March 5th, 2013Spelling Checker:
· Muse now includes a spelling checker which can be toggled on or off by selecting Edit > Spelling in the Muse menu.
· To see suggestions for misspelled words (with red squiggly underline) select the text using the Text Tool, then right-click on the selected word(s).
· To add a word to the spelling dictionary right-click on the word and select "Add . . . to Dictionary" in the right-click menu.
· To change the spelling checker language go to File > Site Properties, click on the Text tab and select the appropriate language in the Language drop-down menu. To change the language for an individual text frame right-click on the text frame and select Language from the popup menu.
· The widget fly-out options panel now opens automatically when a new widget is placed on the Design canvas to make configuring widgets more intuitive.
· Slideshow and Composition Widgets now include the option to turn on or off Swipe (touch) support and the ability to control transition speed (in addition to the time spent on each slide) in 0.1 second increments.
· The Accordion panel widget now supports "Close All" in Design view. The selected panel Design view will now be selected/active when previewing, exporting or publishing the site to Business Catalyst.
· The selected tab in Design view for the Tabbed panel widget will now be selected/active when previewing, exporting or publishing the site to Business Catalyst.
· When opening older documents Muse will either expand the first Accordion panel or collapse the Accordion in Design view depending on the selected options. In the instance of the Tabbed panel widget the first tab in the tabbed panel will be active/visible.
· The "Close all initially" option in the Accordion panel has been replaced by the new behavior that allows an accordion to be collapsed in Design view.
· The Accordion panel now includes an option to "Overlap Items Below". When selected content below the Accordion panel will not move down on the page as an Accordion panel is opened/expanded.
· In case we either switched an accordion to its first panel, or collapsed it initially, a reference to that accordion will be added to the new Warnings panel. The reason is that this change may slightly change the page design. We encourage you to review the design/browser behavior for those pages and when done, delete the warning(s) from the Warnings panel. Muse will remind you if there are warnings that were not resolved (deleted) prior to each export/publish.
· You can now change the Z-order (using Bring to Front/Bring Forward/Send Backward/Send to Back) of Triggers and Targets in Composition widgets without breaking the connection between Triggers and Targets. Similarly, you can now change the Z-order of Slideshow Thumbnail or Hero images without breaking the connection between them. Please note that changing the Z-order will change the order of slides/panels used for next/previous and auto play.
Master Page Improvements:
· Hierarchical Master Pages - Video Overview
· Master page elements can now layer in front of content on those pages to which the Master has been applied. To re-order Master page content select elements on the Master page, right-click and select "Move to Master Foreground" or "Move to Master Background" from the popup menu. Alternatively select elements on the Master page, then select Object > Move to Background or Foreground in the Muse application menu. All elements in the Master page set to "Move to Master Foreground" will appear on top of all elements in the Page.
· Master Pages can now be applied to other Master Pages. All the workflows for applying a Master Page to a website page are now also available to apply a Master Page to another Master Page.
· To understand the complete chain of Master Pages applied to an individual page or Master Page mouse over the page name in the Site Plan layout — a tooltip will appear showing the chain of applied Master pages.
Publish to Business Catalyst Sub-Directories:
· The Muse publish workflow now allows publishing to a specific host sub-directory on the Business Catalyst hosting platform. This feature has been available as part of the "Upload to FTP host" in the past and is now extended to publishing to the Business Catalyst platform.
· To publish to a sub-folder, select Publish, expand the Options drop down area, and enter the sub-folder name.
· For Tablet and Phone layouts, rotated items are now described in HTML as if they are unrotated then rotation is applied as a separate CSS 2D rotation property. This results in much cleaner images and text, and live selectable text in the browser. (Rotated items in Muse 3 and earlier were exported as images. Hence, the more you zoom in when viewing from a browser, the more pixelated the rotated item appears).
· Tablet and Phone Preview now has a toggle to preview Portrait or Landscape.
· When deleting a page item, Muse will now select the parent item, if any.
· The Page Properties dialog now includes an option to always show scrollbars in the browser.
· Pressing Escape exits Preview mode and takes you back to your last Design view page.
· The Align/Distribute panel now includes the ability to Distribute objects horizontally or vertically with specific numeric spacing.
· Upload to FTP host now includes a setting to control whether Muse stores FTP account credentials.
· Performance improvements for opening a Page in Design view.
· Performance improvements for Select All, selection handle drawing and selection handle hit testing when the selection contains a few hundred items.
March 5th, 2013
· Fixed a crash when you open your Adobe Muse file with inline .swf file in Text Frame.
· Fixed a bug where adding effects to an object with different fill opacities in states causes the opacity of the object to be the same in all states.
· Fixed a bug where adding alternate layouts (like Desktop, Tablet & Phone) causes upload asset files (like PDFs) to be duplicated.
