May 22nd, 2013
· Fixed a possible crash when closing a MySQL tab
· Fixed an exception when using accessibility on Mac OS X 10.6
May 9th, 2013
· Improved overall stability and performance
· Fixed a few issues where a window might scroll unexpectedly
· Updated Transmit Favorites importing to the latest format
· Improved reliability of the SCM sidebar panel
· Using spaces as tabs now inserts spaces more reliably
· Improved iCloud syncing stability with active sites
December 7th, 2012
· iCloud Open panel no longer appears on launch when no windows were open on quit
· Improved stability and performance
· When using spaces instead of tabs pressing tab now correctly lines up with tab stops
· Improved Ruby code folding
· Code navigator and variable autocomplete are now more reliable when opening a document outside of Coda
December 5th, 2012
· Improved stability and syntax highlighting performance.
November 27th, 2012
· Fixed possible exception in web preview when loading CSS references
· Improved SVN compare reliability
· Misc. crashes and fixes
November 6th, 2012
· "Wrap Around" setting in Find options menu is now always remembered
· Stale cached files are no longer occasionally loaded in Preview
· Preview-only tabs now display a thumbnail of the Preview contents
· Unsaved changes are now more reliably updated in Live Preview
· Improved stability when using SCM sidebar panel
· Auto-indenting is more reliable when using spaces instead of tabs
· Improved performance of XML highlighting (such as when opening SVG files)
· Added variable instance variable highlighting for Smarty files
· Source Control from File menu now properly disables when you revisit a project
· Fixed some FTP issues with certain Windows servers
· Complete word matches are now shown when using hints & autocomplete
· Fixed some issues with entity encoding
· Left and right arrows will now cancel autocomplete
· Find Next keyboard shortcut now works after using another keyboard shortcut
· Fixed a possible hang in the CFML mode
· Fixed an issue with the validator reporting an error if a lot of text was deleted
· Added a workaround for a possible WebKit crash
· Fullscreen and new tab buttons no longer overlap after coming back from full-screen
· Custom preview tabs will no longer be replaced with new documents when opening
· Fixed syntax highlighting issues with SASS blocks, Python function args, more.
· Find in Files now uses 'Open Files' as a default scope
· Dragging images into SCSS files now appropriately adds it as an url()
· Git password now more reliably saved when you hit, uh, Save
· Text processing no longer causes issues with folded code
· SSL certificate warnings are now handled more reliably
· Fixed miscellaneous crashes and exceptions
September 19th, 2012
· Fixed an issue with scrolling text tabs
· Fixed a couple of misc. issues
September 14th, 2012
· Added support for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.8
· Tabs are no longer be obscured by the menu bar in Full Screen mode
· Fixed some situations where the app could become unresponsive
· Fixed an issue where some files/folders could not be renamed when using Git
· Fixed a possible update delay when saving files using SCM
· Importing Coda 1 sites is now more reliable
· Open documents are now properly remembered in more circumstances
· Improved the speed of returning to code when editing files over VPN
· Open Quickly's Quick Look window can now be closed with the spacebar
· Now properly remember site preview passwords if needed
· Fixed a possible exception when editing SQL table column
· Fixed a possible crash in Git
· Improved CFML HTML autocomplete and syntax highlighting
· Improved PHP syntax highlighting in certain circumstances
· Bookmarks now work in Ruby blocks
· SFTP can now connect properly with "open" IdentityFile lines in .ssh/config
· Added a hidden pref (UseGlobalFindPasteboard) to disable the global pasteboard
· Improved the behavior of the Previous Text wildcard in Clips
· Strip Whitespace and Encode/Decode Entities now work on the entire document
· Improved overall speed and stability
August 2nd, 2012
· Significantly improved the speed and behavior of the syntax highlighter
· Restored Wrap in Lines and Show Invisible Characters to the menu bar
· Added new "Jump to Style" contextual menu item in Preview
· Find in Files now makes it easier to search open folders
· Added additional levels of code folding depth
