February 20th, 2013New or Changed Server Features:
· When an LDAP synchronization fails, further attempts will automatically occur at 30 minute intervals. If, after three attempts, it is still not possible to synchronize, an error message will be logged and an e-mail send to the administrator provided the e-mail settings have been configured. On manual synchronization, an error message will be displayed on the client machine that initiated the synchronization command
· Following an update from FontExplorer X Server version 1.5.x to 1.7 it was not possible to download fonts from the server
· If a scheduled synchronization failed due to an error on the LDAP server, users already imported into FontExplorer X Server were getting deleted
· After updating from FontExplorer X Server version 1.6.1 to 1.7, it occasionally occurred that the used font license counts were no longer accurate
· When the FontExplorer X and LDAP servers went into an idle state for an extended period of time (24+ hours) immediately following a synchronization, users were getting deleted from the FontExplorer X Server
· The FontExplorer X Server crashed and automatically restarted if the LDAP server was unavailable at the time a scheduled synchronization started
· Configured domains may sporadically disappear from the FontExplorer X LDAP panel if the LDAP server could not be reached
· The FontExplorer X Server preference pane in System Preferences would occasionally hang (Macintosh only)
· The port number in the FontExplorer X Server "Slave" panel was displayed incorrectly under OS X 10.8 (Macintosh only)
February 20th, 2013Resolved Issues:
· Corrected a memory leak which occurred during client/server communication. This would eventually cause the server to hang or block users from logging in. A server restart was necessary.
February 20th, 2013Resolved Issues:
· Fonts uploaded to the FontExplorer X Server version 1.6 were sometimes missing after restarting the server. This could also be seen after restoring a backup or after server replication, both of which require a server restart
· Fixed an issue where login was slow when connecting to servers with many nested sets and folders
· Server error messages were not shown correctly when the language was set to French
· LDAP directory was not displayed correctly when accessing Open Directory (Mac client only)
· With "Hide Library" enabled, users with "Write" permissions on Sets were able to select File>Import
· Connection between server and client was periodically lost during font upload/download
· After a long connection (more than 8 hours) users were not notified that their login had expired and were forced to quit the client in order to log in again
· In the LDAP Configure Domains window, the Domain Name field allowed entry of IP addresses. An error is now displayed when attempting to save the configuration
· In the LDAP Configure Domains window, the Domain Name field was labeled "IP or Hostname" in the German and French translations. This has been changed to "Domain Name" (German: "Domänen-Name:" French: "Nom de Domaine")
· After upgrades of server with LDAP Authentication enabled, administrators were not automatically directed to LDAP Configure Domains window and instructed to enter domain information
· Windows server panel Backup Destination now allows selection of a network directory for backup
· Offline usage information in the small info panel is not displayed accurately when not logged in to the FontExplorer X Server
· Slave servers would sometimes fail to automatically restart, especially after long replications. This would require manually restarting the server panel and the server to correct the issue
· Slave replication would loop if replication time was less than a minute
· LDAP Synchronization would occasionally assign users to the wrong group
Server New Features:
· The Slave server will now attempt to restart itself multiple times in the event of restart failures after replication (Windows only)
· The Windows server can now be configured in the Logging tab to send email notification of server crashes
February 20th, 2013New Features:
· Extended LDAP functionality including multiple domain definition, support for Security and Distribution groups, domain authentication and monitoring of groups to automatically add/remove users
· Reworked user connection model for better performance and more stability
· Reworked statistics area
· Reload Server Sources can now be activated via keyboard shortcut (Mac only)
· Added an option to the Server Set context menu to "Remove Server Set and Contained Fonts".
· Added a context menu to the Groups panel with options to Add a Group, Remove a Group, Remove a Group and Users and Duplicate a Group
· View the comments assigned to server sets and server folders via the properties dialog by simply holding the mouse pointer on the item (Mac only)
· Server backups can now be deleted via the Backups panel
· Administrator can now block clients from upgrading their client software. This can be assigned globally, by group or by user
· Administrator can now block Mac clients from importing fonts via the finder to their user font folder (~/Library/Fonts). This can be assigned globally, by group or by user
· Server administrators can now export their server font library directly from the FontExplorer X Server panel
· Added a users tab to the server preference pane with options for disconnecting all or selected users.
· Added a "Maintenance Mode" option to the server (disconnects all non-admin users and prevents other users from logging in)
· The server panel is now also available in French
· The Windows server panel installer now provides a Bonjour-free installation option
· When dragging a local smart set to the server with FontExplorer X Pro for Mac it no longer produces an empty server folder. The content of the smart set is now correctly converted to a server set.
· Fonts files exported by FontExplorer X Pro for Mac from the FontExplorer X server library or a server set are no longer flagged invisible.
· LDAP connections closed when leaving LDAP Import area. Connection used to remain open across sessions unless explicitly closed.
· LDAP import limitation of 1,000 users per group has been corrected.
· Username is no longer case sensitive.
· Improved performance during the login process with FontExplorer X Pro for Mac (memory problems resolved)
· Server name changes are now made directly in the Server Pref pane under "General". It is therefore no longer possible to change a server name via the Summary & Login panel on the FontExplorer X client
February 20th, 2013Resolved:
· Moved scheduled backup and replication logging information from the error log to the communication log.Scheduled server backups did not work when the day was set to Sunday. Also requires updating the Mac client to version 2.5.1.
· Offline Mode will not go into effect after restarting FontExplorer X Pro client Version 2.5. Please update the FontExplorer X Pro client to version 2.5.1