August 27th, 2012
· Add word translation support from Kotobank (ja).
Add more text translation options, including:
· Infoseek honyaku
· Yahoo! honyaku
· OCN translator (en, zh, ko) - the best for Chinese
· freshEYE honyaku (en,zh)
· @nifty honyaku (en)
· Excite hongyaku (en)
· SDL free translator (en)
· The default translator switched to Ocn from Microsoft.
· Try to synchronize with any running game in the library on startup.
· Retry to reconnect on accidental soap error.
· Option to set annotation transparency from Preferences.
· Option to set fullscreen annotation size, which is slightly larger than normal one.
August 20th, 2012
· Show media library on startup.
· Game launch settings (channel & encoding) will be saved for the next launch.
· Setting up synchronization is only required once for each game.
· Highlight selected text in yellow in all textedit widgets.
· Fix a bug in the updater.
August 16th, 2012
· Alternatively, latest binaries could be found at ftp.annot.me/release/annot-player.
· Versions before 0.1.8.1 are now broken and won't work propertly.
· Add Annot Translator using WWWJDIC (beta). Internet access is indispensible.
· Integrate galgame Backlog with Annot Translator.
· Add media library to index available media and games from play history.
· Double-click subtitles will edit it if the user has its ownership.
· Otherwise, show its analytics.
· Add support for Russian language.
· Update VLC plugins to version 2.0.3.
July 31st, 2012
· Fix the severe issue for synchronizing annotations caused by the changes of the server framework.
· App before version 0.1.8.0 might not function well anymore.
· Fix the bug which might cause downloaded gzipped annotations failed to be unzipped and parsed.
· Utilize cookies to reduce network traffic.
July 23rd, 2012
· Long annotations/subtitles will be wrapped by word boundaries.
· Game subtitles will be rendered stably on the top or bottom.
· Add dock button to embedded mode, to toggle whether embed to the top or bottom.
· Add Italian language for galgame translation.
· Existing files to overwrite will be moved to trash instead of being deleted or renamed.
· Press the "Play/Pause" button after sync with galgame will start or pause listening to game signals.
· Add XML/JSON annotations download dialog to annot-player.
· Some unstable experimental features are temporarily disabled.
· Annotation Downloader is changed to use single download thread to avoid parallel bugs.
· Fix the bug that makes wmv and ISO images invisible from openning.
· Fix the bug that causes annot-player unable to fetch annotations when openning files in Windows Explorer.
· Fix a bug that might cause context menu to render in full black.
· Reimplement thread-safe message logging mechanism which could result in mystery crashes.
July 17th, 2012
· Able to edit and save machine-translated subtitles.
· The user will take the ownership of the editted subtitles.
· Render widgets (such as push buttons) as annotations (currently not for Mac).
· Bing API is replaced with Microsoft Azure API for default Galgame translation.
· Because Microsoft will stop Bing translation service after Aug. 1, 2012, galgame translation before version 0.1.7 will stop functioning after Aug.1.
· Add Google Translator and Romaji translation service.
· Able to turn on more than one translation providers.
· Enble translation for French/German/Spanish/Portuguese
· Opion to change annotation moving speed in preferences.
· Modification to movement resolution is removed.
· Prefetch annotations and save to XML/JSON before streaming media is completed.
· Able to download annotation XML/JSON from Annot Browser or Annot Downloader.
· To associate the downloaded XML/JSON subtitle with media file, rename the subtitle as the same basename as the media file.
· Update VLC plugins to version 2.0.2.
· Fix the bug for creating Annotation Analytics view for galgame.
· Double-click the annotation will show analytics of all annotations from its owner user.
· Fix the bug which causes annot-player window to disappear after the galgame is minimized,
· Fix a bug that might randomly crashes annot-player when dragging annotations.
· Fix the offline-cache inconsistent bug when editing annotations.
July 2nd, 2012
· Able to convert all Chinese annotations to Traditional Chinese.
· Add translation for Traditional Chinese.
· Able to adjust annotation movement resolution for floating annotations.
· Switch from llvm gcc to clang with C++11 enabled on Mac.
· Fix a bug while rendering translations in Galgame with multiple lines.
· Fix a bug which results in failure to resolve nico anime from nicovideo.jp/watch/so[0-9]*
· Fix severe multi-threading bugs in downloader.
