May 16th, 2013Improvements:
· Better overall visibility of several icons and buttons as well as improved text readability of several parameters and values. The MixConsole focus indicator (white rectange) has been softened for being easier on the eyes.
Exclusive mode for channel strip modules:
· Individual channel strip modules can now be shown in exclusive mode to improve overview on small monitors. Exclusive Mode is accessed with the menu button beside the Racks button in the MixConosle toolbar then select "Show One Channel Strip Type".
New loudness meter options:
· Loudness meter settings can now be stored/recalled as presets. There are new options to set the true peak value lower than -6 dB and to freely define the reference level (to allow for non-EBU specification).
Chord Track improvements:
PitchCorrect Chord Track integration:
· The PitchCorrect plug-in can be now set up to use the Chord and Scale information in realtime from the Chord track in a project. To do so, load PitchCorrect on the desired audio track and set the Scale Source to “Chord Track – Chords”, then create a MIDI track and set its output to PitchCorrect in order to pass on the Chord/Scale events.
Improved Make Chords function:
· The Make Chords function (Project > Make Chords) now offers two new options: If “Detect Arpeggios” is enabled, there is a great improvement in how arpeggiated notes are interpretedas Chords. Additionally, you can enable the “Interpret Sustain Pedal” option which takes care of finding Chords by notes played within an opened Sustain Pedal phase.
Text Input for Chords:
· It is now possible to create chord events by entering text when using the Chord Editor. Using the tab key you can create a row of chords events in quick succession, which is ideal if you input chords from a lead sheet.
Chord Track preference "Hide muted Notes in Editors":
· This new preference controls if events should be hidden from the MIDI Editor displays instead of just showing them as muted notes on MIDI/Instrument tracks that follow the Chord track. In case they can not be properly mapped according to the used "Follow Chord Track" mode. You can find this preference in the section "Editing > Chords".
New MIDI Reverse function Mirror:
· This function visually mirrors MIDI events in a Part and can be used as an alternative way of reversing a MIDI phrase in case the Reverse function does not create the desired result.
Adding a new MIDI track with increased channel:
· When adding a new MIDI track via the Add track window, the newly created track will use the MIDI port from a selected MIDI channel and increases the channel number automatically.
Import Karaoke Lyrics as Text:
· This new MIDI File Import preference controls whether karaoke text (lyrics) are imported from a MIDI file as SMF- Karaoke (SMF-Event #5) or converted to "Text"-Events. SMF-Karaoke events can be viewed in the List-, but not in the Score Editor. "Text"-Events can be edited in List- and the Score Editor. "Lyrics" (SMF 5, "Karaoke") will be displayed in italic, while "Text" (SMF 1) will be displayed in bold. "Text", that is imported from a MIDI file and has been SMF-Karaoke before, will be exported as SMF-Karaoke when exporting that project to a MIDI file again.
ASIO Driver Setup wizard:
· This new dialog provides information to help select the relevant drivers of the audio hardware connected without the need to open the Device Setup window. The dialog pops-up on first program launch or after a new ASIO driver hardware has been installed or connected to the computer.
VST Connection Helper:
· If no input- and output busses as well as "Studio" monitors have been setup in the VST Connections, an orange warning showing "Not Connected" will be displayed in the Status Line of the project window. When clicking at this notification, the VST Connections window opens to define the audio hardware ports for the audio input- and output busses. This helps to avoid the situation "Cubase is playing back, but I can't hear anything".
Mute VariAudio segments:
· In Pitch & Warp mode, each VariAudio segment includes a mute (X) symbol now. With this symbol, you can mute individual note segments. The mute state can also be applied for multiple selected notes via the mute key command [Alt+M].
Return of the colour tool:
· The Color Tool is now available again in the toolbar!
Handling of track pictures:
· The track pictures browser now opens by double clicking the track pictures field.
Paste Relative to Cursor:
· This new command pastes multiple objects while keeping their relative position to the project cursor. You can find it in the menu ""Edit > Function > ""Paste Relative to Cursor"". The Key-Command is [SHIFT+V] is assigned by default.
Improved vertical Zooming:
· When zooming vertically in the Project window the zoom behaviour now respects your track selection, trying to keep the tracks as stable as possible in the view. If events are selected, vertical zooming will focus around the event selection instead. Vertical zooming in the Key / Drum Editor works in a similar way, either trying to keep all the MIDI events centered in the view or with focus on selected events first.