· Spellcheck now works more reliably
· Fixed a "could not retrieve status" error for SCM operations
· SFTP: Fixed an "Unable to open remote file" error with specific servers
· SFTP: Fixed an issue uploading files greater than 120k to older SSH servers
· Custom Preview locations are no longer forgotten when another file is updated
· Allow migration of App Store license to direct download version
· Mac App Store customers can now unlock the Direct version via 'Unlock Coda' menu item
· Highlighter now supports variables in strings and framework tags
· Improved highlighting with .erb files
· Selecting symbols from the path bar of inactive splits now works
· Find in Files search is now multi-threaded
· Fixed an issue with duplicate file entries when editing via Emacs
· Publishing no longer affects focused view
· Improved keyboard-based text selection, such as when selecting by word
· Fixed an issue where publishing wouldn't work on some systems due to case sensitivity
· Autocomplete now sorts non-alpha values properly so CSS vendor prefixes aren't always first
· Password field now used properly for SSH keypairs that require passwords
· Fixed an issue with 'Prompt for Password' not working in all circumstances
· Improved sorting of Sass pragmas in the Code Navigator
· Fixed possible issues with inserting a clip when code is folded
· SCM refresh no longer prevents a site from closing
· "Refresh" menu item now works properly in file browsers
· The Default File Encoding in Preferences now takes precedent over auto-detection
· Dropping files on the New Split button will now create a split with that file
· Improved wildcard matching in Find
· Fixed an situation where vertical splits could turn into horizontal ones unexpectedly
· Fixed an issue where the large document warning might be shown multiple times
· Single quotes now close more reliabily
· Find in Files now properly focuses files clicked in results
· Fixed an issue where bookmarks might not show up in the Code Navigator
· Improved a number of CFML syntax, folding, and language issues, such as some tags not auto closing
· "Transfer Complete" sound now, like, actually plays
· Fixed an issue with creating folders in a new site
· Removed charset="utf-8" from the default clip
· Added access to the Color pop when writing rgba values
· Open Quickly now pre-fills with clipboard text
· Improved compatibility with FreeSSHD servers
· Dragging and dropping folders or files between windows now works more reliably
· GZIP'd pages now work properly with AirPreivew
· Added a special case to edit files on a mounted volume from something called "Nomadesk"
· Now only uses integrated graphics on MacBook Pros to reduce processor usage
· Fixed a situation where Git wouldn't work if SVN wasn't installed
· Find in Open Files now only searches the active window's files
· Improved autocomplete in a multi-line string
· Ruby symbols are now colored specifically
· 'Ciphers' and 'Macs' keywords in ssh_config files no longer cause errors
· PHP now autocompletes multibyte string functions
· Fixed an issue with saving/deleting Rules entries
· Line number margin areas no longer change unexpectedly when scrolling long files
· Thumbnails are no longer rendered if text tabs are in use
· Improved reliability with SMB / Samba shares
· Quick Look is now triggered with the spacebar in Open Quickly
· "Select folder" icon in Site list view updated for Retina displays
· Dock Badges have been updated for Retina displays. (The last missing Retina piece, maybe?)
· Default upload permissions are now off by default
· Pressing Esc while editing a Site or Site Group name now reverts the change
· Reverse publish now triggers an SCM refresh
· Ctrl-Q now focuses quick-open search field
· Fixed Git book (broken in 2.0.1)
· MySQL custom query editor no longer auto-capitalizes SQL keywords
· Cmd-R now runs the current MySQL custom query if that view has focus
· SSH authentication no longer fails if the key password isn't stored in the keychain
· Fixed issue where Code Navigator could show items out of order
· Fixed issue where File > Sites > Edit Site menu item would never become enabled
· Fixed issue where Coda would try to enforce a particular file extension on save
· Can now option-click the + button in file browsers to make folders
· PHP function declarations spanning multiple lines now show properly in the Code Navigator
· Jump to applief style now works with relative paths.
