October 24th, 2009NEW FUNCTIONALITY:
· Added a "safe save" feature on Windows, to prevent corruption if crash during saving, etc. -- it also allows You can now access the last 20 saved versions in C:Users\AppDataLocalGVOX)
· Added rulers with new (red) quartz lines on mousefollow.
· Made expressions, graphics, text, dynamics, slurs and symbols assignable to any voice.
· Small change in default slur location at noteheads.
· Palette now keeps dot and tuplet when hotkey switches note/rest value.
· Lyrics are now not centered when note has a right tie (Win was changed to match Mac).
· Now any note in a chord can be clicked on for lyric insert.
· Dynamics now playback on any other voice that is not using dynamic marks (this gives users the flexibility to use different MIDI channels on separate voices, but keep dynamics in one voice for entire staff)
· Notes are automatically re-beamed when option/ctrl-drag a note.
· Added arrows on windows palette header to match mac.
· Selection now does not change which switching voice view.
· Auto-adjusting of slurs when dragging notes, et al now handles more than one slur at a note.
· Enabled negative numbers for measure number offset.
· Added tempo object as part of top-text extraction of part.
· Added a message asking the user to save file first when opening legacy files on Windows.
· Made ellipse and circled string numbers to draw using GDI+ anti-aliasing on Windows.
· Removed hard-coding of voices 2-4 & 6-8 to always beam down.
· Encore now looks in all voices when calculating tie direction.
· Added ability to create a non-score file as Default New Score.enc in the template directory - which will then bypass opening a template at launch.
· Made follow playback always ON when recording.
· Made QWERTY mode always turn off when keyboard closes.
· Added the right-click popup menu in palette header to MTD Windows.
CRASH & MAJOR BUG FIXES:
· Fixed bug causing files to be corrupted when saving while in text edit mode.
· Fixed bug causing crash on Windows opening a file saved with large printer info (some HP printers, for example).
· Fixed various bugs/crashes related to converting to/from unicode text.
· Fixed crashing bug when justify slurs at end of page.
· Fixed crash when extracting parts when current measure on part was on a page not in view.
· Fixed a crash when hitting '[' or ']' at end of a line.
· Fixed crashing bug when pasting in chord mode.
· Fixed bug that caused program to hang (sometimes appears when editing chord in last measure).
· Fixed bug where program would hang when transposing certain tied notes.
OTHER BUG FIXES:
· Various bug fixes for Mac Snow Leopard support.
· Fixed bug when creating ties were in wrong direction with chords.
· Fixed bugs related to using/adjusting lyric/chord position arrow.
· Fixed bug where tab-selecting a note would insert an unwanted chord.
· Fixed bug where normalize stems didn't normalize chords.
· Fixed bug where tab-selecting note would insert chord.
· Fixed bug when one voice in foreground and drag staff or barline didn't auto-justify other voices.
· Fixed various redraw problems after dragging and editing.
· Fixed bug where dragging top staff on page drag could not be dragged very high on some pages.
· Fixed bug where opt-drag staff left didn't recalculate barlines on staff ends properly on subsequent pages.
· Fixed bug where dragging margin of a staff margin didn't auto-justifies entire line.
· Fixed many bugs drawing and dragging slurs/ties that wrap-around a system or page.
· Fixed bug where objects in a background voice sometimes drew over foreground voice.
· Fixed bug where marks were not the right size when attached to grace notes.
· Fixed bug where stems sometimes went through the back end of beam.
· Fixed bug where key signatures with cancellation accidentals would not be given enough space on justify.
· Fixed bug which miscalculated the right # of staves in new staff dialog
· Fixed bug not erasing all of tie when deleting a tie that overlaps barline.
· Fixed MIDI Sync and related issues.
· Fixed various initial MIDI data problems when starting playback.
· Removed Humanize from playing back hairpins (was creating strange results)
· Fixed bug where alto and tenor clef helptips were swapped
· Fixed bug where double-clicking on dynamics palette would not launch playback window.
· Fixed bugs in updating/enabling menu items depending on current context.
· Fixed bug where slur would jump to other staves too easily when dragging.
· Fixed bug extracting parts when some staves in score were hidden.
· Fixed bug with print midi option not working on windows.
· Fixed bug on XP where # of copies printed squared.
· Fixed bug with bad default file pathname when printing to file.
· Fixed bug saving over network.
· Fixed flickering of ledger line when in arrow mode.
· Fixed bug where dragging middle of a short beam acted as dragging left side of beam.
· Fixed firewall preventing note collision on note and barline drags.
· Fixed bug where moving a note vertically would still normalize stems, etc.
· Fixed bug not able to undo barline drag.
· Fixed bug where stemless notes would be not be stemless after an auto-justify.