March 5th, 2013
· Fixed a crash that occurred when exporting HTML with certain attributes applied to widget parts.
March 5th, 2013
· Fixed a crash during export when the document contains a graphic style that's missing a border color.
· Fixed a crash in Preview when navigating a document that contains both Desktop and Tablet pages.
· Fixed an issue where menu items with an inner glow or bevel in the Active state sometimes draw the labels aligned to the top of the menu item instead of the center.
· Fixed an issue where master page footer items with effects applied draw in the page content area instead of the footer area when viewed in a browser.
· Fixed an issue where right pinned items are not drawing aligned to the right edge of the browser after export.
· Fixed an issue where mouse events were ignored on buttons, links and menu items that were positioned within areas that were occupied by a hidden submenu.
· Fixed a crash during launch which affected some MacOS X 10.8 users with unusual DNS settings.
· Added an error message dialog which notifies users if they are trying to export a site containing a page with an invalid file name.
· Fixed an issue where layout did not output correctly when the page contained a mix of pinned and non-pinned items (non-pinned items disappeared or were in the wrong location).
March 29th, 2012Highlights:
· Changes to your Muse publish log-in
· Slideshow and Composition Widget Formatting Change
· Menu Widget Change
· Improved Preview/Export/Publish Performance
· Improved JPEG and PNG Encoding Performance
· Faster Save and Close Performance
· Size of Exported CSS Reduced
· Publish Workflow Streamlined
· Streamlined Site Management
· Improved Assets Panel
· Additional States on Widget Parts
· And many bug fixes!
February 28th, 2012
· Fixed bug that resulted in the Active state for an item not being exported for items nested within other state-enabled items.
· Revised change to the slideshow Slide transition behavior so intervening images are now shown when jumping from one image to another by clicking on thumbnails, but are not shown when wrapping around from the last image to the first or the first to the last (via the next/previous buttons or during auto play).
· Fixed crash when background fill is set to a very wide or very tall image.
· Fixed bug that resulted in the Container area of a widget unexpected growing in height or width when the Container contained grouped items.
· Fixed crash that occurred if the palette window was re-sized or collapsed when its top of left edge was positioned off the screen.
· Fixed a bug that resulted in the palette window being too wide after being collapsed.
February 9th, 2012New Install/Update Mechanism:
· Muse Beta 6 has moved to a different install/update mechanism. To update to Beta 6 you'll need to download and install Beta 6 by clicking on the download button in the top right corner of this page. The update to Beta 7 will once again be an update that can be accepted and performed from within Muse. Older versions of the Muse beta releases will expire in March 2012. To continue to use Muse, you will need to update to Beta 6.
Design View Auto Scrolling:
· The Muse Design view now supports auto scroll. When an item is dragged to the edge of the view the view will automatically scroll in that direction.
No Need to Clear Browser Cache:
Decrease the time to export and publish your site:
· Now you can adjust the amount of data stored in your image file. When you place a very large image file into your Adobe Muse site, Muse will resample the image and store enough image data for most uses. Muse has always done this to avoid bloating .muse files with excessive image data. If you use an image at a very large size (>1000 pixels wide or tall), you can import additional image data by choosing 'Import Larger Size' from the Assets palette. This right click context menu item only appears if the image is being used at a size larger than the image data stored in the Muse file. If you place a lot of images and use them at a small size, you can shrink the size of your Muse file and decrease the time to export/publish your site by choosing to 'Optimize Asset Size' on your images in the Assets palette. This menu item only appears if the image is being used at a size smaller than the image data stored in the Muse file. There's also a new tooltip if you hover over images in the Assets palette which shows you the size of the original image on disk, the size you've used it at, and the size of the image data stored in your Muse file.
· HTML Element ids No Longer Change
· Muse now keeps the same ids in the HTML from one export/publish to the next. This reduces the likelihood a small change to one page will result in updates to more HTML and CSS files than you would expect.
New and Updated Features:
· Enabled auto-scrolling when dragging an item in Design view.
· Optimized Image Data.
· Replaced "Identify Unused" context menu (right click) functionality on styles with "Delete Unused Styles" action.
· Added "Clear Overrides" buttons in the Character Styles and Graphic Styles panels.
· Revised font menu UI. Added icon to indicate whether the selected font is a web-safe font or a system font, that will be converted to an image at export/publish.
· Added support for "tel:" and "callto:" prefixes in the hyperlink combobox in the Control strip.
· Enabled the ability to select multiple site files in the Open dialog.
· Removed the join type choices from the "Corners" dropdown in the Control Strip. "Rounded" was redundant with the corner radius feature and bevel was only supported in a very limited number of cases. All corners are now miter joins. We'll look at re-enabling join types when Muse adds support for additional shapes beyond rectangles.
