New in version 3.0.3 Build 4559
November 4th, 2014
- Fix for iTunes slider resetting playtime
- Fix for iRC(b) button display (Amarra only) - On/Off status
- Preference change: removed Preload track count and titled ‘PRELOAD ALBUM (GAPLESS)’
- Improved error messaging for customers trying to activate with wrong code
- Combo User Manual, Combo Activation Guide, Combo ReadMe
- Fix for 4x (176.4. 192) iRC/iRC(b) Filter Bank playback and filter switching
New in version 3.0 Build 4545 (July 19th, 2014)
- Added Impulse Response Correction below 500Hz with Amarra iRC(b)
- Added support for DSD file playback - .dsf and .dff
- Added support for Streaming Audio via Amarra sQ application
- Added realtime down sampling of content
- Removed Vertical window
- Removed Sonic Studio Process - replaced with realtime down sampling
- Modified ‘I’ button to open Audio Device Preferences window
- Updated User Interface
- Bug Fixes and performance enhancements
- New installation process and scripts for OS Optimization
- Fixed Purge OSX Inactive Memory command
- Updated Team Support application to current release
New in version 2.6 Build 4500 (September 25th, 2013)
- Fix metadata and FLAC files.
New in version 2.5.1 Build 4488 (July 15th, 2013)
- Track Progress Slider - (Amarra / Amarra Symphony) A new scrollable bead in the Amarra window that follows the progress of the track current playing. Similar in operation to the song scroll bar in iTunes, the Track Progress Slider is perfect for users who prefer Amarra Playlist mode.
- New "P" Button for Preloading - (Amarra / Amarra Symphony) Toggles preloading of tracks based on your preference settings in Amarra. Review Amarra Preferences to change the number of tracks you've elected to preload, then turn the mode on and off using the P Button.
- Updates to Sonic Studio Process - (Amarra / Amarra Symphony) Process is Sonic's world-class up and down sample rate converter. We've added improved support for non-interleaved stereo files. Note that Sonic Studio Process for Amarra is designed for up/down sampling between 44.1 and 192kHz.
- Purge Memory Command - We've found that an accummulation of inactive memory (unreleased by closed applications or finished processes) may cause adverse playback effects in Amarra. Now, upon launch, Amarra will notify you if your computer has a significant amount of inactive memory that has not been released by the system, and give you the option to release it for use. You can also find the purge memory command in File =>Extras Menu.
- Stability Enhancements - You'll find 2.5.1 to be the most stable and easy to use Amarra, ever. Jon and the engineering team, our beta test group, and everyone at Sonic Studio encourage to you download and enjoy Amarra v2.5.1 as soon as possible.
New in version 2.4 Build 4436 (February 8th, 2013)
- Fix crash on FLAC to AIFF conversion
- Fix issue with Preload Tracks and iTunes 11
- Fix crash in Vertical window in Amarra
- Fix for detecting new Sample Rate (when device changes)
- One change for track title not updating
- Fix for certain FLAC files ( with incorrect gap )
- Increase Memory for CACHE to 8 gig
- Console Log is now a separate file (in application)
New in version 2.3.1 Build 4311 (September 17th, 2011)
- Fixes for Permissions issue on install.
- It is recommend deleting preferences or uninstalling your current 2.3 version.
- Fix support for Analog Hardware Volume Control using Sonic Studio Audio Interfaces.
New in version 2.3 Build 4310 (September 17th, 2011)
- New User Interfaces
- Fixes for metadata in FLAC files
- Fixes for Orpheus Device
- Fixes for RME Babyface
- Many improvements and fixes
New in version 2.2 Build 4286 (May 27th, 2011)
- Tech Note: Gapless Playback
- Gapless playback is perfect for contiguous performances such as symphonic recordings or live performances. Amarra's Playlist feature is the answer for seamless playback.
- To enable perfect gapless playback in Amarra 2.2:
- In iTunes, make sure each song in the recording is tagged for gapless playback. To do this, select a file in the recording by single-clicking on it. From the File Menu, Get Info ->Options tab and make sure that the 'Part of a gapless album' check box is selected for each song.
- Select the all the files for this album in iTunes. Hint: you may want to create an iTunes playlist for each gapless performance. Refer to the iTunes Help menu for more information on creating playlists in iTunes.
- In Amarra's Playlist menu select 'Add Track From iTunes'. This loads all of the files you selected in iTunes into an Amarra Playlist and readies them for gapless playback.
- Press the spacebar on your computer, or select the play (>) in Amarra and enjoy the music.
New in version 2.1.1 Build 4268 (January 13th, 2011)
- Fixes for certain files not playing
- Fix Pause / Skip not working on some files
- Fixes for Volume Control, and more more