· Now only uses username & port from SSH config if none supplied
· SFTP: ad-hoc connections now properly pull the key file password from keychain
· The Web Inspector is now properly cleared when leaving preview
· Improved reliability of parsing Private Key files
· Private Key files with periods in the filename can now be read
· Added autocomplete for -webkit-font-smoothing
· Inserting two clips in a row can no longer delete text pasted in after the first one
· Right clicking file path segments now shows 'Show In...' options
· Local Roots can now be different on each machine, even if Sites are synced
· Spaces in local URLs no longer cause trouble with AirPreview
· "Select All" within brackets now works properly
· Double-clicking a Site file the Finder now opens that Site
· Tab width settings are now more reliably preserved
· Changing site local path now more reliably checks for Git repositories
· Re-added the ability to jump to site root paths
· Improved the reliability of resolving CSS file paths
· Renaming files no longer possibly creates ghost duplicates in SCM
· Fixed a problem with missing folder icons in SCM view
· Creating custom books is now more reliable on Mac OS X 10.6
· It's now again possible to drag a file to the Local/Remote switcher
· Wrap in Tag no longer adds extra forward slash if tab is pressed after arrowing out of the tag
· Improved reliability of mounted NFS volumes
· Find Next will now remember the last-interacted view, such as Find in Files
· Improved the UI behavior with Git projects while SCM is turned off
· Renaming a local file under SCM now offers to update repository
· Fixed a few Lassoscript mode bugs
· Added "Open in New Window" command when right-clicking on tab
· Added support for //! style bookmarks in CFML
· Added support for PHP nowdoc strings
· Abstract function prototypes in PHP are now added to the Code Navigator
· Fixed various crashes and possible hangs
June 6th, 2012Improvements:
· A "Search" filter has been added to the Files tab
· The path bar is now truncated to your local / remote root path
· Port, User, and IdentityFile in ~/.ssh/config are now parsed for SFTP connections
· Option+Return will now open files in the active tab/split via keyboard
· Added Japanese localization
· Added a LESS mode. (If you installed a third-party mode, you might wish to delete it.)
· Significantly improved stability on Mac OS X 10.6
· Hopefully improved the reliability of iCloud
· Improved the reliability of AirPreview
· Improved private key reliability for SFTP connections
· Web preview more reliably catches external CSS changes
· PHP rendering will no longer break after saving in some circumstances
· Fixed an issue where the location of the document cannot be determined
· Fixed an exception when attempting to clone a Git repository
· Fixed issues with code folding
· Now possible again to add/edit a search URL for a custom book
· No auto-mark for publishing after ejecting site
· Save As no longer also saves to FTP in some circumstances
· Git push/pull buttons are no longer gone after a commit
· Fixed a Git error when trying to clone a site to a non-existent directory
· Checkout to Revision now works more reliably for Git
· Code validation improved when collapsed
· New Tab and New Split subitems now have unique names so shortcuts can be assigned
· SSH key selector button now shows hidden files
· The connect button in Sharing is now active
· Clips can no longer lock up when moving them into a group
· Right-clicking in icon view no longer clears the selection
· Using the keyboard to navigate through tabs now properly scrolls the tabs
· Worked around mod_sftp server issue where permissions would be set to 000 when opening
· Fixed a situation where named placeholders could not be named properly
· The mysterious iCloud panel is now disabled on Mac OS X 10.8
· SCM operations now update the publishing queue
· "Refresh" menu item and keyboard shortcut now works in SQL view
· CMD-F now properly focuses filter boxes
· Viewing page source while previewing in iPad/iPhone frames now renders correctly
· The Color pop is now shown for "border-color"
· Dragging a remote file tab is now more useful
· SCM operations when offline no longer create a string of errors
· Invisible files now show up in Find Files results
· The "Port" is now saved properly in SQL site configurations
· Custom book images no longer get stretched in the toolbar icon
· Fixed an issue where the Clips editor window could appear far offscreen
· Fixed various crashes, exceptions, and annoyances!
May 24th, 2012Better User Interface:
· Visual Tabs. Find files quickly, and see more tabs at once.
