April 17th, 2013
· Minor changes and improvements.
February 21st, 2013Changes:
· Improved handling of bad ejections of volumes (unplugged).
· Correction of a small memory leak.
· Correction of a bug that may prevent launch on some 10.8 systems.
December 13th, 2012Changes:
· Solved an issue with 10.8.2 on some machine, the clone may get stuck at login screen.
· Various minor improvements for Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8.
November 27th, 2012New:
· Boot volume is displayed in menus.
· Some enhancements for retina display.
· Better handling of full destinations.
· It's now impossible to set the Boot volume as destination.
October 17th, 2012Changes:
· Solved a problem with the Save and Execute tool for Network volumes.
· Several major code modifications.
August 28th, 2012Changes:
· Retina Display compatible.
· Improved behavior with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.0)
· Several major code modifications.
· Corrected: On some French Systems, OS 10.8 may not correctly detect the language and use English instead of French.
June 20th, 2012
· This version is compatible with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.0).
March 30th, 2012
· Minimal System: Clone X displays filters only from the current source volume.
· Minimal System: Xcode 4.3 new path is now excluded by default.
· French localization update.
· Bad detection of a few GUID disks using FileVault 2 and Mac OS 10.7.3 corrected.
· Correctly detects all OS Versions in all volumes.
· Several code improvement.
· Application is now signed.
December 20th, 2011
· New: Clone X 4 does not copy local TimeMachine snapshot folder (Lion).
· Changes: Minor user interface update.
October 13th, 2011New:
· Boot Camp not supported warning is now displayed.
· Minimal System: Clone X automatically adds new filters for items at volumes's root level that are not created by the System.
· Clone X displays OS Version in Summary window if the volume contains a System.
· Compatible with Mac OS 10.7.2.
· Corrected a problem that may cause Clone X 4 crash when refreshing volume menus.
· Better handling of Aliases under Mac OS 10.7 (Lion).
· Various minor corrections for better copy and behavior under Lion.
· User guide updated.
September 8th, 2011New:
· Clone X can create a disk image on a remote volume automatically. (on TimeCapsule or shared disks on the Network).
· Clone X is now compatible with Clone X 3 remote disk images.
· Minimal System: Clone X excludes non-apple applications in sub folders of Applications folder.
· Better handling of symlinks in specific cases.
· Clone X forces the copy of files if size is different and attributes are the same.
· Clone X reloads Volumes menu if a volume is mounted or unmounted in the Finder.
· Problem in Filters management for Mini System copy corrected.
· Keep fsevents uuid for destination volume.
· Minor changes in error handling and interface behavior.
August 2nd, 2011
· Minor updates of the French localization.
· Minor changes in the User Interface.
July 19th, 2011
· Clone X 4 now copies hard links, meta data, and extended attributes.
· Clone X 4 is faster than Clone X 3 (1.5 time faster on our test machine).
· Clone X 4 interface is more simple to use, focuses on ease of use for a majority of users.
· Clone X 4 is compatible with Mac OS Lion (1.7)
· Brand new version of Clone X, it includes latests Apple technologies to create fast and reliable copies of your System.
March 28th, 2011
· [change] Clone X gives more informations when it can't create a DMG for the bootable DVD tool.
· [change] Mac OS 10.4 is not supported anymore. Mac OS 10.5 and later needed.
· [change] Several changes to use more modern API from Apple.
· [change] Developer documentation isnot copied in Minimum System tool.
· Several minor UI changes.
July 20th, 2010
· [new] Added new filters to exclude useless temporary files.
· [new] Added a preference to allow Clone X to check for updates at launch.
· [change] Clone X will prevent Spotlight to analyse the destination disk.
· [change] Clone X force System items to be invisible in destination, like in running OS Disks.
· [change] Minor corrections to support DriveGenius on bootable DVDs.
· [change] Minor corrections to support Data Rescue 3 on bootable DVDs.
· [change] Corrected a graphical problem under Mac OS 10.6 in Expert Restore list.
· [change] Corrected and issue with Clone X 3 on it's own bootable DVD.
· [change] Solved a problem with the "Copy a disk to a Network Volume".
· [change] Corrected a problem when displaying Errors window.
September 21st, 2009
· [new] Tested Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
· [change] Compliant with International System of Units where one kilo bytes is 1000 bytes (Only with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)).
November 20th, 2008
· [new] Add a tool to backup to Network Volumes. (Can't boot with it).
· [new] Clone X will warn you if disks names contain invalid characters. These can prevent bootable copy to boot depending on the OS version.
· [change] Corrected a language copy bug. Sometimes languages were copied even if you asked Clone X to do not copy them.
· [change] Expert restore, sometimes Clone X can't be stopped bug corrected.
· [other] Several minor updates.
October 14th, 2008
· [new] Access Control Lists are now supported.
· [new] Drive Genius 2 is officially supported on bootable DVDs.
· [new] Estimated time remaining is displayed when creating a full disk clone.
· [new] Disk usage is shown while copying to avoid disk saturation.
· [new] In all copies functions (minimal system, full clone, etc.) Clone X will warn you if the destination is not an HFS volume.
· [new] On Intel machine, Clone X will warn you if disks do not use GUID partition scheme.
· [new] Minimal OS : Adobe files are now excluded in minimal systems feature.
· [change] Clone X does not support bootable DVD with Leopard and PPC machines. Older Systems are still supported on PPC.
· [change] Solved a graphical problem in lists under Leopard, item names could switch to white color.
· [change] Trial detection problem with Mac OS 10.5 bootable DVD.
· [other] Several internal engine updates.