April 23rd, 2013
· Addresses over 100 bugs and issues
February 5th, 2013Updated Welcome Screen:
· For convenience, Cytoscape shows Welcome Screen at startup timewhich provides easy way to access sample data sets and public databases.
Edge Bend Visual Property:
· Edge Bend is now a standard Visual Property. You can use it as a part of your Visual Style.
· You can bundle edges by automatic Edge Bundling. This feature is useful for dense network views.
· You can add notes and simple shapes to background or foreground of network view.
Advanced Search Function:
· From this version, EnhancedSearch plugin is part of core. You can search networks using Lucene syntax.
Show All feature in Data Table Browser:
· By selecting Show All option in Data Table Browser, you can display all network objects in the table. Nodes and edges will be selected when you select associated rows in the table.
· Cytoscape 3 manages networks based on Network Collection. When you load networks to Cytoscape, you can choose creating a new set of networks or adding them to existing collection.
October 12th, 2012
· New welcome screen and toolbar for quick access to common actions
· New Data Table controls to interface with your data
· Integrated support for graphical annotations in networks
· Support for independent collections of networks within a single session
· Advanced network and table import controls
· Enhanced searching
· Edge bending and bundling
· One-click installation of apps from the Cytoscape App Store
· Improved architecture and API for a more stable experience
July 19th, 2012VizMapper fixes:
· We fixed a few problems with the VizMapper that were disappearing visual properties and otherwise making the VizMapper difficult to use.
Better support for Macs without a 3-button mouse:
· You can now CMD-click to simulate right clicking on Mac laptops, which allows easier panning of networks. We've also enabled the arrow keys (and shift-arrow) to allow panning.
Reorganized plugin categories:
· Reorganized plugin categories. You should see the new categories in the plugin manager and on the plugin website. This is just a prelude of exciting changes to come!