Improved Track/Channel Search:
· The Track/Channel Search function has been improved for use with folder tracks and is now also available as a key command.
Faster Project load times:
· Projects using a large number of plug-ins are now loaded significantly faster.
Modern colour setup:
· The color setup handling has been modernized.
· PROJECT: Switching between project no longer resizes the projects. PROJECT: A problem was solved that ocurred when closing Cubase.
· PROJECT: The save time of the preferences and closing time of the application have been improved.
· PROJECT: Deleting a barline now works as expected.
PROJECT: Splitting events in the project window with Follow Chord Track
· enabled no longer responds sluggishly.
· PROJECT: Entering values in the transport panel behaves now as expected.
· PROJECT: The default color handling of events works now as expected.
· PROJECT: The Tempo Editor now follows the color settings as expected.
· PROJECT: Folder tracks arm behaves now as expected.
· PROJECT: The MediaBay now retains its always on top status.
· PROJECT: The Cubasis importer works now as expected.
· MIXCONSOLE: Maximizing or reopening the MixConsole no longer affects the width of the channels.
· MIXCONSOLE: Channels that are locked left or right are always visible now. MIXCONSOLE: When mixers are linked, closing one of them does no longer
· not break the link.
· MIXCONSOLE: Agent to show connected channels now takes all cases of Direct Routing into account.
· MIXCONSOLE: Copy/pasting operations in the MixConsole updates the EQ Curve as expected.
· MIXCONSOLE: The volume is no longer affected after selecting "Deactivate all listen states" in the Control Room.
· MIXCONSOLE: The behavior of the Send Pan from a Stereo Channel to a Mono Group works now as expected.
· R-7648 MIXCONSOLE: The labeling of the MixConsole is displayed correctly after resizing the mixer.
· R-7647 MIXCONSOLE: Collapsed Channel Strip modules work now as expected when working with linked mixers.
· R-7330 MIXCONSOLE: The StudioEQ now works as expected using different sample rates.
· R-7498 MIXCONSOLE: The names of chained channels in the Channel Settings are now displayed correctly.
· R-7271 MIXCONSOLE: Zooming the MixConsole no longer affects the background graphics.
· R-7270 MIXCONSOLE: The size of the fader channel view has been adapted in relation to the mixer window.
· R-7258 MIXCONSOLE: The scroll bar of the MixConsole is now displayed correctly.
· R-7106 MIXCONSOLE: The "Link Mixer" command works now as expected.
· R-6552 MIXCONSOLE: The level meter of the SurroundPan behaves now as expected.
· R-7265 AUDIO: The sound quality of VariAudio has been improved VariAudio segment transitions no longer create audible glitches.(please see known issues and solutions for details).
· R-7586 AUDIO: After pitching scales in VariAudio the audio updates faster than before.
· R-7384 AUDIO: Clicking on Undo using VariAudio no longer renders the application unreliable.
· R-7758 AUDIO: The correct waveform is now displayed after bouncing in place. R-7632 AUDIO: Drag & dropping audio files from OS X's Finder to Nuendo no longer
· renders the application unreliable.
· R-7422 AUDIO: Using the Offline Process History no longer renders the application unresponsively.
· R-6964 AUDIO: The "Tail" function of the Audio/Plugin process no longer renders the application unreliable.
· AUDIO: The timestretching values now behave as expected after closing and reopening the project.
· R-7429 PLUG-IN: Turning the drive parameter of the Vintage and Tube Compressors to high values no longer affects the panorama.
· R-5143 PLUG-IN: Using the MonoDelay as an offline process works now as expected.
· R-7443 MIDI: Drawing many MIDI parts with many notes and/or controller data no longer creates performance issues.
· R-7284 MIDI: Exporting MIDI files with lyrics works now as expected.
· R-6324 MIDI: Recording in MIDI editors now work as expected.
· R-6283 MIDI: The MIDI length adjustment finally no longer works unexpected during export and import.
· R-6015 MIDI: The cycle range visibility in the Key Editor now behaves as expected. R-7428 SCORE: The step-input and the MIDI-input of the Score Editor works now
· as expected.
R-6438 SCORE: The Score Editor Font underline works now as expected. R-5280 REMOTE: Mackie Control Jogwheels scroll smoothly now. R-4972 REMOTE: The Jog value is no longer locked to the zoom factor.
March 28th, 2013MixConsole improvements:
· The Functions menu in the MixConsole now offers an entry to toggle "Constrain Delay Compensation" on/off
· The Channel Configuration in the Channel Edit window is now readable in the window title bar.
