December 12th, 2012
· When purchasing the full version from within Drive Genius, Drive Genius will automatically detect the purchase and register itself.
· Bug fix: potential stability issues with Defrag and Repair.
· Bug fix: stability issue on certain Mac Pro systems.
August 16th, 2012
· DrivePulse now performs automatic software update checks so update notifications are presented even if Drive Genius is not running.
· Animations are automatically disabled upon first launch on 10.8 due to several issues present in OS X 10.8 that cause Drive Genius to crash.
· Bug Fix: fixed a few possible crashes for OS X 10.6.8 compatibility.
July 27th, 2012
· OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility, including support for Gatekeeper.
· Defrag performs more checks for corruption before attempting to defragment a disk.
· Scan time has been reduced significantly when dealing with bad blocks.
· Bug fix: duplicating some drives to a disk image could spuriously fail.
September 8th, 2011
· Application Help is now provided via the standard Mac OS X help viewer.
· Repartition will automatically prompt to create a new volume when an existing volume is shrunk.
· Bug Fix: DrivePulse™ now updates its menu to reflect volume name changes.
May 11th, 2011
· Live defrag can now be canceled (on some machines this may require a wired keyboard).
· DrivePulse is now installed on a per-user basis instead of for all users.
· The Information tool now displays use-based statistics for drives in the Details tab.
· DrivePulse will open a Finder window for mounted volumes with a click on the disk icon in the DrivePulse menu.
· Initial support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
· Bug Fix: Defrag and Repartition now work with native "large block" (4KB) drives.
· Bug Fix: Minor Duplicate issues with native "large block" (4KB) drives.
· Bug Fix: Stability improvements to DriveSlim while searching for files.
· Bug Fix: Stability issue if a drive was removed from the system while a defrag was in progress.
· Bug Fix: The overview information for unmounted volumes was displaying free space as used space.
January 26th, 2011
· The system startup volume can now be defragmented without the need of a DVD or alternate startup volume ("live" defrag).
· DrivePulse verifies the preference files of the logged in user and the global preferences located on the startup volume.
· DrivePulse displays visual error and warning status hints in its menu.
· Up to one month of DrivePulse event history can be browsed.
· Repartition offers the option to add HFSX volumes. UFS volume support has been removed as Apple is moving away from supporting UFS.
· ExFAT volume support. (10.6.5+ only)
· Drobo devices are officially not supported for most tools. Drobos are proprietary devices and due to the way they store and manipulate data on multiple physical drives, Drive Genius cannot safely manipulate that same data. It is the decision of Data Robotics, Inc to not share the technical information necessary to safely support Drobo devices.
· Bug Fix: Possible spurious failures when defragging an 8TiB or larger volume.
· Bug Fix: Missing fragmentation information in the Defrag overview for volumes that contain a very large number of files (such as Time Machine volumes).
· Bug Fix: Stability improvements to DriveSlimwhile searching and while slimming files.
· Bug Fix: The DriveSlim Universal Binary slimming plan could spuriously fail.
· Bug Fix: If DriveSlim found an application that matched multiple slimming plans and one of the plans was Universal Binary slimming, only the Universal Binary plan would be run on the application.
August 10th, 2010
· Defrag offers the option to Verify volumes before defragging them. Defrag performs basic volume verification as part of its normal operation, but a full Verify will expose pre-existing issues that a basic verification may not reveal.
· DriveSlim™archives are now read-only instead of write-compressed images.
· Bug Fix: Stability improvements to DriveSlim™when searching for files.
· Bug Fix: Defrag recognizes HFSX volumes again.
· Bug Fix: On 10.6.x, Duplicate would always quit if a bad block was encountered even if the continue option was selected.
· Bug Fix: Possible issue with DrivePulse™that caused preference changes to not stick.
· Bug Fix: DrivePulse™could display drives in its menu that should not be displayed.
· Bug Fix: Defrag displays the correct size for packages in the File Fragmentation list.
· Bug Fix: Possible UI glitch when used on a secondary display.
· Bug Fix: Possible issue detecting NTFS volumes.
June 3rd, 2010
· Defrag now reports fragmentation as a percentage of used space and total space.
· Workaround for a possible DrivePulse launch error after a system restart due to heavy system load.
· DrivePulseshould no longer trigger the use of the discrete GPU in the 15" and 17" 2010 MacBook Pros.
· DrivePulse no longer requires an admin password to launch, but it must have read access to the Drive Genius application.
· Several haxies that caused Drive Genius to crash are now detected and will prevent Drive Genius from launching.
· Stability improvements to DrivePulse and DriveSlim.
· Bug Fix: The Secure Erase system service would not operate on the boot volume.
· Bug Fix: Possible spurious volume integrity warning from DrivePulse. (Only affected a small number of Time Machine volumes.)
