May 23rd, 2011
· (arserver 3.3.2) - Added rsp (resilient streaming protocol) stream encoder. This is an new, experimental, transmit-only high reliability streaming protocol capable of multi-cast transmission. No UI support for it yet in ARStudio or documentation. This protocol is currently being used for studio to server distribution at mountainchill.com.
· (ARStudio 3.3.3) - UI beg fixed: ServerSettings Input and output group visibility inconsistent - NIB file object association corrected
April 18th, 2011(arserver 3.3.2):
· AAC Recorder bug fix: AAC file recorder write queue under high CPU load could get behind causing the recorder to crash.
· OS X Native AAC (AAC-LC) and AACplus (AAC-HE) codecs for shoutcast encoder added.
· Added interface and commands to allow a custom codec to be used with shoutcast encoder.
· Live Input stack initialization bug fixed - Periodic gain jump to infinity on live input load.
· Added option to
· Added "db_include_loc" property, as a comma separated location ID list, to setting to allow automation to consider the logs of other library location as well as the current location when choosing items to play.
· Added query macto "[loc-ids]" in support of the above.
· Fixed table name capitalization error: created a problem with case sensitive MySQL database implementations.
· Server settings UI fixed to prevent editing an unselected input or output group.
· Fixed remote feed occasional initialization bug: stack variable not cleared.
· Fixed a bug that prevented categories from being deleted.
January 31st, 2011
· Bug found in file Hash algorithm: only the first byte in each 4K hashing block was being used for the calculation. This bug has been corrected across all ARSuite components. Please use the ARServer "dbsync" function to update existing libraries.
· (arserver 3.3.1)
· File Hash bug fix.
· AudioUnit channel support interrogation now parsed correctly.
· Mono recording/stream encoding was broken in previous versionÉ now fixed.
· Previously, only first schedule insert item had it's target time set when multiple items were inserted, now they all do.
· High priority item forced load now performed with a flag instead of zeroing the standby time. This prevents possible loading of items AFTER the high priority item.
· Level based segue is now ignored if an ending item has a segout time set or a starting item has a segin time set.
· New "def_seglevel" settings: When set (non-zero), will hold off a segue until the playing items level drops below the setting level.
· AudioUnit support for mono to stereo effects. Mixes down to mono when an AU effect supports only one channel input.
· Added support for AAC+ shoutcast encoding (via aacplusenc commandline encoder).
· Modified fill automation allowing an item to specify the "fill duration" during which time it will supersede other items scheduled to fill with lower priorities.
· (ARStudio 3.3.1)
· File Hash bug fix.
· Event queue now uses coalescing to prevent duplicate control session messages from being passed between ARStudio and ARServer. This makes certain message intensive function, like playlist expansion must more responsive on the user interface.
· (ARManager 3.3.1)
· File Hash bug fix.
· Fixed a cut/copy/paste bug in the playlist editor
January 2nd, 2011
· New database version (2.7) with minor modification to ar_schedule table allowing Fill column to handle a value from 0 - 1440, in support of new schedule fill properties. Previously, this was a 0 or 1 flag used to indicate if the item was a fill item or now. Now, if it is a fill item, it specifies the time (in minutes) to supersede other fill items of lesser priority. A value of 1 (minute) will behave similar to previous versions, so no changes need to be made to existing schedules.
· NOTE: Please re-initialize existing databases to upgrade them to the new revision. This can be done using the dbinit command in the arserver console, via the Initialize button on the ARManager database connection panel, or the Initialized button in the database tab of the ARStudio server settings.
· ARServer/ARStudio new feature: "def_seglevel" settings: When set (non-zero), will hold off a segue until the playing items level drops below the setting level.
· ARServer new feature: AudioUnit support for mono to stereo effects. Mixes down to mono when an AU effect supports only one channel input.
· ARServer/ARStudio new feature: AAC+ shoutcast encoding (via aacplusenc commandline encoder).
· ARServer/ARManager new feature: Modified fill automation allowing an item to specify the "fill duration" during which time it will supersede other items scheduled to fill with lower priorities.
· ARManager bug fix: audio files re-added to the library via the import panel failed to updating the file path to the new location.
October 31st, 2010
· Bug fix: re-importing a moved file and selection update file location for duplicated items now actually updates the file location.
October 27th, 2010
· This version is again OS X 10.6 only and is fully Intel x86 native. No More PowerPC!
· Work will begin of reworking the Browser interface next.
April 29th, 2010General:
· Updated installer script for OS 10.5 through 10.6 only support. OS 10.4 or ealier is no longer supported
· Recompiled, and relocated in the arserver directory, libdbi library components for Intel (FAT 32/64 bit addressing) and linked agains libmysqlclient re-entrant library
· Old libdbi libraries still kept until ARStudio and ARManager can be recompiled
· Compiled for Intel 32 bit addressing. Tested to compile in 64 bit addressing too, but sticking with 32 bit for release
· Fix all (more than I can count) OS 10.6 incompatibilities.
· elimintade inode file location ability... OS 10.6 no longer supports it. This will get re-writen at some point in the future.
· new Varispeed phase lock loop used for all device syncronization: AIX player, Input Player, Slave Output Devices.
· Remote Feed auxillary channel for cue monitoring and talkback to the studio implemented.
· Eliminated all QuickTime API usage. All audio file playing and recording now handles by CoreAudio ExtAudioFile API.
· Reworked launching algorithm to deal with some new OS related bugs.
· Corrected endian handling for floating point notification packets.
September 16th, 2009
· Corrects all the OS X 10.5 problems along with some newly found bugs, adds m4a file recording, high quality mono and stereo AAC voip support for live internet remotes (remote end interface available in ARStudio).
March 20th, 2009
· Includes OS X 10.5 related bug fixes, .m3u and .pls play list file importing and loading from ARServer (thus ARStudio) and ARManager and iTunes .xml playlist importing from ARManager.
· Also, ARStudio includes a user interface for controlling AudioUnit effects processing in ARServer and greatly improved control surface response.
· Major low-level changes in support of AudioUnit effects related to GUI support in ARStudio and fixed problems found while testing.
· Added system processor load metering for use in the ARStudio Effects GUI.
· Reworked player lock system such that each player has it's own lock allowing for more responsive realtime player control.
· Fixed a "savein" and "saveout" command bug which caused a crash when the in/out name field of the command was blank. This bug revealed itself in ARStudio when saving and renaming a newly created input or output group in a single step.
· Added support for reading .m3u and .pls formated play list files to the existing AudioRack native .fpl file format
· Changed the default core mixer buffer size from 1024 to 512 samples... more than 512 samples causes problems with some with some audio hardware when the core mixer is running at less than 96 ksps. You can use the -d pre-config option in your startup.conf file if you would like to make the buffer size different from the default.
· Added a user interface for AudioUnit effects.
· Fixed an initialization bug that caused a startup crash under OS X 10.5
· Made automatic connection to last used arserver and option at startup.
· Second arserver session connection implemented for non-blocking player commands: more responsive realtime player control for things like control surface faders, starting, stopping, etc.
· Added support for importing .m3u, .pls, and iTunes .xml formated play list files to the existing AudioRack native .fpl file format.
· Fixed an initialization bug that caused a startup crash under OS X 10.5.