· Changed update/install mechanism to better support the future evolution of Muse.
· Updated to jQuery 1.7
· Fixed bug where a lightbox inside an accordion could have its components positioned incorrectly on publish/export.
· Fixed bug where lightboxes could create two DIVs with duplicate IDs.
· Fixed bug that could result in an accordion widget generating invalid HTML
· Fixed bug that would cause an accordion widget that set to 100% width to have no background fill when previewed/published/exported.
· Fixed export of gradients with opacity to no longer set a background fill color during export/publish/preview. This avoids bugs where exported gradients with opacity would appear darker than intended (and than they appeared in Design view).
· Fixed bugs related to states images specifically cases where opacity settings were handled incorrectly or the dependencies between active, hover, mouse down and normal states were handled incorrectly in the exported CSS.
· Fixed an IE bug where a transparent object with items on top was exported taller in IE than it appears in Design view.
· Changed order of exported HTML so thumbnail images in a slideshow are loaded before the hero images.
· Improved the handling of Composition:Lightbox Display widget containing multiple videos set to auto play and well as handling of stopping the video when switching panes or closing the lightbox.
· Fixed bugs that could cause an item with different stroke weights in different states to cause the page height to change when the item changed states or cause the position of the object to shift when changing states.
· Improved HTML/CSS generation for objects with states to avoid outputting unused states and to avoid outputting an active state when it won't be used.
· Fixed a bug where an active item would show rollover state if the rollover state contained an effect (drop shadow, bevel, etc.).
· Fixed a bug where clicking quickly on the next or previous buttons in a slideshow in Preview or the browser would cause the hero image to disappear temporarily.
· Changed the behavior of slideshows such that hitting next after the last image wraps around to the first image rather than visually scrolling back through all the images. This also applies to autoplay.
· Changed URLs that are used to refer to CSS, JS and favicon files so they are now changed whenever the CSS, JS or favicon files are updated. This avoids over aggressive caching of these files by browsers which was frequently resulting in incorrect rendering of a site if the browser cache had not been explicitly cleared after making changes to a site.
· Fixed bug that resulted in incorrect sizing of panels within accordion widgets in preview/export when accordion widgets are nested.
· Fixed bug where state-specific text attributes failed to export if the text frame was three sliced during export.
· Fixed bug that could result in incorrect page height on export of simple layouts with a footer item and a page item where the page item failed to push the footer down.
· Fixed bug that could result in hover of visited links being broken when multiple hyperlink styles are sharing attributes.
· Fixed where hyperlink styles that share attributes could override non-text hyperlink attributes.
· Fixed a bug that could prevent the "Open Link In New Window/Tab" option from working for a nested link.
· Fixed a bug that could prevent mouse down (active) state from working on menu items or text hyperlinks in Firefox.
· Fixed bug that prevented a browser background image set to original size from being able to be aligned to the bottom right of the browser window.
· Changed the ids used in the HTML exported from Muse so they are now unique across the site and in most cases they will stay the same from one export/publish to the next regardless of changes to the site.
Crashing Errors and Related Bug Fixes:
· Fixed error/crash "link dimensions are smaller than background image dimensions..."
· Fixed error/crash "can't change master to null for non-master page!"
· Fixed error/crash "mismatch bound text id" that could occur when changing the type of a menu from Manual to All Pages or Top Level Pages
· Fixed crash that could occur if a background fill was set to a really large image.
· Fixed bug on Windows where hitting Alt+F4 wile in the Sign Up dialog could result in an error/crash.
· Fixed bug that resulted in a "RangeError: Error 1125" when previewing a specific site.
· Fixed crash that could occur on click of accordion titles with text tool when accordion's bottom edge was touching a footer item.
· Fixed crash that could occur if an image was clicked while the image proxy was loading.
· Fixed error/crash "Can't instantiate object from closed site!" that could occur when right clicking on an item in the Asset panel.
· Fixed error/crash "why are we selecting text in a text frame that doesn't allow that?" when selecting child object using Shift+Escape shortcut.
· Fixed bug that enabled getting to the Welcome screen while the Open Site dialog was up (which could lead to a crash).
· Fixed crash on Windows Vista when attempting to add a domain to a BC site from within Muse if Muse was unable to match the locale to those recognized by BC.
· Fixed error/crash "addPendingProcess called on closed or closing site" that occurred when closing a specific site.
· Fixed error/crash "swatch not found" that could occur shortly after deleting a swatch.
· Fixed error/crash "Adding a Bounds to its recycling bin multiple times. Very bad"
· Fixed crash that could occur when undoing redefine of a character style.
Other Bug Fixes and Refinements:
· Applied cosmetic improvements to dialogs and buttons
· Changed code for generating the proxy images in the States panel to avoid distortion.