· Customizable Sidebar. Put your favorite, powerful Coda tools in the sidebar dock.
· Streamlined Workflow. You'll always know what you're looking at.
· Code Focus. Hide the sidebar, or go full-screen, and get work done.
Better Text Editing:
· Code Folding. Finally.
· Smart Complete. Autocomplete your custom variables + functions.
· Automatic Indentation
· Smarter Automatic Closing Tags
· Tab Key Text-Shifting
· One-Press Character Wrapping
Better File Management:
· Git. In addition to SVN, now you can manage source with GIT.
· Complete File Management. FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3, with a Transmit interface.
· Transmit Twin-Turbo Engine. Some of the fastest file transfer in the industry.
· Path Bar Browsing. Click a path bar segment for an instant file list.
· Open Quickly. Pop it open, type a few characters, and find what you're looking for.
· Group Folders Above Files. A very popular request.
· Multiple Placeholders. Quickly tab between the bits that need input.
· Dynamic Placeholders. Automatically fill in dates, URL's, text selections, and more.
· Insertion Points. Put the cursor at the right place, every time.
· Groups. Drag related sites into a site board.
· List View. See even more sites at a glance.
· iCloud Sites + Clips Sync. Even with Diet Coda on your iPad.
· Revolutionary CSS Pops. GUI pop-ups help with the hardest CSS as you code.
· Live Changes. See your CSS changes affect your page real-time.
· iPad / iPhone Preview. Shrink down your preview to just the right size.
· Built-In MySQL Editor. Without leaving Coda, administer your site's database with ease.
· Edit Structure or Content
· Run Arbitrary Queries
· Improved Live Hints. As you type HTML, JS, or PHP, quick reference can appear in the sidebar.
· CSS Styles in Code Navigator
· Code Navigator Filtering and Sorting
· All-New Books
· Better Ruby Support
· Skip Files Rules
· Improved HTML and CSS Validation
· Easier Theme Editing
· Full-Screen Mode
· Quick Look
· Plugin API Improvements
· Much, Much More
December 9th, 2011
· Improves reliability of "Reload" in Preview
· Restores compatibility with Growl
· Fixes an issue with automatic update notifications not working
July 28th, 2011And yet even further improved compatibility with OS X Lion (10.7):
· Fixed an issue where text might be obscured by the scroll bar
· Automatic text spelling correction is now disabled in the editor
· Fixed an issue where an empty document might show the line number semi-comically
· Fixed a possible issue with Subversion and unnecessary commit warnings
July 16th, 2011
· Further improves compatibility with with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
July 8th, 2011
· Fixes an annoying boner with cursor positioning when doing 'Undo'
July 8th, 2011
· Improves compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
November 5th, 2010
· Code completion power-up!
· Added latest HTML5 tags
· Added latest vendor-specific CSS properties
· Improved Perl syntax highlighting
· Improved CSS syntax highlighting
· Added keyboard shortcuts — ⌘⌥↑ and ⌘⌥↓ — to duplicate the current line
· Fixed a potential crash when Coda was minimized
· Importing a site from a Transmit 4 Favorite with a tilde in the Local Path/Root
June 19th, 2010
· Improved reliability of Transmit 4 favorites importing
· Resolved Preview caching issues with external sources such as CSS
· Fixed potential issue with publishing not always being available
June 15th, 2010
· Added support for importing Transmit 4 favorites
Improved compatibility with Safari 5:
· Web Inspector now works properly
· Find wildcard now works as expected when capture groups is off
· Added highlighting support for CSS 3 properties
· Web inspector console is no longer overriden
· Miscellaneous fixes and stability improvements
January 19th, 2010
· Fixed a problem SVN working paths.
January 19th, 2010
· Resolved an issue were reverting a file may cause an exception.
· Resolved an issue in which a symlink on a mounted drive may not be resolved correctly and could cause an exception.
· Restored the correct number of trial days.
· Added support for special variables in Perl.
