November 17th, 2011
· bug fixes and tweaks
September 21st, 2010
· Accordance has always been amazingly fast. Accordance 9 is faster. Accordance has always been incredibly powerful. Accordance 9 is even more so. Accordance has always been flexible enough to let you work the way you want. Accordance 9 is more flexible still. If Accordance offers excellence in Bible study, Accordance 9 offers excellence refined!
· You've Got the Look - Accordance 9 offers a new look for a new generation of Bible students. There are lots of cosmetic improvements like more modern controls and updated icons. Yet the beauty of Accordance 9 is more than skin deep. Each change has been carefully designed to improve your Bible study experience.
· Get in the Zone - In the course of your Bible study, you may consult a vast array of texts, lexicons, commentaries, and other resources. To help you keep all those resource neatly arranged yet easily accessible, Accordance 9 introduces zones. Zones are like mini-workspaces within a single workspace window. Each zone can have tabs containing multiple resources, but unlike tabs, the zones always remain neatly arranged beside each other. You might decide to keep all your Bibles in one zone, all your dictionaries in another, and all your commentaries in a third. Or you might group your English Bibles in one zone, and all your Greek texts and tools in another. Zones give you complete flexibility to arrange your workspace however you like. Accordance 9 will even do its best to add new resources to the most appropriate zone available. Want to do Bible study "in the zone"? Get Accordance 9.
· Feel the Need for Speed? - Accordance has always offered lightning fast searches and incredibly convenient ways to interact with your search results . . . with one notable exception. The Search All window let you search every module in your library at once, but it didn't exactly break any speed records. It has therefore been completely redesigned for Accordance 9.
· First, it's fast. A new method of indexing lets you search even the largest library in seconds. Best of all, your computer won't bog down for hours during the indexing process.
· Second, you can now browse the results right in the Search All window. Browse through resources on the left and see hits in context on the right.
· Third, a new Captions option lets you search for images in tools which contain a caption field, making it easy to mine your library for useful pictures and illustrations.
· The screaming speed and convenient display of the revamped Search All window make it incredibly useful for mining the depths of your entire Accordance library. If you "feel the need for speed," then you need Accordance 9.
· Need it Now? Get it Now! - Need a new commentary to help with Sunday's sermon? How about a better lexicon to help with that exegesis paper? It doesn't matter if the bookstores are closed, the Accordance online store is always open. And now with Accordance 9 Easy Install, almost every Accordance resource can be downloaded and installed in minutes. No more waiting for the mail to arrive, and no more shipping costs to pay. If you need it now, get it now.
· Get Your Act Together - Accordance has long offered you options to group related modules together for opening or searching, but the various methods were confusing. That's all gone now. Simply add a folder to My Groups in the Library window, and drag any modules into it. Update, and bingo, this group is available to the souped up Search All. Want to simply open all the modules in that folder? Double-click on the folder. Command-double-click to open them in their own workspace which you can save as a Favorite, and then amplify to it to search for your selected word or phrase.
· Go Beyond Grammar - Ever struggled to understand how one word relates to another in the original text? What is the subject of the sentence? Which clause states the main point and which clauses merely support that point? At times it takes a linguist to figure out!
· So we took a linguist—actually a whole team of them—and put them to work analyzing the Bible text for you. They are still hard at work, but you can purchase their analysis of Genesis and John right now, enjoying free updates to the completed modules.
· Accordance Syntax modules let you view a beautiful syntax tree which shows clearly how the words fit together. Syntactical terms are explained in the Instant Details and cross-highlight with the tagged text in a parallel pane. Want to find other examples of an interesting construction? Syntactical searches are easy to set up using the Search or Construct tabs.
· This syntax has been designed from the get go to fit elegantly into Accordance and to help you engage with the text rather than with the syntactical database. You'll love the way it opens up the text for you.
March 27th, 2010
· Includes a dimmed recycle symbol to make it easier to turn on the recycling. Several obscure bugs were corrected.
March 10th, 2010
· Tying of tabs is preserved when a single workspace is saved with internal ties, as well as when a session is saved. This allows the workspace with tied tabs to be saved as a favorite, and for the tabs to scroll together however that workspace is reopened.