· Channels locked to the left or right zone are now separated wit h a small gap between the un - locked channels.
· The scrolling behavior for multiple linked MixConsoles has been improved.
· It is now possible again to set "Sync Selection in Project Window and MIxConsole" in the Preferences under Project & MixConsole .
· For eac h MixConsole window it is now possible to toggle "Scroll to selected Channel" individually from the Functions menu.
· The visual i ndication of "Bypass" and "Disabled" has been improved for Channel Strip modules and the Equalizer.
· The visual indication of "PR E" or "POST" of MixConsole Sends has been improved.
· Underneath the name label of each channel the channel width will be displayed (if MixConsole contains channels with different channel widths).
Steinberg Hub improvement:
· When selecting a symbol in the symbol inspector the layer is automatically changed to an appropriate layer and the user is in formed about this.
Plug - in Information Window:
· The "Update Plug - in Information" function can be cancelled now.
Default colors for track types:
· It is now possible to define default colors for various track types in the Preferences (Appearance: Colors)
· In the Save Preset window t he last used location to save a preset is now remembered.
EuCon Adapter improvements:
· The EuCon Adapter has been updated to version 22.214.171.124.
· On EuCon the MixConsole Racks now open automatically when correspo nding sections are chosen on the surface.
· On EuCon the Lo / Hi Cut filters of MixConsole are accessible via the "INPUT" knobset.
· On EuCon the Channel EQ of MixConsole and its parameters are now accessible via the Channel Strip modules / knobset.
· On EuCon all relevant Appsets have been updated to enable the operation of Mixer Agents. VST Connect SE documentation The VST Connect SE d ocumentation has been overhauled, updated and localized into six languages.
· 7093 PROJECT: Audio Statistic and Spectrum w indows now work properly in always on top mode.
· 5309 PROJECT : The metronome c lick no longer goes out of sync when changing the tempo on the fly in cycle m ode .
· 4323 PROJECT : Entering text into Notepad now works as expected.
· 7056 PROJECT: Using the “Divid e track l ist” function no longerenders the application unreliable.
· 6993 PROJECT: Track Coloring scheme now works as expected when the trac k gets created automatically for example by dragging audio on to it .
· 5789 PROJECT: Auto Track Coloring now works properly when adding a track .
· 5354 PROJECT: Backup project now also work s properly when the Poject has missing files .
· 5237 AUDIO : Enabling Constrain Delay Compensation no longer bypasses every insert effect after saving/reloading the Project.
· 6525 AUDIO : If ASIO
· Guard is enabled, inserting a plug
· in no longer le ads to out of sync audio playback.
· 4553 AUDIO : Application now accepts AIFF files larger than 2 GB .
· 6442 AUDIO : The drawn waveform in the Sample Editor is no longer out of sync with the audio sample data.
· 6766 AUDIO : The Elastique Algorithm setting is now saved andestored properly with the Project .
· 6105 AUDIO : Freezing a track , which contains audio events in MXF or FLAC format s, no longer leads to dis k overloads.
· 4406 AUDIO : Dissolve parts
· function now works correctly on audio parts even if the part contains a crossfade that is outside the part.
· 6862 AUDIO : Project audio files are now opened correctly even if the original file path has changed, e.g. when opened on a different computer. Backing up the project now also works correctly.
· MIDI: Solo in Key Editor now works properly when “ Follow Chod Tack ” is enabled for the track.
· 5497 MIDI: Editing in the Key Edito s controller lane with the pencil tool now works as expected.
· 6647 MIDI: When c hanging note
· velocity or pitch in the Key Editor ’ s info line , the acoustic feedback now works properly.
· 6900 MIDI: S witching between parts in the Key Editor no longer leads to any graphicalefresh issues in the controller lanes.
· 7074 MIDI: Several issues with the MIDI Device Setup have beenesolved.
· 6991 MIDI: The d elete doubles command no longer fails under specific circumstances.
· 6877 MIDI: A dding a position line to Logical Edit or no longerenders the application unresponsive.
· 7088 SCORE: Opening a MIDI Part in the Score Editor no longer potentiallyenders the application unrespons ive.
· 6953 SCORE: removing prepopulated buttons in the F avorites Tab of the Score Editor no longerenders the application unreliable.
· 6952 SCORE: The signature display i n Score Editor is now always in sync with the signature and tempo track and updates properly .
· 6924 SCORE: Importing block text from anTF file is now working correctly.
