Gtkpod is a platform independent Graphical User Interface for Apple's iPod using GTK2.
Gtkpod supports the first to fifth Generation including the iPod Photo, iPod Shuffle, iPod mini, iPod nano and iPod Video.
Here are some key features of "Gtkpod":
· Read your existing iTunesDB (i.e. import the existing contents of your iPod including playcounts, ratings and on-the-go playlists).
· Add MP3, WAV, M4A (non-protected AAC), M4B (audio book), podcasts, and various video files (single files, directories or existing playlists) to the iPod. You need a third party product to download podcasts, like 'bashpodder' or 'gpodder'
· View, add and modify Cover Art
· Browse the contents of your local harddisk by album/artist/genre by adding all your songs to the 'local' database. From there the tracks can be dragged over to the iPod/Shuffle easily.
· Create and modify playlists, including smart playlists.
· You can choose the charset the ID3 tags are encoded in from within gtkpod. The default is the charset currently used by your locale setting.
· Extract tag information (artist, album, title...) from the filename if you supply a template.
· Detect duplicates when adding songs (optional).
· Remove and export tracks from your iPod.
· Modify ID3 tags -- changes are also updated in the original file (optional).
· Refresh ID3 tags from file (if you have changed the tags in the original file).
· Sync directories.
· Normalize the volume of your tracks (uses mp3gain or the replay-gain tag)
· Write the updated iTunesDB and added songs to your iPod.
· Work offline and synchronize your new playlists / songs with the iPod at a later time.
· Export your korganizer/kaddressbook/thunderbird/evocalendar/evolution/webcalendar... data to the iPod (scripts for other programs can be added).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FEATURE: Clarity plugin for alternative display of coverart using clutter/opengl
· IMPROVEMENT: Make splash screen preference to allow it to be disabled
· IMPROVEMENT: Update core app code to align with current anjuta
· BUGFIX: Reintroduce track normalization
· BUGFIX: Allows the LOG path to contain spaces.
· Thanks to Walt Ogburn for the bug report and patch.
· BUGFIX: Allow broadcast of string preferences
· BUGFIX: Provide some sensible sorting of tracks when added from files / directories
· BUGFIX: Ensure progress bar is updated when saving ipod database
· BUGFIX: Avoid possibility of symlinks, when adding files, hanging gtkpod
· BUGFIX: Display track conversion progress correctly
Edit Track Details:
· BUGFIX: Fix for track volume control
· Coverart Display plugin
· BUGFIX: Avoid trying to unreference NULL album art in cover art display plugin
· BUGFIX: Ensure signal handlers are disconnected on plugin deactivation
Track Display plugin:
· BUGFIX: Fix incorrect default prefe...