January 8th, 2013
· Instant Web Publishing - Addressed issues where Instant Web Publishing could crash after a period of use.
· Running server-side scripts - When a script uses the Insert From URL script step with the “file” protocol, any specified file must be in the FileMaker Server Documents folder, the temporary folder, or a child folder of either the FileMaker Server Documents folder or the temporary folder.
September 14th, 2012Installation and Configuration:
· (OS X 10.8) The FileMaker Server 12.0v2 installer and updater applications are digitally signed for installation on OS X 10.8.
· (OS X 10.8) FileMaker Server 12.0v2 addresses an issue with deploying FileMaker Server on OS X 10.8 with web publishing enabled.
· (Windows) Addressed an issue with installing an earlier Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version on a machine that has a more recent JRE version. The FileMaker Server 12.0v2 installer installs JRE 6 update 32 only if the machine has no JRE or if the machine has an earlier JRE version.
· Addressed an issue with installing the trial version of FileMaker Server 12 on a machine that previously had an expired trial version of FileMaker Server 11 installed.
· Addressed an issue with the fmi-test application that would cause the Web Server Test Failed step to occur in the Deployment assistant.
· (OS X) FileMaker Server 12.0v2 installs PHP 5.3.8 on OS X 10.6, and installs PHP 5.3.10 on OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
· Added a setting to the Database Server > Security tab to allow progressive download of interactive content when the “Require secure connections” setting is selected.
· Added support for loading 64-bit plug-ins used by Custom Web Publishing solutions. Note: Use the FileMaker 12 plug-in SDK to create 64-bit plug-ins.
· Addressed a performance issue with import and export processing using scheduled tasks.
· Addressed an issue with progressive backup that could prevent an internal progressive backup folder from being deleted.
· Addressed an issue where progressive backup of a database was temporarily discontinued because the database was being modified at the time of the backup interval, requiring the Database Server to make a full copy of the database to restart its progressive backup.
Command Line Interface:
· For CLI commands that support specifying databases by name, removed the requirement that CLI commands must explicitly use the .fmp12 extension. For example, the following command closes the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file: fmsadmin CLOSE FMServer_Sample
· Addressed an issue with the fmsadmin PAUSE command showing concatenated database names in its output message.
Added the option “-t” to the fmsadmin PAUSE command. When the server administrator runs the PAUSE command, the Database Server attempts to get a read lock within the length of the time specified by the timeout value:
fmsadmin PAUSE -t secondes:
For example, to give the Database Server 120 seconds to pause all databases, use the following command:
· fmsadmin PAUSE -t 120
· (OS X 10.8) The ODBC client driver installer application is digitally signed for installation on OS X 10.8.
· (OS X 10.7) Addressed an issue where using Open Directory user accounts specified for authentication using the “real name” or “full name” format would not allow users to access a hosted database. FileMaker Server 12.0v2 on OS X 10.7 supports using Open Directory with the real name and the short name formats.
Custom Web Publishing:
· Addressed an issue for PHP solutions that use the getContainerDataURL() method to display container data using the HTML object tag. Previously, the issue could cause a web client using Internet Explorer 9 to see PHP errors or HTML errors, or make the Web Publishing Engine unresponsive.
· Addressed an issue in Custom Web Publishing where XML query commands were not returning XML tags for empty fields in related records displayed in a portal. The issue occurred when querying databases that had been converted from .fp7 to .fmp12.
August 6th, 2011Installer/Updater:
· FileMaker Server 11.0v3 installs Tomcat 5.5.33 on all supported platforms.
· FileMaker Server 11.0v3 installs Java 6 Update 24 on supported Windows platforms.
· FileMaker Server 11.0v3 installs PHP 5.2.17 on supported Windows platforms and PHP 5.3.3 on supported Mac OS X platforms.
· Windows: Addressed a backup performance issue on systems that have a total database size close to or larger than the system RAM size.
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server becomes unresponsive after a client performs a query that requires the server to request the client’s global fields.
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server becomes unresponsive when running a scheduled script that has an invalid file reference.
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server loses the ability to authenticate using external accounts.
· Mac OS: Addressed an issue where users authenticated via external accounts are allowed to access hosted files after they are forced to change their password because the “User must change password at next logon” option is enabled on the authenticating server.