January 15th, 2010
· Fixed possible hang when using the scroll wheel with the HTML validator or DOM inspector in 10.6
· Fixed a bug causing auto-updating remote previews to fail
· Spell checking now works more reliably in Snow Leopard
· Reduced memory usage when using Subversion for long periods of time
· Correctly set PHP environment variables in Coda plug-ins under Snow Leopard
· Added support for ColdFusion 9
· Fixed automatic tag writing to be W3C compliant
· Fixed a bug where some files would not open in the correct syntax mode
· Fixed various syntax highlighter bugs
· Fixed PHP functions showing up twice in the code navigator in some cases
· Find and replace across files now maintains the UTF8 BOM marker in modified files
· Applescript command set selected range no longer advances the selection one character too far
· Fixed logged warning when scrolling the clips window in some cases in Snow Leopard
· Reverted publishing behavior when no FTP server information is present in a site
· Fixed a bug in which Coda would fail to open files with Korean text encoding
· Fixed an exception in the web preview controller when trying to reference css files when a parent folder is actually a file
· Made publishing behavior more reliable on some systems
October 30th, 2009
· Fixed mode version loading issues that affected Mac OS X 10.4 users
October 27th, 2009
· Some more fixes for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
· Now correctly selects words around the period character
· Fixed possible exception when editing a CSS element name in the CSS editor list
· Fixed possible exception when deleting a CSS font family
· "Publish" contextual menu items now act correctly if connected to a site with no server information set
· We now show an error dialog when trying to use incompatible Mode files
· Fixed FTP symlink resolution when symlinks are linked to root level files
· Other minor visual fixes
August 28th, 2009
· Includes a few fixes for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
· Fixed crash when using the source code validator.
· Fixed a file list de-selection.
· Fixed a site button drawing issue.
· Will now try and recover open remote files after a crash.
· Worked around bug in 10.4.x in which Coda would crash while trying to generate site thumbnails with Flash 10 and Safari 4 installed.
· Fixed bug in which custom mode settings would not work if extensions contained substrings of other custom mode extensions.
· Fixed a bug in which local symlinks would not work after you navigated to them once.
· Fixed possible crash when using type-to in the file list.
· Fixed possible exception when running Google Desktop Search with accessibility turned on.
· Fixed possible crash if SVN fails in some cases.
April 11th, 2009
· Added support for "Q-style" strings in Ruby files.
· Improved ASP-HTML code navigator.
· Coda plug-ins now support the LSMinimumSystemVersion info.plist key.
· No longer searches files inside of .git folders.
· In some cases using the Move... command on a remote file using relative paths
· Coda would calculate the path based on the local path instead of the remote path.
· When clicking on a symbol in a long file, Coda now always scrolls to the correct location.
· When auto-completing comments, Coda no longer adds a stray >.
· Fixed a bug in which you could remove the last clip group in certain situations.
· Fixed retry errors after TLSv23 login failure.
· Other minor changes.
March 18th, 2009
· Added the ability to get the site URL, site local URL, site remote path and site nickname to the Coda Plug-in API.
· Fixed a bug in which the Close Tag feature would not work across an HTML comment.
· Added work-around for an OS bug which causes an exception in Coda while using applications that use Accessibility.
· Fixed a bug in which local file previews would not automatically refresh while typing.
· Validation warning bubble now correctly positions itself when using a larger than standard font size.
· Fixed a possible exception when drag reordering CSS elements while they are filtered.
· Find across files no longer searches .svn folders.
· PHP abstract and static methods now show up in the code navigator.
· Now highlight more PHP keywords and magic methods.
· Opening a Site from the Sites menu now correctly sorts it by opened date.
· Can now search inside of .cpt and .as files.
· No longer try to open .f4v files.
· No longer adds .svn folders to the publishing queue.
· Fixed possible text truncation in the hints button.
· Can now navigate local books while off-line.
· Fixed a syntax highlighting bug in which keywords could be incorrectly highlighted if part of another expression.