· Switch from qthreadpool task to qthread in downloader to deal with concurrency bugs.
· Imported annotations will be saved to XML/JSON files.
New annotation searching logic follows:
· Search offline annotations in "Annot Stream/Data/cache/cache.db"
· (or ~/Library/Caches/me.annot.player/cache.db on Mac OS X).
· Search offline annotations from XML/JSON files in the same folder of the video.
· Assume the current file being played is ABC.mp4, then
· ABC.whatever.xml and ABC.whatever.json will be imported.
· If no offline annotations exist, fetch latest annotations online.
· Trigger "Update Annotations" from context menu will sync all three sources of annotations.
· Edit annotations sources from "Annotation Source" in context menu.
June 22nd, 2012
· Annotation motionless scheduling and rendering improved.
· Add halo effect to render annotations (able to change colors in Preferences).
· Annotations will glow when focusd on.
· Able to change audio channels and delay time in context menu.
· Able to import annotation files in XML/JSON format downloaded from nicovideo/acfun/bilibili.
· Automatically load external annotation files whose name starts with the file name of current media.
· Able to select text encoding for the annotated Galgame (usually Shift-JIS or UTF-16).
· Enforce Shift-JIS as default.
· Fix the encoding issue for Galgame from light (malie.exe).
June 5th, 2012
· Option to always show avatars (could be disabled from context menu).
· Able to translate annotations to different languages.
· Able to change file associations from Preferences.
· Enable HTTP pipelining to improve download and stream speed.
· Update to Qt 4.8.2. Switch from Carbon to Cocoa on Mac OS X.
· Add getchu.com to the browser's delegate list.
· Fix the issues that cause buttons in full screen difficult to press.
· Fix a bug in downloader which might result in incorrent file size.
· Fix bugs while tracking Galgame process and rendering annotations.
May 28th, 2012
· Add randomized avatars to identify different users.
· Able to change annotation font in preferences.
· Option to limit annotation bandwith (enabled by default).
· Fix a bug which could freeze the player when stream video with more than 6 parts.
· Fix a bug which bound # of download tasks to # of CPUs.
· Fix a bug which might mess up merged FLV streams, esp. Sina video from AcFun.tv.
· Fix a bug that could crash the browser when activate context menu.
· Fix a bug when prevent logging in to Nicovideo.jp on Windows.
· Fix a bug when annotate gal game.
May 19th, 2012
· Add water ripple effect to render windows (conflicts with Aero effect, Mac/WinXP only).
· Show meta info (e.g. user,date) after annotations.
· Show loading progress in Browser's address bar.
· When the download option is off, try to use MMS protocal instead of HTTP to stream remote video.
· Include Youtube, and any other video which is less than 6 minutes.
· Currently, parted remote video and those require authentification (such as Nicovideo) do not support MMS mode.
· Fix a bug when resolve Youtube video on Windows.
· Fix an encoding bug when resolve Tudou video.
· Fix a bug that might result in unsaved download tasks when downloading multiple videos.
May 14th, 2012
· FadeIn/FadeOut animation applied to all windows and annotations.
· Change menubar shortcuts from ALT to CAPSLOCK.
· Added magnifier (CTRL+E or hold LeftButton).
· Fixed mouse freezing issue on Windows.
· Fixed a bug while decoding AcFun.tv URLs.
· Fixed a bug in Browser when visiting SSL encrypted webs.
May 8th, 2012
· Able to play limited Youku video from outside of China.
· Use annotion pool to reduce memory traffic and CPU usage significantly.
· Support for AcFun.tv is fixed.
· Fixed a bug preventing network proxy settings from being saved.
· Change stream strategy from mult-thread to single-thread multi-task to avoid being banned by remote server when download in parallel.
· Right button will collect nearby annotations.
· ALT + DoubleClick will attract all annotations.
· SHIFT + DoubleClick will expel nearby annotations.
· Shortcuts to manipulate annotations changed.
· Added FadeIn / FadeOut effects to render annotations.
· Added touchpad gestures to player and all webview (Mac only).
· Added menu bar to Browser/Downloader on Windows.
· Added debug console to Browser.
· Added preferences dialog. Able to change default downloads location.
