New in version 1.7.2 Build 595
February 12th, 2015
- [FIXED] Crash when restoring windows if previous files/directories are no longer available.
- [FIXED] Crash in text diff when reverting changes while "Differences Only" is selected.
- [FIXED] Crash in text diff when copying left or right while the cursor is at the end of the document.
- [FIXED] Beachball when closing directory window during a long-running diff.
New in version 1.7.1 Build 592 (June 19th, 2014)
- [FIXED] Eliminates a crash occasionally seen when scrolling or switching between windows.
New in version 1.7.0 Build 590 (May 23rd, 2014)
- [NEW] Added support and updated graphics for Retina displays.
- [CHANGE] Drastically reduced memory consumption when diffing large directories and files.
- [CHANGE] Assorted stability improvements and performance enhancements.
- [CHANGE] Changes.app is now owned by MartianCraft, LLC.
New in version 1.6.2 Build 582 (December 11th, 2012)
- [FIXED] Issue where directory comparison failed to mark some files as differing
- [FIXED] "Insecure Update Error" message affecting some users
New in version 1.6.1 (December 11th, 2012)
- [FIXED] Issue where "Differences Only" view would fail
- [FIXED] Drawing glitch on licensing window
New in version 1.6.0 (December 11th, 2012)
- [NEW] Now requires OS X 10.7 or later.
- [NEW] Full screen support
- [NEW] Session restore
- [NEW] Signed with Developer ID for Gatekeeper compatibility
- [FIXED] Lots of bug fixes for Lion and Mountain Lion
- [FIXED] chdiff hud mode working again on Lion and Mountain Lion
- [CHANGE] chdiff now accepts --hud as a synonym for --local-scm
- [CHANGE] Changes.app is now owned by BitBQ LLC
New in version 1.5.6 Build 524 (April 21st, 2009)
- Added the "Return" key-shortcut to the SCM HUD, pressing this key will execute the comparison.
- Fixed an issue where a copy or a move would hang the directory comparison view.
- Addressed performance regressions in the directory comparison view.
- Text diff should use linear time and memory when performing the difference.
- Fixed the mis-detection of unicode files.
- Changes now displays the directory tree "as fast as possible". Directory refreshes are cancellable w/o nuking the displayed files.
New in version 1.5.5 Build 503 (April 7th, 2009)
- Fixed an issue with detecting binary files.
- Fixed an issue which could cause overly long lines to crash Changes.
- Improved directory comparison performance, feedback should be faster now.
- Added a "days left" reminder to the demo.
- Fixed an issue with differing files being marked as single improperly.
New in version 1.5.4 Build 487 (April 4th, 2009)
- Added an environment variable preference pane.
- Added a chdiff terminal utility update check.
- Bugfixes for the SCM Adapter scripts.
New in version 1.5.3 Build 478 (April 1st, 2009)
- Added a mercurial support script.
- Fixed an issue with directories and the SCM HUD.
- Added a version flag to chdiff.
New in version 1.5.0 Build 472 (March 31st, 2009)
- UI touch-ups.
- Touched up the AppleScript interface.
- Header view locked down.
- Scrubbed through for memory bugs. Fixed an issue with non-collection of old directory comparison documents.
- The directory differencing view should update properly after a file is copied, deleted or moved.
- Added a new switch to the chdiff utility --local-scm for use in integration projects.
- SCM HUD feature added for integration with other apps. Currently supports Git and Subversion. Check http://wiki.changesapp.com for more details.
- TextMate integration improved. SCMHUD support added.
- BBEdit and TextWrangler integration improved. SCMHUD support added.
- Support for Coda and Espresso Added via the SCMHUD.
- Do the right thing when a file is deleted out from under us.
- File change detection fixed.
- Moved the path controls back into the table headers.
- Re-enabled the directory merge feature.
- All immediate mode operations implemented.
- Sometimes, immediate mode operations don't finish before a refresh does. In this case, just hit the Refresh button.
- Multiple selection supported in the directory differencing view.
- Added the space bar and return key shortcuts back to the directory differencing view.
- Incremented version number to 1.5
- Completely revamped the directory differencing view.
- Fixed CVS default exclusion filter. It is now "CVS" instead of ".cvs".
- New directory merge engine added. The old one was pretty bad. The new one does nice stuff like proper merging of empty directories, etc.
- Removed F-Script support.
- Removed MacFUSE installation support. MacFUSE 2.0 is widespread enough now that Changes doesn't need to help install it.