· Clicking a symbol in the code navigator will no longer scroll the editor horizontally if unnecessary.
· CSS autocomplete now works after a comment block.
· Fixed several Dutch localization problems.
· SVN now works more consistently with SSH_AUTH_SOCK.
· SVN window status text now truncates correctly.
· No longer shows two error messages when you try and change directory into a folder that doesn't exist.
· No longer hangs when trying to go to a symlink that points to itself.
· No longer hangs when you have your system boot disk on a 2nd partition and you're running under a non-admin account.
· Symlinks now use their target icon if possible.
· After a symlink has been resolved on a server, Coda now sends pwd to ensure the correct path.
· Now will ask if you'd like to continue uploading after a change permission failure rather than just stopping.
· No longer try and change permissions on Filezilla servers.
· Fixed SOCKS 4 proxy issues on Intel machines.
· Fixed a bug that prevented uploads/downloads from completing after hitting a file that should not be transfered.
· No longer try and download symlinks.
· Fixed "Local Path" attribute with AppleScript.
· Other minor fixes and changes.
December 10th, 2008
· FTP now more reliably falls back to PORT mode if PASV fails.
· Fixed a possible exception when undoing certain text changes.
· FTP now sends relative paths when uploading/downloading files to avoid possible stalling problems with certain ftp hosts.
· Fixed a bug in which ColdFusion tags were not highlighting correctly.
· ASP custom class tags are now highlighted correctly.
· Fixed a bug in which auto completion would not work as expected in some cases.
· After registering, the Sites menu no longer shows the demo text.
· Books view now correctly shows the certificate dialog if needed.
December 5th, 2008
· Improved JSP-HTML, Smarty Template, and Perl modes.
· Added plug-in menu to editor's contextual menu.
· Multiline clips now keep indentation level of the current line.
· Can now create new document windows via Applescript.
· Fixed a bug in which deleting a Book could cause an exception.
· Fixed keyboard shortcut for View Source and changed Update to Latest Revision.
· Perl highlighter will now correctly highlight an empty qw() function.
· Fixed exception when pressing Go button with empty string in Goto Folder dialog.
· ASP mode now supports the directive and highlights the code correctly.
· When typing > in a string literal Coda no longer closes the tag preceding it.
· Fixed an exception after removing group of clips while editing its name.
· Web Preview URL field no longer tries to escape a pasting in escaped URL.
· Undo now reselects the inserted undid text.
· Comment/uncomment with windows line endings no longer adds an extra line ending.
· After using Open Quickly, Coda now always moves focus to the opened editor.
· Fixed hang when navigating to /etc (and other system level symlinks).
· Added comment/uncomment in objective-j syntax mode.
· Now supports other locations of opendiff to prevent FileMerge from not opening.
· Repeated opening of custom Books no longer causes the book header to disappear.
· Open Quickly window now correctly displays file names on SMB volumes.
· Fixed exception when de-denting text with spaces on in empty document.
· Fixed exception in find/replace across files in some cases.
· Fixed Publishing counter being off by 1.
· Command-Delete now deletes the current line if the editor has focus.
· Coda Plug-in scripts without "#!" comment will now correct execute.
· Fixed a bug in which the DOM inspector in the Web Preview would not always shows class/id info in breadcrumb.
· Web preview now correctly refreshes after closing the last tab.
· Fixed keyboard shortcut for Go -> Next Change.
· Fixed tooltips for delete clips and delete clip groups.
· Typing attributes no longer change to black and then to the correct color.
· Improved typing performance when typing on a very long line of text.
November 12th, 2008New:
· Introducing Coda Plug-ins!
· Extend Coda's editor in limitless new directions.
· Double-click a downloaded plug-in to install it.
· Installed plug-ins appear in a new "Plug-ins" menu.
· Write plug-ins using your favorite scripting language, or Cocoa.
· Use the new Coda Plug-in Creator to wrap your scripts into easily-installed plug-ins.
· Learn more at the Coda Developer Zone.
