in the Statement Recall collections
- Manually updating connection information no longer clears the history
- Custom QuickFilter, didn't update correctly if it wasn't the first of multiple filters
- Improved stability when reloading the resultset without filtering and sorting, after first canceling the selection
- Improved stability when performing Sql Analysis on Oracle databases
- Improved stability for background actions
- Canceling execution now also works with fast scripts
- Localization Fixes
- Various performance & stability updates
What's new in Froq 184.108.40.206:August 18th, 2008
- Froq 220.127.116.11 Fixes Oracle / insert issues, introduced in Froq 2.1.1
What's new in Froq 2.1:June 20th, 2008
- Column drag, vertically drag a column header to use all its loaded values as a QuickFilter item, add them to the current filter or drop them on a table in the left browser
- Improved dropping onto the browser; hold Command to start filtering the table in a new tab, hold Command-Option to start filtering the table in a new window
- Added scrollbar to the 'Custom filter'
- Re-designed interface
- Improved performance and stability
- Select / rename columns to export and in which order
- Export as Microsoft Excel documents
- Export as SQL Statements
- Added 'Duplicate Tab' to the File and tab context menus, use it to duplicate the current tab including its selection and filter
- Added 'Tab title' preference, to customize the tab title
- Added tabs to the 'Window menu'
- Re-arranged tabbar context menu
- 'Select'-statements executed in the SQL-Editor can now simply be re-executed by selecting Refresh from the Resultset Menu
- Added 'Keyboard Shortcuts' to the help documentation
- Added possibility to retry to connect after a connection failure
- Improved SQL dropping from resultset onto the SQL-Editor
- Improved Visual feedback when dropping items onto the tabbar
- Major performance enhancements for the SQL-Editor, including auto-completion, the QuickLook and the Spotlight plugin, most noticeable on larger SQL document
- Additional trial period, for users who have evaluated Froq 2.0
- SQL-Results (drawer) now only keeps a limited number of results, to prevent performance problems
- Fixed issue where a new window would 'flicker' in front of the current document, when 'Select new tabs when they are created' is un-checked
- Fixed date/timestamp/datetime stability issues in the 'QuickFilter'
- Fixed issue when sorting on columns with spaces in their name
- Fixed issue where SQL variables that only differed in case would be represented in the variable input panel twice
- Fixed issue where matching braces where sought while in a comment or a literal element
- Fixed connection panel sizing, it now automatically shrinks when it doesn't fit
- Localization fixes
- Additional stability & performance updates
What's new in Froq 2.0.1:May 4th, 2008
- Improved memory usage, updated settings to a maximum of 256MB Java memory
- Improved performance when browsing connections with many tables (500 )
- Improved resultset scrolling performance
- Improved performance when loading connection meta-data
- Disabled automatic meta-data update when connection contains more that 4000 tables
- Extended max font size SQL-Editor preference from 16 to 28
- Changed 'check for updates on startup' into 'periodically check for updates'
- Fixed focus issues with software-update panel
- Fixed issue where too much Oracle Connection Info was retrieved
- Fixed an application lock-up that could occur during initial Connection info retrieval
- Fixed issue where row-changes weren't submitted when starting to QuickFilter directly after editing a row
- Fixed issue where the selection in the cell editor was placed at the end of the text
- Fixed issue where tabs could be distorted when going opening a second tab when the first is busy
- Fixed issue with wrong items in the context menu in the resultsets created with custom queries
- Fixed resultset deadlock issues
- Fixed some stability issues when closing documents
- Fixed issue where opening documents would directly cause them to be marked as edited.