· Fixed bugs where lyrics were sometimes not be auto-justified (after barline drag, etc)
· Fixed bugs where slurs would sometimes "wander" from the note after auto-justifying.
· Fixed bug where auto-adjust would sometimes end up with middle of slur at right side of slur
· Fixed stem length slider in mac Note Attributes to set stem to zero.
· Fixed bug where score would scroll to beginning after some operations.
· Fixed bugs with print selection option in Windows print dialog.
· Fixed bug on Windows where text and other objects outside selection still printed on when printing selection-only.
· Fixed bug in calculating tied notes' play duration on Windows.
· Fixed bug where note velocity popup menu would change default setting for change velocity dialog.
· Fixed various intel-mac related bugs reading old scores.
· Fixed bug with tied notes over barline would become "detached" and mute after any function requiring a measure resize without align spacing (entering/transposing new key/time signature on same line, etc).
· Fixed bug where tied note over barline would not play if starting playback in the tied-to measure.
· Fixed bug where adding new staves would assign MIDI channels in reverse order.
· Added disable of "print midi" in show/hide dlog if midi isn't also enabled.
· Fixed problems with ties flipping, normalizing stems, marks, etc when transposing/nudging tied notes.
· Fixed wrong undo message after simplify accidentals.
· Fixed bug in lyric entry where backspacing in 2nd measure of score over barline into 1st measure caused errors or a crash.
· Fixed bugs with MIDI bank, pan, and reverb not properly sent on playback.
· Fixed bug in calculating tied notes' play duration.
· Added automatic garrison MIDI port detection to see "ARIA Player".
· Fixed bugs in VST player (windows prefs saving & dropped notes during high CPU usage)
· Fixed bug on Win where lyric melisma on more than two notes only displayed under the last one.
· Fixed various bugs where dragging items on windows would mute notes.
· Fixed bug where a new staff did not initialize Synth Device to general MIDI for voices 2-8.
· Fixed bug where a right repeat following another right repeat (with no left repeat in between them) would cause an infinte loop in playback and program freeze in MIDI export. (now in such cases the right repeat is ignored)
· Fixed bugs with sending MIDI legato on slur playback in Windows.
· Fixed bug where files double-clicked from windows explorer didn't open.
· Fixed bug in Windows Click Setup not being able to enter flat/sharp notes.
· Added missing alt-key menu shortcuts on Windows.
· Fixed Windows templates to use Send Volume and Humanize but NOT Velocity Override.
· Fixed bugs writing track banks, pan, and reverb on MIDI file export.
· Fixed playback problems with overlapped unison notes (now prematurely ends any note before an overlapped note enters and does not end the note until the last overlapped note stops).
· Added a bit overlap (15 ticks) above 100% to slur durations to slur.
· Fixed bug that was allowing opening same file twice.
· Fixed bug where erase cursor would sometimes not appear.
· Changed max play duration to 200%.
· Fixed bug where chord parsing did not insert on the proper chord line.
· Fixed bug where trill lines printed in wrong direction on Intel Macs.
· Fixed bug where current measure when not visually erase recording over that measure.
· Fixed bug with Meas-Per-System dialog's OK button didn't close dialog.
· Fixed bug with Change Tempo Dialog changed the wrong measure.
· Fixed bug on Windows where Default Template would not open to size/location/maximize exactly as saved.
· Fixed bug not restoring saved window location on score open.
· Fixed bug creating invalid unicode character for line return on XML export on Windows.
· Fixed bug where a lyric/chord line drag into staff above would cause it to be "stuck".
· Fixed bug where notes would be mute when assigned to a new voice.
· Fixed bug extracting parts in MTD used.enc extension.
· Fixed bug when extracting > 1 parts on MTD parts would cause error opening because of the 2 score maximum.
· Fixed bug where MusicTime virtual MIDI ports were named "Encore".
· Various memory allocation/leak fixes.
· Various minor updates of dialog names, tooltips, typos, and layout.
July 13th, 2009NEW FEATURES:
· Universal Binary.
· VST Plugin Host Application.
· Support for importing Windows v5.0 files.
· Lyric and Chord "Line Selector" (a popup menu next to the line arrow), eliminating the use of the voice selector to choose lyric/chord lines.
· Enabled "Hide Extension" in save/export window.
· Changed MSB/LSB Bank Setting interface to popup menus.
· All objects (except lyrics and chords) can now be assigned to a voice #.
· Dynamics, hairpins, etc now playback on their associated voice's MIDI Channel.
· When dragging a staff horizontally, auto-justify is now performed on entire line for all staves in system, and the entire remaining score when option key is down.
· Slurs that wrap around to the next line now draw tapering off at the barline.
· Small adjustments in slur position and dragging calculations.
· Page Setup window is now part of New Score "Wizard Window" family.
