March 29th, 2013
· Removes 1GB file size limit for uploads to Vimeo
· Fixes a stability issue when playing back certain MPEG-2 files
· Fixes a stability issue in Qmaster when processing multiple jobs
December 7th, 2012
· Fixes an issue with the upload of clips of greater than 1 GB to Vimeo
October 24th, 2012
· Improved cluster setup eliminates the need to have Compressor open on all cluster nodes
· Activate additional encoding clusters without re-authentication
· Addresses an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could prevent Compressor from opening
June 12th, 2012
· Enhancements to Share Monitor for the MacBook Pro with Retina display
· Resolves a stability issue that could occur when selecting the Publish to YouTube job action from the Inspector
April 11th, 2012This update adds functionality and improves overall performance including:
· Ability to run Compressor as an encoding node on a Mac without a monitor
· Fixes an issue with exporting when logged in as an Open Directory user
· Improves performance when encoding mp4 and AVI files
January 31st, 2012This update improves overall stability and performance including:
· Markers set as chapter markers by default
· Addition of Uncompressed 8-bit and 10-bit 4:2:2 to export settings list
· Improved speed of transcoding from Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 to ProRes
· The update is recommended for all users of Compressor 4
September 21st, 2011This update improves overall stability and performance including:
· Updates the bitrates in Cellular settings for HTTP Live Streaming.
· Fixes an issue with accessing QuickTime Export Component settings in Final Cut Pro X.
· Fixes an issue in which This Computer cluster does not appear when system is configured in Chinese.
· Resolves stability issues when launching Soundtrack Pro after Compressor 4 is installed.
June 22nd, 2011
· Compressor 4 is a paid release that adds new functionality and addresses previous issues.
February 8th, 2011
· Adds a compression setting optimized for iPad and iPhone 4.
· Fixes an issue with incorrectly configuring the field order property of a QuickTime movie when using frame controls.
October 22nd, 2009
· Fixes the ability to inspect surround sound jobs.
· Addresses a transcoding issue with automatic resizing for videos recorded on iPhone and iPod Nano.
· Improves quality when using the Frame Controls Resize Filter for HD to SD DVD case.
· Fixes an issue in which transcodes between Apple ProRes codecs resulted in output media files with incorrect color values in letterbox and padding areas.
· Fixes issue with redraw of file names in the Inspector when replacing audio files.
July 23rd, 2009
· Makes encoding and delivering in multiple formats easier than ever with the ability to automatically detect QuickTime settings and create an Easy Export template or a mini “droplet” on the desktop that automates specific Compressor actions.
· New, customizable sharing options make it easy to publish to YouTube and MobileMe, or export for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV and mobile phones.
· For the highest quality HD material, menu templates and encoding presets make it fast and easy to create Blu-ray discs.
· Final Cut Studio also includes DVD Studio Pro, a powerful DVD authoring environment with drag and drop tools, on screen editing and real time previews.
November 15th, 2007
· Compressor 3.0.2 and Apple Qmaster 3.0.2 address specific customer issues and compatibility issues.
· This update is recommended for all users of Compressor and Apple Qmaster versions 3.0 or later.