June 18th, 2013A more connected Illustrator:
· Illustrator CC is part of Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they're available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich and growing library of training videos. And Creative Cloud is integrated with Behance, so you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
Touch Type tool:
· Design with type in a powerful new way. Characters can now be manipulated like individual objects. Experiment with moving, scaling, and rotating, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And you can now use multitouch devices as well as a mouse or stylus.
Images in brushes:
· Paint with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can create complex organic designs quickly — with simple brush strokes. As with all Illustrator brushes, your strokes can be reshaped and modified at will.
· Find the perfect font — fast. In the Character panel, type a style such as "bold" or "italic," a font family, or any other part of a font name. You'll get a filtered view that lets you see just the fonts that match your criteria.
· Import multiple files into your Illustrator layout at the same time and with new control. Now you can define the location and scale of your files — images, graphics, and text — and use new thumbnail views to see where each file will go and how big it will be.
· Hand-coding web elements such as icons and patterns can be frustrating. Now, create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you, even for a complete logo that includes gradients. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
· Capture color themes out in the world with the Adobe Kuler iPhone app. Share your themes and explore thousands of others available on the Kuler website. Sync your favorite themes, and they'll be accessible immediately in Illustrator.
Area and point type conversion:
· Instantly switch between area type and point type. Text object conversion is now instantaneous so you can design freely in your text layouts. And you can work just as easily with imported type, switching formats at any time.
Auto corners for pattern brushes:
· Get the corners you want without extra steps. Create pattern brushes swiftly with auto-generated corners that perfectly match the rest of the stroke. No need to tediously create special corners for your sharp angles.
On-art Free Transform:
· Get hands-on with the power of the Free Transform tool. Move, scale, and rotate objects directly using a touchscreen device. Or use a mouse or other pointer right on the artboard to transform objects in a more immediate and intuitive way.
· Save work directly from Illustrator CC to Behance to showcase finished projects or share a work in progress. As you perfect your work and upload new versions, get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
· COMING SOON Sync Settings
· Work the way you like on any of your computers — Mac or PC. Synchronize your workspace settings to Creative Cloud — including Illustrator preferences, presets, brushes, and libraries — so they go where you go.
Faster type performance:
· Work faster with type, even in your most complicated, type-intensive designs. Text that wraps around objects and type that is set in multiple connected text frames now refreshes quickly when you make a change.
· File packaging automatically gathers and saves the necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report into a single folder. Efficiently hand off Illustrator files to production or keep your working files organized by packaging up your project.
· Easily unembed images that have been placed and embedded in an Illustrator file. You can quickly make images available for editing or extract files embedded in artwork you received from someone else. Links to the image files are created automatically.
Expanded Links panel options:
· Get more complete information about any placed file in the Links panel. All of your placed elements — images, graphics, and text — appear in the Links panel, where you can track them with greater control than ever before.
December 11th, 2012
· Adds support for HiDPI Retina Displays and provides several other stability fixes.
August 28th, 2012The following issues have been resolved in this release:
· Sometimes, Illustrator quits unexpectedly if you only have read-only permissions on the Preferences folder.
· On launching Illustrator, error "Unable to set maximum number of files to be opened" is displayed.
· Sometimes, Save for Web does not create images with the specified dimensions.
· Copy-paste from other applications does not work as expected if you're using a third-party clipboard manager.
· Windows 7 only: Sometimes, Illustrator quits unexpectedly, when you move the cursor inside the Navigator panel.
· Selecting All Unused Swatches and deleting them, removes the parent/tint swatch which is not in use.
· When using Kotoeri text input methods, you are unable to shift selection to another uncommitted text group using the left/right arrow key.
· Saving as PDF/X-4, succeeds even if there are undefined glyphs in the document.
· Sometimes, Contextual Alternates do not work consistently. The ligatures displayed in CS6 are different from previous versions.
· If standard ligatures and contextual alternates are both enabled, some text may appear missing.
· Save as PDF dialog box does not accept any settings if you've already saved the file as PDF with Compression > Compress Text and Line Art option disabled.
· Text with drop shadow/outer glow effect has issues with editing in downsaved documents and may cause a crash.
· Transform commands do not work as expected, if you use the Transform Patterns option and then enter the Pattern Definition Mode.
May 7th, 2012Adobe Mercury Performance System:
· Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files thanks to a new performance system that powers Illustrator CS6. With native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows you can access all the RAM on your computer to easily open, save, and export large files and preview demanding designs. Just about everything feels faster and more responsive.
· Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different types of repeating patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
New Image Trace:
· Convert raster images to editable vectors with a completely new tracing engine. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable results without using complex controls.
New efficient, flexible interface:
· Take fewer steps to accomplish daily tasks in a new, streamlined interface. Enjoy inline editing of layer names, precise color sampling, and UI brightness that's smoothly adjustable to match other Adobe tools.
