April 4th, 2013
· Updated to the latest version of ImageMagick bringing in almost two years of improvements.
· Fixed an issue with Importing PDFs where the plug-in wasn't releasing the file causing "still in use" errors.
· Completely rewrote the internal image/file/container handling code to be much more simple and work much better.
· Added User-Agent HTTP header to the get GetFromURL code to fix issues with some web servers.
· Updated the internal networking code to fix crashing issues with GetFromURL.
· Changed how GetFromURL was handling redirects to fix crashing issues on Windows.
· Fixed issues with initializing the ImageMagick library.
· Updated the PDF conversion process to produce much better images by setting the quality to 100%/lossless.
· Fixed issues with converted images not getting the correct file extension.
· Fixed issues with converting to BMPs that could not be viewed by OS X's Preview app.
· Fixed issues with converted images from container fields not getting the original filename.
· Fixed issues with cleaning up the plug-in's temporary folder.
· Fixed several issues with converting PDFs to any other format.
· Fixed issues with getting PDF pages.
· Fixed issues with extracting layers out of images.
· Fixed issues with specifying which layer/page to extract. The GetLayer function now treats the first layer/page as index 1 for all image types including PDF.
September 12th, 2012
· Significantly reduced the file size of the Mac plug-in, simplifying the internals of the plug-in at the same time.
· Fixed several registration issues, including registration saving issues, crashes when registering, and dialogs not closing correctly.
· Reworked every bit of Windows specific code to fix issues with loading and running under Windows (especially Windows 7).
· Reworked the Ghostscript code to produce much better 72 dpi images of PDF pages.
· Fixed issues with image processing when ImageMagick returned warnings instead of errors.
· Recoded GetImageFromURL to fix issues with many web servers, and added code to handle redirections.
· Fixed a major memory leak in the Import function.
· Imported latest core code improvements from other CNS Plug-ins.
July 19th, 2011
· Output of Resize function looks dramatically better.
· Fixed an issue with Developer's License Keys not being retained.
· Fixed an issue with paths to external drives and network shares.
· Added code that strips an image's meta data when resizing or changing the DPI to work around issues with other programs reporting the wrong dimensions and DPI. This has the side effect of making thumbnails of JPEG images dramatically smaller.
· Fixed issues with temporary files being left behind when no longer needed.
June 4th, 2011
· Entire product development brought in-house for better control over the product and more timely updates/releases.
· Complete rewrite of the plug-in from the ground up.
· No longer requires QuickTime.
· Original Convert function renamed to OldConvert (to not break existing solutions), while a new Convert function has been created that does not have the confusing Width and Height parameters.
· A new Resize function has been added to replace that feature from the OldConvert function.
· All new Filter function that allows you to apply filters to images without a dialog.
· GetFromURL function now includes a Timeout parameter to time out the downloads that take too long.
· CNS Image can now create GIF images, so no more automatic conversion to PNG when dealing with them.
· • CNS Image can now read PDFs on Windows and is able to replicate the Mac feature of Importing a PDF into a container field, complete with a Preview image of the first page.
· Reading PDFs on Windows also means the plug-in can now split PDF pages into multiple images on Windows.
· Due to the complete rewrite and not using QuickTime, the main functions like Rotate and Crop work correctly now for all image formats.
· Server Edition of CNS Image introduced for using the plug-in with Scheduled Scripts and Web Publishing under FileMaker Server.
August 1st, 2008
· Recompiled as Universal Binary on Mac.
· Temporarily disabled Filter function because of Issues with Universal Binary.