· 6318 SCORE: Moving aehearsal symbol with the mouse is now visualized ineal time.
· 6994 SCORE: Inserting Lyrics into the Score Editor no longerenders the application unresponsive.
· 7242 MIXCONSOLE: Scrolling in MixConsole via Curs o Keys no longer leads to edraw issues.
· 7193 MIXCONSOLE: The Master Output channel will no longer disappear under certain circumstances.
· 7079 MIXCONSOLE: Mix Console no longer opens with erratic sizeanges.
· 7179 MIXCONSOLE: MixConsole nowe stores the channel width correctly at all times .
· 7077 MIXCONSOLE: The minimum zoom level of MixConsole no longer increases width instead of decreasing.
· MIXCONSOLE: The size of the Channel Settings windows is now saved properly with the Project.
· 6982 MIXCONSOLE: When using User Panels , the value cell in horizontal faders are no longer invisible .
· 5671 MIXCONSOLE: T he size of theack view no longer increases each time MixConsole is c losed andeopened.
· 6744 MIXCONSOLE: The name of tracks and plug ins are no longer hard truncated but sens ibly shortened.
· 6124 MIXCONSOLE: When MixConsole is in full screen mode and always on top is enabled, the fader section no longer esizes incorrectly.
· 5808 MIXCONSOLE: MixConsole no longer shows variousedraw issues.
· 6754 MIXCONSOLE: Changing the high s helf band to p arametric filter no longer shows a Q of 0.0 when 1.0 is set.
· 7174 MIXCONSOLE: The controls of the channel strip modules now correctly change values counterclockwise when using circular movement.
· 7098 MIXCONSOLE: Setting the MIDI channel for quick
· linked channels now works correctly.
· 7024 MIXCONSOLE: When loading VMX channel state files, the Volume level isead correctly now.
· 7011 MIXCONSOLE: Switching workspaces no longer deselects the current channel.
· 6372 MIXCONSOLE: When loading a project the bypass state s of inserted plug
· ins are properlyestored now.
· 6805 MIXCONSOLE: Using a k ey command for "Move to pre
· fader" option of the sends in MixConsole now works correctly.
· 6762 MIXCONSOLE: Saving a VSTi output channel as a Track Peset and then adding a new audio track from this Preset no longer leads to unexpected results.
· 6659 MIXCONSOLE: Scroll to selected channel now work s properly when the mixer window is closed.
· 6590 MIXCONSOLE: Saving a second MixConsole conf iguration and switching back to first configuration while Set up Window Layout is opened no longerenders the application unreliable.
· MIXCONSOLE: F ine a djust ing t he panner movement by pressing Shift now works correctly.
· 6033 MIXCONSOLE: The on / off button in the Pre section now works correctly.
· 7104 PLUGIN : VST 3 plug in parameter automation data is no longereversed for specific plugins.
· 6585 PLUGIN : The gain setting of external effects now follows +12 dB fader setting in Nuendo properly.
· 5909 PLUGIN : An openEVerence plug in window no longer enders the application unreliable .
· 3693 PLUGIN : T he Pre / Post FX menu i n VST Ampack now works properly .
· 6270 PLUGIN: Available plugin pesets are no longer missing for certain plugins (such as Compressor) .
· 6965 PLUGIN: Selecting Presets for the MIDI Insert Quantize plug in now works as expected.
· 7103 PLUGIN: The Chorder MIDI plug in no longer transposes chords one octave down by accident.
· 6956 PLUGIN: The External FX plugin now measures the I/O latenc y correctly.
· 6737 PLUGIN: The External FX connections are no longer lost when an output preset is selected in VST Connections.
· 6888 PLUGIN: The MonoToSereo plugin no longer plays a small audio snippet from the start of the waveformegardless of the song position.
· 6696 PLUGIN: Inserting the VST Connect SE Cue Mix plugin into Controloom Cue 14 no longer leads to an unresponsive state when closing the application.
· 6 517 PLUGIN: Saving andestoring a GEQ10 and GEQ 30 Preset that uses a d ifferent EQ type other than Trueesponse now works properly.
· 7196 MEDIABAY: When tagging WAV files all chunks are written correctly to the WAV file now.
· 5456 VIDEO : Video Offset now workseliable . Please check the Video Offset (ms) value in Device Setup "Video Player" for Projects created in Nuendo 5 or 6.0.2.
· 2793 TRANSPORT : The "BAR" digit is no longer truncated for pre and post
· roll when operating system is set to Japanese language.