· Open Quickly. Find and open your files instantly. Hit Control-Q, or use the File > Open Quickly.
· Smart Spell Check. Spell checking for your words — not your code. (Live spellcheck requires Mac OS X 10.5)
· Added "Cappuccino" (Objective-J) syntax mode.
· Rewritten and much-improved Lasso, ASP-HTML, and CFML syntax coloring.
· Added new AppleScript properties: current line number, has tabs, and tab width.
· Fixed possible exception when mousing over div using the DOM inspector.
· No longer lose the UTF-8 BOM marking after saving and reopening a file in some cases.
· Custom mode mappings now support multipart file extensions (EG: filename.css.php).
· When editing a PHP file, the web preview will now automatically refresh.
· Duplicating a folder with "." in its name behaves like the Finder.
· Coda no longer tries to edit .mdb files.
· PHP functions that are prefixed with & are now shown in code navigator.
· Code completion now closes HTML comments.
· In some cases, Coda wouldn't open files that had custom syntax modes assigned to them.
· Perl heredoc strings are now highlighted correctly if there is a space after
August 27th, 2008
· Source Control using Subversion: Commit, revert, rollback, and update local files without leaving Coda; Setup and configuration in the "Sites" interface; Source control status flags are shown in the file browser; Overview window shows status of all files at a glance
· Local multi-file search and replace: Uses existing Find / Replace interface; Choice of searching open files, files in a folder, or the files in the local site root; Results visible in the File Browser
· Custom Books: Add a new book that can point to your favorite reference material on the internet or locally; Custom books are searchable if you provide a relevant search URL; Optionally provide an image to customize the book's cover
· Added groups to Clips
· Added import/export for Clips
· Improved editor performance including faster text layout on Leopard
· Expanded AppleScript Support: Scriptable editor and document management; Script menu is now available in the menu bar; Scripts are also available in the editor's contextual menu; File transfers can now be controlled using AppleScript
· Tab Status Icons tell you if a file is local or remote at a glance
· Sites are now sortable
· New "Reverse Publish" action performs a folder-hierarchy-aware download of remote items
· Added "Reveal in File Browser" and "Reveal in Finder" to tabs contextual menu
· Web Preview can now preview local PHP files
· Clicking in the code Hints banner will now insert the hint into the document
· The editor now has the option to indent lines that wrap
· File Browser now shows a file's Finder label color if set
· Right-clicking on CSS property no longer causes freeze on Leopard
· Fixed exception when adding a "font" style through the CSS editor on Tiger
· "Dot Matches Newline" regex option now ignored when using Find/Replace wildcards
· Parentheses no longer need to be escaped when using Find/Replace wildcards
· Fixed syntax coloring issue in HTML comments
· Get Info now shows correct permissions after an attempt to change them has been denied
· If user does a selection-scoped Find, and there is no selection, Coda now falls back to document-scope for that particular Find
· Fixed tab order in expanded Find banner
· Coda now allows Save As without file extension
· Improved performance of opening a site with many (thousands) of files marked for publishing
· Fixed problem where Replace All button could become enabled without a prior Find
· Clips window no longer takes keyboard focus after inserting a clip
· Window title will now show current document name and site name
· Fixed additional > character getting inserted when closing a tag in PHP-HTML mode
· Added missing CSS keywords overflow-x and overflow-y to syntax coloring and autocompletion
· Renaming a file to have a leading dot now respects the show/hide invisible files setting
· Fixed site preview generation for sites with Flash content
· Site images are now scaled to fit the thumbnail preview
· Now displays an error if remote folder cannot be set after connecting to server
· Clips triggers can no longer conflict with each other causing unexpected results
· Can now drag multiple files from the file browser into an editor
· After dropping files from the file browser onto an editor, the editor will now be focused
· Option-drag from the file browser will now insert a relative file path for image files
· When trying to preview a file that's outside of the site's remote root path, an error page is presented
· Added a menu item to Show/Hide Code Navigator
· Fixed inability to save new empty text documents
· Fixed changing line spacing when (Un)Commenting text blocks
