June 23rd, 2011
· Firefox 5 compatibility
August 14th, 2010
· Firefox 4 compatibility
· Tooltip edit button
· BabelFish tool-bar button (right click the toolbar and then customize to add the button)
October 20th, 2009
· Updated service definitions to make the dictionary work again (necessary because of translation service code modification)
· Fixed issue with Google mail in Rich Text forms
· Fixed non-working service definition updates
April 23rd, 2009
· Added Chinese Traditional.
· Fixed auto translation which was broken due to Google update.
· Improved plugin management (if you use a plugin, please save it prior to the update - otherwise it might be overwritten by default definitions).
· For plugin developers: Fixed missing POST capabilities for service2 and service3.
· For plugin developers: Added service?MimeType option.
April 11th, 2009
· Fixed incompatibilities with other addons that caused BabelFish to disappear.
· Fixed 'sometimes language is not changed' issue.
· Hopefully fixed Firefox crashes (no error shown) that were reported on some Mac computers.
April 6th, 2009
· Fixed non-working hover mode.
April 3rd, 2009
· Added: Support for custom service definitions (plugins) a feature which was requested by many users. So users will be able to use their preferred translation services in place of Google and Yahoo. Once a developer edited/created a service definition file it can be saved as plugin.txt. By openinig the textfile (via Firefox or URL) the plugin can be used by any other user.
· Added: Tooltip language detect button.
· Added: Doubleclicking a translated word replaces the appropriate source text selection.
· Improved: Automated translations (e.g. if languages are changed the current text will be retranslated automatically).
· Improved: Translations of long text (better split algorithm, fixed missing whitespaces).
· Improved fallback algorithm (if one service fails another will be tried automatically).
· Improved: Language detection now works without text selection (in most cases).
· Improved: Hover mode & fixed bug (non working single word translation in text areas).
· Improved: A language menu can be skipped just by clicking anywhere outside.
· Modified: Auto-recalibration is replaced by an integrated service editor.
· Updated: Help files.
· Fixed: Bug where panel sometimes used almost the complete window.
· Fixed: Wrong Czech flag.
· Fixed: Detect language did not work in highlighting mode.
· Fixed: Translation of Hebrew language.
· Many other small fixes or improvements.
· Fixed XML entity error caused by invalid german character in locale (affected German users).
· Fixed missing initialization on first start.
February 19th, 2009
· Added 7 new Google languages (Turkish, Hungarian, Thai, ...).
· Added language configuration item to language menus (can be removed).
· Restricted initially shown languages.
· Improved panel height calculations.
February 16th, 2009
· Added panel mode: Translation results can also be shown in a panel at the bottom of a document.
· Fixed insertion of BabelFish code into documents, Panel mode is automatically activated for mail on Google mail and docs, Yahoo mail and Hotmail.
· Added hotkey to toggle enabled/disabled status.
· Added option to remove title popups in Hover mode.
· Made 'Detect language' context menu optional.
· Introduced 'detect and autoset language' preference, enabled as default.
· Translate page on Google now respects hl, the Firefox country setting.
· Improved initial user language detection.
· Fixed one word hover translations in textareas / input fields.
· Fixed hover position on translation of links.
· Fixed missing OK button for Mac and Linux users.
· Corrected wrong flag for Arabic language.
· Fixed bug where a doubleclick on the BabelFish statusbaricon did not disable BabelFish.
· Removed manual (button) mode as I believe that it is not used.
· Changed whitelist to panelmode list.
· Updated help.
January 15th, 2009
· Finally BabelFish managed it to get public.
· I am very happy and like to thank reviewer Justin S. for making this possible.
August 7th, 2008
· Fixed: BabelFish inserted 'xL??>??Googlec' in Google HTML mails (this was no bug but a strange incompatibility)
· Corrected typos in language dialogs
· If you want to change target or source language only, you now can SKIP the spare language dialog with a click on the red respectively blue headline
· Now works in frames too