December 19th, 2012Issues resolved:
· Project: Selecting a Project template, e.g. “Blues Rock Production” no longer leads to an unresponsive application state.
· Project: Displaying track pictures in the tracklist within the Project window works seamless.
· Editing: Double-clicking to open the crossfade editor no longer renders the application unreliable.
· Editing: Copy/Paste of a range selection in Sample Editor or MediaBay will no longer lead to a "Realtime Algorithm has been deactivated" message.
· Editing: Editing Length Values in the Logical Editor now works seamless.
· Editing: After saving a new preset in Logical editor, the presets are listed correctly.
· MIDI: Intensive velocity edit operations in the Key Editor when the track is set to Hermode Mode Tuning (HMT) playback no longer renders the application unresponsive.
· MIDI: MIDI-Reset message is now transmitted on all MIDI channels as expected.
· MIDI: MIDI track events sent to an instrument are no longer played back twice after changing the output routing.
· Score: On PC systems the print tabulatur over more than one page no longer miss note lines on the second page.
· Score: On OS X systems the printout from scores no longer shows unwanted horizontal and vertical lines.
· Chords: The localization of chord types has been improved.
· Chords: In the Key Editor Chord Editing Tab, chord types are no longer greyed out until a chord is selected and the labels on the Chord Buttons are easier to read.
· Chords: When the Chord Editor is open other key commands are also available.
· Chords Executing “Make Chords” will overwrite and erase any existing chords.
· Chords: Chords to MIDI now creates expected results, regardless of chosen time formats of chord and target MIDI track (musical vs. time linear).
· Chords: The velocity of auditioned notes is now the same for notes which have been created by dragging Chord events onto a MIDI track.
· MixConsole: The high and low-pass filters are no longer active when bypassed and won’t produce unwanted artefacts.
· MixConsole: In dual screen setups the mixer no longer jumps from the 1st to the 2nd screen as soon as "Channel Racks" is activated.
· MixConsole: Enabling/disabling areas in MixConsole no longer lead to dissarranged areas when MixConsole is closed and re-openend.
· MixConsole: Copy/Paste of Send Effect and settings no longer results in a non-active Send and wrong height of Send Rack.
· MixConsole: The size of the Channel Setting window now remains intact when closed and reopened.
· MixConsole: The on/off state of the “Show Track Pictures” option is restored correctly.
· MixConsole: If two or more channels are linked together, the “activate side- chain“ state of the Standard Compressor channel strip module is now linked properly.
· MixConsole: Using the channel strip on frozen channels now works reliable.
· MixConsole: After switching presets of the EQ channel strip module, its parameters displayed correctly.
· MixConsole: Dragging a user preset from MediaBay onto MixConsole no longer renders the application unreliable.
· Plug-in: Resizing the plug-in window now works as expected for plug-ins which support it.
· Plug-in: Inserting the Tube Compressor channel strip module or activating its side chain no longer produces a short noise.
· R-5422 Plug-in: MixConvert V6 is now available as plug-in.
· Plug-in: Under Mac OS X older iLok protected VST plug-ins such as Audio Ease Speakerphone 2, will no longer render the application unreliable
· Plug-in: VST Connect SE connections are now more reliable.
· R-5679 MediaBay: The MediaBay Location checkbox icons are displayed correctly.
· Remote: Working with MediaBay via a remote control no longer leads to unexpected shutdown of the application.
· Remote: FX Sends Level can now be remote-controlled properly also if Project Settings are set to +12 dB Fader in Project Setup.
· Hardware: The included REV-X/Channel Strip plug-ins of Steinberg MR/UR hardware now have an icon for preset operation.
· Hardware: Under OS X 10.8 it is now possible to switch the sample rate without any issues.
· Localization (OS X only): Cubase now runs in same language as specified for the system.
December 5th, 2012
· With more musical features than ever, Cubase 7 delivers a truly unrivaled creative production experience. Sparkling with its entirely overhauled mixing console, a new Chord track alongside the innovative Chord Assistance, advanced VariAudio, more instrument content and an array of enhancements make Cubase 7 smarter and faster in every way.
· A Detailed report is available at http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/whats_new.html
September 11th, 2012Solved issues:
· Prologue: Fine-tune values corrected.
· Audio: Scrubbing functionality repaired in OS X 64-bit.
· Audio: Broadcast Wave descriptions now displayed correctly when converting BWAV files (e.g. by using Convert Files in Pool).