January 3rd, 2013Features:
· All-new ChronoAgent Monitor to help monitor the status of and easily update ChronoAgent from the menubar.
· Enhanced License system preference pane to better report the license status if a demo license is being used.
· Added ChronoAgent Monitor settings and controls to the Advanced system preference pane.
· Added Mountain Lion Firewall and ChronoAgent Monitor information to the Help Center.
· Added support for remote file system observers and remote FSEvent queries for improved sync scan performance in future products.
· Added support for enhanced sync compression for use in future products.
· Added auto-reconnect logic for clients that support it.
· Replaced deprecated APIs with newer APIs.
· Fixed a bug preventing a port number greater than 56535 from being used. 65535 is now numerical port limit.
October 12th, 2012
· Improved the efficiency of self-diagnostics.
· Fixed some incorrect translations in the French and German versions.
· Fixed a bug in the Preference Pane that would not allow a port value larger than 56535 to be specified.
September 7th, 2012
· Fixed a rare timing problem that would falsely trigger a "File Not Found" error when syncing very large files.
August 17th, 2012
· Fixed a problem on Mountain Lion where ChronoAgent would not keep the Mac awake while there was an active connection.
July 19th, 2012
· New installer with better Gatekeeper integration in Mountain Lion.
· New code signature for better Mountain Lion compatibility.
· Uninstallers now do a better job of removing ChronoAgent related components.
June 22nd, 2012Fixes:
· Fixed the inability to establish secure connections in some instances.
· Updated the uninstaller to ensure all files and folders are removed.
· Changed ChronoAgent to no longer attempt to display a dialog at the termination of the demo period but rather revert silently to demo mode. This prevents some unwanted problems with the preference panel trying to show a dialog when not active.
March 29th, 2012
· Improved performance of concurrent file copies.
· Improved responsiveness when aborting a large file transfer in a scheduled synchronization.
March 2nd, 2012
· Fixed a bug that prevented the system from going to sleep after inactivity.
· Eliminated 256 bit encryption option.
· Minor help tweaks.
February 8th, 2012Features:
· All-new networking code implemented to support data encoding over multiple platforms and secure connections using SSL.
· More efficiently handles multiple, simultaneous connections.
· Automatically cleans up partially copied files (i.e. files not completely copied when a connection is unexpectedly broken).
· Split the ChronoAgent Preference Pane user interfaces into four tabs, logically placing new and existing controls within them.
· Users logged in under non-administrator accounts can now modify agent settings (provided they can supply administrator credentials to the security dialog).
· Preference pane now resizes itself to fit the enclosing Preferences window.
· Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese have been added to the existing set of English, German, French and Japanese translations.
· Completely revamped Help Center with new content, user interface and translations.
· New implementation for detecting and automatically installing updates.
· Slightly altered the bounce behavior so that we explicitly stop the Bonjour service publisher before shutting down the server.
· Fixed a bug where preference changes weren't being synchronized after being made.
· Fixed a bug whereby port availability was being checked even if the agent was running, resulting in an erroneous "Port in use" error.
· Fixed a crash that could occur if multiple connections were simultaneously accessing exactly the same set of files.
April 8th, 2011
· Significant performance enhancements.
· Support for file handling metrics (for reporting progress times).
· Several minor bug fixes.
October 6th, 2010
· Performed various cleanups regarding memory management including fixing numerous small memory leaks.
· Eliminated some long, unnecessary pauses when aborting certain operations.
July 14th, 2010Features:
· Significant performance improvements.
· ChronoAgent now detects a network configuration change and takes the necessary steps to ensure it is available on the new network.
· Added ability to limit the volumes that are made accessible over a connection.
· Added support for wake-on-lan.
· Various installer enhancements.
· Implemented numerous changes to how agent connections are established and maintained.
· Enhanced communications test commands that now allow ChronoSync to detect if an agent is truly available on a remote machine rather than just determine if the machine itself is reachable.
· Fixed a bug where it was possible for a license file to be created with a blank line as the first line of the file causing the registration to fail.
· Addressed a problem whereby the server sometimes doesn't come up due to a 'port in use' error and the CA goes dead after a network change.
December 29th, 2009
· Bug Fixes: Implemented workarounds to numerous "Parameter Errors" some Snow Leopard users encounter when connecting to a server via SMB.
December 21st, 2009Bug Fixes:
· Fixed problems that occurred when installing/using the program in some Directory Service environments.
December 21st, 2009Enhancements:
· Connections are established much quicker.
· Fixed some memory leaks which, in certain scenarios, could be significant.
December 21st, 2009Enhancements:
· Minor installer modifications.
· Minor uninstaller modifications.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when copying large files over a secure agent connection.
· Added code to ensure the proper access permissions of the domain socket's parent folder.
· Added code-signing so that there should not be anymore firewall problems with Leopard.
· Changed the way keychains are handled to ensure the keychain file is created with privileges that allow ChronoSync to access it.
December 21st, 2009Bug Fixes:
· Fixed a long stall that could occur on some user's systems when opening synchronizer documents that connected to a ChronoAgent.
· Fixed some problems that occurred when the base language was not represented by a Roman text system. This problem could manifest itself as failure to load at startup, inability to communicate with ChronoSync and possibly random crashes.
· Addressed some permission issues in the installer.
December 21st, 2009
· Initial Release.