· Added shift-click on header page icons to bypass scroll to top.
· Added optKey with pageUp/PageDown to always advance to prev/next page at same scroll position.
· Added a clear instrument button to choose instrument dialog.
· Added automatic selection of next note after a chord parsing entry.
· Made record splits only happen on piano staff.
· Added playback of D.C endings.
· Various minor UI changes and improvements.
· Fixed bug with ties becoming detached after cut/paste.
· Fixed bugs with slurs "floating away" when justifying, changing measures-per-system or measure width (resulting from a bad calculation when key signatures were present).
· Fixed bug where some pages in a print job could print at wrong (usually small) size.
· Fixed crash when justifying slurs at end of score.
· Fixed bug when moving a note caused notes in other voices to be re-beamed.
· Fixed bug where connect staves change changed staff margin indent.
· Fixed bug where you could not set measures per staff to 1.
July 13th, 2009
· Fixed bug where sometimes "make cue" would try to make a grace note instead.
· Fixed bug not erasing tie when deleting a note tied over barline.
· Fixed bug where beam was not deleted after deleting one of 2 beamed notes.
· Fixed bug where tuplet bracket was too far away.
· Fixed bug where vertical drag of note in a beamed chord did not recalculate beams.
· Fixed bug where marks on cue/grace notes were not smaller size.
· Fixed bug when one voice in foreground and drag staff or barline didn't auto-justify other voices.
· Fixed bug selecting an MTP file in open recent did nothing.
· Added speed improvements when dragging staves and barlines in long scores.
· Fixed problems where grayed "background" voices were in front of "foreground" voices.
· Fixed bug where lyric entry would not start on all notes in a chord.
· Fixed lyric not selecting on double(triple) click.
· Fixed bug causing problems with font names greater than 32 characters long.
· Fixed bug where selecting new tuplet value flipped value so that palette wasn't highlighted when tuplet was on and vice versa.
· Made opening a file with unknown font automatically replace with Times.
· Made QWERTY automatically disable when in lyric/text/chord mode or a sheet window is foreground.
· Disabled pageup/down/space/home/end/arrow keys when recording.
· Fixed bugs where some preferences were not saved: record notes, record controllers, beat click velocity.
· Fixed bug where selecting "other" lyric font size changed the entire font settings.
· Fix bug with "align staves" wasn't working properly.
· Fixed bug with stems going too far past beams on certain zoom sizes.
· Fixed bugs with MSB/LSB Bank settings not sticking.
· Fixed redundant midi messages when starting playback.
· Removed the clearing of selection when changing voice view.
· Fixed bug missing file extension on part extract.
· Fixed bug causing crash when extracting parts with hidden staves (now all staves are shown on extract).
· Fixed bug where extract part left staff name on all pages (which also caused bad staff indents).
· Fixed bugs where MusicXML exports had invalid unicode characters.
· Fixed ties and slurs not drawing when wrapped around to the next page or multiple lines.
· Fixed insertion cursor not erasing and drawing too thick in some instances.
· Fixed bug where click on rest output a strange MIDI message.
· Fixed bug where new file adopted previous print scale setting (instead of defaulting to 100).
· Added .xml and TEXT for finder info file types.
· Fixed some errors transposing key signatures from transposition window.
· Fixed bug where tab-selecting a note would insert chord paring from old MIDI entry.
· Fixed bug not opening an MTP file from finder.
· Removed confusing "feature" where changing of a score setting would change the default settings for top 3 templates and import midi/etc.
· Fixed bug when where writing registration file can fail if system hardware and user permissions have changed since last registration.
· Fixed "sfortzando" typo in palette tooltips.
· Fixed palette tooltips where alto and tenor clef were swapped.
· Fixed bug with “use handwritten font” checkbox in new score dialog would not retain setting properly.
· Removed tempo change and spaced out staves in Guitar Template.
· Changed default bass to OFF in new chord.
· Changed some of the text prefs defaults (compress measure now uses Anastasia/NorMusic for example).
· Fixed intel-related problem on MIDI recording.
· Fixed bug where dots and tuplets were not reset when changing duration value on note palette.
· Many various other fixes, speed improvements and safety checks.
July 15th, 2008
· Tollbar now displays all tools
· Preroll click option
· New Score Wizard
· Over 30 Templates and unlimited user created template
· Transposed or "C" score option.
· Beginning measure number offset
· Preset Tab tunings option
· Added menu items
· Auto Spacing when dragging notes, barlines and systems
· Enhanced MIDI playback
· Garritan Personal Studio ready
· Simplified Accidentals option
· More shortcuts
· Music XML import and export
· Full DLS and Soundfont support
· Handwritten Music Style option
· Bonus - Hundreds of works by J.S. Bach formatted in Encore, ready to use