· Context menu to repeat current video.
April 30th, 2012
· Fixed a severe bug which might cause duplication in imported annotations.
April 23rd, 2012
· Offline caching improved. Most network accesses are cached if possible.
· Imported annotations are also cached for offline playing.
· Offline database performance improved.
· Able to change annotation offset in time. Shortcuts follow.
· CTRL+ALT with =-0
· Able to open media file from context menu on Windows.
· To maximize will result in full screen.
· Streaming from AcFun.tv is broken. Won't fix until AcFun.tv finalize its new RESTful API.
· Detect streamable video and open in Annot Player from context menu.
· Most webkit compatible shortcuts added.
· Fixed URL encoding for Asia characters.
· Offline cookies and caching are enabled.
· Added concurrency control. Limit max number of downloads to 3.
· Added system tray.
· Added context menu.
· Fixed bugs that might crash the player while switching media.
· Fixed bugs preventing Adobe Flash from playing MP4 video on Mac.
April 16th, 2012
· Fixed a severe bug while streaming MP4 video from nicovideo.jp.
· Use CTRL+SHIFT/MiddleButton with Mouse to select and delete annotations.
· Annotation analytics improved.
· Display download progress and media information in full screen mode.
· Preferred playing mode changed to embedded mode.
· Browser improved.
· Automatic login nicovideo.jp and bilibili.tv.
· Added built-in adblock.
· Remember history of visited and recent closed URLs.
April 9th, 2012
· Added keyboard shortcuts to adjust contrast, brightness, hue, saturation and gamma.
· Added mouse wheel shortcuts to rotate/scale annotations.
· Ctrl + Wheel: scale all/paused annotations
· Shift + Wheel: rotate all/paused annotations
· Added basic analytics for annotations.
· Hardcode anonymous accounts for annot.me and nicovideo.jp.
· Alpha-release for linux.
· Service host moved to Japan.
· Bug fix and improvement on usability and stability.
March 31st, 2012
· Web browser and downloader utilities are made into different apps.
· Added mouse rubber band to select annotations with CTRL/SHIFT modifiers.
· Nico browser fixed. Able to visit nico anime channel from outside of Japan.
· Added previous/next/browse actions for online video.
· Upgraded to Qt 4.8.1 and VLC 2.0.1.
March 23rd, 2012
· Show download progress in position slider.
· Added annotation thread view.
· Allow openning multiple windows from context menu.
· Bug fix in streaming module.
March 20th, 2012
· Fixed a severe bug which could crash the app while downloading.
· Option to disable context menu rendering.
· Option to open multiple player windows on Windows in context menu.
· Able to change video aspect ratio in context menu. Specified aspect ratio will be saved for the movie.
March 19th, 2012
· When playing online video from AcFun/Bilibili, parted videos are now merged on the fly.
· Added network proxy.
· Added proxy browser for nicovideo.
· Able to play nico video from outside of Japan.
· Added utilities menu.
· Monitor clipboard for online media/annot URLs.
· Added increase/decrease buttons to URL dialog.
· Reimplemented video download and demux modules.
· Removed dependencies on mp4v2 and gpac.
Know issues with current implementation:
· Seeking over downloaded frames is not allowed.
· High CPU usage on Macbook Air.
March 12th, 2012
· Added fast forward buttons.
· Able to disable Aero effect in Windows Vista/7.
· Automatically detect last language preference for subtitle/audio track.
· Several bug fixes.
March 3rd, 2012
· Now support streaming from nicovideo.jp in Mac OS X as well.
· Online video will be automatically downloaded and associated with annotations.
· Support streaming nicovideo using proxy.
· Switched to VLC2. Performance and stability improved.
· Now support playing Bluray Disc.
· Playing cue is broken on Mac OS X.
· GUI improved.
February 27th, 2012
· Annotation rendering improved.
· Online streaming improved.
· Added dialog to download online videos, and remux parted videos to mp4.
· Downloaded videos will be associated with online annotations automatically.
· Supported websites: nicovideo.jp,acfun.tv,bilibili.tv,....
· Added debug console.
February 17th, 2012
· Added annotation rendering effects.
· Annotations rendered with shadow by default.
· Added support to open RTSP stream.
· GUI improved.