- Improved Tiger / PowerPC stability
What's new in Froq 2.0 RC 4:April 14th, 2008
- Added support for SQLite autoincrement columns
- Added support for editing tables without primary keys in SQLite
- Added TNS or SID indication to Oracle's connection details
- Enabled Connection Details when using Oracle Management
- Replaced SQLite driver with a native driver to improve performance
- Added support for SQLite triggers in the Table info panel
- Added matching brace highlights to the SQL-Editor
- Added automated auto-completion to the SQL-Editor
- Extended SQL-Editor preferences with 2 syntax recognition options
- Fixed issue where certain errors (none decimals in a text field) could result in an application crash in SQLite
- Fixed Session Info (Oracle Management) window, to be unified under Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Fixed issue where Connection Details weren't available when using Oracle Management
- Fixed issue where program-name wasn't set to oracle connections when using sid connections (i.s.o. tns service-names)
- Fixed issue where print-job wasn't named correctly
- Fixed issue where scripts couldn't be printed when the document isn't connected
- Fixed issue where the constraint creation assistant could generate invalid sql
- Fixed issue where 'comment on' syntax wasn't recognized as a ddl statement
- Fixed issue where the cell editor didn't allow Undo actions
- Fixed issue where the localtime modifier in SQLite didn't function
- Fixed Table Info layout
- Fixed Quickfilter for table / views with spaces or reserved words in there name
- Fixed Quickfilter for table / views with spaces or reserved words in there column names
- Updated main window to show syntax coloring when displaying an SQLite trigger
- Fixed issue where Froq still would uppercase certain keywords in the Table info 'ddl' tab
- Updated SQL formatter (SQL>Format SQL)
- Updated Syntax coloring
- Fixed issue, where auto-completion list upper-cased all context related words
What's new in Froq 2.0 RC 2:March 31st, 2008
- Added Create SQLite database to File menu.
- Froq now no longer requires a password to be used for a connection
- Updated performance when closing windows
- Extended expiration date to April 25th
- Small artwork adjustments
- Fixed issue where the focus would get lost after using the 'Record info'.
- Fixed issue where double-clicking a tab would open a new tab
- Fixed startup sequence
- Fixed Value-Editor, so it doesn't render off screen.
- Fixed localization of SQLite paths in interface.
- Fixed timestamptz support for Oracle
- Fixed issue where Value Editor, would display empty cells as '(null)'
- Updated Value-Editor layout
- Fixed issue with readonly icon
- Stability fixes
- Performance fixes
- Improved compatibility with certain Oracle and MySQL datatypes
What's new in Froq 1.3.0:March 2nd, 2008
- Added Color label to the Connection manager connections list
- Updated help documentation, added Feedback and More than Browsing your data.
- Localized help documentation.
- Added resultset context menu, to the current editing value. Making is easier to use a sequence from the context menu.
- Added Object management feature to the Oracle Management window.
- Added context menu to the Management window's sessions, locks and longops tables.
- Localized Oracle management.
- Changing the Color label of tabs will also update the Color label registered with the connection.
- Updated Connection Manager to automatic fill in the password field from the keychain when available after changing the username.
- Updated Color label graphics
- Changed Management controls back to Command-1 through 6 i.s.o. Command-Option-1 through 5
- Moved clustering-sensing to the front, to prevent an unnecessary additional refresh
- Changed default sorting of sessions and locks to longest through shortest
- Moved session info to its own window, and its own processing thread
- Removed stack traces from the log.
- Updated install sequence, Spotlight refreshes only occurs for specific versions
- Updated document open / reconnect, to better use existing connections / color labels
- Fixed that the browser behind the management window could be used
- Fixed issue when loading resultsets with empty CLOB's
- Fixed 'check now' button on Preferences window
- Improved Oracle Management Locks speed (factor 5 )
- Improved Oracle Management Sessions speed (factor 2 )
- Improved Long ops performance (factor 8 ), by truncating number of results
What's new in Froq 1.3.0:October 29th, 2007
- The Froq application has been updated to perform correctly on Apple's latests operating system, Mac OS X 10.5 codename Leopard.
- Other than that this update brings a small number of updates to the unlicensed version, enhancing the trial experience