Based off the included iTunes remote with Telekinesis, Uniremote is capable of controlling more applications. The Universal Remote imitates the real Apple Remote, for the most part.
Uniremote also has Extended Remotes, which provide more advanced remotes to better fit a specified applications needs.
Uniremote has two remote types:
· The Universal Remote which can control a few things of a lot of applications. Generally, the Universal Remote acts identically with Apple Remote (eg: pressing menu will bring up front row). To control the application in the list below with the Universal Remote, just make that application active. If the application you are in is not supported, it will revert to controlling iTunes or will activate Front Row with the menu button. Almost always the volume controls will change the system volume, no matter what application you are in.
· Extended Remotes have a layout that is fitted just for the application you want to control. You don't have to be in the application you want to control with extended remotes. Most will do the change in the background, however, SlingPlayer will be brought to the front.
· AOL Radio
· DivX Player
· DVD Player
· Front Row (although scrolling up and down is slow)
· Google Video Player
· Microsoft PowerPoint
· DVD Player
· Front Row
· QuickTime Player
· System Controls
NOTE: Uniremote is distributed and licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Extended Remote support for the application Movist. This extended remote was created by Jozef Remen from http://www.macplanet.sk
· Updated how the System Controls Extended Remote handles muting, now it remembers what the volume used to be, so you can toggle it on and off easily.