· Bug Fix: DriveSlim failed to cancel during the search phase (32bit only).
April 21st, 2010
· An Intel-based Macintosh running 10.5.3 or later is required.
· DrivePulse optionally monitors the overall health of your drives in the background, alerting you to possible issues before they become major problems.
· Runs as a 64-bit application on 10.6 or later with a compatible 64-bit processor.
· Enhanced Defrag provides even better defragmentation of files and presents more fragmentation information in a new UI.
· Includes a System Service to securely erase files, folders or volumes from any application (as part of DrivePulse).
· E-mail notifications can be sent when long-running tasks complete and you are away from your computer.
· Drives formatted with Bootcamp support are supported by Repartition. Windows volumes can be moved, but not resized.
· Scan supports realtime bad-block sparing and an extended block verification test that stress tests the read and write validity of every block.
· Scan can perform a "live" block verification of the boot disk/volume.
· Repair can perform a "live" file system verification of the boot volume.
· Hardware based RAID and Apple's software RAID are supported. Software RAID support is limited; the physical drives belonging to the RAID set cannot be used with most tools. The logical RAID volume though is fully supported by all tools. Please note that SoftRAID is not supported.
· Drive, volume and file sizes are displayed to match the OS (base 10 on 10.6+ and base 2 on 10.5.x).
· DriveSlim ignores files in the Trash.
February 2nd, 2010
· Bug Fix: Possible (benign) crash during a Defrag on 10.6.x.
· Bug Fix: Possible data loss while moving a volume with Repartition.
· Bug Fix: Possible error when Shredding the free-space of a volume.
· Bug Fix: Repartition issues with 8TB or larger HFS+ volumes.
· Bug Fix: Initialize works once again on 10.6+.
· Bug Fix: Verify Preferences works once again on 10.6+.
· Bug Fix: Repartition could spuriously fail on 10.4.x.
August 31st, 2009
· Defrag stability improvements for a specific situation involving a clean install of 10.6.
July 29th, 2009
· Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" support.
· Where possible, Drive Genius now works with non-HFS volumes.
· Volume duplication gains verification and bad block support (as whole-drive duplication did in 2.1.1).
· Defrag, Scan and Volume Shift/Move now display the estimated remaining time to completion.
· Scan includes a detailed log of any bad blocks found.
· Increased Repartition performance.
· Bug Fix: Defrag once again works with HFS+ volumes containing Mac OS 9 drivers (after volume conversion).
· Bug Fix: Volumes can be resized to larger than 1TB now.
· Bug Fix: When duplicating a volume, the progress sizes are displayed correctly.
April 16th, 2009
· Enhanced Duplicate tool has an option to verify the destination of whole-drive copies. In addition, source bad blocks can be skipped if found during a whole-drive copy.
· Increased performance and reliability of Defrag.
· Bug Fix: spurious "test aborted by disk" S.M.A.R.T. warnings in 10.5.x
· Bug Fix: after shredding a volume, a new volume would always be created as "Untitled" instead of using the previous volume name.
· Bug Fix: the tooltip displayed for duplicate files in DriveSlim™ contained an invalid path to the original file when displaying results from the boot volume.
· Bug Fix: crash during launch if information about installed languages could not be obtained (10.4.x/PPC only).
· Bug Fix: Adobe and Microsoft application updates would fail if language bundles were removed or their binaries trimmed; these are now excluded from the DriveSlim™search results.
· Other bug fixes.
September 23rd, 2008
· Brand new DriveSlim tool that intelligently finds and frees space on your volumes that is redundant or unused.
· Enhanced Shred tool that now shreds individual files or complete folder hierarchies as well as volumes and disks. In addition, there is now a single-pass zero option.
· Enhanced Repair tool that finds corrupted preference files and performs additional volume repair and rebuild actions.
· Enhanced S.M.A.R.T. reporting if an error is detected (via the Information tool).
· Many other tool and UI enhancements to make Drive Genius even more useful and easier to use.
· Bug Fix: Benchtest results and Drive information can be saved once again.
· Bug Fix: Mouse wheel scrolling works.
· Other bug fixes.
June 5th, 2008
· All drive operations are re-enabled on systems running OS X 10.5.3 or later.
· New OS X 10.5.3 (Leopard) based boot DVD.
· Increased Shred performance.
· Bug Fix: Spurious "HFS volume could not be created" warning after shredding a disk listed in the "Devices" tab.
· Bug Fix: Never ending unmount warnings in Sector Edit if the volume failed to unmount.
· Bug Fix: Increased font size of contextual help.
· Bug Fix: Text for two or more icons in the main menu could be shown at the same time.
· Bug Fix: Rare crash in Defrag (Intel only).