Gradients on strokes:
· Apply gradients to your strokes — along the length, across the width, or within the stroke itself — all with complete control over gradient placement and opacity.
Inline editing in panels:
· Efficiently edit names in layers, swatches, brushes, artboards, and other panels directly in the panels themselves without using intermediate dialog boxes.
Gaussian Blur enhancement:
· See that Gaussian Blur and effects such as Drop Shadows and Glows are applied significantly faster than before. To improve accuracy, preview directly on the artboard rather than in a dialog box.
Color panel enhancements:
· Sample colors faster and more precisely using an expandable color spectrum in the Color panel. And now, copy and paste hex values into other applications more quickly.
Transform panel enhancements:
· Quickly access the popular Scale Strokes and Effects option, thanks to its new availability in the Transform panel.
Type panel improvements:
· Use arrow keys to change fonts in context for selected text. Glyphs for caps, superscripts, and more can now be accessed in one place — from the Character panel.
Dockable hidden tools:
· Tear off and dock previously hidden tools, such as the Shape and Pen tools. Dock tools horizontally or vertically for a more efficient workspace.
Workspaces with rooms:
· Move fluidly from workspace to workspace with support for rooms. Achieve consistency across your work areas and maintain layout changes until you actively reset them.
December 2nd, 2010The Adobe Illustrator 15.0.2 update addresses a number of issues related to stability, including the following:
· PSD files lose saturation of spot colors when imported into AiCS5
· Performance problems when guides are set to dot
· Acrobat 10 documents with passwords fail to open
· Improved precision with DXF import
· Links are broken in legacy formats when image name contains Japanese characters for voiced sound marks
· Rounded Corner Edges that curved inside flipped to curve outside
· Non-Specific Crash when opening or closing files
· Security Issues
August 7th, 2010
· Out of memory problems specific to Macs with RAM exceeding 4gb, including failure of shortcut keys, rulers, or file open have been addressed.
· Glyph Panel issues have been addressed.
· Several crashes occurring at launch or quit have been addressed.
· A crash when traversing a variable data set containing linked images has been addressed.
· An issue with white lines appearing on rasterized gradient mesh objects has been addressed.
April 30th, 2010Beautiful Strokes new:
· Fully control variable-width strokes, arrowheads, dashes, and art brush scaling along a path. See it in action
Take a closer lookCrisp graphics for web and mobile devices:
· Crisp graphics for web and mobile devices new
· Create vector objects precisely on the file's pixel grid for delivering pixel-aligned raster artwork. See it in action
PlayShape builder tool:
· Shape Builder tool
· Intuitively combine, edit, and fill shapes directly on your artboard without accessing multiple tools and panels. See it in action
Roundtrip editing with Flash Catalyst:
· Edit artwork in Illustrator while maintaining structure and interactivity added using Adobe Flash® Catalyst
December 12th, 2008
· New: Multiple artboards - Create files containing up to 100 artboards of varying sizes and display them any way you want — overlapping, side by side, or stacked. Save, export, and print artboards independently or together. Save a selected range or all artboards as a multipage PDF file.
· New: Transparency in gradients - Define the opacity of any individual color stop in a gradient. Reveal underlying objects and images, and create rich color and texture mixes using multiple layers, knockouts, and cover-up fades.
· New: Blob Brush tool - Sketch with a brush that generates a single clean vector shape, even when strokes overlap. Draw naturally, using the Blob Brush tool together with the Eraser and Smooth tools.
· New: Gradients exposed - Interact with gradients right on your object. Set gradient angle, position, and elliptical dimensions. Add and edit colors using sliders — all with immediate feedback where you work.
· Enhanced: Integration and delivery - Collaborate with your team, work across products, and deliver almost anywhere thanks to integrated tools and extensive format support. Confidently design for print, interactive experiences, motion effects, and more.
· Enhanced user experience - Stay in the creative groove thanks to interface improvements that include on-object controls. Interact with tools smoothly, and increase your efficiency using new timesaving features and shortcuts.
· New: In-panel appearance editing - Edit object characteristics directly in the Appearance panel, eliminating the need to open fill, stroke, or effects panels. Work with shared attributes and control display for faster rendering.
· Enhanced: Refined graphic styles - Combine styles for unique effects and increased efficiency, and apply styles without disturbing an object's existing appearance. Enjoy new thumbnail previews and an expanded library of prebuilt styles.
· Enhanced: Clipping masks demystified - Work with masks more easily by viewing only the clipped area of your objects during editing. Take advantage of Isolation Mode, and use Edit Clipping Path for even more control.
· New: Separations Preview - Avoid color output surprises such as unexpected spot colors, unwanted overprinting, overprints that don't overprint, white overprinting, and CMYK blacks in text and placed files.