· Fixed bug where graphic style tooltips failed to appear in the correct UI language.
· Enabled horizontal resizing of the color palette. The color samples now reflow to take advantage of any additional width.
· Fixed a bug that could result in a newly added tab in a tabbed panel widget appearing with it's right icon being shown, when by default it should be hidden.
· Altered progress bar to avoid cases where the progress bar could hit 100% complete prematurely.
· Fixed bug that could result in incorrect behavior when dragging multiple selected trigger/thumbnail containers of a Composition widget.
· Fixed a bug that allowed access to the Style Options dialog for the "[None]" style.
· Corrected the tab order in Transform panel.
· Long page names are now ellipsized in the middle in Plan view.
· Changed how the selection highlight is drawn in Design view to avoid text with less than 100% transparency disappearing when selected.
· Fixed a bug that could result in the '[None]' style (graphic, character, paragraph or link style) not always being sorted to top of style list.
· Added dimmed versions of the header and footer guide adjustment grabbers to normal pages along with tooltips and more verbose tips with information on how to adjust header and footer guides.
· Fixed bug that permitted styles to be named with duplicate names.
· Fixed bug where deleting a used Swatch by clicking the trash can icon failed to bring up the Delete Swatch dialog.
· Double click on a category heading in the Widget Library now opens that category of widgets.
· Fixed a bug where the paragraph/character style dropdowns in control strip could fail to show correct selection after a style is renamed.
· Fixed bug that could result in the browser fill thumbnail not updating immediately after deleting a browser background image.
· Fixed bug that prevented being able to drag and drop a widget from the Widget Library directly into another widget.
· Fixed a bug that could cause export or preview to end prematurely when an error occurred without reporting the error.
· Fixed bugs that resulted in incorrect mouse cursors when a drag went in and out of the Design view.
· Fixed bug where some attributes were incorrectly additive across states when effects are used.
· Fixed bug where text with [None] color in normal state and a color in rollover state didn't show properly in Design or export.
· Fixed bug that caused a Widget loaded in the Place cursor via the Object:Insert... menu to not appear the exactly where the Place cursor was clicked.
· Fixed bug that prevented the Window menu keyboard shortcuts from working until the Window menu had been selected.
· Fixed calculation of overlap when dragging a rotated item into a widget.
· Fixed calculation of overlap when dragging a rotated item into a widget.
· Changed the behavior of the Place cursor so that if the Place cursor is loaded and Muse is switched away from Design view or switched to another site and back the Place cursor will remain loaded.
· Enabled selecting multiple layers in the PSD import dialog to import each layer as a separate image in Muse all in a single import operation.
· Fixed bug where background image fitting and position options weren't immediately disabled after deleting the background image.
· Fixed bugs that sometimes resulted in "U1234" values displaying in the Hyperlinks dropdown rather than page or anchor names.
· Fixed a bug where the on object UI for a slideshow could fall behind the palettes after importing images into the slideshow.
· Disabled tool shortcuts in Preview view (so those keystroke are not swallowed when interacting with HTML controls in Preview).
· Fixed bug that could prevent the name of an anchor link from updating in the Hyperlinks dropdown.
· Fixed bug that could prevent character style overrides from drawing correctly in menu item text.
· Fixed bug that prevented Redefine Style from working when a menu item was selected.
· Fixed bug that could result in the Hand tool cursor reverting to a Pointer tool cursor after a drag.
· Fixed bug that could result in the footer being incorrectly positioned after choosing "Reset Page Properties".
· Fixed bug that allowed menu items in an automatic menu to be rearranged via drag and drop. Drag and drop is only enabled for a manual menu.
· Fixed bug where a rectangle with background image, solid fill and center stroke showed the solid fill on the bottom and right of rectangle in Design view.
· Fixed bug with reduced image rendering quality for background images that are set to "Fit to Frame" or "Fill to Frame".
· Various fixes of localized strings used when running with a non-English UI.
· Fixed a bug which caused color and font information not to be included when defining a style from a selection that had a character style with those attributes.
· Fixed bug with style creation related to the mouse-down state attributes being inherited from rollover state.
· Fix bug that prevented redefining a character style when an item in any state other than Normal is selected.
· Fixed "Clear Overrides" and "Redefine Style" so they're now correctly enabled based on the attributes of the selection.
· Revised the styles tooltip so it consistently displays the attributes of the style and any overrides over the style that are part of the current selection.
· Fixed bugs that prevented the style override indicator "+" from displaying/hiding reliably.
February 9th, 2012
· Delivers 40+ new enhancements driven by the Muse user community, including new functionality for slideshow transitions and accordion widgets.
· Plus, Muse is now available in 6 additional languages – International English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, and Dutch.