· Pressing command to see the dictionary article for the word under the cursor in the Instant Details: if there is a main article for that word it is now displayed, rather than just the first entry containing the word.
· For Key number texts, the shift-triple-click opens the last English dictionary rather than the Key dictionary.
January 20th, 2010
· Corrects bugs showing up on older PPC Macs and introduced by a new compiler.
January 19th, 2010
· Makes it even easier to edit user notes, and to find modules in the Library window.
December 8th, 2009
· Adds a direct link to Google maps when right-clicking on any point on the map.
November 10th, 2009
· Copy as Citation for a selection in any tool pane includes the bibliography. The selection and bibliography are formatted according to the Bibliography Preferences. The specific formats currently supported include the SBL and Turabian styles, either with the bibliography below the citation or inserted automatically as a footnote. (OS X only).
· Note: This first release of this new feature attempts to provide accurate Bibliographic information from any tool, but it is not perfect, so please check for errors.
· If a string of words is not found in a text or tool, the dialog now offers to search for ANY or ALL of the words.
· An option in Print Settings scales the image up or down to fit onto the printed page (OS X only).
· Check for Updates now displays the sizes of file downloads, and also any recommended paid updates for modules whose name has changed.
· After changing the Text and Tool Display Preferences, the user has the option to apply the new settings to the currently open panes.
· User Bible import now proceeds even when there are verse discrepancies, but gives a warning for each book.
September 17th, 2009
· Further improves the module links in user tools by adding the link style automatically to the pasted links. It also supports links between user tools.
· The functionality of all the fonts has been restored with the exception of Hoefler Text in Snow Leopard. The solution is to restore an earlier version of the font.
September 3rd, 2009
· Command-drag over words or verse references to see a dictionary or commentary article in the Instant Details box.
· Customize the orientation of the Instant Details box and easily copy the information it contains.
· Hover your mouse over most buttons, menus, and controls for Help tags. Hold down the command key while viewing a Help tag to get more detailed help.
· View Greek and Hebrew words in the History menu.
· Easily return to viewing all verses after a search.
· Instantly jump to any book of the Bible.
· Enjoy more accurate highlighting between English Bibles with key numbers and Greek and Hebrew texts.
May 11th, 2009
· Scripture References in Instant Details - When the cursor is over a multi-verse reference in a Tool or User Notes window, the Instant Details box now displays up to 8 verses of the text.
Spaces Between Book Names and Numbers:
· When entering verse references it is no longer necessary to avoid entering a space between a book number and name, so that 2 Kings is now acceptable anywhere in a list of references. However, now you must add a comma or semi-colon after the last number of the previous reference so that it is not interpreted as a book number. Thus Gen 1:1; Ex 1:1 must be used rather than Gen 1:1 Ex 1:1.
· Copy as Citation and Copy as References now automatically add a space between a book number and name, so that 2Kings becomes 2 Kings. This is separate from the setting of Use SBL Standard notation in Preferences/Appearance.
· Other Text Export Enhancements - Accordance now converts to the the correct Unicode characters when exporting NA27 apparatus sigla. Slight changes were also made in the "stripping" of characters in Greek and Syriac.
· Reference List Window - Control-command-R adds the selected verse(s) to the top item in the Add Selection To submenu, making it easier to add verses to a Reference List. The limit of verses has been raised from 1000 to 10,000.
· Command-+ and Command- - now resize the text in the Analysis, Concordance, Table, Parsing, and Text Differences windows, as they already did in the main windows.
· Control-0 changes the current search text to the tenth item in the pop-up menu.
March 9th, 2009
· Localized to German and Spanish, so these languages are automatically supported if the primary System language is German or Spanish.
· When triple-clicking a word, if the word is not found in a search of the first dictionary, the other dictionaries in the category are searched in turn until the word is found.
· Hebrew prefixes and suffixes are considered part of a single selected word when amplifying to a tagged text, so the equal sign is correctly added to the separate lemmas or inflected forms.
