April 16th, 2012Changes:
· When reading style "Book" is used, the reading progress is now shown for the complete eBook and not for the chapter.
· OPDS feed of Gutenberg.org has been added.
· It's now possible to use tagging in the private library.
· Line height can now be configured.
· It's now possible to disable paging by click. This is helpful, if you want to mark and copy text.
· When special characters in Windows profile name were used, an error occurred opening bookmarked eBooks.
· Saving preferences failed on Linux systems without Arial font.
· When font size was changed via the font buttons and tabs were switched, the font size was reset to the original size.
January 16th, 2012
· Bugfixes - Reading style "Book" didn't work in Firefox 12 or later.
February 16th, 2011
· When reading style "Book" is used, the reading progress in a chapter is now visible.
· The Dutch translation has been completed.
· OPDS: In the overview list now preview images are displayed. "Partial entries" are now supported.
· When a bookmark in an eBook has been set and the ebook was reopened, in some cases an error message was displayed instead of the appropriate page.
· When an eBook had an identifier consisting of zeros, it has been replaced by another eBook with the same identifier.
· When starting EPUBReader, in some cases an error occurred when previously an ebook was deleted from the private library.
· Calibre2Opds feeds didn't work in some cases.
October 28th, 2010
· Now it's possible to read ePub-files similar like real books: jump from page to page without scrolling and switch automatically to the next chapter. This is available in Firefox 3.6 or later.
· In some ePub-files it was not possible to switch to the next chapter.
· In some cases it was not possible to save the changed preferences.
October 12th, 2010
· In some cases Firefox 4 crashed, when an eBook with EPUBReader was loaded and Tabs were switched.
October 6th, 2010Changes:
· ePubs with wrong or missing character encoding specification are now displayed correctly.
· Some adjustments for Firefox 4.0 have been made.
· Sometimes ePubs couldn't be opened because of the error "Access denied".
· On Macs pressing "C" resulted in opening the ePub catalog instead of copying the content.
August 3rd, 2010
· Now it's possible to read the book content in several columns, so it's easier to read if the lines are long. This can be configured in the preferences.
· A button for opening the ePub-catalog can now be added to the Firefox toolbar.
· Plugins (e.g. for display of SVG images) can now be enabled in the preferences.
· Firefox 4.0 is now supported.
· Sometimes the book content wasn't displayed with the configured font size.
· Font size changed via the zoom-buttons was reset when the Firefox tab was changed.
· On some websites the filename of ePub-files was not displayed in the Firefox "Save as" dialog.
· In some cases "ePub-file corrupted" was displayed instead of the loaded page (e.g. login).
June 15th, 2010
· The keyboard can now be used to navigate through the books.
· The toolbar can now be hidden.
· Now it's possible to display book metadata.
· EPUBReader is now available in two additional languages: Turkish and Catalan.
· Fault tolerance has been further improved. Now there are even less ePub-files which can't be read.
May 3rd, 2010Changes:
· EPUBReader is now available in two additional languages: Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese.
· On some websites automatic download didn't work.
April 6th, 2010
· EPUBReader is now available in five additional languages: Finnish, Swedish, Esperanto, Hungarian and Danish.
· Now it's possible to export ePub-files from the private library or import them into the private library. Click on the circle at the top of the private library.
· Now it's possible to keep your private library in sync with the content of a defined directory. Combined with a sync tool like Dropbox, you can easily read your ePub-files on different computers. Click on the circle at the top of the private library.
· The content of the private library can now be sorted by clicking on the headers.
· In the private library is now the date displayed at which the ePub-file was added.
· The font of the table of contents can now be changed.
March 1st, 2010
· EPUBReader is now available in six additional languages: Dutch, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese.
· The font of the ePub-content can now be changed in the preferences.
· DRM protected ePub-files are now detected. Instead of a general error message a dedicated message is shown.
· In many cases (e.g. server requires authentication) are now dedicated messages shown instead of a general error message.
· OPDS-feed of Beam-eBooks.de has been added.
· OPDS-feed with links to DRM free ePub-websites has been added.
· Firefox Mobile-support has been added.
· Seamonkey-support has been added.
February 2nd, 2010Changes:
Support for OPDS catalogs has been added. As first Feedbooks.com and Archive.org (1.5 million ebooks) catalogs are available.
EPUBReader is now available in six additional languages: Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Lithuanian and Chinese.
· When ePub-files are saved via the EPUBReader "Save"-buttons, they get now more meaningful names (title, author). Works with all epub-files which are loaded with version 1.2.6.
· The font-size of the ePub-content can now be changed on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog.
The ePub-Library (which is now called "ePub-Catalog") opens now in a new tab
November 19th, 2009
· This version fixes a bug in version 1.2.0: ePub-files with complex directory structure didn't open. This is now fixed.