January 13th, 2010
· Textpane font settings
· One of our most requested improvements – you can now set both the font name and size of the text displayed in DMDirc’s textpane. The options can be set globally, per-server or per-channel as usual.
· Alternate parsers (Twitter support)
· DMDirc can now support different parsers in addition to our previous IRC parser. This means better or alternative IRC parsers can be developed in the future, or we can develop parsers to interact with completely different systems. As a proof of concept, we’ve developed a Twitter parser which allows you to read your Twitter news feed and post status updates direct from DMDirc!
· Configurable server names
· You can now configure how DMDirc displays server names in the treeview and the titlebar. This means you can (for example) show your nickname along with the server name (useful if you often connect to the same server twice as different users), or show the network name instead of the server address (in case you use a bouncer to connect to multiple networks).
July 2nd, 2009
· A redesign of the preferences dialog
· Improved support for SSL certficates (both client and server)
· Support for SOCKS proxies
· Ability to automatically restart the client after installing updates
· Ability for plugins to specify ’services’ that they provide/require.
· Ability for plugins to export (share) methods with each other
· Improved MDI support
· A more robust DCC plugin
· Moving of the UI to a plugin, allowing for it to be updated separately from the main client
December 9th, 2008
· Themes system revamp to allow multiple themes to be loaded at a time
· Completely redesigned Actions Manager and Actions Editor dialog
· New installer for OS X
· The Linux installer can now be used for BSD-like OSs that have Java pre-installed
· The Linux installer can now be used on Open Solaris
· The automatic updater can now update plugins