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server asks for the long name format during external authentication, which results in an invalid user error when the account is a local account on the machine.
· Addressed an issue where the operating system is displayed as unknown when iOS clients connect to FileMaker Server.
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server Admin Console does not launch after installing Java 6 Update 24.
· Addressed a performance issue caused by a memory leak when executing certain SQL queries.
· Addressed an issue where the xDBC listener would leak memory when a client disconnected unexpectedly.
· Addressed an issue where Instant Web Publishing makes the Web Publishing Engine unresponsive if a script modifies a database for a window that was previously closed.
· Addressed an issue where the web browser and Instant Web Publishing hang on some layouts containing portals from self-joined tables.
June 30th, 2010Installer/Updater:
· FileMaker Server 11.0v2 will install an updated version of Java 6 Update 20 on all Windows platforms
· FileMaker Server 11.0v2 will install Bonjour 2.0 on all Windows platforms
· Addressed an issue in CLI where command “fmsadmin restart server” doesn’t restart the server
· Addressed an issue in open remote dialog where files were sometimes displayed slowly when using the Guest account on a FileMaker Server with both external authentication and file display filtering enabled
· Addressed an issue where a corrupt database sometimes crashes FileMaker Server during consistency check on open
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server sometimes would quit when FileMaker Pro client opens a database that refers to other databases that FileMaker Server is still in the process of opening
· Addressed an issue on Windows where clients cannot connect to the Database Server that has just started, and the Database Server can't be stopped because it has hung when registering a custom host name on the network
· Addressed an issue where Database Server becomes unresponsive on performing a search that has over 16KB in a global field
· Addressed an issue where a FileMaker Pro client user receives a license key conflict accessing an IWP solution hosted on a remote FileMaker Server when an IWP client running in the same machine as Pro client accesses the same IWP solution
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server could shut down when multiple clients entered into a thread contention, which resulted in disconnected clients appearing in the clients view due to a timing issue
· Addressed an issue where the FileMaker Server consistency check failed to detect damaged access privileges
· Addressed an issue on Mac OS X where the Admin Console stops updating statistics (or admin server becomes disconnected) if left on the statistics panel for some time period
· Addressed an issue where you can access the Admin Console via the desktop direct link even if your IP address is not in the allowed IP addresses field under General settings > Admin Console
· Addressed a timeout issue where the Schedule Assistant returned an error when trying to look up FileMaker script names in a hosted database
· Addressed an issue in PHP Site Assistant where a find request on a layout containing multi-line text area with no data from a search page (findrecords.php) will return no records
· Addressed an issue on Windows where user’s current PHP engine is replaced with FileMaker supported PHP engine during deployment even when you opt to use your own PHP engine in deployment assistant
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker Server will change the PHP engine configured by user to use FileMaker bundled PHP engine without redeployment, on editing and saving Web Publishing > PHP settings
· Addressed an issue on Mac OS X where ODBC DSN configuration dialog crashes when testing connection if advanced language was set with “wide” API and UTF-8
· Addressed an issue where FileMaker xDBC listener cannot be restarted
· Addressed an issue where the FileMaker xDBC listener doesn’t flush previous TCP connection and it cannot be restarted
July 15th, 2009
· When a backup occurred while a record modification was in process, there was a chance that the backup file’s index would be out of sync with the data that was in that record. This problem has been fixed.
· An authentication problem with FileMaker Pro clients connecting to a database hosted on FileMaker Server 10 running on Windows has been fixed. The authentication problem occurs when external accounts are used to log in to the server to view their list of databases. The server setting "File Display Filter" must be set to "List only the databases each user is authorized to access".
· A problem has been fixed that would cause the summary report generated by the PHP Site Assistant to ignore the “Field to Group by” option.
· HTML embedded in the Home page of a site generated by the PHP Site Assistant was not being rendered. This problem has been fixed.
· Schedules simultaneously running Export to XML scripts would intermittently fail to produce export files. This problem has been fixed.
· DBF file types are now available for Import/Export schedules.
· On Microsoft Windows Vista or 2008 Server, restarting the FileMaker Server service while FileMaker Performance Counters are active no longer causes the DBS to crash.
January 7th, 2009
· Time-saving tools for developers.
· Maintenance enhancements for maximum uptime.
· More features to create PHP websites faster.