New in version 3.23
July 19th, 2013
- Fixed a bug that could cause typed parameter values to be rounded incorrectly, e.g. when double-clicking a knob to enter a frequency value.
- Fixed a bug in the AAX plug-ins: after deactivating a bypassed plug-in in Pro Tools, the state of the bypass parameter would not be restored correctly on reactivation.
New in version 3.22 (June 22nd, 2013)
- Now includes 64-bit AAX plug-in for Pro Tools 11. The 32-bit AAX plug-in has also been updated to the latest AAX v2 format and requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or later.
- Changing parameters via the mouse wheel will now correctly record automation and generate proper undo states. In addition, you can now also control switches with the mouse wheel.
- In the presets menu, changed the Options > View Program/Bank Numbers command to Enable MIDI Program Changes, which now actually enables/disables MIDI program changes as well as showing the program/band number for presets. This ensures that the plug-in only responds to MIDI program changes when this is desired.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent sample-accurate processing of recorded MIDI control change messages.
- Fixed a bug on OS X that could cause Help Hints to pop up even if the mouse cursor was outside the plug-in interface.
- Fixed a bug on Windows that could cause a system sound to be played when pressing Enter after typing a parameter value directly.
- Various small bug fixes and improvements.
New in version 3.21 (December 15th, 2012)
- Fixed incorrect MIDI message handling in the AAX plug-in on Mac OS X: this could cause unexpected parameter changes when starting/stopping playback in Pro Tools.
- Added a workaround in the VST 2 plug-in to ensure preset changes and parameter changes are correctly saved in Maschine by Native Instruments.
- Fixed possible crash when removing the VST 2 or VST 3 plug-in on Mac OS X while the interface is open, for example in Studio One.
- Fixed bug that could cause the interface not to appear at all in some hosts on Mac OS X, for example Triumph.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes on both Windows and Mac OS X.
New in version 3.20 (December 3rd, 2012)
- All plug-ins now contain the GPU-powered graphics acceleration introduced in FabFilter Pro-DS, ensuring ultra-smooth animation while leaving the main CPU free to do audio processing.
- FabFilter Twin 2, Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 have a new Modulation button to easily show and hide the modulation section. By default, the modulation section is hidden to make the plug-in less intimidating at first, but you can easily look 'under the hood' when you want to tweak a preset or design your own.
- FabFilter Twin 2 displays a new keyboard section in the interface when the modulation section is hidden. The component display at the top of the interface contains a new Main EG component button, letting you easily tweak EG parameters when browsing presets.
- When multiple bands are selected in FabFilter Pro-Q, the Frequency, Gain and Q knobs will now let you change parameters of the selected bands while preserving their relative differences. Double-clicking a knob still lets you set all bands to the same value.
- Updated all VST 3 plug-ins to support new features in VST 3.5, such as a host-provided right-click menu for each parameter in the interface. Steinberg's CMC-AI controller is now also supported.
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus, such as the distortion style button in FabFilter Saturn.
- Added Options > Open Other Preset option to the presets menu, making it easy to open a preset that's not in the regular presets folder.
- FabFilter Twin 2 and Timeless 2 now remember which section in the component display is expanded in Wide mode.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere on Windows and OS X.
- Fixed a bug in the mono AudioSuite plug-ins that caused the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- The Mac OS X version now requires OS X 10.5 and an Intel processor. We still offer previous versions for download if you need OS X 10.4 or PowerPC support: www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads.
- Other changes and bug fixes:
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, the Output level parameter that is displayed in the bottom bar now includes an additional decimal of precision.
- Fixed a bug in FabFilter Pro-Q that caused the "Pre" frequency analyzer to use slightly incorrect input values in Mid/side mode (so it would not totally overlap the Post curve).
- Fixed possible crashes or an empty interface in FabFilter Pro-DS with some graphics cards on both Windows and OS X.
- Fixed compatibility issues with WaveLab 6 in FabFilter Pro-DS and Saturn.
- Fixed a bug in the mono AU and mono VST 3 plug-ins that could cause it to work with an internal sample rate of 44.1 kHz even if the session sample rate was different.
- Fixed a bug in the resizable VST 2 plug-ins that could cause the interface to open with an incorrect size upon loading a saved session in e.g. Ableton Live.
- Fixed incorrect interpretation of parameter values that are typed in the host (e.g. for automation points) in the VST 2 and VST 3 plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug on Windows that caused factory preset installation to fail if your user name contains special characters.
New in version 3.13 (April 12th, 2011)
- In addition to the RTAS format, all effect plug-ins are now also available in the AudioSuite format for Pro Tools.
- All plug-ins are now Unicode-aware and correctly handle international characters on both Windows and Mac OS X, for example in preset folders and file names.
- Improved the way parameter values with custom ranges and transforms are shown by Audio Unit hosts and Pro Tools (e.g. for automation purposes).
- Added a Deauthorize option to the plug-in's Help menu, which makes it easy to delete your license key from a computer if needed.
- In Twin 2 and Timeless 2: fixed bug that could cause the XLFO to run out of sync after a while.
- In Twin 2 and Timeless 2: fixed bug that caused the XLFO Phase Offset parameter to work incorrectly in combination with random steps. Also improved sonic behavior when dragging the phase offset across its"circular" boundary.
- In Twin 2 and Timeless 2: Improved mouse wheel scrolling and editing behavior.
- In Pro-C and Pro-L: It's now possible to enter positive values in the parameter value display for knobs with a negative-only range (like Threshold or Output Level). So for example, typing "0.3" will also result in "-0.3 dB".
- Fixed incorrect redrawing in the plug-in interface that could occur in some cases in Pro Tools on Mac, for example when selecting from the Pro Tools-provided presets menu in the plug-in header.
- Fixed bug that caused the help file to open only in the first instance of the plug-in.
New in version 3.12 (July 20th, 2010)
- FabFilter Pro-Q: Fixed possible audible artifacts when enabling/disabling EQ bands.
- FabFilter Pro-Q: Fixed bug that caused dragging multiple EQ bands to create more than one undo state.
- FabFilter Pro-Q: Fixed right-click popup menu that wasn't working in the 64-bit Mac plug-ins.
- FabFilter Pro-C: Improved display of peak values in the level meters.
- FabFilter Twin 2, Volcano 2 and Timeless 2: Fixed various bugs that could cause modulation slots to be ignored when producing audio, in certain circumstances.
- All plug-ins: When typing parameter values in Reaper on Windows, the Enter key now correctly closes the edit field.
- All plug-ins: Improved soft-bypass behavior.
New in version 3.11 (May 27th, 2010)
- All plug-ins now offer keyboard text entry for parameters: just double-click on a knob to edit the parameter value directly.
- Implemented soft bypass feature in the Audio Units, VST 3 and RTAS plug-in versions.
- Improved MIDI Learn feature in the FabFilter Pro-C compressor plug-in to provide an immediate overview of all MIDI controller associations and make setting up new connections easier.
- It is now possible to enable the spectrum analyzer in the FabFilter Pro-Q equalizer plug-in by default, by overwriting the Default Setting preset after the desired spectrum analyzer mode has been set.
- The detune and master tune parameters in the FabFilter Twin 2 synthesizer plug-in are now shown in semitones. In addition, you can enter the value with the keyboard using octaves and cents as well (e.g. '0.5 oct' or '50 cents').
- Fixed behavior of the Input Gain, Output Gain and Effect Mix knobs in the FabFilter Simplon filter plug-in.