· Simplified regular expression options popup menu
· No longer attempts the Site flip animation if computer doesn't have the necessary graphics capability
· Fixed a potential exception that would occur after a file is deleted
· Uploading a file being edited externally will now show more status
· Fixed bracket matching when typing ")" in CSS "url()" context
· Dragging a remote image file into an editor now generates a CSS style reference instead of HTML style if within a CSS context
· File browser resize gripper no longer gets clipped out during certain window resizing scenarios
· Remove line breaks now works better with Windows line endings
· Fixed crash when dragging and dropping files from certain applications into the file browser
· Fixed bug that could cause Clear/Publish All buttons to become mis-aligned
· When a file being previewed is renamed or moved, preview will now update its URL
· Fixed bug that could cause the local root path of a Site to be reset
· Fixed possible never-ending progress bar if connection to server fails
· Save command is now disabled for unchanged files
· Whether the Clips window is open or closed is now remembered
· Editor and Terminal font colors can no longer be translucent
· Fixed syntax coloring for PHP short-tags ()
· Window resize widget no longer vanishes after editing a Site
· Fixed bug preventing permission changes on files that were just uploaded
· "Deselect All" in Import Transmit Favorites sheet now actually does deselect all
· Edit Site... menu command now also works outside of the Sites tab, if connected to a Site
· Fixed possible crash when performing an undo
· CSS editor now works properly when there is no space between attributes and keywords
· Fixed a possible exception in the CSS editor after double-clicking a control
· Creating a new file will now load it into a tab to begin editing
· Terminal's "Address" field no longer changes to "localhost" when you switch from "Local Shell" back to "SSH"
· Fixed crash when closing a preview tab after editing the preview's source
· Importing a .seestyle file will now import background color
· Coda will now activate its "Spaces" space when opening files
· Quote-matching now works more consistently
· Sites-related menu items are now more consistent
· Clarified File -> Actions -> Duplicate menu validation and functionality
· Opening a new document via right-clicking the dock icon will now bring Coda to the foreground
· Preview: Auto-completion in the address bar no longer completes on forward-delete
· Changed "Clone Tab" to "Duplicate Tab"
· "Duplicate Tab" now duplicates existing splits as well
· Opening a file that's already open will make its window active
· HTML mode tag is no longer case sensitive
· Renaming a local file now marks it for publishing
· Cmd-double-clicking a CSS element now goes directly to its book page, if one exists
· "Lookup in reference books" for undocumented languages now guides user to custom book creation
· Can now comment/uncomment lines in CFML
· Fixed Perl syntax coloring bug with single apostrophes occuring in long heredocs
· Fixed bug which caused Clips window to sometimes jump across screen when clicked
· Pressing escape in the find/replace field will now close the Find Banner
· Can now change the color of invisible characters
· All syntax modes now support bookmarking in the editor
· Get Info now works with multiple remote files
· Other minor fixes and changes
August 27th, 2008
· Dragging images into an editor once again inserts "width" and "height" dimensions
· Fixed a few cases where publishing would not work
· Fixed another potential issue with incorrect remote path when publishing
· Will no longer show expected transfer time remaining in help tag if stalled
· Fixed error when closing tabs with a preview in the previous tab
· Folders are no longer replaced by their symlinks if a symlink is made and then moved from the same directory
· Fixed an error in some cases when moving files in the Finder
· Fixed a potential serious situation where files edited via an external editor would be removed
· CSS parser no longer hangs on Leopard in some cases
· Fixed issue when typing into the URL field in preview in some cases
· Fixed issue when using mixed case in CSS files
· No longer clears the custom site image if the site's URL is cleared
· The text editor now properly respects the encoding and mode set in the Open dialog
· Unicode files are now less likely to open in the wrong encoding
· Site flip animation now tracks the window if it's being dragged
· Queue ellipsis image no longer drawn incorrectly
· Fixed potential crash when closing tabs/windows in some cases
· Fixed a handful of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) issues
· Other minor fixes