· Hebrew vowels are now correctly divided between a word and its suffix, when these are separated by a space.
· Adding f after a verse reference now adds a single unit, verse, chapter, or book, intead of adding all of the last unit like ff does. A period is now ignored after f or ff, rather than generating an error message.
· Option-click on a pane close button closes all the other panes.
· Further refinements to the diagram window include pressing option with an arrow key to move the object one pixel at a time.
· Command-double-click on a module in the Library window opens an independent window instead of a tab.
· Printing of 3 columns with side margins of 1 inch is now supported.
December 8th, 2008
· Corrects a crash in the update feature when downloading larger modules, and is not needed for PPC and Classic users.
November 3rd, 2008
· Redesigned Tabs and Buttons throughout the windows.
· Built in and automatic Check for Updates to download updates of the program and modules.
Major enhancements to the diagram window including:
· Magnification pop-up menu to zoom in and out.
· New Palette Items: Arcs, arrows, box, and flexible diagonal lines and dotted lines; Option-drag to reverse the direction of the palette item for Hebrew.
· Options in Set Diagram Display allow selection of: Variable default font size; Variable grid allows easier organization in columns; Horizontal and Vertical Pages.
· Option to automatically search for the verse reference with the word, when amplifying from a text to a tool.
· Search for inflected form when the lexical form is not found, when amplifying from a tagged text to a tool.
· Amplify from a single word in a tagged text to a tagged text adds the equal sign for exact search, unless the exact form is not found.
· Amplify from a pane to the same search text adds all the current panes.
· General pane reorganized.
· Parallel pane allows the additional text to be set for each parallel.
· Set Default Display of selected modules in the Library window sets a batch of modules.
· User Note edit window can be opened in place when typing in a user note.
· User Tools support hyperlinks to texts, tools, user tools, files on the hard drive, or URLs.
· Timeline has a new World History region, and an All Items list.
· The Apple Help button appears on most dialog boxes and many windows to link to the relevant Help page.
· Support for Mac mouse special scrolling options.
· Tying of windows is preserved if a single workspace is saved.
September 1st, 2008
· Provides improved import of HTML files into user tools, and more options for the export of selected text.
· Keyboard shortcuts were changed as follows: option-command-X removes selected verses from the Reference List window, and shift-command-N adds a new folder to the Library window (instead of F).
· A number of obscure bugs were corrected.
July 31st, 2008
· We finally found a workaround to the two serious crashes on some Intel Macs. One occurred when printing to certain HP printers from OS 10.5.3 on the iMac. The other happened on opening the 3D Map window on Macs which use an NVidia graphics chipset with OS 10.5.2 or above. These issues were corrected in 8.0.3, and the warning on Intel when opening the 3D has been removed. However, an attempt to improve the 3D Map resulted in a bug in which the right side of the map appeared flat. This is corrected in 8.0.4 and the accuracy of the site placement is further improved.
· Otherwise this upgrade mainly corrects sundry minor bugs, and is recommended for all users.
July 29th, 2008
· We finally found a workaround to the two serious crashes on some Intel Macs. One occurred when printing to certain HP printers from OS 10.5.3 on the iMac. The other happened on opening the 3D Map window on Macs which use an NVidia graphics chipset with OS 10.5.2 or above. These issues should now be corrected, and the warning on Intel when opening the 3D has been removed. Otherwise this upgrade mainly corrects sundry minor bugs, and is recommended for all users.
June 20th, 2008
· We have corrected some printing issues. However, we are aware of crashes with certain HP printers, Intel iMac, OS X 10.5.3, and the Intel version of Accordance. We have not yet found a workaround except to switch to a different printer driver (in another program) so that Accordance accesses that printer driver rather than the one that Apple supplies with Leopard for HP printers. You could print to a PDF, then later print the PDF.
June 5th, 2008
· The initial release of version 8 went very smoothly, but several little bugs have come to light, so here is the latest version 8.0.1 which has dealt with almost all of them.
May 27th, 2008
· The long promised Universal Binary code to run native and fast on Intel Macs.
· Cool new display options, powerful new searches, and a host of other new features.