- Added basic AppleScript support.
- Fixed the issue with trackpad scrolling after initial load in the Text diff view.
New in version 1.0.4 Build 41 (April 10th, 2008)
- Fixed a directory creation bug.
New in version 1.0.3 Build 40 (April 9th, 2008)
- Directory difference window draggable by bottom bar.
- Find/Replace enabled
- Fixed nasty corner-case where lines could be dropped from difference blocks.
- Fixed the session chooser bundle issue.
- Changes should use much less memory now in the directory differencing view.
- Directory differencing should be much faster.
- Fixed the bundle issue. Changes works with bundles now.
- Re-enabled GC after a workaround was found for a text layout bug.
- Fixed crash on load for chsession files.
- Changed default on text diff from "Ignore leading and trailing whitespace and newlines" to "Ignore trailing newlines".
- Changed exclusion filter key-shortcut.
- Fixed a nasty copy/paste bug.
New in version 1.0.2 Build 34 (March 3rd, 2008)
- Added Save Original As... and Save Modified As... to the File menu for the Text Diff view.
- Updated window animations for text diff launching. You can disable this in Preferences to get the old behavior back.
- Added preference to disable window animations.
- Added shift-sensitive slow motion to the animations.
- Reduced memory requirements overall.
- Reduced memory and CPU requirements when opening large documents.
- Session chooser now orders recent paths correctly in the drop-down combo list.
- Added a toolbar button for "Commit Merge..." in the directory comparison view's toolbar.
- Fixed crashes in the Directory Comparison view.
- Changed the key bindings again.
- Updated menu item and toolbar item labels.
- Fixed issue with "lingering" open documents.
New in version 1.0.1 Build 30 (February 21st, 2008)
- Licensing fixes. If your license was rejected by Changes, please try this build.
New in version 1.0 Build 28 (February 20th, 2008)
- Updated the help document to provide a more in-depth description of the text editor integration.
- Added warnings to BBEdit and TextWrangler integration.
New in version 1.0b10(26) (February 19th, 2008)
- First Release Build
- chdiff --wait regression fixed.
- Re-enabled demo mode.
- Fixed crash in Directory Compare view.
- Updated help.
- Added manpage.
New in version 1.0b10(24) (February 18th, 2008)
- Updated Quick Look support to allow selection of multiple files.
- Updated shortcut keys for filters.
New in version 1.0b10(22) (February 16th, 2008)
- First release candidate, help file will be updated before release.
- Changed Default/Difference to Full/Differences Only in text view.
- chdiff is copied to /usr/bin/chdiff instead of linked.
- chdiff now supports redirection from STDIN and process substitution.
- Fixed bug where a modified text diff document would never be freed.
- Text diff view no longer preloads the unhighlighted text file, avoiding flicker.
New in version 1.0b10(21) (February 15th, 2008)
- Improved the difference speed by using Altivec on PowerPC and SSE3 on Intel-based Macs.
- Changes now detects changes in underlying file and will prompt to revert or keep edits.
- Big revamp of the directory comparison view. Now preserves state and fixes a bunch of UI glitches.
- Text difference view now has a preference to open in Different/Default mode.
- Fixed undo bug when files are same in text diff view.
- Tooltips added, updated, and improved.
- Fixed default port bug in Server Connect panel.
- Beta time limit pushed out to March 1st.
- Added keystrokes to the directory comparison view for Quick Look and Open with Finder...
- PgUp/PgDown, Home/End work as expected now in directory comparison view.
- The Enter and Return keys will open a difference in the directory comparison view (equivalent to a double click).
- Fixed a bunch of crashing bugs in the directory comparison view.
New in version 1.0b10(20) (February 6th, 2008)
- Updated MacFuse support to 1.3.1.
- Updated SSHFS FUSE plugin (SFTP support provider) to version 1.9.
- Removed support for FTP, as the curlftpfs plugin is currently broken. Please use SFTP.
New in version 1.0b10(19) (February 4th, 2008)
- Improved MacRoman text handling.
- Improved text file sniffing in the text diff plugin.
New in version 1.0b10(16) (February 1st, 2008)
- Crash on directory comparison refresh fixed.
- Added path control for directory comparison view.
- Added path control for text diff view.
New in version 1.0b10(12) (January 16th, 2008)
- Fixed issue with text merging and blank sections.
- Fixed crash on application quit.